EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
#1 Pebble Hills Spartans vs. #2 Montwood Rams

EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

Montwood was EPG's Pre-Season #1 and Montwood was EPG's #1 I believe like for 4 weeks straight but then Pebble Hills took over that #1 spot about the 5th week and Pebble Hills has been EPG's #1 ever since. I might be a bit off by a week but I know all this ranking info can be traced from EPG's twitter page where they have been posting their rankings every week.

Pebble Hills Spartans 8-0
Pebble Hills (PF 353 / PA 139)
55-7 Irvin
34-13 Andress
31-14 Chapin
57-28 Franklin
31-20 Coronado
32-9 Americas
42-14 Socorro
71-34 Eastwood
-----------------------------------
Montwood Rams 8-0
Montwood (PF 427 / PA 238)
70-14 Frenship
58-53 Midland
47-26 Burges
37-14 Socorro
61-42 El Dorado
43-34 Franklin
69-52 Coronado
42-3 Americas

A pair of SISD teams will square off in Battle of 1-6A Unbeatens.

Pebble Hills has a stingy defense and they score a bunch and Montwood scores a bunch but gives up a bunch.

The SAC is going to be to full capacity I guarantee it. No way will I be missing this one.

I say Pebble Hills by 2 touchdowns but I'm hoping for a overtime type of game so that I can get my monies worth LOL

Who do you have winning this Game of the Year?

Re: #1 Pebble Hills Spartans vs. #2 Montwood Rams

Juco
EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

Pebble Hills has a stingy defense and they score a bunch and Montwood scores a bunch and gives up a bunch.

The SAC is going to be PAC. No way will I be missing this one.

I say Pebble Hills by 2 touchdowns but I'm hoping for a overtime type of game so that I can get my monies worth LOL

Who do you got winning this game?
. Montwood by 13

Montwood hasn't mad many special team errors nor turnovers what PH has benefited from. As long as Montwood plays mistake free football they'll win by 14.

PHHS by 28

Rams all the way!!!!!! We are the pride of the eastside and just as we have proven it in the past we will prove it again and again and again. EP Gridiron can put their rankings where the sun don't shine.

Beast
Montwood hasn't mad many special team errors nor turnovers what PH has benefited from. As long as Montwood plays mistake free football they'll win by 14.

Didn't they have turnovers this week. And ph can score unlike the opponent they just played

I'm not posting my prediction for this big game just yet. I'm going to wait until EP Gridiron updates their power rankings.

Folks, break the game down. Just don't give one sentence answers. Why do you think either team will win?
Both teams have very explosive offenses and multiple playmakers. I believe the defenses that comes up with stops and or turnovers will turn the tide in their teams favor. Also the battle in the trenches. PHHS is not big upfront defensively but they are very fast to the ball. MHS O-line has given their backs holes to run and the QB time to pass. Yes, they may be suspect but 8-0 didn't happen with a bad O-line.
MHS D-line has some size and moves well. PHHS has a big O line that really plays well with each other and has given Gerber tremendous running lanes.
QB head to head goes to MHS no question
RB head to head goes to PHHS no question
WR Corp is a really close one but I'd take PHHS
LB is another good head to head comparison. I'll call it a toss up barely. #44 for PHHS has college football size and he likes to bring the contact.
DB another close comparison. Tyrus swings it to MHS
Coaching goes to PHHS. Both staffs are good nonetheless.
All that to say my heart wants PHHS SPARTANS to win and I'll be cheering for them. BUT its hard to pick against the best QB on the field.
MHS in a shoot out. I do want to be wrong.LOL

Well said!

I'm going for the team that has athletes with Division 1 offers which in this case is Montwood.

Way to many weapons with Sparta. Spartans win by 3 TDs.

They’re bringing the wood MW by 2 scores that Hernandez and Andrus connection will wreck havoc

This is going to be a very special game, Montwood can score on every possession. Both teams look good but I give Montwood the edge. Defense looked sharp against Americas only giving up 3 points.

That's cute BigO. I to once played with pictures as a youngster during my middle school days. It was fun to pass the time. I would always tell my classmates and I quote "Whatever you can do I can do Better".

EP to Brownsville
They’re bringing the wood MW by 2 scores that Hernandez and Andrus connection will wreck havoc

Yes they will wreck havoc but for only half of the 1st quarter and then after that it will be all Spartans all night long. Don't forget to take your hot sauce to the game for your popcorn or your pepto tablets if you plan on eating hotdogs and nachos. Praying for a injury free game on both sides. GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

Edgar
I'm not posting my prediction for this big game just yet. I'm going to wait until EP Gridiron updates their power rankings.

EPG usually updates and releases their Power Rankings on Sundays so some time today we will all see them. Looking forward to your prediction Edgar.

Here's my prediction
Pebble Hills 56 Montwood 28

@WayToManyImagesIcantSeeChit u funny. They best is yet to come.

Williams
Edgar

EPG usually updates and releases their Power Rankings on Sundays so some time today we will all see them. Looking forward to your prediction Edgar.

Here's my prediction
Pebble Hills 56 Montwood 28
. It’s time for Pebble to be worried , it’s Montwood !!!!

BigO

It's difficult to fit all the Montwood Division 1 players with official offers and all the Montwood pride in just one single image. Abundance of Montwood talent and pride just spewing everywhere and all around it's like a delicious bowl of Caldo de Res with all its goodness the meat, carrots, salary, cabbage, mini corn on the cob, cilantro, flavorful soup, side of rice, warm corn tortillas, and salsa.

BigO by you making that comment my image did its job.

By the way let me ask you are there any players on the Pebble Hills team with official Division 1 offers? Not bogus interest from college recruiters but official Division 1 offers on the table?

Juco
EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

Montwood was EPG's Pre-Season #1 and Montwood was EPG's #1 I believe like for 4 weeks straight but then Pebble Hills took over that #1 spot about the 5th week and Pebble Hills has been EPG's #1 ever since. I might be a bit off by a week but I know all this ranking info can be traced from EPG's twitter page where they have been posting their rankings every week.

55-7 Irvin
34-13 Andress
31-14 Chapin
57-28 Franklin
31-20 Coronado
32-9 Americas
42-14 Socorro
71-34 Eastwood
Montwood Rams 8-0
70-14 Frenship
58-53 Midland
47-26 Burges
37-14 Socorro
61-42 El Dorado
43-34 Franklin
69-52 Coronado
42-3 Americas

Pebble Hills has a stingy defense and they score a bunch and Montwood scores a bunch but gives

The SAC is going to be to full capacity I guarantee it. No way will I be missing this one.

. RATINGS DONT MATTER, what matters is the final score. Montwoods Defense will stop the run and have some key stops. Pebble don’t have an passing attack. That will be the key of the game.

Rams
Juco
EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

55-7 Irvin
34-13 Andress
31-14 Chapin
57-28 Franklin
31-20 Coronado
32-9 Americas
42-14 Socorro
71-34 Eastwood
Montwood Rams 8-0
70-14 Frenship
58-53 Midland
47-26 Burges
37-14 Socorro
61-42 El Dorado
43-34 Franklin
69-52 Coronado
42-3 Americas

Pebble Hills has a stingy defense and they score a bunch and Montwood scores a bunch but gives

. RATINGS DONT MATTER, what matters is the final score. Montwoods Defense will stop the run and have some key stops. Pebble don’t have an passing attack. That will be the key of the game.

You say Montwoods defense will stop the run and have some key stops? That is a nice dream but Rams person I am also a dreamer just like you. I'm wishing upon a Pebble Hills amazing win in total domination and annihilation of your Rams.

Beast

That is because they have not played Pebble Hills yet. Those "mistakes"were not made they were created by excellent play. You will have to do better than no mistakes.

HOUNDS 93
Folks, break the game down. Just don't give one sentence answers. Why do you think either team will win?
Both teams have very explosive offenses and multiple playmakers. I believe the defenses that comes up with stops and or turnovers will turn the tide in their teams favor. Also the battle in the trenches. PHHS is not big upfront defensively but they are very fast to the ball. MHS O-line has given their backs holes to run and the QB time to pass. Yes, they may be suspect but 8-0 didn't happen with a bad O-line.
MHS D-line has some size and moves well. PHHS has a big O line that really plays well with each other and has given Gerber tremendous running lanes.
LB is another good head to head comparison. I'll call it a toss up barely. #44 for PHHS has college football size and he likes to bring the contact.
All that to say my heart wants PHHS SPARTANS to win and I'll be cheering for them. BUT its hard to pick against the best QB on the field.

I have to submit a factor not mentioned. The PHHS DLine has yet to find an OLine that challenges them. They have a gift of causing complete chaos. #32 has a hunger for QB's.

