EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UIL Realignment 2018-2019

So we don't clog up the other post with this let's do it here as we know there is word that ELDO will drop to 5A Tepper is reporting some numbers already and here is what we have for El Paso. Now will some schools have some "students" not show up for official count to keep their numbers low?

Coronado - 2794
Americas - 2513
Pebble Hills - 2467
Eastwood - 2161 (possible drop as the number is 2175)
Del Valle - 2056
El Do - 2013
Hanks 1760
Parkland - 1554
Canutillo - 1529
Burges - 1520
Ysleta - 1394
San Eli - 1036

Re: UIL Realignment 2018-2019

EP to Brownsville
So we don't clog up the other post with this let's do it here as we know there is word that ELDO will drop to 5A Tepper is reporting some numbers already and here is what we have for El Paso. Now will some schools have some "students" not show up for official count to keep their numbers low?

Coronado - 2794
Americas - 2513
Pebble Hills - 2467
Eastwood - 2161 (possible drop as the number is 2175)
Del Valle - 2056
El Do - 2013
Hanks 1760
Parkland - 1554
Canutillo - 1529
Burges - 1520
Ysleta - 1394
San Eli - 1036

When teams like Eastwood losing and losing games makes sense they want to drop to a lower classification and with El Dorado not getting lots of talent as before with them losing talent to Pebble Hills and Montwood and then another high school I'm sure will be constructed in the far eastside well El Dorado won't be against being dropped in classification. But those teams won't say it as I did they will say it's because of the numbers they are dropping.

El Paso's 6A schools are all above the 2175 number. Del Valle and Eastlake look like they're staying 5A.

https://6atxfootball.vbulletin.net/forum/main-forum/332240-snap-shot-day-10-27-17-enrollment-numbers-only

This link shows two columns. A 2015 column showing the numbers reported in 2015. And a 2017 column showing what numbers will be reported this year. The numbers you may be referring to when you say all EP 6A schools are above the 2175 mark are the 2015 numbers. The 2017 column has not been populated yet except for Pflugerville which has reported 2059 for 2017.

how about this one? Not all schools are reported but Eastwood is short of the 2175.

http://www.texasfootball.com/Snapshot/

Thanks for the links but to make the links work easy for me and everyone else look over the bb code stuff and learn how to activate links. The bb code stuff is right above where we post our comments. It says this Enter Message: (bb code allowed and html allowed). Click on bb code.

Not everyone knows how to copy paste just saying.

Thanks again

When 6A teams miss the snapshot by a set number of students the school can petition to stay up at that district. Heard Eastwood is probably going to do that. Don't be surprised to see them at 6A still.

EP Football Insider

Matt Stepp tweated that Eastlake has reported 2194 enrollment. He is projecting this to be above the 6A cut off line. Welcome to 6A Eastlake...

El Ferna
Matt Stepp tweated that Eastlake has reported 2194 enrollment. He is projecting this to be above the 6A cut off line. Welcome to 6A Eastlake...
Been saying for some time! Yes welcome to the gauntlet of 6A Falcons!

El Ferna

Eastlake will be missing the playoffs from here on out.

DesertGators91
When 6A teams miss the snapshot by a set number of students the school can petition to stay up at that district. Heard Eastwood is probably going to do that. Don't be surprised to see them at 6A still.

EP Football Insider

With Eastlake moving up due to numbers, looks like it'll be a classification swap of Eastlake and Eastwood.

mike03car
DesertGators91

EP Football Insider

With Eastlake moving up due to numbers, looks like it'll be a classification swap of Eastlake and Eastwood.

Eastwood will be making the playoffs from here on out.

Oscar
mike03car
DesertGators91

EP Football Insider

Eastwood opted to stay up in 6A.

District projections:

1-6A:
Coronado
Franklin
Eastlake
Eastwood
Pebble Hills
Montwood
Americas
Socorro

5A Division 1:
Chapin
Del Valle
Andress
Bel Air
Hanks
Parkland
*possibly Burges/Canutillo

5A Division 2:
El Paso
Austin
Jefferson
Bowie
Ysleta
Riverside

EP Football Insider

Matt Stepp has Andress, Burges, Parkland, and Canutillo well below the Division 1 cut off, so if that is true, those four teams would be in Division 2. Also, El Dorado will be in Division 1-5A.

