EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
#1 Pebble Hills Spartans vs. #2 Montwood Rams

EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

Montwood was EPG's Pre-Season #1 and Montwood was EPG's #1 I believe like for 4 weeks straight but then Pebble Hills took over that #1 spot about the 5th week and Pebble Hills has been EPG's #1 ever since. I might be a bit off by a week but I know all this ranking info can be traced from EPG's twitter page where they have been posting their rankings every week.

Pebble Hills Spartans 8-0
Pebble Hills (PF 353 / PA 139)
55-7 Irvin
34-13 Andress
31-14 Chapin
57-28 Franklin
31-20 Coronado
32-9 Americas
42-14 Socorro
71-34 Eastwood
-----------------------------------
Montwood Rams 8-0
Montwood (PF 427 / PA 238)
70-14 Frenship
58-53 Midland
47-26 Burges
37-14 Socorro
61-42 El Dorado
43-34 Franklin
69-52 Coronado
42-3 Americas

A pair of SISD teams will square off in Battle of 1-6A Unbeatens.

Pebble Hills has a stingy defense and they score a bunch and Montwood scores a bunch but gives up a bunch.

The SAC is going to be to full capacity I guarantee it. No way will I be missing this one.

I say Pebble Hills by 2 touchdowns but I'm hoping for a overtime type of game so that I can get my monies worth LOL

Who do you have winning this Game of the Year?

Re: #1 Pebble Hills Spartans vs. #2 Montwood Rams

Juco
EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

Pebble Hills has a stingy defense and they score a bunch and Montwood scores a bunch and gives up a bunch.

The SAC is going to be PAC. No way will I be missing this one.

I say Pebble Hills by 2 touchdowns but I'm hoping for a overtime type of game so that I can get my monies worth LOL

Who do you got winning this game?
. Montwood by 13

Montwood hasn't mad many special team errors nor turnovers what PH has benefited from. As long as Montwood plays mistake free football they'll win by 14.

PHHS by 28

Rams all the way!!!!!! We are the pride of the eastside and just as we have proven it in the past we will prove it again and again and again. EP Gridiron can put their rankings where the sun don't shine.

Beast
Montwood hasn't mad many special team errors nor turnovers what PH has benefited from. As long as Montwood plays mistake free football they'll win by 14.

Didn't they have turnovers this week. And ph can score unlike the opponent they just played

I'm not posting my prediction for this big game just yet. I'm going to wait until EP Gridiron updates their power rankings.

Folks, break the game down. Just don't give one sentence answers. Why do you think either team will win?
Both teams have very explosive offenses and multiple playmakers. I believe the defenses that comes up with stops and or turnovers will turn the tide in their teams favor. Also the battle in the trenches. PHHS is not big upfront defensively but they are very fast to the ball. MHS O-line has given their backs holes to run and the QB time to pass. Yes, they may be suspect but 8-0 didn't happen with a bad O-line.
MHS D-line has some size and moves well. PHHS has a big O line that really plays well with each other and has given Gerber tremendous running lanes.
QB head to head goes to MHS no question
RB head to head goes to PHHS no question
WR Corp is a really close one but I'd take PHHS
LB is another good head to head comparison. I'll call it a toss up barely. #44 for PHHS has college football size and he likes to bring the contact.
DB another close comparison. Tyrus swings it to MHS
Coaching goes to PHHS. Both staffs are good nonetheless.
All that to say my heart wants PHHS SPARTANS to win and I'll be cheering for them. BUT its hard to pick against the best QB on the field.
MHS in a shoot out. I do want to be wrong.LOL

Well said!

I'm going for the team that has athletes with Division 1 offers which in this case is Montwood.

Way to many weapons with Sparta. Spartans win by 3 TDs.

They’re bringing the wood MW by 2 scores that Hernandez and Andrus connection will wreck havoc

This is going to be a very special game, Montwood can score on every possession. Both teams look good but I give Montwood the edge. Defense looked sharp against Americas only giving up 3 points.