Ok players and coaches gather around. Yes you Pebble Hills and Montwood I'm talking to you. Please take a knee. Good, thank you. Listen up I'm only going to say this once and once only. I don't want to see any cheating whatsoever taking place from any coaches from either team especially from the coaches up top the press box and players no cheap shots. I'm serious players no cheap shots. I don't want to see any injuries in this game as the regular season is coming to a close and the playoffs just about here with you Pebble Hills and Montwood as good candidates to make some noise in the playoffs. You can't afford to go into the playoffs wounded and limping for if you do both of you will be eaten alive by the first out of town teams you play.

Good luck and may the best 8-0 team win.

Tick Tock

Spartans 21
Rams 17

Like ClockWork!

Elpasofootballgeek
HOUNDS 93

I have to submit a factor not mentioned. The PHHS DLine has yet to find an OLine that challenges them. They have a gift of causing complete chaos. #32 has a hunger for QB's.

Elpasofootballgeek you haven't play no team like Montwood yet not even close. 52 point avg per game over 600 yards per game. Something to think about all week.

Glad to see that you acknowledge that only one or two players carry your team! SPARTANS might not have "division one" players, but they are efficient as a team. I guess this years Montwood is next years Americas when their "division one" (Fields) player(s) is gone! Go SPARTANS!!!!

Don't let this game deter you from the fact that PLAYOFFS is where the winning begins!!! This is just a district game, you have to think ahead!

My prediction:

Spartans 55
Rams 49

Good luck to both teams!

BIG TIME
Glad to see that you acknowledge that only one or two players carry your team! SPARTANS might not have "division one" players, but they are efficient as a team. I guess this years Montwood is next years Americas when their "division one" (Fields) player(s) is gone! Go SPARTANS!!!!

And Spartans are like Eastlake when they started they win and win games but no Division 1 offers to the players. Players have to walk on and try to make the Division 1 team and then hopefully earn a scholarship down the road.

Sad about this is that there are good teams that win games and their district but their players get no Division 1 offers but the people that benefit out of all this are the coaches as they keep their jobs because they won games and possibly won district but none of their players who helped with that success after graduation do not have a division 1 offer or offers waiting for them. Graduating players are left out in the cold while coaches still collecting that paycheck.

Caldo de Res!!!

Pebble Hills Kevin Averette and Jaylien Spires have offers from Southwestern University Pirates

I know Southwestern is not D1 and those SU offers may not be full rides but they are offers nonetheless.

In my mind Averette and Spires are D1 material and praying that they continue to get looked at and made those D1 offers to them along with other Pebble Hills players.

Juco
EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

55-7 Irvin
34-13 Andress
31-14 Chapin
57-28 Franklin
31-20 Coronado
32-9 Americas
42-14 Socorro
71-34 Eastwood
Montwood Rams 8-0
70-14 Frenship
58-53 Midland
47-26 Burges
37-14 Socorro
61-42 El Dorado
43-34 Franklin
69-52 Coronado
42-3 Americas

Pebble Hills has a stingy defense and they score a bunch and Montwood scores a bunch but gives up a bunch.

I think it will be a high scoring game. My prediction is Montwood 56- Pebbles 42. GOOOOO Rams!!!!

Both teams have talent that's why both are 8-0. I believe it will be close but Montwood should win this game with that offense. No prediction on score....go Montwood Rams.

HOUNDS 93
Montwood has to much Offense. Come down to the Rams D, if they can continue to come up crucial stops they will win by 3 touchdowns.

Can not wait for PHHS to get shut down!!! We are Sparta, NOT!!!

It's true...PHs has a good defense but they have yet to face a team with an explosive offense until now. MW will spread the defense and PHs will make the same mistake other teams have made all season long, by double and even triple cover on #4 WR Tyreese Andrus. And that's when they will get burned. Their CBs/Safeties will get very tired chasing #4 all night long.

Montwood people please stop with your nonsense that Montwoods defense will be stopping or shutting down Pebble Hills offense. Seriously stop already because you're making yourselves look ridiculous. Everyone knows that Montwood has not stopped or shutdown any offense. Every team has scored on Montwood's defense rather easily. Like many have been saying Montwood's defense is like swiss cheese.

Pebble Hills and Montwood frantic fanatics don't mean to spoil your party here but I have a little something to share with you simply as a reminder.

District 2-6A Standings

San Angelo Central Bobcats (8-0) (4-0)
Odessa Permian Panthers (6-1) (3-1)
Midland Lee Rebels (7-1) (3-1)
Midland High Bulldawgs (2-6) (2-2)
Tascosa Rebels (6-3) (2-3)
Odessa High Bronchos (3-5) (1-3)
Frenship Tigers (0-9) (0-5)

And what's your point, I believe both teams can compete.

Irrelevant! Although we all would like to go on and win state, most of us understand the politics and the toughness into doing so. We are in this for our kids and hopefully a great local season in 1-6a and maybe bragging rights in El Paso. The only party you're pooping on, is your own!

I will bet anyone that Montwood coaches will have Tyreesse Andruss in wildcat formation several times in this game.

PartyPooper
Pebble Hills and Montwood frantic fanatics don't mean to spoil your party here but I have a little something to share with you simply as a reminder.

District 2-6A Standings

Seriously? Get outta here man. Yeah we talk crap during the season rooting for our team, but everyone knows when it comes to playoffs we are backing El Paso. Doesn't matter who is on the schedule. If you put it in the kids heads that they can't compete with the rest of the state, then it's not going to happen. Back El Paso teams or just keep your opinions to yourself. Good luck to both Pebble Hills and Montwood should be a good one.

Jerry
Montwood people please stop with your nonsense that Montwoods defense will be stopping or shutting down Pebble Hills offense. Seriously stop already because you're making yourselves look ridiculous. Everyone knows that Montwood has not stopped or shutdown any offense. Every team has scored on Montwood's defense rather easily. Like many have been saying Montwood's defense is like swiss cheese.

. Defense will continue to make key stops and will stop Pebbles run game. Pebble has no pass attacking. You know your worried , that’s why you keep mentioning it.

Jerry

. We have no worries, last year both our Varsity and JV beat you guys , same kids are there!!! We got a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

I'm looking forward to some key matchups. Spartan secondary vs Rams receivers, which are strengths of both teams. Spartan pass rush vs ram O-line. Spartan offense keeping the Ram offense on the sideline. These are all keys to the game in my opinion. I think both offenses are close in potency but I think the difference in the game will be defense. One is much better than the other imo.

Spartandad
I'm looking forward to some key matchups. Spartan secondary vs Rams receivers, which are strengths of both teams. Spartan pass rush vs ram O-line. Spartan offense keeping the Ram offense on the sideline. These are all keys to the game in my opinion. I think both offenses are close in potency but I think the difference in the game will be defense. One is much better than the other imo.
What ???! Montwood Offense is unstoppable... Your a dreamer..

Coach says to ignore the noise and focus on the mirror but how can anyone ignore the noise when all the noise is part of the sport of football for without the noise the sport of football would not exist. Players and their parents, relatives and friends do pregame noise and post game noise at home on their kitchen tables, their living rooms, at restaurants, and at the schools so I say what's the difference of making noise on the internet??? The noise is what gives the sport of football and the games its voice. Coach worry and focus on the X's and O's of the sport of football and leave the rest of the sport of football alone.

A coaches job is not just x's and o's. A coach is supposed to make sure his team is focused and inspired, not distracted and intimidated. Also. Trash talk is not the reason for the sport of football. The sport of football is a physical sport that separates men from boys and the sport would live on even if trash talking dies out

Coaches adjusted Montwoods defense and pretty much shut down Americas. Not saying Montwood will shut down PH but will get key stops. As for stopping Montwoods offense thats not going to happen.

Everyone's defense looks great against Americas

Curious
A coaches job is not just x's and o's. A coach is supposed to make sure his team is focused and inspired, not distracted and intimidated. Also. Trash talk is not the reason for the sport of football. The sport of football is a physical sport that separates men from boys and the sport would live on even if trash talking dies out

If you truly believe that then I dare you to stop coming in here and reading and posting. Just keep to yourself and talk to yourself about upcoming games and the results of games or about anything else in the goings on of your life. Look in the mirror and just talk to yourself and no one else about football or about anything. See how you respond to yourself. And for your information inspiration comes in many forms not only from a coach. Some players are inspired by their parents, relatives, friends, some teachers, movies, books, etc... Some players are inspired by trash talk as they want to prove the haters wrong and many do. Some players are also inspired when people talk about them in a positive manner by face to face or television, newspaper or through the internet. My point is that inspiration comes in many forms not only through a coach or coaches. If you don't believe this then you don't know anything about life. I personally get inspired by staring at the stars or ants on an ant hill. I'm inspired by many things positive or negative and it has done me extremely well in my life.

Just staring at this logo of my kids school and team inspires me as well as it inspires my son.

Pebble Hills will get theirs but Montwood has way too much offense. I take Montwood in this one.

Montwood 42 Pebble Hills 31

As a bystander having watch both teams play I don't think this game will both close.Montwood is on anther level .PH does not have a athlete to cover Ty or contain Andrew. Montwood wins 62 48 write the Truth down!!!

