EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Franklin vs. Coronado (Playoff spot) (Must win game)

Who will win? .. Who are the key players to look out for? What is you're prediction?

Re: Franklin vs. Coronado (Playoff spot) (Must win game)

Tick Tock

Cougars 38
T-Birds 24

Like ClockWork!

Franklin WR Khatib Lyles has had a strong past few weeks with Gabe Stonewall out. Lyles might not be the fastest kid in the city, but he looks like a legit FBS prospect as a junior. Seth Dominguez needs a bounce back game, and Taj Crenshaw has also played well as of late. QB play has been terrible between Chris Kelley and Matt Heifner Franklin doesn't defense very well but Juan Ruvacalba is a name to watch along the D-line.

Coronado has one of the best play makers in 1-6A in Jose Luis Herrera, Slaughter has been disappointing and so has Julian Madrid. Donatelli will have to play mistake free football and create some plays himself for the T-Birds, and their defense can't afford any injuries or coverage busts because Franklin will throw vertically and has the better offensive talent.

Could be a typical 1-6A shootout with a great rivalry atmosphere, wish this would turn into a home-and-home instead of playing at the Sun Bowl.

Franklin has a slight edge with their play makers like Crenshaw, Lyles, and Seth D.

Franklin 48 Coronado 41

It's a must win for both but more so for Franklin cause they still have Americas after this game. Americas is struggling but they can still be dangerous on the field. Coronado has Socorro after this game.

Franklin 28 Coronado 24

Without that norz kid out at receiver for coronado it's going to be hard coronado to really do anything especially with the run!!!! I have also noticed that he is a good receiver yes I know he doesn't have that many yards receiving this season or last season but in my opinion he is good!! So now it's having coronado to bring in people that have hardly played or have J Lu Angelo slaughter Madrid and company having to carry the extra load for this game!! The defense for coronado is going to have to step up like big time!!!!

They will be fine Franklin is missing #2 at receiver as well as #5 at safety

Both of those kids will be out there for tonight's game . #5 James was out cuz of wrestling and #2 Gabe is coming back from an injury.
Should be a great game tonight and good luck to both Coronado and Franklin.

It seems nobody cares about this game. The Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills game has stolen all the thunder.

Football Enthusiast
It seems nobody cares about this game. The Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills game has stolen all the thunder.

This game hasn't had any spark for years. Franklin has been blowing Coronado away by double digits for the past few years. Honestly I don't see this game as a rivarly anymore. So even if Montwood and Pebble Hills weren't playing today this Franklin and Coronado game would not be getting any attention.

UpperValley
Football Enthusiast

This game hasn't had any spark for years. Franklin has been blowing Coronado away by double digits for the past few years. Honestly I don't see this game as a rivarly anymore. So even if Montwood and Pebble Hills weren't playing today this Franklin and Coronado game would not be getting any attention.

If Coronado can shut down Seth Dominguez, they will win. If not Franklin will win. Coronado's RBBC has hurt them all year. However, either Coronado running back can hurt you on the ground. Madrid is much bigger, but Slaughter can hurt you through the air as well. I see a close battle. Franklin 38-28 over the birds.

Close game I have Birds by 2 scores.

Congratulations T Birds!!

The T-Birds won.

What happened to Slaughter? Did not see him play a down gor Coronado. I saw him on the sideline late in the game.

True
What happened to Slaughter? Did not see him play a down gor Coronado. I saw him on the sideline late in the game.

He hurt his knee!!!!

Season ending?

True
Season ending?

No it's a sprain

Franklin still loses after having a 11 point lead.

Time for a total and complete coaching overhaul

Westwind

That's true that Franklin was up 11 on Coronado which was 21-7 but before that Franklin was up 14-0.

True

They played well without him, but never did establish the run. Madrid coughed it up for the second week in a row at a critical time. The playmakers saved the day at Coronado. Good job Angelo and Jlu!

Is this the first time, that Coronado beats Franklin and denies them a playoff spot??

VQ35HR°
Is this the first time, that Coronado beats Franklin and denies them a playoff spot??

That is correct.

It was a nail biter till the end. Both teams showed a lot of resilience but one had to win.
Franklin started strong and it was like deja-vu all over again, but the t-birds settled in and started making plays that eventually had them on top.
Franklin only had 1 score on the second half.
The last 2 minutes were intense with Franklin moving the ball down the field and the
T-Birds struggling to hold them.
Not sure who on franklin was injured and did not play other than Stonwall loosing his head which seemed to be the turning point for Franklin when he was ejected.
On Coronado side, 2 major no shows, Slaughter and Norzagary. Madrid did what he could running the ball and fumbling it once which seems to be a recurring problem and Norzagary's replacement # 84 I believe with a mental error that ended up costing them a herrera TD for an unnecessary block in the back. Also # 80 dropping an easy pass in the end zone.
All and all, Im glad the rivalry got reignited with a nail biter instead of the usual blowout by Franklin.
Good luck in the playoffs T-Birds, you have to fix a few things if you want to have a slight chance of putting an upset on them big oil kids!

interested
It was a nail biter till the end. Both teams showed a lot of resilience but one had to win.
Franklin started strong and it was like deja-vu all over again, but the t-birds settled in and started making plays that eventually had them on top.
Franklin only had 1 score on the second half.
The last 2 minutes were intense with Franklin moving the ball down the field and the
T-Birds struggling to hold them.
Not sure who on franklin was injured and did not play other than Stonwall loosing his head which seemed to be the turning point for Franklin when he was ejected.
On Coronado side, 2 major no shows, Slaughter and Norzagary. Madrid did what he could running the ball and fumbling it once which seems to be a recurring problem and Norzagary's replacement # 84 I believe with a mental error that ended up costing them a herrera TD for an unnecessary block in the back. Also # 80 dropping an easy pass in the end zone.
All and all, Im glad the rivalry got reignited with a nail biter instead of the usual blowout by Franklin.
Good luck in the playoffs T-Birds, you have to fix a few things if you want to have a slight chance of putting an upset on them big oil kids!