Remember that the projected cut-offs might be off some. The official cut-off was released after Thanksgiving last round (2015).

Matt Stepp is projecting Hanks to be the last 5A D1 school. Andress, Parkland, Burges and Canutillo would all be 5A D2. Just repeating what was said above in other terms. Eastwood opting up gives us a nice 6a district with an even number of teams but it could leave 5A d1 with just 5 teams. Hope the UIL doesnt stick a school that is hundreds of miles away in it to make a 6 teamer. Terrible travel for both sides.

Honestly, Eastwood would be better off dropping. It gives them a better chance at success, but either way D1-5A is going to be pretty tough

Curious
Honestly, Eastwood would be better off dropping. It gives them a better chance at success, but either way D1-5A is going to be pretty tough

For sure, also 1st round playoffs will be against the Amarillo/Lubbock district!

KarlosY
Curious

For sure, also 1st round playoffs will be against the Amarillo/Lubbock district!

But before Eastwood drops to 5A we need a total and complete coaching overhaul starting with the head coach because I and many others can't take it anymore how they don't do any type of adjustments at halftime with practically every team taking the lead on us and taking our wins out of our pockets.

DesertGators91
Oscar
mike03car
DesertGators91

EP Football Insider

Eastwood opted to stay up in 6A.

District projections:

1-6A:
Coronado
Franklin
Eastlake
Eastwood
Pebble Hills
Montwood
Americas
Socorro

5A Division 1:
Chapin
Del Valle
Andress
Bel Air
Hanks
Parkland

Andress has 1553 students believe your projections are wrong according to the numbers

5A Division 2:
El Paso
Austin
Jefferson
Bowie
Ysleta
Riverside

EP Football Insider

My projections. Not sure how UIL will handle 5-team districts. They very well could deny the Eastwood request but then what happens with 5a d2 - district 2?

Eastwood
Eastlake
Montwood
Coronado
Franklin
Pebble Hills
Socorro
Americas

1-5a D1
El Dorado
Bel Air
Chapin
Del Valle
Hanks

1-5a D2
Andress
El Paso
Irvin
Bowie
Austin
Jefferson
Burges

2-5a d2
Canutillo
Parkland
Horizon
Riverside
Ysleta

Go 5-A Eastwood

Suck up the pride and prestige and go 5-A. Don't petition. Give your kids a chance the next few years. Your enrollment will continue to drop with the construction. It makes no sense to go to 6-A. It's about the kids, not the past , the coaches, the admin

SadTroop
KarlosY
Curious

But before Eastwood drops to 5A we need a total and complete coaching overhaul starting with the head coach because I and many others can't take it anymore how they don't do any type of adjustments at halftime with practically every team taking the lead on us and taking our wins out of our pockets.

It goes both ways, players have to be making plays. There is no excuse for the amounts of dropped balls from those receivers and missed tackles, o line not blocking, qb making bad decisions and not reading the field.

The reality of it is Eastwood can’t compare its athletes to these new big schools. While they may have those 2-3 stand outs on either side of the ball they don’t have teams worth of athletes with the size.

Here we go, folks. Matt Stepp and the DCTF staff gathered and consolidated the data.
This google document shows the top 719 enrollments (through 2-A I think)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYVnmn_FQ0tTokrnRcru6Md8Bepfh_V81Ag6E7JrU1g/edit#gid=514064322

Miner
SadTroop
KarlosY
Curious

It goes both ways, players have to be making plays. There is no excuse for the amounts of dropped balls from those receivers and missed tackles, o line not blocking, qb making bad decisions and not reading the field.

Lol come on coach according to you in pre season you had the best team in town.

Eastwood must drop down to 5A for their own good.

Karlos, good projections. Latest from Stepp is that Eastwood changed their mind and will not petition to go 6A. They will let the chips fall where they may. So if they don't make the 6A cutoff, they will go 5A.