Sparta
Curious

If you truly believe that then I dare you to stop coming in here and reading and posting. Just keep to yourself and talk to yourself about upcoming games and the results of games or about anything else in the goings on of your life. Look in the mirror and just talk to yourself and no one else about football or about anything. See how you respond to yourself. And for your information inspiration comes in many forms not only from a coach. Some players are inspired by their parents, relatives, friends, some teachers, movies, books, etc... Some players are inspired by trash talk as they want to prove the haters wrong and many do. Some players are also inspired when people talk about them in a positive manner by face to face or television, newspaper or through the internet. My point is that inspiration comes in many forms not only through a coach or coaches. If you don't believe this then you don't know anything about life. I personally get inspired by staring at the stars or ants on an ant hill. I'm inspired by many things positive or negative and it has done me extremely well in my life.

Just staring at this logo of my kids school and team inspires me as well as it inspires my son.

You tell me to stop posting if I truly believe what I posted, yet you didn't prove me wrong...all you did was say how inspiration CAN come from other sources. I agree. It CAN come from other sources. All I said is that a coaches job is more than x's and o's, which i believe it is. I guarantee you if Pebble Hills loses to Montwood because they are dropping passes, turning the ball over, penalties, etc., you will blame the coaches for not having them focused and ready to play. Pre-game and halftime speeches are for motivation and inspiration. Trash talk can motivate others, but it didn't create this game. This game was created to separate men from boys and you can't see that so obviously you are a little boy. I'll keep posting whenever I want because a little boy isn't going to tell me what to do.

Truth
As a bystander having watch both teams play I don't think this game will both close.Montwood is on anther level .PH does not have a athlete to cover Ty or contain Andrew. Montwood wins 62 48 write the Truth down!!!

You're hilarious

SliderKid
BigO

It's difficult to fit all the Montwood Division 1 players with official offers and all the Montwood pride in just one single image. Abundance of Montwood talent and pride just spewing everywhere and all around it's like a delicious bowl of Caldo de Res with all its goodness the meat, carrots, salary, cabbage, mini corn on the cob, cilantro, flavorful soup, side of rice, warm corn tortillas, and salsa.

BigO by you making that comment my image did its job.

By the way let me ask you are there any players on the Pebble Hills team with official Division 1 offers? Not bogus interest from college recruiters but official Division 1 offers on the table?

Funny, according to EP Gridiron there are only 2 Montwood players with Division I offers.

BigO

BigO when I see your images I see you like these little rascals making a mess of things.

This should be a great game but if MW QB Andrew Fernandez plays like he did against Coronado, throwing two interceptions and a fumble, the Rams will be in for a long night. PHs defense is great at getting turnovers. They have also been accused of playing dirty at times, just ask the T-Birds.

My prediction: Defense wins games and Pebble Hills has the better defense. But anything could happen so I'm looking forward to the game.

Good luck to both teams!

No interpretation against Coronado.

Awwe...slider Kid is jealous! What's the matter, no one liked your pathetic caldo?

BIG TIME
Awwe...slider Kid is jealous! What's the matter, no one liked your pathetic caldo?

My Caldo de Res was sooo delicious that BigO had to make a 2nd image to compete against it.

Here it is again so that you and others may savor it once again.

2340 passing yards, 36 passing TD with only 3 interception and 740 rushing yards. Andrew had two interception vs Americas not Coronado. Montwood is in good hands and should be a very good game.

Anyone know how we can get our tickets early to this game?

Beast
2340 passing yards, 36 passing TD with only 3 interception and 740 rushing yards. Andrew had two interception vs Americas not Coronado. Montwood is in good hands and should be a very good game.

Rams offense is too much for Pebbles. Andrew has too many weapons. Pebbles won't be able to stop them. Montwood will win BIG!

Rams2018
Beast

Rams offense is too much for Pebbles. Andrew has too many weapons. Pebbles won't be able to stop them. Montwood will win BIG!

Captain seems we have ourselves another dreamer

Well said!!!

Once upon a time in the very distant past, not very distant but quite distant, Montwood was threatened by an up and coming new team named Franklin. Montwood and Franklin became a great rivalry. This was a real rivalry as each traded blows in form of wins back and forth each and every year. Sadly as with time things changed and so the luster of this rivalry has since died down immensely and no longer seen by anyone as a rivalry but just another game.

Another Story?
Oh, alright.

Once upon a time in the distant past, not too distant but distant nonetheless, Montwood was again threatened by an up and coming new team named El Dorado. Immediately upon these two teams playing for the first time ever many began calling it a rivalry sadly these people did not know what a rivalry was but no one can blame them in wanting it to be a rivalry as both schools are but only 5 minutes apart from each other. Sadly for them Montwood has owned El Dorado from the start and to this very day but what's even more sad is that some still insist in seeing it as a rivalry.

What, another Story? My goodness.
Oh, alright, you don't have to twist my arm but it's the last one.

Once upon a time, well actually this present time, Montwood once again is threatened by an up and coming new team named Pebble Hills. This new school Pebble Hills sprouted out of the earth quite easily as they often do in the city of El Paso like wild weeds. Pebble Hills immediately upon arrival began to shout loudly at Montwood "We are here and we are not only taking over the entire Eastside but all of El Paso". Montwood grinned, chuckled, paid no mind to this new threat as they have heard this many times before from other El Paso teams in the past. Montwood continues to stand bold and strong to this very day despite the attacks and attempts of take over but there is this looming throughout El Paso which is "Montwood eventually has to be owned by a team in El Paso for as with time things change.

Will this game be on NFHS Network?

EP to Brownsville

Nope, UIL doesn't allow Friday games to be streamed.

Great story there lol! Well this game for sure is the Game of the Year. All this talk about D1 players is nonsense and it’ll come down to who wants it more. As of right now Pebble Hills has a defense that Montwood hasn’t been up against yet, I’ve seen them twice and was very impressed with it despite the size. They have speed and attack the ball well. They can run the ball pretty well but their passing game wasn’t very impressive. Now Pebble Hills has yet to face an offense as potent as Montwood’s and although the running game isn’t there this year they have ripped some great runs from time to time and I can see the Sophmore RB touch the ball more in this game. The passing game is at another level and if you try and shut down Ty, Cepeda and Garibay will have a field day. Fernandez and his receivers are just to smart on the field and can recognize a defenses weak spot. The defense has allowed a lot of points and I think the weakest area is the secondary, they just can’t seem to cover at times and blow coverages constantly. Up front they handle their own pretty well earning a B- I think. Now before you Montwood fans jump all over me for saying that, the true ones know what I’m talking about. I personally think they’ll play at the 110% Friday night though. This game will probably be close till the 3rd qtr, but Montwood will separate in the 4th. El Do will be lurking under the merky water on this game just waiting to attack next week. Either way we’re gonna have ourselves a helluva game Friday night. Good luck to both teams. Go Rams!!!

PartyPooper

District 2-6A Standings

I don't know what this person's intent was, but I just wanted to say the extra motivation of this MW vs PH game is winning District 1-6A and hosting the first playoff game at home against probably Midland High. The one that doesn't win this game very likely has to hit the 7-8 hour road to take on San Angelo Central in Bobcat stadium, and that long of a ride always stinks.

mike03car
PartyPooper

District 2-6A Standings

I don't know what this person's intent was, but I just wanted to say the extra motivation of this MW vs PH game is winning District 1-6A and hosting the first playoff game at home against probably Midland High. The one that doesn't win this game very likely has to hit the 7-8 hour road to take on San Angelo Central in Bobcat stadium, and that long of a ride always stinks.

Yup that El Paso to San Angelo and that San Angelo to El Paso ride stinks. This movie scene reminds me of that ride there and back.

Eyes_From_The_Box
EP to Brownsville

Yes they do it is part of UIL been watching Eastlake's games and watched the Montwood game also

If it is beautiful weather no gusty winds, no rain, no snow, etc Montwood 63 Pebble Hills 41

If it begins to rain during the game atleast for 1 to 2 quarters Pebble Hills 49 Montwood 21

These types of big games it is all about the weather.

So I ask can someone give Rico a forecast for Friday night? Should I sport some shades and shorts or umbrella and rain coat?

EP to Brownsville
Eyes_From_The_Box
EP to Brownsville

Yes they do it is part of UIL been watching Eastlake's games and watched the Montwood game also

Oh wow I did not know that, very interesting.

EP to Brownsville
Eyes_From_The_Box
EP to Brownsville

Were you able to watch the Eastlake and Del Valle game? If so; how?

Sherlock
EP to Brownsville
Eyes_From_The_Box
EP to Brownsville

Yes I was through www.nfhsnetwork.com $9.95 a month they lost the feed towards the end when it mattered the most not all schools participate as I believe it is their media department.

