EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coronado at El Dorado

This could be a very interesting game. Angelo Donatelli had huge success against Montwood. Ced Barfield may be the best player in the city. Coronado will have to contain him. I personally believe that Jose Luis Herrera is just as much a problem to contain for Eldo. Garrett Slaughter is dangerous on the ground and through the air. I think Coronado has too much offense for Eldo. If Coronado stops Ced, they win. Stopping the play of Angelo, JLU, and Slaughter is a different story.

42-21 T-Birds

Re: Coronado at El Dorado

I think Coronado wins this game but by only a few points. No more than 7. Barfield touches the ball every offensive play. It's a tough task stopping a player of that caliber for 4 quarters when the ball is in his hands every single snap. Montwood had a tough time stopping him and I don't think Coronado is going to have an easier time. Should be a good game though.

T-birds 58-53. El do will score points but they allow a lot too. Should be a very good game.

I think this is another win for El Dorado 42-34.

It all depends on what team shows up for Coronado, if its last weeks defense, Eldo will take it hands down!
I would want to see a game where both offense and defense show up for the same game from Coroando. They would win the last 3 games left with no problem.

If Coronado looses this game, the fourth spot might come down to the Westside Bowl on 1-6A !!
Not counting Americas pulling a last game upset on Franklin which could happen

WHO DUNNIT ?
This could be a very interesting game. Angelo Donatelli had huge success against Montwood. Ced Barfield may be the best player in the city. Coronado will have to contain him. I personally believe that Jose Luis Herrera is just as much a problem to contain for Eldo. Garrett Slaughter is dangerous on the ground and through the air. I think Coronado has too much offense for Eldo. If Coronado stops Ced, they win. Stopping the play of Angelo, JLU, and Slaughter is a different story.

42-21 T-Birds

Cedarious is your Angelo, JLU, Slaughter and other Coronado players wrapped up in one. In other words what all your Coronado players can do good on the field Cedarious can do like 100 times better.

Cedarious is a great kid and an awesome athlete BUT much humbler than you it seems.
One mean teams struggle some times, better hope for your egos sake it won't be the case this week.

In My opinion, Ced is the best player in ElPaso. with that being said, I have met this young man, and his father. They are humble good peeps. On the other hand at Coronado, Jose Luis Herrera for Coronado is a special teams nightmare. True D1 material for that alone. He also plays really well at receiver. Garrett Slaughter is also a playmaker and a gamer at halfback. He can also catch the ball at any range, as last weeks 98 yard pass for a touch down that he hung on Montwood can illustrate. Angelo Donatelli has changed the team now that he is back to Qb on the read option. All in all, the Tbirds have a lot of ammo. If they lose, it will be because the can't contain Ced's running ability. With regard to his passing, I believe we can cover the receivers with Seabrook and Abarca. JMHO

TBIRDIE
In My opinion, Ced is the best player in ElPaso. with that being said, I have met this young man, and his father. They are humble good peeps. On the other hand at Coronado, Jose Luis Herrera for Coronado is a special teams nightmare. True D1 material for that alone. He also plays really well at receiver. Garrett Slaughter is also a playmaker and a gamer at halfback. He can also catch the ball at any range, as last weeks 98 yard pass for a touch down that he hung on Montwood can illustrate. Angelo Donatelli has changed the team now that he is back to Qb on the read option. All in all, the Tbirds have a lot of ammo. If they lose, it will be because the can't contain Ced's running ability. With regard to his passing, I believe we can cover the receivers with Seabrook and Abarca. JMHO

D1? No way is he D1 material. It's amazing how many joesmos out there think they know who is D1 material and who is not D1 material. I swear it's like everyone out there from parents to high school football coaches think they are a division 1 scout. Stick to your day jobs people and leave the scouting to the experts.

D1 coach approached him last week after the Montwood game, so I think you might be eating your "know it all" words pretty soon!!

unconcerned
D1 coach approached him last week after the Montwood game, so I think you might be eating your "know it all" words pretty soon!!

I think Coronado better just worry about winning on Friday. J-WHO will have to be prepared for what is in store. The kids have been coached to stop the run. This means Slaughter or Angelo too. The only Slaughter that you will experience on Friday, will be the Slaughter of the tbirds by Eldo! It's all in good fun!

The Cedarious train runs through the SAC on Friday. just wait. D-1 material ! LOL

unconcerned

Many moons ago during my graduation photo session a female professional photographer took pictures of me and my friends. The photographer then approached me and whispered in my ear in saying "You have a nice facial structure, your shoulders are broad and you look so very bold and strong, your arms are long, and your hands and teeth are pure perfection and your butt my goodness look what I'm trying to say to you is that you are GQ material". Today I'm no GQ model just another Joesmo.

