EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Montwood's O line ,

Is Montwood's O line the best in the 915?

Re: Montwood's O line ,

I and the stats say yes but every team is going to say they have the best.

When you have a D1 quarterback such as Andrew Fernandez he will make his offensive line look like the best offensive line in the State.

Watch the Montwood games it's not like Andrew is in the pocket for a long duration he usually has to scramble and make something happen out of nothing.

Well then he's doing a great job but its called a team sport. And Montwood has a great offense.

Based off of running yards.... in 6-A pebble hills has the best running game with #9 in the back field

Montwood avg 249 yards rushing per game Pebble hills 211 yards as per maxpreps.

I think Montwood definitely has the biggest line and should be in the conversation as the best in town.

#9 for Pebble Hill is definitely a very good running back. As an individual probably has the lead as a rusher in El Paso. Good luck to all teams and they're success in the playoffs. I will be cheering for all El Paso team come playoffs...not just yet.

Don't know about the biggest line but well coach. Biggest could be El Dorado or Coronado.

Who is their anchor?

A lot of things to consider here. Run blocking vs pass protection. Montwood is a pass first offense and that sets up their run. They have a RB by committee it seems and their leading rusher is the QB by a large margin. Fernandez rushing yards is not necessarily a good reflection of good run blocking. I think a lot of teams rush only 3 or 4 on Montwood and drop everyone else back in pass protection because of the potent passing attack they possess and that makes it a little easier on the line. I don't think you can just look at how the RB is doing and give the line a grade on that alone. It's a litte more complex than that. How good is the RB? That plays into it. How athletic are the lineman, because lineman need to be able to move in space so it's not all size. So definitely a lot of things to consider. All I know is that Montwood's offense is potent and without a good line then this would not be possible.

Spartandad
A lot of things to consider here. Run blocking vs pass protection. Montwood is a pass first offense and that sets up their run. They have a RB by committee it seems and their leading rusher is the QB by a large margin. Fernandez rushing yards is not necessarily a good reflection of good run blocking. I think a lot of teams rush only 3 or 4 on Montwood and drop everyone else back in pass protection because of the potent passing attack they possess and that makes it a little easier on the line. I don't think you can just look at how the RB is doing and give the line a grade on that alone. It's a litte more complex than that. How good is the RB? That plays into it. How athletic are the lineman, because lineman need to be able to move in space so it's not all size. So definitely a lot of things to consider. All I know is that Montwood's offense is potent and without a good line then this would not be possible.

All of you are countering your own comments, According to several post on this EPGrid site, Montwood's QB and Receiver don't need a Team to win.
Now you guys are talking about the Line, WoW.

Spartandad

Very good posting.

Montwood and PH are about equal in yards rushing if you subtract both teams Qb rushing yards. The only difference is Montwood yards come from 3 different running back.

Beast
Montwood and PH are about equal in yards rushing if you subtract both teams Qb rushing yards. The only difference is Montwood yards come from 3 different running back.

Well now you made me curious....

PHHS top 3 RB's total yds - 1146

MHS top 3 RB's total yards - 795

Seriously, who cares! Both teams are 7-0, how they got there doesn't matter. There is still football to be played.

Rams
Seriously, who cares! Both teams are 7-0, how they got there doesn't matter. There is still football to be played.

Relax RAMS, were talking football man. I'm very excited were both undefeated & can't wait for our matchup.

Spartandad
Rams

Relax RAMS, were talking football man. I'm very excited were both undefeated & can't wait for our matchup.

Montwood is playing Americas tonight , NOT Pebble .

Fan
Spartandad
Rams

Montwood is playing Americas tonight , NOT Pebble .

Your absolutely right. And if you'd like to discuss that game then go to the Montwood vs Americas thread. This conversation is about Montwoods offense line & how they compare to the rest of the district

Spartandad just thought I'd share my thoughts with you. I was a lineman in Jr high and High school and would of rather run block than pass block. Especially when you have a mobile QB very hard to block for. So with the offensive stats I believe Montwoods line is a big part of they're success. I strongly believe they're one of the top line and can't fault then for having a great QB and Receivers....Just my opinion and taking nothing away from Pebble Hills line.

RAM56
Spartandad just thought I'd share my thoughts with you. I was a lineman in Jr high and High school and would of rather run block than pass block. Especially when you have a mobile QB very hard to block for. So with the offensive stats I believe Montwoods line is a big part of they're success. I strongly believe they're one of the top line and can't fault then for having a great QB and Receivers....Just my opinion and taking nothing away from Pebble Hills line.

Absolutely agree!

Usually success in playoffs comes with good offensive line play. Who are some of the top offensive lines you have seen in 1-6a, 1-5a, 2-6a?

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m