Cats32
Great story there lol! Well this game for sure is the Game of the Year. All this talk about D1 players is nonsense and it’ll come down to who wants it more. As of right now Pebble Hills has a defense that Montwood hasn’t been up against yet, I’ve seen them twice and was very impressed with it despite the size. They have speed and attack the ball well. They can run the ball pretty well but their passing game wasn’t very impressive. Now Pebble Hills has yet to face an offense as potent as Montwood’s and although the running game isn’t there this year they have ripped some great runs from time to time and I can see the Sophmore RB touch the ball more in this game. The passing game is at another level and if you try and shut down Ty, Cepeda and Garibay will have a field day. Fernandez and his receivers are just to smart on the field and can recognize a defenses weak spot. The defense has allowed a lot of points and I think the weakest area is the secondary, they just can’t seem to cover at times and blow coverages constantly. Up front they handle their own pretty well earning a B- I think. Now before you Montwood fans jump all over me for saying that, the true ones know what I’m talking about. I personally think they’ll play at the 110% Friday night though. This game will probably be close till the 3rd qtr, but Montwood will separate in the 4th. El Do will be lurking under the merky water on this game just waiting to attack next week. Either way we’re gonna have ourselves a helluva game Friday night. Good luck to both teams. Go Rams!!!

Great post! I love to read post like this unlike all the trash talk.

The Spartans have not seen an offense like that of Montwood and Montwood has not seen a defense like that of the Spartans. Our pass rush will play a big role in this game. If we can get to the QB and maybe cause some turnovers, it will help decide the game. Can't wait is all I know! It's gonna be fun.

EP to Brownsville
Sherlock
EP to Brownsville
Eyes_From_The_Box
EP to Brownsville

Yes I was through www.nfhsnetwork.com $9.95 a month they lost the feed towards the end when it mattered the most not all schools participate as I believe it is their media department.

Just go to Booster club facebook pages you might have luck there.

Montwood 53 Pebble Hills 38

MW QB Andrew Fernandez was selected as one of the 25 finalist for Dave Campbell's Mr. Texas Player of the Year Award! That's great for him and HS football in ELP.

Congratulations Andrew!!!

Rams
MW QB Andrew Fernandez was selected as one of the 25 finalist for Dave Campbell's Mr. Texas Player of the Year Award! That's great for him and HS football in ELP.

Just curious but why do you think it's great for him and HS football in El Paso? Please explain with facts not assumptions or guesses.

Also if it was not Andrew Fernandez or any other Montwood player but instead if it was some other player from some other El Paso team for example lets say a Parkland or Chapin player would you even care about this Mr. Texas thing and would you be posting it and saying it's great for this Parkland or Chapin player and for HS football in El Paso?

BeastofNE
Rams

Just curious but why do you think it's great for him and HS football in El Paso? Please explain with facts not assumptions or guesses.

Also if it was not Andrew Fernandez or any other Montwood player but instead if it was some other player from some other El Paso team for example lets say a Parkland or Chapin player would you even care about this Mr. Texas thing and would you be posting it and saying it's great for this Parkland or Chapin player and for HS football in El Paso?

Well be is obviously a mw fan which is why he posted about it. That's who he follows. Would be still think it's great probably but he would just comment great on someone else's post who posted it I stead of trying to be a hater. It is good for our city out city is starting to get recognized. Players like hankins, fields last year, Fernandez, hampton, andrus, are getting us recognized so if a chapin or parkland player getsnit more power to them. Check the gate at the door.

Rams

Saw this yesterday, Congratulations Andrew.

Any recognition for an El Paso player is great for El Paso football in general. Puts us on the map.

Sorry but I must get in on this.

Many El Paso HS football players long before Fields, Hankins, Hampton, Cedarious, Andrew, Tyreese have already put El Paso on the map. The problem is that most of you parents of players today have only followed El Paso HS football very closely this year and last year when your kids have been doing well in varsity or your kids team is doing well. Obviously you parents did not follow El Paso HS football closely long before your kids were in high school.

Again El Paso HS football has already been put on the map long before the Fields, Hankins, Hampton, Cedarious, Andrew, Tyreese. These players today getting recognized is only adding to all of it like extra gravy on the mashed potatoes.

Hopefully Andrew Fernandez goes on to college to break records as John Skelton did at Fordham University back like in 2006-2008. Hopefully Tyreese goes on to do great in college and helps a college team get to Bowl games like Alex Torres did at Texas Tech like back in 2007-2009. I can go on and on about previous players but my point again is that El Paso HS football has long been put on the map and those players that accomplish or achieve things today and future players here on after are adding to all of it which is great and props to them all.

Don't forget the previous El Paso HS football players that have widened the path for future El Paso HS football players.

Congratulating a current player does not take away anything from a past player. This forum is all about the here & now.

Congratulations Andrew!

BeastofNE,

Stop hating on players. And yes, I'm a MW fan first but I don't care who the player is I would do the same thing for him.

The bottom line is we should all be proud of any recognition players get outside of El Paso period. We need more players like the ones you mentioned playing at the next level and even in the NFL to continue that tradition.

Now back on topic....

Spartandad
Now back on topic....
Montwood wins Friday night!!!

Edgar
EP to Brownsville
Sherlock
EP to Brownsville
Eyes_From_The_Box
EP to Brownsville

Just go to Booster club facebook pages you might have luck there.

Just updated and NFHSNetwork will be showing the game on Friday

Rams
BeastofNE,

Stop hating on players. And yes, I'm a MW fan first but I don't care who the player is I would do the same thing for him.

The bottom line is we should all be proud of any recognition players get outside of El Paso period. We need more players like the ones you mentioned playing at the next level and even in the NFL to continue that tradition.

If you honestly feel that way today about that everyone should be proud of any recognition players get outside of El Paso hopefully you continue to feel that way and acknowledge that in the future 2, 5, 10 years from now and continue to give El Paso HS football players that same respect or props and you do not become like those many parents who only followed and cared about El Paso HS football when their son played and years after El Paso HS football all of a sudden does not matter to them.

BeastofNE

Many El Paso HS football players long before Fields, Hankins, Hampton, Cedarious, Andrew, Tyreese have already put El Paso on the map. The problem is that most of you parents of players today have only followed El Paso HS football very closely this year and last year when your kids have been doing well in varsity or your kids team is doing well. Obviously you parents did not follow El Paso HS football closely long before your kids were in high school.

Again El Paso HS football has already been put on the map long before the Fields, Hankins, Hampton, Cedarious, Andrew, Tyreese. These players today getting recognized is only adding to all of it like extra gravy on the mashed potatoes.

Hopefully Andrew Fernandez goes on to college to break records as John Skelton did at Fordham University back like in 2006-2008. Hopefully Tyreese goes on to do great in college and helps a college team get to Bowl games like Alex Torres did at Texas Tech like back in 2007-2009. I can go on and on about previous players but my point again is that El Paso HS football has long been put on the map and those players that accomplish or achieve things today and future players here on after are adding to all of it which is great and props to them all.

Don't forget the previous El Paso HS football players that have widened the path for future El Paso HS football players.

Billy Davis, Ed Stansbury cant forget these Irvin high legends and EL Paso Sports Hall of Fame members

Spartandad
Now back on topic....

Exactly get back on topic and don't get side tracked thinking your kids are the greatest El Paso HS football players that ever played the game.

Focus at the task at hand, the here and now, which is this game coming up. Don't let websites listing your kids and their stats distract you. Don't let other things like your kid being selected to participate in something distract you. Don't let your ego and proudness in your kids doing well thinking they are the greatest El Paso HS football players of all time distract you.

EP to Brownsville
BeastofNE

Billy Davis, Ed Stansbury cant forget these Irvin high legends and EL Paso Sports Hall of Fame members

Exactly EP to Brownsville we can't forget them as them being former players as them paved the way. Their sacrifices, their successes in their high school careers, in their college careers and those even going on to the NFL was for not. Former El Paso HS football players paved the way, others put El Paso on the map, long before players of today. One must respect the past and Aaron Jones is one who is doing that today.

I'm just trying to educate these parents that just started following varsity football these past 1 to 2 years in that former El Paso HS football players have already put El Paso on the map long befpre the players of today and that El Paso HS football players and teams doing well today is gravy on top.

Anyways back on topic.

BeastofNE
EP to Brownsville
BeastofNE

Exactly EP to Brownsville we can't forget them as them being former players as them paved the way. Their sacrifices, their successes in their high school careers, in their college careers and those even going on to the NFL was for not. Former El Paso HS football players paved the way, others put El Paso on the map, long before players of today. One must respect the past and Aaron Jones is one who is doing that today.

I'm just trying to educate these parents that just started following varsity football these past 1 to 2 years in that former El Paso HS football players have already put El Paso on the map long befpre the players of today and that El Paso HS football players and teams doing well today is gravy on top.

Anyways back on topic.

BeastofNE I feel you and with you on this but majority of people have their hearts and minds set on their immediate circle of family and close friends. Good luck in attempting to make others understand in seeing the bigger picture and to give love to former athletes other than their own son and son's teammates. Let it go BeastofNE

Several post up I said I was going to wait until EP Gridiron updated and released their power rankings for this week before I post my prediction for this mega game. Well I still don't know who to pick as EP Gridiron just confused the hell out of me.