Joesmo
unconcerned

Many moons ago during my graduation photo session a female professional photographer took pictures of me and my friends. The photographer then approached me and whispered in my ear in saying "You have a nice facial structure, your shoulders are broad and you look so very bold and strong, your arms are long, and your hands and teeth are pure perfection and your butt my goodness look what I'm trying to say to you is that you are GQ material". Today I'm no GQ model just another Joesmo.

Maybe she was a liar? Just sayin....

Where is the love for the starting Tbird running back? Julian Madrid

Lol
Joesmo
unconcerned

Maybe she was a liar? Just sayin....

Believe me if you were to see me you would say the exact same thing. I hear it from many people no matter where I go. You're so handsome, you're cute, you're very attractive, you're sexy, you should be a model, I hear it from many to this very day and to be honest I get tired of it I just want to lead a normal joesmo life.

You should realize this “JLU” kid is the same one that scored 3 touchdowns against El Do last year.

I think Coronado coaches will have to really be strategic and listen to their players. They will know how to best contain Cedarious.
That kind of synchronization is going to be key. May all the players be safe &GO TBIRDS.

unconcerned

There were no D-1 coaches at Coronado last Friday. Give us all a break. D-1 coaches had a game on Saturday. They did not spend it in El Paso. Casey Courtney was the leading tackler in the state. He ended of in Silver City. Where does that leave Jozey Luis? Coronado is good, but lets be real about all this D-1 stuff. This poor kid is Definitly El Paso good, but that is it. When you play Midland Lee or Odessa Permian, you are relegated to something short of good. Best of luck friday night.

Prediction

El Dorado 42 Coronado 31

What

Well he's the 3rd leading rusher on his team and the 18th ranked RB in the district soooo.........

What what
What

Well he's the 3rd leading rusher on his team and the 18th ranked RB in the district soooo.........
In the district? C'mon man! Maybe if he was ranked 18th in the state, then MAYYYBBEEEE, but no way in district. Good try on getting his name out there though.

C'MON MAN
What what
What

In the district? C'mon man! Maybe if he was ranked 18th in the state, then MAYYYBBEEEE, but no way in district. Good try on getting his name out there though.

I play on this team. Julian Madrid switches out with Garrett Slaughter Slaughter at running back. I would have to say Garrett is the starter. Julian is a senior, so he get “senior priveledge. Both of them can play at a high level. The team is best when Donatelli , Herrera, Slaughter, Parker, and Norzargaray are in game. We have balance. Julian is still nursing an injury, so he is not the same as he was last year. If we could only get the ball more often to that Parker. He has the best hands on the team.

Whaaaaat?
unconcerned

There were no D-1 coaches at Coronado last Friday. Give us all a break. D-1 coaches had a game on Saturday. They did not spend it in El Paso. Casey Courtney was the leading tackler in the state. He ended of in Silver City. Where does that leave Jozey Luis? Coronado is good, but lets be real about all this D-1 stuff. This poor kid is Definitly El Paso good, but that is it. When you play Midland Lee or Odessa Permian, you are relegated to something short of good. Best of luck friday night.

Why is everyone in ELP such an expert on everything football?
Why is it so far fetched that a NMSU or UTEP recruiter would have been at the game? After all, Ty and Andrew where playing, maybe NMSU is trying to move in on UTEP and make an offer? I see your point and maybe that was not Nick Saban I thought I saw on the sideline, but not unthinkable to have the two D1s from the area when the MW duo were playing.
And not to take anything from Herrera, because any recruit would be dumb to not notice the night he had.

Annoyed
Whaaaaat?
unconcerned

Why is it so far fetched that a NMSU or UTEP recruiter would have been at the game? After all, Ty and Andrew where playing, maybe NMSU is trying to move in on UTEP and make an offer? I see your point and maybe that was not Nick Saban I thought I saw on the sideline, but not unthinkable to have the two D1s from the area when the MW duo were playing.
And not to take anything from Herrera, because any recruit would be dumb to not notice the night he had.

I am no expert, but Herrara is at best a very good special teams player. He doesn’t have great speed, but he is quick and shifty. His diminutive size frame is what will keep him out of a big school. He can however play at the next level. Carter McFadden has that kind of potential as well. I slso think Garrett Slaughter can play at the next level. D-1 though??? Naaaa

True
Annoyed
Whaaaaat?
unconcerned

I am no expert, but Herrara is at best a very good special teams player. He doesn’t have great speed, but he is quick and shifty. His diminutive size frame is what will keep him out of a big school. He can however play at the next level. Carter McFadden has that kind of potential as well. I slso think Garrett Slaughter can play at the next level. D-1 though??? Naaaa

Sorry but those players are D2 material.

If they happen to get a D1 offer it will come only from one of the Universities you mentioned UTEP or NMSU just because of local or the buddy system.