That's cute BigO. I to once played with pictures as a youngster during my middle school days. It was fun to pass the time. I would always tell my classmates and I quote "Whatever you can do I can do Better".

EP to Brownsville
They’re bringing the wood MW by 2 scores that Hernandez and Andrus connection will wreck havoc

Yes they will wreck havoc but for only half of the 1st quarter and then after that it will be all Spartans all night long. Don't forget to take your hot sauce to the game for your popcorn or your pepto tablets if you plan on eating hotdogs and nachos. Praying for a injury free game on both sides. GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

Edgar
I'm not posting my prediction for this big game just yet. I'm going to wait until EP Gridiron updates their power rankings.

EPG usually updates and releases their Power Rankings on Sundays so some time today we will all see them. Looking forward to your prediction Edgar.

Here's my prediction
Pebble Hills 56 Montwood 28

@WayToManyImagesIcantSeeChit u funny. They best is yet to come.

Williams
Edgar

EPG usually updates and releases their Power Rankings on Sundays so some time today we will all see them. Looking forward to your prediction Edgar.

Here's my prediction
Pebble Hills 56 Montwood 28
. It’s time for Pebble to be worried , it’s Montwood !!!!

BigO
@WayToManyImagesIcantSeeChit u funny. They best is yet to come.

It's difficult to fit all the Montwood Division 1 players with official offers and all the Montwood pride in just one single image. Abundance of Montwood talent and pride just spewing everywhere and all around it's like a delicious bowl of Caldo de Res with all its goodness the meat, carrots, salary, cabbage, mini corn on the cob, cilantro, flavorful soup, side of rice, warm corn tortillas, and salsa.

BigO by you making that comment my image did its job.

By the way let me ask you are there any players on the Pebble Hills team with official Division 1 offers? Not bogus interest from college recruiters but official Division 1 offers on the table?

Juco
EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

Montwood was EPG's Pre-Season #1 and Montwood was EPG's #1 I believe like for 4 weeks straight but then Pebble Hills took over that #1 spot about the 5th week and Pebble Hills has been EPG's #1 ever since. I might be a bit off by a week but I know all this ranking info can be traced from EPG's twitter page where they have been posting their rankings every week.

55-7 Irvin
34-13 Andress
31-14 Chapin
57-28 Franklin
31-20 Coronado
32-9 Americas
42-14 Socorro
71-34 Eastwood
Montwood Rams 8-0
70-14 Frenship
58-53 Midland
47-26 Burges
37-14 Socorro
61-42 El Dorado
43-34 Franklin
69-52 Coronado
42-3 Americas

Pebble Hills has a stingy defense and they score a bunch and Montwood scores a bunch but gives

The SAC is going to be to full capacity I guarantee it. No way will I be missing this one.

. RATINGS DONT MATTER, what matters is the final score. Montwoods Defense will stop the run and have some key stops. Pebble don’t have an passing attack. That will be the key of the game.

Rams
Juco
EPG's #1 vs. EPG's #2

55-7 Irvin
34-13 Andress
31-14 Chapin
57-28 Franklin
31-20 Coronado
32-9 Americas
42-14 Socorro
71-34 Eastwood
Montwood Rams 8-0
70-14 Frenship
58-53 Midland
47-26 Burges
37-14 Socorro
61-42 El Dorado
43-34 Franklin
69-52 Coronado
42-3 Americas

Pebble Hills has a stingy defense and they score a bunch and Montwood scores a bunch but gives

. RATINGS DONT MATTER, what matters is the final score. Montwoods Defense will stop the run and have some key stops. Pebble don’t have an passing attack. That will be the key of the game.

You say Montwoods defense will stop the run and have some key stops? That is a nice dream but Rams person I am also a dreamer just like you. I'm wishing upon a Pebble Hills amazing win in total domination and annihilation of your Rams.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m