So EP Gridiron has

#1 Pebble Hills with a power rating of 168
#2 Montwood with a power rating of 155

I do as EP Gridiron says within their power rankings page and the result is Pebble Hills wins by 13.

BUT on EP Gridirons Twitter they have Pebble Hills as a 8 point favorite and Montwood as a 8 point favorite. And both teams basically as 8 point underdogs.

WTH? I will have to think some more on this. Will be posting my prediction soon hopefully before the game kicksoff.

C’mon Beast what are we present day fans supposed to do, pay homage to the past players first before congratulating today’s players. Yes I understand the greatness of the past players who layed down the foundation for the future athletes. But they’re just that, legends and memories and one day so will today’s Fernandez’s, Barfield’s and Andrus’ be memories and we’ll be congratulating the athletes 10 years from now.

Edgar
Several post up I said I was going to wait until EP Gridiron updated and released their power rankings for this week before I post my prediction for this mega game. Well I still don't know who to pick as EP Gridiron just confused the hell out of me.

So EP Gridiron has

#1 Pebble Hills with a power rating of 168
#2 Montwood with a power rating of 155

I do as EP Gridiron says within their power rankings page and the result is Pebble Hills wins by 13.

BUT on EP Gridirons Twitter they have Pebble Hills as a 8 point favorite and Montwood as a 8 point favorite. And both teams basically as 8 point underdogs.

WTH? I will have to think some more on this. Will be posting my prediction soon hopefully before the game kicksoff.

Edgar just make your score prediction with Montwood winning and you'll be ok. Trust me Rams taking this one.

You make a good point but I'm not one of those individuals. Support starts here at home (ELP) with not only our high schools but supporting the Miners as well (win or lose) but that's another topic.

Rico
If it is beautiful weather no gusty winds, no rain, no snow, etc Montwood 63 Pebble Hills 41

If it begins to rain during the game atleast for 1 to 2 quarters Pebble Hills 49 Montwood 21

These types of big games it is all about the weather.

So I ask can someone give Rico a forecast for Friday night? Should I sport some shades and shorts or umbrella and rain coat?

Here Uncle Rico this may help you
https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USTX0413:1:US

Instead of this game between Montwood and Pebble Hills being called the Game of the Year or the Game of the Week it should be called the EP Gridiron Bowl. The reason I say that it should be called the EP Gridiron Bowl is that EP Gridiron's #1 has only been Montwood and Pebble Hills all season long and now here we are with these two teams in the most biggest game, most talked about, and most publicized high school football game in El Paso this year.

I know it won't be called that I'm only giving props to EP Gridiron.

Eastsider
Instead of this game between Montwood and Pebble Hills being called the Game of the Year or the Game of the Week it should be called the EP Gridiron Bowl. The reason I say that it should be called the EP Gridiron Bowl is that EP Gridiron's #1 has only been Montwood and Pebble Hills all season long and now here we are with these two teams in the most biggest game, most talked about, and most publicized high school football game in El Paso this year.

I know it won't be called that I'm only giving props to EP Gridiron.

Lol Eastsider that will never happen. We're in El Paso and everyone knows how practically every El Pasoan thinks with many saying they knew Montwood and Pebble Hills would be the best 2 teams at the top at seasons end.

I knew it lol

MWs QB will buckle under pressure and the PHs defense will do the rest.

I got Pebble Hill's by at least 30 points.

Top5

Easy there Top5 settle down. Let the players play and let the score broad speak for itself. What I hope for is, the Refs call a good game. And it is to bad that one team has to lose.

Rams
Top5

Easy there Top5 settle down. Let the players play and let the score broad speak for itself. What I hope for is, the Refs call a good game. And it is to bad that one team has to lose.

Let the the players play and let the parents and football fans play with talk.

Yeah Rams person if you do not like people sharing their thoughts about this game or any other game in this forum or any place else on the internet then I suggest to you to stay away and dont read simple as that. Live and let live.

Qbert
Yeah Rams person if you do not like people sharing their thoughts about this game or any other game in this forum or any place else on the internet then I suggest to you to stay away and dont read simple as that. Live and let live.
It’s called sarcasm

Qbert person why are you contradicting yourself if you don't like what people say why don't you stay off. Ram has the same right as you do.

Cats32
Qbert
It’s called sarcasm

Sarcasm is overrated

Andrew is a 3 year starter and won't buckle under pressure. He'll use those 3 year experience to his advantage and he is very good under pressure. Good luck to your defense same defense he faced last year.

Beast
Good luck to your defense same defense he faced last year.

Same personnel but 1 year older, stronger, & faster. Don't make the same mistake the rest of the district has made and think your facing the same team from last year.....or on second thought, go ahead and think that!

I see Montwood edging Pebble Hills 38 to 35.

We got this

U ain't got anything.

Spartan dad realize Andrew is not the same QB as last year either. This is the reason he is one of the top dual threat QB in 6A Football. Over confidence may be on your side. I'll be cheering for PH in the playoffs but not this week.

Yeah not the same D. That was silly. We are not 8-0 because we are the same D.
PHHS has a 3 year Varsity starter too with lots of experience. And guess what he plays on Defense. #RiseSparta

Rudy
Rams
Top5

Let the the players play and let the parents and football fans play with talk.

Why is everyone being so mean??? Both of these teams have played their hearts out this year and it is going to be a tremendous game to watch! Can we all agree on that?

I will be rooting for the Spartans, but I refuse to bash Montwood because they have some viable talent as well. I just hope none of these boys get injured and stay humble.

All of these teams have started from somewhere, and PHHS is just getting their start. Either way, the tides will come and go for both teams years from now, but let's just enjoy the fact that ELP has the Texas GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

Best of luck Spartans! Best of Luck Rams!

Handle your business on the field and know you are both amazing programs.

#Spartans #Rise #PHHS

Because that's the mentality of this city when it comes to HS football. Some fans would rather spend their time bashing players then simply offering up an opinion about the game. Both teams are good...but we will find out which team is better tomorrow night. I expect to see an exciting game.

Football Enthusiast
Because that's the mentality of this city when it comes to HS football. Some fans would rather spend their time bashing players then simply offering up an opinion about the game. Both teams are good...but we will find out which team is better tomorrow night. I expect to see an exciting game.
Aaaannnndddd there it is again “El Paso Mentality”. Sh*t talking goes on throughout the country especially in Texas. Get on some other football forums throughout the state and see for yourself, for instance last weeks game between San Angelo Central vs. Permian. Both talk smack but both back each other up in playoffs. El Paso has been the same, we talk smack during district but back each other up in playoffs. My opinion is just that an opinion and I say Montwood wins this game Friday night, because that’s the team I route for and support, regardless if they were the underdogs. But your right on one thing, tomorrow night we’ll settle this little dispute. Go Rams!!!!

Mean? Bashing?

Pathetic. Snap the hell out of it!!!

Ofcourse you will have those ingredients in the sport we call football. And if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen and go watch or play marbles.

Stop being so soft. This is varsity football not peewee or youth football. What the hell you think this is? Checkers, Chess, Crossword Puzzle Challenge or Spelling B contest? This is football people so ofcourse there will be meanness and bashing and all sorts of other things negative and positive.

You think out of town teams are going to be soft in the first round of the playoffs against El Paso teams? You think out of town teams are going to want to hug you and be your friend?

Wake the hell up this is football not some kids having fun in a jumping balloon.

May the toughest, strongest, hardest hitting, and smartest team who wants this game the most win it and may the winning team carry over that winning momentum to their next game and onto the Texas state playoffs.

You are definitely right about backing our EP teams outside of our District... If the Rams win Friday, we will all rally around them and the same goes for the Spartans! Like I said, both are outstanding and are going to give those outside of our district a run for their money. As a family, we have not been in El Paso long, but everyone seems to think our teams are a joke outside of our district. I believe those outside of our district may have to eat big piece of humble pie when they go against one of our teams!

What I mean is that some of these adults on this forum were just being nasty about the Montwood QB, instead of being happy for the kids they have to be nasty about it. Of course we all talk smack, but when you downplay the achievements that an athlete as worked hard for, that is low....

calderon95b
What I mean is that some of these adults on this forum were just being nasty about the Montwood QB, instead of being happy for the kids they have to be nasty about it. Of course we all talk smack, but when you downplay the achievements that an athlete as worked hard for, that is low....

I understand that but as I stated this is football and those types of people you say are nasty or mean or bashing unfortunately comes with the sport.

Would I like to see every single person congratulative or give props abundantly to players, coaches or people in general? Ofcourse I would but I'm one who understands what comes with the sport of football and what kind of a world I live in.

My Final
Pebble Hills 24
Montwood 37

I have SPARTANS winning, but im being biased. Both teams look good and will be a great game to watch! At this point in the season, everything is a bonus for the SPARTANS, no-one expected us to be here. The players and coaches hard work and dedication have brought us to where we're at today. May the best team win, GO SPARTANS!