Also if you take off your Coronado goggles and look at other teams throughout the city of your precious El Paso and do not only focus at Coronado you will notice lots of players of other teams that are way more talented than the Coronado players you are mentioning or trying to headline. Chapin has a handful. Eastlake has a handful. Del Valle has a handful. Pebble Hills has a handful. Montwood has a handful. Franklin has half a handful. Andress has half a handful. Parkland has half a handful. Take off those Coronado goggles and see.

I think Coronado is going to run all over El Dorado. They cannot pass the football. When the Coronado OC gets flustered, his plan of execution is the wildcat with that #10 Herrera. If they stack the box, Herrera has the ability to hit a wide receiver down field. More often than not it is the quarterback Donatelli that moves to WR thus benching guys like Parker. Julian Madrid and Garrett Slaughter become non-factors in this scheme. It is pretty successful when done correctly. In my opinion, Coronado needs to throw the ball and be more consistent. This is a must win for both teams. ANGELO if you are reading this , throw it to James Parker!! he is always open.

Every 1-6A team before playing El Dorado has said they will stop Cedarious Barfield from getting long runs and from taking it to the house and scoring and they have not been able to do it. Let's see if Coronado is able to stop Cedarious or if Coronado is just another one of those 1-6A teams who Cedarious runs and scores on at will.

TheTruth
Every 1-6A team before playing El Dorado has said they will stop Cedarious Barfield from getting long runs and from taking it to the house and scoring and they have not been able to do it. Let's see if Coronado is able to stop Cedarious or if Coronado is just another one of those 1-6A teams who Cedarious runs and scores on at will.

One player cant win it for you. It takes a village. That is why you lost to Eastlake and Montwood. Ced is one of 11 players. Having seen both teams play, I believe that Coronado has more big play making ability. that # 10 was a difference maker. He exposed our special teams. The running back for Coronado caught a 100 yard bomb on us. The quarterback ran well too. I see a close game. 52-45 for Coronado. Good Luck!

Rambacker
TheTruth

One player cant win it for you. It takes a village. That is why you lost to Eastlake and Montwood. Ced is one of 11 players. Having seen both teams play, I believe that Coronado has more big play making ability. that # 10 was a difference maker. He exposed our special teams. The running back for Coronado caught a 100 yard bomb on us. The quarterback ran well too. I see a close game. 52-45 for Coronado. Good Luck!

Why do you have to bring up El Dorado losses to other teams early in the season? If you want to talk early season games then what of Coronado losing to Canutillo and barely squeaking by Andress 10-7? Early season football is just that early season football leave it back there where it belongs.

TheTruth
Rambacker
TheTruth

Why do you have to bring up El Dorado losses to other teams early in the season? If you want to talk early season games then what of Coronado losing to Canutillo and barely squeaking by Andress 10-7? Early season football is just that early season football leave it back there where it belongs.

Montwood was a district game. It wasn't pre season. what are you saying. Look I watched both teams. turnovers could play a big role in your game. I am just saying that Ced is all Montwood has. If Coronado can slow or shut him down they can win the game. Coronado played us better, and with more weapons . Good luck to the best team on Friday.

It’s going to be tough, Coronado can’t assume anything because they played well last game and they need to stay strong the entire game. No doubt, Cedarious is the best player in city. They are going to a have to find a way to stop him - strategic plays and ADJUSTING is going to be critical. That means containing AND blitzing Eldo as needed. Hopefully Coronado has the confidence to take on Eldo as long as they don’t get let it get to them. They gotta be smart in every play. And for goodness sakes, the line needs to protect so whomever is the QB do they can try to execute the plays.

Barfield will be stuffed

Coronado 31 El Dorado 14

PrideoftheWestside
Barfield will be stuffed

Coronado 31 El Dorado 14

I hope your right. They have not proven they will let anyone pressure the QB yet. That Anderson is such a genius. You give Barfield all day he will find an opening. The Tbirds are without standout turned "Container" Carter McFadden.
Everyone in Tbird nation is so sick of that crap. So I agree! Put it on him. Just make sure the linebackers are up for the challenge.

PrideoftheWestside
Barfield will be stuffed

Coronado 31 El Dorado 14

Barfield's at the 50 , he's at the 40 , at the 30 , the 20 , the 10 , 5 , TOUCHDOWN AZTECS!!!

I've seen Barfield in two games now and don't think there's a team that can stuff him. When you think you got him he's 20 yards down the field. But good luck to both teams.

AZTECS!!!
PrideoftheWestside
Barfield will be stuffed

Coronado 31 El Dorado 14

Barfield's at the 50 , he's at the 40 , at the 30 , the 20 , the 10 , 5 , TOUCHDOWN AZTECS!!!

Ha ha that's cute and yes C.Barfield will get his runs here and there but Coronado will get the Win.

Final will be Coronado 42 El Dorado 28

Why was #70 for coronado playing this game? Isn't he ineligible since he was ejected last week?

42-28 hmmmm???? Prediction was wronnnng

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m