Per your projections and based on Stepp's cutoffs that moves Eastwood to 5A D1. This makes 6A a seven team district, 5A D1 a six team district. The remaining twelve schools will now be split between the two 5A D2 districts. In order to make things even, I would move Burges to the second district so as to make both districts six teams each. Burges does not have the close rivalries the other teams would have in the EPISD district....you know Bowie-Jeff, EPHS Austin, and Andress-Irvin. Besides they are geographically closer to the schools in the other district. Anyhoo, moving Burges would then make the 5A D2's even with six each. My two cents.

What about Socorro? They can't win 1 single game at the 6A level. What is it now 29 straight losses? Are Socorro's numbers anywhere near 5A?

Rudy
What about Socorro? They can't win 1 single game at the 6A level. What is it now 29 straight losses? Are Socorro's numbers anywhere near 5A?

Socorro should be in 4a because they can't even beat Bowie, Canutillo or Parkland.

Rudy

Who knows, last time around they were around 2500. I can see their number being lower but not 400-500 lower.

As for Burges moving districts, the UIL has always kept ISD together if their schools are in the same class. I dont think EPISD would allow their schools to be split either.

El Ferna
Karlos, good projections. Latest from Stepp is that Eastwood changed their mind and will not petition to go 6A. They will let the chips fall where they may. So if they don't make the 6A cutoff, they will go 5A.

Per your projections and based on Stepp's cutoffs that moves Eastwood to 5A D1. This makes 6A a seven team district, 5A D1 a six team district. The remaining twelve schools will now be split between the two 5A D2 districts. In order to make things even, I would move Burges to the second district so as to make both districts six teams each. Burges does not have the close rivalries the other teams would have in the EPISD district....you know Bowie-Jeff, EPHS Austin, and Andress-Irvin. Besides they are geographically closer to the schools in the other district. Anyhoo, moving Burges would then make the 5A D2's even with six each. My two cents.

According to the unofficial numbers, Eastwood's enrollment ranking comes in at #242. When the UIL publishes the official numbers, the top 250 (plus approved opt-ups, as we all know) are 6A.

KarlosY
Rudy

Who knows, last time around they were around 2500. I can see their number being lower but not 400-500 lower.

As for Burges moving districts, the UIL has always kept ISD together if their schools are in the same class. I dont think EPISD would allow their schools to be split either.

Are all seven schools in your 1-5A D2 scenario part of EPISD?
Can one of them be assigned to 2-5A D2 that is not in EPISD?

mike03car
El Ferna

According to the unofficial numbers, Eastwood's enrollment ranking comes in at #242. When the UIL publishes the official numbers, the top 250 (plus approved opt-ups, as we all know) are 6A.

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/2018-20_Conference_and_District_Assignment_Policies_and_Procedures_18-19_and_19-20.pdf

6A would be anywhere from 220-250 schools, and not including any opt-ups. From my understanding, this number is just a gauge for the UIL, they have to set the enrollments numbers to where they end up within that number. I don't believe they just take the top 250 schools and place them in 6A. They adjust the numbers and as long as they're within the proper set standards they're good to go.

I say Eastwood ends up in 5A with El Do, DV, Chapin, Bel Air, and Hanks.

What they may do, and it's probably unlikely, is tweak the 5A division 1 and division 2 numbers to see if they can get another school in with that 6 man district. The only issue is the next school up is Jeff (1639) and I don't see EPISD schools being separated.

EP Football Insider

EPISD is going to have schools in D1 and D2 5A regardless because of Chapin. Honestly this D1 and D2 split is going to be hard on El Paso teams as far as travel purposes. I think they are going to have to make the cut off down the middle because AD's and Head Coaches are going to complain to UIL if they are put in the larger division because the numbers were not split down the middle. I don't know how they make the cut offs, but thats how I would see it working.

DesertGator91
mike03car
El Ferna

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/2018-20_Conference_and_District_Assignment_Policies_and_Procedures_18-19_and_19-20.pdf

6A would be anywhere from 220-250 schools, and not including any opt-ups. From my understanding, this number is just a gauge for the UIL, they have to set the enrollments numbers to where they end up within that number. I don't believe they just take the top 250 schools and place them in 6A. They adjust the numbers and as long as they're within the proper set standards they're good to go.