BIG TIME
I have SPARTANS winning, but im being biased. Both teams look good and will be a great game to watch! At this point in the season, everything is a bonus for the SPARTANS, no-one expected us to be here. The players and coaches hard work and dedication have brought us to where we're at today. May the best team win, GO SPARTANS!

All Glory to God.

That's not true at all...many people on the forum hate on teams even in the playoffs. And talking smack is one thing but putting down players is another. It's not the NFL where players get paid to be ridiculed and criticized about their performance. These kids are playing for fun but some of us take it far too seriously. This game will come down to the team with the least amount penalties and turnovers and that controls the clock. The Pebble Hills defense has been making big plays on defense and special teams all season. Not to say that MW hasn't but MWs defense has in many respects been overshadowed by their offense. But tomorrow night they will be facing a team with a great defense and a pretty decent offense.

Football Enthusiast
That's not true at all...many people on the forum hate on teams even in the playoffs. And talking smack is one thing but putting down players is another. It's not the NFL where players get paid to be ridiculed and criticized about their performance. These kids are playing for fun but some of us take it far too seriously. This game will come down to the team with the least amount penalties and turnovers and that controls the clock. The Pebble Hills defense has been making big plays on defense and special teams all season. Not to say that MW hasn't but MWs defense has in many respects been overshadowed by their offense. But tomorrow night they will be facing a team with a great defense and a pretty decent offense.

People on forums, blogs, facebook, twitter and in youtube videos is nothing compared to what people are saying at home behind closed doors, on the stands at games and what players on teams are saying to each other on the football field during the games. At most locker rooms before and also especially at halftime is also far worse than what is said on forums, blogs, facebook, twitter and in youtube videos.

Please do not reply to my post as you will be ridiculed and criticized about your way of thinking as to how you believe people should conduct themselves on the internet.

Stop trying to police the internet it's a losing battle for those who try to control it and tell its visitors how to behave.

Lets go Spartans!!!!

Juco
EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

55-7 Irvin
34-13 Andress
31-14 Chapin
57-28 Franklin
31-20 Coronado
32-9 Americas
42-14 Socorro
71-34 Eastwood
Montwood Rams 8-0
70-14 Frenship
58-53 Midland
47-26 Burges
37-14 Socorro
61-42 El Dorado
43-34 Franklin
69-52 Coronado
42-3 Americas

Montwood has had a tougher schedule at the beginning of the season than Pebble Hills and that experience will show up tomorrow.

Game Day bby!!! Let’s get after it Rams and good luck boys!! Go Rams! Good luck to both teams

Ok now it’s official, MONTWOOD #1 on both EP Gridiron and El Paso Times!! Good job boys

Cats32
Ok now it’s official, MONTWOOD #1 on both EP Gridiron and El Paso Times!! Good job boys

Yes and hopefully Montwood keeps winning so that they can remain #1 if not EP Gridiron and El Paso Times will drop our Rams quicker than we can say dammit we were only regular season good not playoff good.

I really hope our Rams go far in the playoffs but it's all going to depend on our soft defense that is giving up way too many touchdowns. Our team is like Oprah Winfrey you get a touchdown you get a touchdown you get a touchdown you get a touchdown.

Focus Rams continue to make us proud.

I enjoyed the heck out of the game. Big plays on both sides. The stars shined brightly for both teams. PHHS made more mistakes and MHS capitalized on them all.
Clock management, turnovers, and unnecessary trick plays and failed PATS were crucial.
Montwood made plays late, especially after PHHS got within 3. #23 Chris Ramos had a big catch and a huge run to kill clock and make PHHS burn timeouts.
This game keeps MHS from traveling and PHHS having to face a juggernaut in the playoffs.

Hounds93
I enjoyed the heck out of the game. Big plays on both sides. The stars shined brightly for both teams. PHHS made more mistakes and MHS capitalized on them all.
Clock management, turnovers, and unnecessary trick plays and failed PATS were crucial.
Montwood made plays late, especially after PHHS got within 3. #23 Chris Ramos had a big catch and a huge run to kill clock and make PHHS burn timeouts.
This game keeps MHS from traveling and PHHS having to face a juggernaut in the playoffs.

That's the beef right there. This win by Montwood has them playing here at home in El Paso and Pebble Hills has to hit the pavement all the way to San Angelo which will be a very tough road trip and game with the Bobcats.

Montwood stands alone at the top of the rankings!!!

I agree...but truth be told MW had 2-3 opportunities to score when the ball was on the goal line and had they done so, they would have easily won the game by 3-4 TDs. But it's okay we won anyway.

Rams

Rankings do not matter isn't this what Montwood people have been saying? So what does it matter if Montwood is #1 in El Paso or #348 in the entire country.

Top5

Welp, you were wrong!

Pebble Hills would have won if not for fumbles, interceptions and blocked field goals, woulda coulda shouda, a great game, outstanding atmosphere on both sides, loudest most packed stadium at the SAC, both sides. Errors cost us this game, hail Mary into the endzone through our defenders hands, fumble on a punt at the one yard line, kids played on and fought through that, very proud of both teams, Salty? Sure but I love the 915, so I support my city, next game, serve it up

Pebble Hills defender has not been taught that you suppose to battttttt the ball down to the ground not attempt to intercept it especially when it's just about halftime. That hail mary was truly the difference maker in this awesome game.

Rudy
Rams

Rankings do not matter isn't this what Montwood people have been saying? So what does it matter if Montwood is #1 in El Paso or #348 in the entire country.
Doesn’t matter during the season. What matters is where you finish at the end for playoff position. Ask El Do, they’ll be gunning for the 2nd place spot to take on Midland Lee!! That’s what everyone has been talking about.

I'm sure you wouldn't be saying rankings don't matter had Pebbles Hills won. So like I said it feels good to finally be ranked #1 in the city in both EP Gridiron and El Paso Times poll.

Pebbles Hills is known throughout the city for their great defense and creating turnovers. But the table was turned tonight against Montwood.

Eastside
Cats32

Yes and hopefully Montwood keeps winning so that they can remain #1 if not EP Gridiron and El Paso Times will drop our Rams quicker than we can say dammit we were only regular season good not playoff good.

I really hope our Rams go far in the playoffs but it's all going to depend on our soft defense that is giving up way too many touchdowns. Our team is like Oprah Winfrey you get a touchdown you get a touchdown you get a touchdown you get a touchdown.

Focus Rams continue to make us proud.
Get it right , outr Defense is NOT soft. It’s the defense formation... Our players AreNOT not soft.

First game I attended this season and was a very good one. NO Montwood's defense it's not soft they are average. The problem is that MW has no speed and you know that speed kills. On the other hand, I understand that a good clean hit can be celebrated but when a player is limping and being carried out off the field and players, side line and in the stands start jumping and celebrating that's classless and ghetto mentality.

Hats off to Pebble Hills they played they're butts off. To bad one team had to lose. My shout out go's to Caleb Gerber what a game he played. Pebble Hills will have a successful playoff run, go Spartans do great things. As for Montwood congratulations district champs two years running. Got to give Montwood's defense the game ball they're key stops that made all the difference in the game. The offense played great against a great defense. I think Montwood will do great things in the playoffs because they had success against El Paso's top defense. This is "special" year for El Paso high school football, I'll be cheer for all El Paso teams in the playoffs and good luck to all.

EXMONTWOOD DAD
First game I attended this season and was a very good one. NO Montwood's defense it's not soft they are average. The problem is that MW has no speed and you know that speed kills. On the other hand, I understand that a good clean hit can be celebrated but when a player is limping and being carried out off the field and players, side line and in the stands start jumping and celebrating that's classless and ghetto mentality.

I agree to an extent with you exdad, however I was on the Pebble side and when the kid went down parents on Pebble side were encouraging everyone to stop the cheering. Pebble had momentum and in the midst of driving so once kid got up and was walking back, the teams get in their huddle, then naturally the cheering began once again. Maybe it’s classless of yourself to begin pointing fingers when you were not on the Pebble side and not know the true story. Why are we adults taking away from a great game? Both teams made mistakes, penalties, plays, and yes unfortunately only one could win. Great great game from both sides, lets not ruin it.

This is what I got out of the game last night.

BOTH EP TEAMS ARE NOT DOING MUCH IN THE TEXAS STATE PLAYOFFS.

Montwood no defense whatsover with Pebble Hills coming back from a 16 some deficit and Pebble Hills is not able to slow down a mobile and crazy legs scrambling quarterback.

No defense Montwood enjoy your litte league district trophy and Pebble Hills you couldn't even slow down EP Montwoods quarterback what makes you think you will stop or slow down San Angelo's quarterback.

Obviously you don't know what your talking about I'm not even going to give you a second thought. Great game last night keep hating.

Outsider

Montwood no defense whatsover with Pebble Hills coming back from a 16 some deficit and Pebble Hills is not able to slow down a mobile and crazy legs scrambling quarterback.

