EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Coronado at El Dorado

This could be a very interesting game. Angelo Donatelli had huge success against Montwood. Ced Barfield may be the best player in the city. Coronado will have to contain him. I personally believe that Jose Luis Herrera is just as much a problem to contain for Eldo. Garrett Slaughter is dangerous on the ground and through the air. I think Coronado has too much offense for Eldo. If Coronado stops Ced, they win. Stopping the play of Angelo, JLU, and Slaughter is a different story.

42-21 T-Birds

Re: Coronado at El Dorado

I think Coronado wins this game but by only a few points. No more than 7. Barfield touches the ball every offensive play. It's a tough task stopping a player of that caliber for 4 quarters when the ball is in his hands every single snap. Montwood had a tough time stopping him and I don't think Coronado is going to have an easier time. Should be a good game though.

T-birds 58-53. El do will score points but they allow a lot too. Should be a very good game.

I think this is another win for El Dorado 42-34.

It all depends on what team shows up for Coronado, if its last weeks defense, Eldo will take it hands down!
I would want to see a game where both offense and defense show up for the same game from Coroando. They would win the last 3 games left with no problem.

If Coronado looses this game, the fourth spot might come down to the Westside Bowl on 1-6A !!
Not counting Americas pulling a last game upset on Franklin which could happen

WHO DUNNIT ?
This could be a very interesting game. Angelo Donatelli had huge success against Montwood. Ced Barfield may be the best player in the city. Coronado will have to contain him. I personally believe that Jose Luis Herrera is just as much a problem to contain for Eldo. Garrett Slaughter is dangerous on the ground and through the air. I think Coronado has too much offense for Eldo. If Coronado stops Ced, they win. Stopping the play of Angelo, JLU, and Slaughter is a different story.

42-21 T-Birds

Cedarious is your Angelo, JLU, Slaughter and other Coronado players wrapped up in one. In other words what all your Coronado players can do good on the field Cedarious can do like 100 times better.

Cedarious is a great kid and an awesome athlete BUT much humbler than you it seems.
One mean teams struggle some times, better hope for your egos sake it won't be the case this week.

In My opinion, Ced is the best player in ElPaso. with that being said, I have met this young man, and his father. They are humble good peeps. On the other hand at Coronado, Jose Luis Herrera for Coronado is a special teams nightmare. True D1 material for that alone. He also plays really well at receiver. Garrett Slaughter is also a playmaker and a gamer at halfback. He can also catch the ball at any range, as last weeks 98 yard pass for a touch down that he hung on Montwood can illustrate. Angelo Donatelli has changed the team now that he is back to Qb on the read option. All in all, the Tbirds have a lot of ammo. If they lose, it will be because the can't contain Ced's running ability. With regard to his passing, I believe we can cover the receivers with Seabrook and Abarca. JMHO

TBIRDIE
In My opinion, Ced is the best player in ElPaso. with that being said, I have met this young man, and his father. They are humble good peeps. On the other hand at Coronado, Jose Luis Herrera for Coronado is a special teams nightmare. True D1 material for that alone. He also plays really well at receiver. Garrett Slaughter is also a playmaker and a gamer at halfback. He can also catch the ball at any range, as last weeks 98 yard pass for a touch down that he hung on Montwood can illustrate. Angelo Donatelli has changed the team now that he is back to Qb on the read option. All in all, the Tbirds have a lot of ammo. If they lose, it will be because the can't contain Ced's running ability. With regard to his passing, I believe we can cover the receivers with Seabrook and Abarca. JMHO

D1? No way is he D1 material. It's amazing how many joesmos out there think they know who is D1 material and who is not D1 material. I swear it's like everyone out there from parents to high school football coaches think they are a division 1 scout. Stick to your day jobs people and leave the scouting to the experts.

D1 coach approached him last week after the Montwood game, so I think you might be eating your "know it all" words pretty soon!!

unconcerned
D1 coach approached him last week after the Montwood game, so I think you might be eating your "know it all" words pretty soon!!

I think Coronado better just worry about winning on Friday. J-WHO will have to be prepared for what is in store. The kids have been coached to stop the run. This means Slaughter or Angelo too. The only Slaughter that you will experience on Friday, will be the Slaughter of the tbirds by Eldo! It's all in good fun!

The Cedarious train runs through the SAC on Friday. just wait. D-1 material ! LOL

unconcerned

Many moons ago during my graduation photo session a female professional photographer took pictures of me and my friends. The photographer then approached me and whispered in my ear in saying "You have a nice facial structure, your shoulders are broad and you look so very bold and strong, your arms are long, and your hands and teeth are pure perfection and your butt my goodness look what I'm trying to say to you is that you are GQ material". Today I'm no GQ model just another Joesmo.

Joesmo
unconcerned

Many moons ago during my graduation photo session a female professional photographer took pictures of me and my friends. The photographer then approached me and whispered in my ear in saying "You have a nice facial structure, your shoulders are broad and you look so very bold and strong, your arms are long, and your hands and teeth are pure perfection and your butt my goodness look what I'm trying to say to you is that you are GQ material". Today I'm no GQ model just another Joesmo.

Maybe she was a liar? Just sayin....

Where is the love for the starting Tbird running back? Julian Madrid

Lol
Joesmo
unconcerned

Maybe she was a liar? Just sayin....

Believe me if you were to see me you would say the exact same thing. I hear it from many people no matter where I go. You're so handsome, you're cute, you're very attractive, you're sexy, you should be a model, I hear it from many to this very day and to be honest I get tired of it I just want to lead a normal joesmo life.

You should realize this “JLU” kid is the same one that scored 3 touchdowns against El Do last year.

I think Coronado coaches will have to really be strategic and listen to their players. They will know how to best contain Cedarious.
That kind of synchronization is going to be key. May all the players be safe &GO TBIRDS.

unconcerned

There were no D-1 coaches at Coronado last Friday. Give us all a break. D-1 coaches had a game on Saturday. They did not spend it in El Paso. Casey Courtney was the leading tackler in the state. He ended of in Silver City. Where does that leave Jozey Luis? Coronado is good, but lets be real about all this D-1 stuff. This poor kid is Definitly El Paso good, but that is it. When you play Midland Lee or Odessa Permian, you are relegated to something short of good. Best of luck friday night.

Prediction

El Dorado 42 Coronado 31

What
Where is the love for the starting Tbird running back? Julian Madrid

Well he's the 3rd leading rusher on his team and the 18th ranked RB in the district soooo.........

1 2
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m