I say Eastwood ends up in 5A with El Do, DV, Chapin, Bel Air, and Hanks.

What they may do, and it's probably unlikely, is tweak the 5A division 1 and division 2 numbers to see if they can get another school in with that 6 man district. The only issue is the next school up is Jeff (1639) and I don't see EPISD schools being separated.

EP Football Insider

Point out the last time the UIL did NOT go with the maximum number in 6A (or 5A before the classification change) alignment. Either it has not happened since I have followed it beginning in 2010, or I just forgot.

mike03car
KarlosY
Rudy

Yes, all 7 are EPISD. I dont think the UIL will do that. Sure, I think they should send 1 to the 2nd district with 5 teams but I cant recall the last time UIL split ISDs with less than 10 schools in one classification. I know they sometimes do two districts when an ISD has 11-12 in one class. I also think there is an outside chance Hanks ends up in D2 but that still leaves the D1 district with 5.

I agree that there will not be less than 250-255 schools at the 6a class. I havent looked at the overall list so I dont know if there are a couple new schools at 6a numbers that are not included yet.

25 to be exact... but Socorro is going to turn in 2350-2400 and will stay in 6A they just need more players

But I would love to see my bulldogs in 5A

KarlosY
mike03car
KarlosY
Rudy

Yes, all 7 are EPISD. I dont think the UIL will do that. Sure, I think they should send 1 to the 2nd district with 5 teams but I cant recall the last time UIL split ISDs with less than 10 schools in one classification. I know they sometimes do two districts when an ISD has 11-12 in one class. I also think there is an outside chance Hanks ends up in D2 but that still leaves the D1 district with 5.

I agree that there will not be less than 250-255 schools at the 6a class. I havent looked at the overall list so I dont know if there are a couple new schools at 6a numbers that are not included yet.

6A
Pebble Hills
Montwood
Eastlake
Franklin
Coronado
Americas
Socorro

5A
Del Valle
Eastwood
Chapin
El Dorado
Hanks
Bel Air

Pebble and Del Valle will be DC next year. I'm excited to see how Eastlake does. Right now I put them 3rd. Missing playoffs Coronado, Americas, Socorro. And Hanks and Bel Air but they are used to it. What are your guys projected standings next year with the new districts

Realist
6A
Pebble Hills
Montwood
Eastlake
Franklin
Coronado
Americas
Socorro

5A
Del Valle
Eastwood
Chapin
El Dorado
Hanks
Bel Air

Pebble and Del Valle will be DC next year. I'm excited to see how Eastlake does. Right now I put them 3rd. Missing playoffs Coronado, Americas, Socorro. And Hanks and Bel Air but they are used to it. What are your guys projected standings next year with the new districts
is that 5a division 1

Yes

Stepp and Co have updated school list and numbers.

Riverside comes in at just over 1150. They are getting real close to dropping to 4a. Maybe in a couple years. I think this Realignment they will be one of the smallest 5a.

Check out Jeff's numbers. If the 1760 cutoff for 5A D1 holds true, Jeff moves up to D1 possibly leaving the EPISD 5A D2 district at an even 6. Again for the sake of equal numbers, let Hanks drop to 5A D2 since they are on the cusp and then both 5A D2's will be an even 6.

KarlosY

Stepp and Co have updated school list and numbers.

Riverside comes in at just over 1150. They are getting real close to dropping to 4a. Maybe in a couple years. I think this Realignment they will be one of the smallest 5a.

With a multitude of schools still getting their numbers together, Stepp's predicted on the 6atxfootball.net thread that the cutoff to 6A will bump to 2200 and the borderline schools are 2150-2200 enrolled. EP Eastlake and Eastwood are in that zone.

You also hit the nail above in that the UIL in 2015 released the official cutoff lines just before Thanksgiving, so we can expect it similar this year.