No defense Montwood enjoy your litte league district trophy and Pebble Hills you couldn't even slow down EP Montwoods quarterback what makes you think you will stop or slow down San Angelo's quarterback.

I agree

Just FYI Pebble Hills was winning and winning games every week and the media attention they were receiving all got to the coaches, players and their parents and followers heads. Montwood brought them back down to earth. Ironically with Montwood beating Pebble Hills and bringing them back down to earth now it's Montwood players and their parents and followers who are floating off the earth and getting big heads with their win on Pebble Hills. I've been hearing things of what they have been saying and I have been reading on facebook what they are saying. Montwood is starting to sound like Pebble Hills before yesterday. This is why I will be looking forward to Montwood and Pebble Hills being eliminated right away in the Playoffs.

Larry
Outsider

I agree

Just FYI Pebble Hills was winning and winning games every week and the media attention they were receiving all got to the coaches, players and their parents and followers heads. Montwood brought them back down to earth. Ironically with Montwood beating Pebble Hills and bringing them back down to earth now it's Montwood players and their parents and followers who are floating off the earth and getting big heads with their win on Pebble Hills. I've been hearing things of what they have been saying and I have been reading on facebook what they are saying. Montwood is starting to sound like Pebble Hills before yesterday. This is why I will be looking forward to Montwood and Pebble Hills being eliminated right away in the Playoffs.

Montwood will beat Midland in the 1st Round but after that 1st Round win and with that horrible defense unfortunately I do not see them advancing past the 2nd Round.

Outsider,

Like your name...stay an outsider with your opinions.

As for MWs defense, I agree they lack speed in the open field. But what I saw was alot of missed tackles by MW defenders. The first defender has to make that tackle. And when they don't it allows the opposing team to gain extra yards that they probably would have lost.

I was on the PHs sideline and I can say that the many of their fans cheered when MW players got hurt.

The game was mental as well as physical. MWs first offensive play of the game, a 72 yard TD pass to WR Tyreese Andrus, stole PHs momentum early in the game. And just when they thought they were back in it, MW QB Andrew Fernandez struck again with a 42 yard pass/TD to WR Edward Garibay as time expired, thus stealing PHs momentum once again. MWs defense did the rest in the 4th QTR.

Overall, it was a very exciting game to watch! And I like many others was on pins and needles the entire game.

Good luck to both teams going forward!

Thank God for Andrew Fernandez and Tyreese Andrus. God help our team after these 2 heavenly gifts depart due to graduation.

Larry
Outsider

I agree

So let me understand. Just because a team is winning and getting media attention, they should not enjoy their time in the limelight? You are ridiculous! If you are such a hater of high school football, why don't you keep you hate to yourself. Instead of lifting these boys up, you are just bringing them down. Why don't you support your city and the talent it has?

MHS_Rams
Thank God for Andrew Fernandez and Tyreese Andrus. God help our team after these 2 heavenly gifts depart due to graduation.
We have no worries,, our Defense is practically all juniors and Our Offense Back ups Won District in JV.

BigO

. You lost by 3. But , Since when do you cheer for an injured player? Very Low Class parents at Pebble for cheering when Montwood player #4 got hurt. Very un called for!

RamFan
BigO

. You lost by 3. But , Since when do you cheer for an injured player? Very Low Class parents at Pebble for cheering when Montwood player #4 got hurt. Very un called for!

No excuses for the behavior of the Pebble Hills side during that situation but we all must remember that this is Pebble Hills first "rodeo" so to speak and they were undefeated so they, with they being the players and their fans, were in unchartered territory again were undefeated, big game, 12,000 spectators watching, game of the Week, game of the year, highly ranked by multiple sources, etc. Pebble Hills is like a kid in a candy store for the very first time excited, overwhelmed, impatient, ancy, etc. which will cause to cloud ones judgment, behavior, act immediately without giving thought to consequence. These Pebble Hills players and their fans will eventually learn how to behave during those situations and others as seasons come and go.

DeepThinkingDude
RamFan
BigO

No excuses for the behavior of the Pebble Hills side during that situation but we all must remember that this is Pebble Hills first "rodeo" so to speak and they were undefeated so they, with they being the players and their fans, were in unchartered territory again were undefeated, big game, 12,000 spectators watching, game of the Week, game of the year, highly ranked by multiple sources, etc. Pebble Hills is like a kid in a candy store for the very first time excited, overwhelmed, impatient, ancy, etc. which will cause to cloud ones judgment, behavior, act immediately without giving thought to consequence. These Pebble Hills players and their fans will eventually learn how to behave during those situations and others as seasons come and go.
. Just a reminder, that stadium was full of people who had no connection to either school but were there to watch a little piece of history being made. So before you go and accuse people of behaving badly, check your facts.

First you say there is no excuse for PHs fans cheering with a MW player got hurt but then you turn around and make excuses for their behavior. Which one is it? Don't try to blame it on the other schools that were at the game because I sat on the PHs side of the field and I know what I saw, PHs students and parents cheering whenever a MW player got hurt. MWs #4 WR Tyreese Andrus had 5 receptions for 168 yards and 2 TDs in the first half. So much for PHs great defense. The kid is a beast and I can see why your fans was so happy to see him leave the game even though it was very brief. Like I said in a previous post PHs play dirty. And count on the refs to make calls in their favor. The game was only close because MW made it close. The PHs offense is very basic, running the same plays over and over, not to mention PHs has no deep threat at WR. The only bright spot on PHs offense is #9 RB Caleb Gerber, who showed great footwork and speed leading up to his 275 yards rushing and 4 TDs. Your best WR in the game was #14 Gonzalez who had 8 receptions for 64 yards and 1 TD. He was the only WR to score for PHs. The rest of your playmakers: Wolfe, Seabrook, and Averette all failed to score or impact the game in a significant way. So if you take away Gerber's 4 TDs, where does that leave PHs? This game is over and Montwood won so get over it and stop making excuses for the loss and for the PHs fans bad behavior.

Rams
First you say there is no excuse for PHs fans cheering with a MW player got hurt but then you turn around and make excuses for their behavior. Which one is it? Don't try to blame it on the other schools that were at the game because I sat on the PHs side of the field and I know what I saw, PHs students and parents cheering whenever a MW player got hurt. MWs #4 WR Tyreese Andrus had 5 receptions for 168 yards and 2 TDs in the first half. So much for PHs great defense. The kid is a beast and I can see why your fans was so happy to see him leave the game even though it was very brief. Like I said in a previous post PHs play dirty. And count on the refs to make calls in their favor. The game was only close because MW made it close. The PHs offense is very basic, running the same plays over and over, not to mention PHs has no deep threat at WR. The only bright spot on PHs offense is #9 RB Caleb Gerber, who showed great footwork and speed leading up to his 275 yards rushing and 4 TDs. Your best WR in the game was #14 Gonzalez who had 8 receptions for 64 yards and 1 TD. He was the only WR to score for PHs. The rest of your playmakers: Wolfe, Seabrook, and Averette all failed to score or impact the game in a significant way. So if you take away Gerber's 4 TDs, where does that leave PHs? This game is over and Montwood won so get over it and stop making excuses for the loss and for the PHs fans bad behavior.
. Why were you sitting on the Pebble Hills side anyway? Look, you don't have to be a jerk. There was no dirty playing of any kind and you know that. I think you are just bitter because the game was not a blowout. The game was what it was, a good game by both sides. So why don't you drop your bad behavior at the door because you are acting just as bad as you say PH was acting. Good luck to both teams moving forward. Montwood played a hell of a game. Congratulations to them.

Rams

By reading your post on the other thread and now this one here in this thread it's once again obvious that you don't know absolutely nothing about football.

""""The rest of your playmakers: Wolfe, Seabrook, and Averette all failed to score or impact the game in a significant way"""""<<< This is complete and utter nonsense.

First and foremost the final was 49-46 now if I and everyone else were to think and go by your way of thinking or rather I say your idiotic logic then if Wolfe, Seabrook, and Averette were to have scored and impacted the game in a significant way then Pebble Hills would have scored 75 to 80 points.

Stop using that logic IF THIS OR THAT because that way of thinking can go both ways.

Rams

Whats up with all this hate for a team even after you beat them? Dirty play? You can't name one single dirty play. (The Spartan QB laying out your DE was not dirty). Cheering for an injured player. Didn't happen, i was there. There was cheering for the pass break up, then quiet and cheers again when he got up. Stop creating drama.

Actually all i'm hearing in all of this, is a bunch of threatened parents who didn't like that the Rams played a team that scored the same number of TD's as the Rams and their "high-powered" offense. Singling out individual players as not contributing is classless, when it's actually PHHS that played team football while the Rams are made up of two great players and a bunch of beneficiaries. It was great effort on both sides of the ball by both teams with the difference coming down to turnovers and missed PAT's. Good luck Rams and Spartans in the playoffs. Thanks for the awesome game that provided great entertainment for all that were there.

