EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DEC meeting yesterday

Any word on what happened to the cheaters?

Re: DEC meeting yesterday

Feo Leo
Any word on what happened to the cheaters?

Cheaters eventually get caught

Care to elaborate? Cheaters are always there but WHO GOT CAUGHT?

Intrigued

The word elaborate begins with the letter E.

Oscar
Intrigued

The word elaborate begins with the letter E.
Shhhhhh quiet Oscar, we might get deleted AGAIN! Tip toe tip toe.

Alleged team was found innocent and not have to forfeit a game. Said team's administration did place punishments on the team to send a message and prevent it from anything happening in the future.

EP Football Insider

DesertGators91
Alleged team was found innocent and not have to forfeit a game. Said team's administration did place punishments on the team to send a message and prevent it from anything happening in the future.

EP Football Insider

*prevent anything happening in the future.

Sorry for the typo

EP Football Insider

DesertGators91

EP Football Insider

Hilarious! If it was another school's team the punishment I bet be more than a slap on the wrist.

the "slap on the wrist" video looks like the actual coach of that team! A kid getting in trouble!

The DEC committee, hopefully I remember this correctly, is made up of the HC, Principal and an Assistant Principal from every high school in the district, so in this situation it would be for all 6A schools. Anytime there's an infraction, the team's involved put on a presentation for the entire DEC committee listing the actions, any particular rule violations and possible punishments if found guilty. To say a school got a "soft" punishment because of who they are is a mistake. First of all, any school who is part of the investigation does NOT get a vote in the matter. So "said school" did not have a voice in the matter of what happened at the DEC. For 5 SISD, and 2 EPISD schools to all agree that "said school" was not at fault goes a long way.

Regardless, unless anyone was at the meeting, it's all speculation.

EP Football Insider

DesertGators91
The DEC committee, hopefully I remember this correctly, is made up of the HC, Principal and an Assistant Principal from every high school in the district, so in this situation it would be for all 6A schools. Anytime there's an infraction, the team's involved put on a presentation for the entire DEC committee listing the actions, any particular rule violations and possible punishments if found guilty. To say a school got a "soft" punishment because of who they are is a mistake. First of all, any school who is part of the investigation does NOT get a vote in the matter. So "said school" did not have a voice in the matter of what happened at the DEC. For 5 SISD, and 2 EPISD schools to all agree that "said school" was not at fault goes a long way.

EP Football Insider

Exactly! Unless anyone was at the meeting, it's all speculation and that is what most of us are doing. Your 5 SISD and 2 EPISD should be interviewed by the El Paso Times and news stations so that this can be cleared up to the public and so that there will no longer be any speculation. If not then no one should complain or get all bent out of shape over all the speculation.

DesertGators91

EP Football Insider

Thank you!!!! I guess all these people are principals, APs, ADs, and coaches were in the meeting and know exactly what went on behind closed doors. More than one school was involved and couldn’t place a vote. All these people who think they know what is going on and think they know exactly what the punishments were need to get out of here.

Miner
DesertGators91

EP Football Insider

Thank you!!!! I guess all these people are principals, APs, ADs, and coaches were in the meeting and know exactly what went on behind closed doors. More than one school was involved and couldn’t place a vote. All these people who think they know what is going on and think they know exactly what the punishments were need to get out of here.

Agreed.

To assume they got set free without any punishment is an understatement. I spoke to a few people and they didn't mention the specifics but they did say the punishment handed down by the school was harsh, like multi-year impact.

If punishment happened they weren't found innocent. Anyone know what rules were broken

Yeah I would like to know what the alleged violations were.

Why isn't uil involved and the cheating school should been strip of the win

Big blue
Why isn't uil involved and the cheating school should been striup of the win

Again, for those of us who are not aware of this situation could someone please clarify what the alleged violation was?

It’s between the DEC and UIL and it was resolved. That’s all anyone should care about. If it were a big deal I’m sure it would have been made public.

Truth
Big blue
Why isn't uil involved and the cheating school should been striup of the win

Again, for those of us who are not aware of this situation could someone please clarify what the alleged violation was?

EPG deleted what you seek and I read it just in time they were deleted but anyways does not matter as I'm sure once more is out about it and known EPG will leave the comments up and I'm also sure people in the know will come in here later in the evening and post speculations or their guesses about it.

The school in question received 3 years probation (whatever that means) a verbal reprimand and a media reprimand along with the restriction of coaches in the press box. Last night they had no coaches in the press box during the game. Apparently the slap on the wrist comes with the expectation of a new direction at the end of season. This is not the only uil violation on record with this school and we will see what happens. The dec minutes are public record and should not be gagged by this site . They get what they deserve !

915footballinsider
The school in question received 3 years probation (whatever that means) a verbal reprimand and a media reprimand along with the restriction of coaches in the press box. Last night they had no coaches in the press box during the game. Apparently the slap on the wrist comes with the expectation of a new direction at the end of season. This is not the only uil violation on record with this school and we will see what happens. The dec minutes are public record and should not be gagged by this site . They get what they deserve !

This site can gag anything they want and in fact they can delete your comment if they feel like it.

915footballinsider

To my understanding the team in question and whatever violation was in question had nothing to do with it’s varsity level staff and they imposed their own punishment with coaches not in the press box. So, not sure what happened there. As far as the probation if it’s like other sports a UIL violation can not be done and found guilty. But regardless, if the forfeit was not assigned wouldn’t that mean that the rule was not broken?

915footballinsider

If it's a program probation then that means any coach that's a part of the program for the next three years is automatically on probation. Which pretty much means they're walking on egg shells. Any small complaint, issue, or grievance could lead to termination. I believe 3 years is the max amount.

EP Football Insider

Insider
915footballinsider

To my understanding the team in question and whatever violation was in question had nothing to do with it’s varsity level staff and they imposed their own punishment with coaches not in the press box. So, not sure what happened there. As far as the probation if it’s like other sports a UIL violation can not be done and found guilty. But regardless, if the forfeit was not assigned wouldn’t that mean that the rule was not broken?

Wow! Varsity staff was not a part of it and they all still got punished?! Sounds like some admins are fed up with the way programs are being run. Could that mean staffing change?

DesertGator91
Insider
915footballinsider

Wow! Varsity staff was not a part of it and they all still got punished?! Sounds like some admins are fed up with the way programs are being run. Could that mean staffing change?

I know one coach was suspended all week just not sure which one. I don’t believe it was a varsity coach.

Must have been a serious infraction to get a 3 year probation and that's the max punishment. Does anyone. Know what it was? And i agree I think people are fed up with the antics of the coaches at said school.

Despite what they were doing practically at every game they were still losing the games. Kind of funny

How do you know a coach was suspended? It doesn’t really matter if it was a freshman coach or a varsity coach ! It’s a football program and it was being used for the varsity games ! So to say that the varsity coaches didn’t do anything is a poor excuse for breaking the rules and the head coach cannot make any excuse for him , his staff, and his program cheating !!!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m