Division 1-5A if the cutoff is the 1760 some news agencies are reporting will be

El Do
Eastwood (unless they stay up)
Del Valle
Bel Air
Hanks
Chapin
Jefferson (Reported 1773....have to count the Silva students)

Divison 2 1-5A
Andress
Austin
Bowie
Burges
El Paso
Irvin

Division 2 2-5A
Canutillo
Horizon
Parkland
Riverside
Ysleta

It will be very interesting to see how the UIL handles 5a D2 districts. I also took a look at West Texas teams in the Panhandle and Permian Basin and there are probably only 4-5 with 5a d2 numbers. Since each district will send 4 teams to the playoff I have serious doubts that UIL will allow 4-5 team districts in the 5a/6a classifications.

Nearly all of the numbers are in, and nothing is official from the UIL, but this represents a good, educated opinion of the schools that will be in Class 6A and their respective Districts. The author doesn't expect it to go precisely the same, but he/she does have it thought out and justified quite well.

https://6atxfootball.vbulletin.net/forum/main-forum/334519-capitaltiger-s-6a-realignment-prediction

mike03car
Nearly all of the numbers are in, and nothing is official from the UIL, but this represents a good, educated opinion of the schools that will be in Class 6A and their respective Districts. The author doesn't expect it to go precisely the same, but he/she does have it thought out and justified quite well.

https://6atxfootball.vbulletin.net/forum/main-forum/334519-capitaltiger-s-6a-realignment-prediction

Great for Eastwood that they will go down but sucks for Eastwood that El Dorado is following them down there to continue to beat them. As it is Eastwood loses to Del Valle and Canutillo.

Eastlake moving up??? If this is the case looks like Eastlake will be missing the playoffs every year or fighting for that 4 spot every year.

Eastsider
mike03car

Great for Eastwood that they will go down but sucks for Eastwood that El Dorado is following them down there to continue to beat them. As it is Eastwood loses to Del Valle and Canutillo.

Eastlake moving up??? If this is the case looks like Eastlake will be missing the playoffs every year or fighting for that 4 spot every year.

Just in a couple hours ago which will likely make 1-6A a six-team district:

https://twitter.com/Matt_Stepp817/status/926304010834980864

Matt Stepp‏ @Matt_Stepp817

El Paso Eastlake adjusted enrollment number is now 2155; this drops the 6A cut line to 2165 #txhsfb @dctf

That is a big change in numbers don't think they were ready for 6A

Does anyone if Eastwood and Eldo will be moving to 5A after all? I am guessing DV, Eastlake, Eastwood, and Eldo will all be in same district.

Based on best and latest guesstimates, DV, Eastlake, Eastwood, Eldo, as well as Chapin, Bel Air, AND Jefferson will be in same district.

Seems so
Based on best and latest guesstimates, DV, Eastlake, Eastwood, Eldo, as well as Chapin, Bel Air, AND Jefferson will be in same district.

NEGATIVE!!!! Eastlake hill be 6A next season.

Seems so

Jeff will probably stay with the rest of the EPISD teams. There are many teams opting up from d2 to d1 so some teams near the cut-off between the divisions will get pushed down to D2.

Koolarrow
Seems so

NEGATIVE!!!! Eastlake hill be 6A next season.

I guess you didn't see, but Eastlake changed their numbers. They have 5A numbers now.

Seems so

There is no way Jefferson will be in that district with those other schools and not Hanks. I can almost guarantee that Hanks has at least 150+ enrollment over Jeff.

Jeff reported 1773 students. Hanks report 1760 students. Dave Campbell's Texas Football is projecting the cutoff between 5A I and 5A II to be 1770. Jeff is above this cutoff and Hanks is below.

That estimate has already been changed by Stepp and DCTF. He said it was higher...

VQ35HR°
Seems so

There is no way Jefferson will be in that district with those other schools and not Hanks. I can almost guarantee that Hanks has at least 150+ enrollment over Jeff.

I think Jeff's number is skewed because of the attached program they have. They need to treat it as a totally separate program. Hanks has lost numbers every year for the last three years, their middle school teams barely field football teams. They had like 13 or 14 kids on the entire team.

What is the 5a d1 and d2 cutoff new number and where is it published?