@Rams,
So disappointed in you. Mr. Rams aka Mr. Don Andrus; your son is Great no need to bash other boys. Your kid was bound to be special since he was young, and unfortunately you have shopped him around since then. At this point the offers will come, just let it be. Come on Don, lol.

Dr. Bruce Ivin
Rams

Whats up with all this hate for a team even after you beat them? Dirty play? You can't name one single dirty play. (The Spartan QB laying out your DE was not dirty). Cheering for an injured player. Didn't happen, i was there. There was cheering for the pass break up, then quiet and cheers again when he got up. Stop creating drama.

Actually all i'm hearing in all of this, is a bunch of threatened parents who didn't like that the Rams played a team that scored the same number of TD's as the Rams and their "high-powered" offense. Singling out individual players as not contributing is classless, when it's actually PHHS that played team football while the Rams are made up of two great players and a bunch of beneficiaries. It was great effort on both sides of the ball by both teams with the difference coming down to turnovers and missed PAT's. Good luck Rams and Spartans in the playoffs. Thanks for the awesome game that provided great entertainment for all that were there.
Finally, a voice of reason. Congratulations to both teams. They played their hearts out. Good luck to both teams. May they play fierce and stay injury free.

You're an idiot, I do not speak for all PH fans but the 20 or so I associate with I can assure you we did not cheer when #4 got hurt, high emotion game on both sides. Your opinion, not fact!
We know how to act winning or losing, who do you think you are lecturing you can E.A.D.

I'm just glad PHHS lost! That'll bring them down a notch or two! Newbie team acting as if they were a seasoned team, Rally??? Stay HUMBLE!

**Really

It's over...
I'm just glad PHHS lost! That'll bring them down a notch or two! Newbie team acting as if they were a seasoned team, Rally??? Stay HUMBLE!

How can you talk like that when the score was 49-46???

I swear some of you Montwood followers are too blind and too bias towards your team. Ease up on the love for your team and see what really happened and what happened was that Montwood won in a nail biter of a game with Montwood barely beating Pebble Hills 49-46. It wasn't 49-0 or 63-0 or 77-0 as you wanted it.

FINAL
MONTWOOD 49
PEBBLE HILLS 46

So Montwood lovers stop acting and talking as if you dominated or stomped on Pebble Hills. That is far from what really happened and 12,000 plus people witnessed a very close game till the final seconds.

FarEastside
It's over...

I swear some of you Montwood followers are too blind and too bias towards your team. Ease up on the love for your team and see what really happened and what happened was that Montwood won in a nail biter of a game with Montwood barely beating Pebble Hills 49-46. It wasn't 49-0 or 63-0 or 77-0 as you wanted it.

FINAL
MONTWOOD 49
PEBBLE HILLS 46

So Montwood lovers stop acting and talking as if you dominated or stomped on Pebble Hills. That is far from what really happened and 12,000 plus people witnessed a very close game till the final seconds.
Yeah , Montwood Rams Beat Up Pebble and the Ref’s. Montwood Rams District Champions .

Dr. Bruce Ivin
Rams

And when it counted the Rams Defense STOP your offense on four downs. Montwood Defense proofed to all of you by putting the Offense back on the field to end the game and WIN THE DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP.

RamFan
And when it counted the Rams Defense STOP your offense on four downs. Montwood Defense proofed to all of you by putting the Offense back on the field to end the game and WIN THE DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP.

You are so right when it counted the Rams defense stopped Pebble Hills offense in the final seconds of the game but you, me, and the 12,000 other people that were there at the game witnessed that Pebble Hills scored 46 points on Montwood's defense.

FINAL
MONTWOOD 49
PEBBLE HILLS 46

Montwood offense District Champs!!! Congratulations Montwood offense

Cats32
Rudy
Rams

Doesn’t matter during the season. What matters is where you finish at the end for playoff position. Ask El Do, they’ll be gunning for the 2nd place spot to take on Midland Lee!! That’s what everyone has been talking about.
. Go El Dorado , earn that 2nd place . Beat Pebble.

RamFan
Cats32
Rudy
Rams

That game is easy to play.

Come on Midland Bulldogs eliminate Montwood from the playoffs in the first round.

Jerry

. Hey Jerry, you liked how Montwood Defense stuffed your explosive offense on your last possession to seal the Rams Victory.

FarEastside
RamFan
Cats32
Rudy
Rams

Come on Midland Bulldogs eliminate Montwood from the playoffs in the first round.
. Wishful thinking,,, we beat them with our second string playing the 2 nd half...

RamFan
Jerry

. Hey Jerry, you liked how Montwood Defense stuffed your explosive offense on your last possession to seal the Rams Victory.

RamFan are you like 7 years old? YOu must be because you are pretty immature and just spitting out stupidity.

Pebble Hills scored 46 points so yes that was some swiss cheese defense out there along with our team also.

95 total points combined. Lots of swiss cheese in this game by both teams. Both defenses were swiss cheese.

RamFan
FarEastside
RamFan
Cats32
Rudy
Rams

. Wishful thinking,,, we beat them with our second string playing the 2 nd half...

So what Montwood barely beat Midland 58-53 in the beginning of the season and now you think Montwood will always beat Midland forever and ever whenever they end up playing each other??? You're ridiclous. Just as Montwood has gotten better so has Midland.

You go for El Dorado against my Pebble Hills so I will go for Midland against your Montwood in the playoffs.

Hey the RAMS won a close game against a very good pebble hills team. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. But now it's time to focus on our next opponent which is Eastwood.
GO RAMS

FarEastside
It's over...

FINAL
MONTWOOD 49
PEBBLE HILLS 46

Haters going to hate. Our boys,coaches, and fans are nothing but a class act. Just grateful to be one of the teams on top and the better team!

This was a great game. Very intense! Now its time to focus on the final game of regular season. Then its on to the playoffs. I wish ALL of the El Paso teams good luck in post-season play.

BigO
FarEastside
It's over...

FINAL
MONTWOOD 49
PEBBLE HILLS 46

Haters going to hate. Our boys,coaches, and fans are nothing but a class act. Just grateful to be one of the teams on top and the better team!
. Classy NOT, You just don’t, jus t DONT cheer for injured players. LIKE you guys did.

RamFan
Dr. Bruce Ivin
Rams

"PROOFED?" Really? Before you talk trash get spell check. Its "PROVED."

Are these the classy players that were jumping and celebrating along with the people in the stands when a player was being carried out off the field?

HOUNDS 93
RamFan
Dr. Bruce Ivin
Rams

Coach big bad bill smith.... you REALLY resorted to becoming the grammar police? Lol. If that is the case, rewrite your post and put a comma between the words trash and get.

Lets all agree to disagree and move on. The kids read these posts about them from parents and spectators and we all sound like 5 year olds. BOTH teams are great teams with their own strengths and weaknesses. In the end, this may be the last season most of these kids will play. Very few make it to play college ball or beyond. Try to make it enjoyable for them. After all, THEY are the ones who bust their butts to make it this far. Find a way to support whatever team you want, without fighting and trashing the kids.

Really?
HOUNDS 93
RamFan
Dr. Bruce Ivin
Rams

Coach big bad bill smith.... you REALLY resorted to becoming the grammar police? Lol. If that is the case, rewrite your post and put a comma between the words trash and get.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I need a new username. You guys know its all in fun. Lets move on to last games and playoffs. Both teams have tough games to finish the season and opening round of the playoffs.

HOUNDS 93
Really?
HOUNDS 93
RamFan
Dr. Bruce Ivin
Rams

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I need a new username. You guys know its all in fun. Lets move on to last games and playoffs. Both teams have tough games to finish the season and opening round of the playoffs.

Lol yes sir. good luck to all the kids!

FarEastside
RamFan

You are so right when it counted the Rams defense stopped Pebble Hills offense in the final seconds of the game but you, me, and the 12,000 other people that were there at the game witnessed that Pebble Hills scored 46 points on Montwood's defense.

FINAL
MONTWOOD 49
PEBBLE HILLS 46

Montwood offense District Champs!!! Congratulations Montwood offense

PH should offer a public "thank you" to the officials, for trying their hardest to hand them the game! These officials weren't as bad as the MW vs Coronado game, but they were a close 2nd!
Go Rams! #backtobackdistrictchamps

All I can say is that it was a great game that could have gone either way. Somebody had to win and it turned out to be Montwood so congratulations to them. To add, I read a lot of criticism about MWs lack of defense this season but they made plays against PHs when they had to and that's all that counts. On the other hand, PHs RB Caleb Gerber has been impressive running the football all season. And against MW it was no difference. The same can be said for MWs QB Andrew Fernandez and WR Tyreese Andrus. They have been the driving force behind MWs great offense. The atmosphere was great and it was definitely the largest crowd in the SAC that I can remember. Emotions were running high during and after the game so I understand the criticism some has expressed on the forum. But it's time to let it go and prepare for the next games. I wish both teams success in the upcoming playoffs.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m