Most schools have Magnet programs that add to their enrollments from outside their attendance zone. So Jeff is not unique in this regard and their numbers should reflect all their students as every other school.

Magnet Schools
Most schools have Magnet programs that add to their enrollments from outside their attendance zone. So Jeff is not unique in this regard and their numbers should reflect all their students as every other school.

Definitely, especially since those students likely participate in extracurricular activities, including football.

Big Red
I think Jeff's number is skewed because of the attached program they have. They need to treat it as a totally separate program. Hanks has lost numbers every year for the last three years, their middle school teams barely field football teams. They had like 13 or 14 kids on the entire team.

I'm curious, wouldn't the same apply to Bel Air with their magnet program they have? If BA already dropped from 6A to 5A because of low enrollment, I could only imagine how the #'s would be without the magnet school.

Sad to hear that Hanks' feeder middle schools are struggling with enrollment and athletics. Do you know what school it was? Desert View or Indian Ridge?

Actually not...the population distribution at Silva magnet is 80% female and 20% male ..and from that 20 % almost none play ball

Mike7313
Actually not...the population distribution at Silva magnet is 80% female and 20% male ..and from that 20 % almost none play ball

Don’t quote me, but that I believe Jeff has gotten some sort of population adjustment for some of those reasons. I believe their population is like 900-1100 and the other portion is for Silva. Hate to say it, but lets not kid ourselves nobody using Silva as their key to play sports at Jeff like many do at other schools.

EP Football
Mike7313

Don’t quote me, but that I believe Jeff has gotten some sort of population adjustment for some of those reasons. I believe their population is like 900-1100 and the other portion is for Silva. Hate to say it, but lets not kid ourselves nobody using Silva as their key to play sports at Jeff like many do at other schools.

Yes, Jeff has a population of around 1100. And yes they need a population adjustment because the 1773 they reported does not accurately reflect the number of kids that play

Published number
What is the 5a d1 and d2 cutoff new number and where is it published?

It's unofficial until the UIL releases the numbers likely the week of Thanksgiving, but Matt Stepp's very informed analysis that answers your query can be found on http://www.texasfootball.com/Snapshot/ which was updated on 1 NOV 17.

Just looking at the numbers it makes me realize El Paso has too many high schools. (Ex.) Ysleta reported 1394 students and Riverside reported 1158. If you combine these two schools you would have a total of 2552 students. Still smaller than schools like Montwood or Franklin. This would not only allow them to compete better in sports but it would save money for the tax payers in El Paso, running one campus verses two. Please dont come back saying something like what about community pride or the alumni because we have open districts and magnet schools now. Many students attending some area schools dont belong to the community where the school is located. Just my two cents.

The cutoff is still 1770. So based on this, Jeff is 5A d1 until official numbers come out.

Cant believe Riverside is in danger of dropping to 4A. It might be better for them too. Seems so long ago, 15-20 years ago when they were on top of the old 4a district and playing into the 2nd round against out of town teams.

I hope they dont opt up, if their numbers are 4A.

Only problem with your scenario, BiG is that at 2500 or so students they would be 6A. I dont know if they would be better than Americas or Coronado. I doubt they could compete with Montwood or Pebble Hills.

The cutoff is still 1770. So based on this, Jeff is 5A d1 until official numbers come out.

I already said that was old news.

Stepp on twitter

There are a total of 18 opt ups in 5A from Division I to Division II causing that D1-D2 break to SKYROCKET

Big
Just looking at the numbers it makes me realize El Paso has too many high schools. (Ex.) Ysleta reported 1394 students and Riverside reported 1158. If you combine these two schools you would have a total of 2552 students. Still smaller than schools like Montwood or Franklin. This would not only allow them to compete better in sports but it would save money for the tax payers in El Paso, running one campus verses two. Please dont come back saying something like what about community pride or the alumni because we have open districts and magnet schools now. Many students attending some area schools dont belong to the community where the school is located. Just my two cents.

Over 30 public high schools. You are 100% correct as far as saving money and going to one campus. All of the city growth is on the other side of I-10 and headed east. Ysleta, Riverside, Jefferson, and Bowie are all landlocked in.

Mike7313
they need a population adjustment because the 1773 they reported does not accurately reflect the number of kids that play

If you're talking about male/female split, I can see where you're coming from and it might be useful to make football alignments based on male enrollment rather than total enrollment to deal with edge cases like Jeff/Silva.

But if you're talking about participation in general, I'm not sure how you could realistically make that adjustment in practical terms. Participation percentages are fluid from year to year. If a school has had a terrible team, I'm sure a lower percentage of the student body is inclined to join, which makes the issue worse. Kids with interest in multiple sports might gravitate to the more successful programs at their school when they might otherwise have liked to also play the sport with the weaker program. But then if a school starts to turn this around and become more successful (like Bowie), participation rises back up.

You could forget about enrollments and base alignments and division cutoffs based off how many students are in the football program, but it seems like that opens things up to manipulation by football coaches since they can decide how many students to allow on the team and can kick students off for various reasons. How likely is a coach to allow the talentless, but hardworking kid at the end of the bench to remain on the team if it's going to bump up the school to a tougher division?

And how would you treat all the other sports? What if the school with alot of football participation has little basketball participation? Would you have a separate alignment for every single sport at a given school, and constantly change it as participation fluctuates? It would make it incredibly complicated.

Old news but not correct news.

I saw the quote. If there are 18 opt ups (downs actually) in 5A from Division I to Division II, this would cause the D1-D2 break to go DOWN.

Let's assume there are 240 5A schools. The break would be set at 120 D1 and 120 D2 schools. This would be the 1770 enrollment break.

If 18 schools opted up (actually down) from D1 to D2, this would make 102 D1 and 138 D2 schools at 1770. To make the numbers even, the 18 schools that fell just below the 1770 mark would then be elevated to D1 to bring D1 to 120 schools....that is if they did not opt down to D2. This would push the D1-D2 break to go down. That interestingly enough would impact Hanks.

However, I think Stepp meant to say that 18 Schools were opting up from D2 to D1. This would reverse the scenario I set up and the break would go up. Also, I don't think schools can opt down but they can opt up.

All speculation until we get the real numbers in November.

Same goes for Socorro they will 6A because of the magnet academy

Yes, of course stepp meant opt up from d2 to d1. You cant opt down.

Juco where did you get this info

Socorros numbers will never drop past 6A because of the magnet program

Miner
SadTroop
KarlosY
Curious

Its not all about Coaching adjustments and players making plays on Friday Night. Football is a year round program. From your middle school programs and off season works outs physically and mentally. That's where Coaching plays a major role. Good Luck everyone.

New Numbers - UIL Cut off

6-A is 2190 cut off

5-A Div 1 cut off is 1840

Jefferson goes D2 5-A

5A D1
Bel Air
Chapin
Del Valle
Eastlake
Eastwood
El Dorado

5A D2 - 1
EPISD (7)

5A D2 - 2
Canutillo
Hanks
Horizon
Parkland
Riverside
Ysleta

I guess teams like Andress, Canutillo and Parkland play some of the 5a D1 teams for non-district! Maybe some 6a teams too

Eastwood dropping to 5A. Maybe now they might win a district title and make the playoffs but if they still have the same head coach and coaching staff maybe not.

El Dorado dropping to 5A. Poor Del Valle. Del Valle is like 0-10000000 against El Dorado. I don't see Del Valle ever winning any district titles from here on out. Del Valle's glory days of district titles are behind them.

UIL Conference Cutoff Numbers and Preliminary Enrollment Figures for 2018-2020 Reclassification & Realignment
http://www.uiltexas.org/press-releases/detail/uil-conference-cutoff-numbers-and-preliminary-enrollment-fig

DISTRICT 1-6A
Montwood Rams
Pebble Hills Spartans
Franklin Cougars
Coronado Thunderbirds
Americas Trailblazers
Socorro Bulldogs

DISTRICT 2-5A [ Division II ]
Parkland Matadors
Canutillo Eagles
Hanks Knights
Ysleta Indians
Horizon Scorpions
Riverside Rangers

DISTRICT 1-5A [ Division I ]
El Dorado Aztecs
Eastlake Falcons
Chapin Huskies
Eastwood Troopers
Del Valle Conquistadors
Bel Air Highlanders

DISTRICT 1-5A [ Division II ]
Andress Golden Eagles
Burges Mustangs
Austin Panthers
Bowie Bears
El Paso High Tigers
Jefferson Silver Foxes
Irvin Rockets

So now 5A D1 will play vs Lubbock/Amarillo first round playoffs..

Williams
DISTRICT 1-6A
Montwood Rams
Pebble Hills Spartans
Franklin Cougars
Coronado Thunderbirds
Americas Trailblazers
Socorro Bulldogs

Parkland Matadors
Canutillo Eagles
Hanks Knights
Ysleta Indians
Horizon Scorpions
Riverside Rangers

El Dorado Aztecs
Eastlake Falcons
Chapin Huskies
Eastwood Troopers
Del Valle Conquistadors
Bel Air Highlanders

Andress Golden Eagles
Burges Mustangs
Austin Panthers
Bowie Bears
El Paso High Tigers
Jefferson Silver Foxes
Irvin Rockets
Where did you see this list?

Williams
DISTRICT 1-6A
Montwood Rams
Pebble Hills Spartans
Franklin Cougars
Coronado Thunderbirds
Americas Trailblazers
Socorro Bulldogs

Parkland Matadors
Canutillo Eagles
Hanks Knights
Ysleta Indians
Horizon Scorpions
Riverside Rangers

El Dorado Aztecs
Eastlake Falcons
Chapin Huskies
Eastwood Troopers
Del Valle Conquistadors
Bel Air Highlanders

Andress Golden Eagles
Burges Mustangs
Austin Panthers
Bowie Bears
El Paso High Tigers
Jefferson Silver Foxes
Irvin Rockets
Dam the teams in district 1-5A division 1 will absolutely be battle tested by seasons end for the playoffs. Tough district right here.

El Dorado Aztecs
Eastlake Falcons
Chapin Huskies
Eastwood Troopers
Del Valle Conquistadors
Bel Air Highlanders

Williams
DISTRICT 1-6A
Montwood Rams
Pebble Hills Spartans
Franklin Cougars
Coronado Thunderbirds
Americas Trailblazers
Socorro Bulldogs

Parkland Matadors
Canutillo Eagles
Hanks Knights
Ysleta Indians
Horizon Scorpions
Riverside Rangers

El Dorado Aztecs
Eastlake Falcons
Chapin Huskies
Eastwood Troopers
Del Valle Conquistadors
Bel Air Highlanders

Andress Golden Eagles
Burges Mustangs
Austin Panthers
Bowie Bears
El Paso High Tigers
Jefferson Silver Foxes
Irvin Rockets
Ah man come on Andress has it way too easy. Andress should be bumped up to District 1-5A Division 1 and let Burges Mustangs, Austin Panthers, Bowie Bears, El Paso High Tigers, Jefferson Silver Foxes and Irvin Rockets battle it out in District 1-5A Division 2.

Can't wait for 2018!!!!!!

Axtec
Williams
DISTRICT 1-6A
Montwood Rams
Pebble Hills Spartans
Franklin Cougars
Coronado Thunderbirds
Americas Trailblazers
Socorro Bulldogs

Parkland Matadors
Canutillo Eagles
Hanks Knights
Ysleta Indians
Horizon Scorpions
Riverside Rangers

El Dorado Aztecs
Eastlake Falcons
Chapin Huskies
Eastwood Troopers
Del Valle Conquistadors
Bel Air Highlanders

Andress Golden Eagles
Burges Mustangs
Austin Panthers
Bowie Bears
El Paso High Tigers
Jefferson Silver Foxes
Irvin Rockets
Where did you see this list?
Nothing official. Williams, among many, are simply making reasonable predictions.

DaRock to be honest with you El Do is not the same program it once was so dont see them winning any districts especially with the schools that are here. I don't see any of the other schools beating DV, Eastlake might come close but DV has a great program that has proven itself year in year for the last 12 years and counting. I will say the games will be more competitive and close games but DV's coaching staff has to much experience against the other schools.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m