Lets hope Norz and Slaughter are back for the playoffs.
Norz and Slaughter add so much to the passing game. I love Madrid, but he can't keep fumbling at these in critical times. He and Jimmy Parker do drop a lot of balls too. Let's get this fixed in practice. Praying for a healthy Norz and Slaughter

Westwind I couldn't agree with you more.. I been said this for the longest but it's like somebody keep saving them.

Westwind

I been said that a long time ago.

Eyes_From_The_Box
Franklin WR Khatib Lyles has had a strong past few weeks with Gabe Stonewall out. Lyles might not be the fastest kid in the city, but he looks like a legit FBS prospect as a junior. Seth Dominguez needs a bounce back game, and Taj Crenshaw has also played well as of late. QB play has been terrible between Chris Kelley and Matt Heifner Franklin doesn't defense very well but Juan Ruvacalba is a name to watch along the D-line.

Coronado has one of the best play makers in 1-6A in Jose Luis Herrera, Slaughter has been disappointing and so has Julian Madrid. Donatelli will have to play mistake free football and create some plays himself for the T-Birds, and their defense can't afford any injuries or coverage busts because Franklin will throw vertically and has the better offensive talent.

Could be a typical 1-6A shootout with a great rivalry atmosphere, wish this would turn into a home-and-home instead of playing at the Sun Bowl.

Franklin has a slight edge with their play makers like Crenshaw, Lyles, and Seth D.

Franklin 48 Coronado 41

Here is my thing about what you saying. You can have all the playmakers in the world but if you don't know how to use them and look your mix matches then it is pointless.

Yep time for Walker to go. 3 straight losing seasons, after never having one previous...

Jake
Yep time for Walker to go. 3 straight losing seasons, after never having one previous...

Yup I so agree. He's so done along with his sidekick assistants. Time to clean house at Franklin.

Im not sure it's to coaching at franklin.Seth played great Hefner played good Lyes was hurt Stonewall isn't ready for Varsity line did good .Defence made plays.Just maybe there a better team??Franklin is a young team with young talent they played against SR heavy t birds who we more composed and have a stud on there team.Walker deserves one more year with out the Hatches in his ear!

I agree, it's not walker. He is a good coach. Problem is Franklin does not have good players. Kids that have been told they are good until reality hits them in the face. Pee wee football wins don't equate to varsity wins . Even freshman wins for that matter. Keep walker. He is good.

I'm still kicking myself for missing this game in person.

It was a great game. Franklin played a great game if stonewall is the ayer that got ejected then yes he's not ready for varsity you dont sit on someone and start punching them like that to me thats not football.

Chucker
I agree, it's not walker. He is a good coach. Problem is Franklin does not have good players. Kids that have been told they are good until reality hits them in the face. Pee wee football wins don't equate to varsity wins . Even freshman wins for that matter. Keep walker. He is good.

How can you say it is not Walker when he has been calling the same plays over and over again? If you can honestly sit there and say that 1 game was a true good coaching decision then you my friend is in denial. If you can also say that getting blew out by 20 or 30 is good coaching well then you are just another person that likes to settle.

Truth
Im not sure it's to coaching at franklin.Seth played great Hefner played good Lyes was hurt Stonewall isn't ready for Varsity line did good .Defence made plays.Just maybe there a better team??Franklin is a young team with young talent they played against SR heavy t birds who we more composed and have a stud on there team.Walker deserves one more year with out the Hatches in his ear!

Lyles was not hurt at all so please don't not make excuses. Seth did play ok BUT he also put the ball on the ground 3 times. Some of the time yes the kids should take account of how they play BUT also you have to make coaches realize what they are doing wrong also and make them accountable for how they call plays.Yes Franklin is young in some positions but that still does not mean you have to excuse the fact that you have to teach and also put kids in the right position so that they can win.

DB#20
Chucker

How can you say it is not Walker when he has been calling the same plays over and over again? If you can honestly sit there and say that 1 game was a true good coaching decision then you my friend is in denial. If you can also say that getting blew out by 20 or 30 is good coaching well then you are just another person that likes to settle.

Walker doesn’t call the plays. Warner calls the plays, you played adult city league and youre the guru....

915 fan
It was a great game. Franklin played a great game if stonewall is the ayer that got ejected then yes he's not ready for varsity you dont sit on someone and start punching them like that to me thats not football.

Yes Stonewall is young and I agree with you on that but as coaches you also have to see that and make it known to the zebras of what's going on with his players. The coaches at Franklin do not even take responsibility for how or what they play calling is like. They would fuss at the kids but when the kids go to them to talk about something they see they fuss at them and still call they plays. Many kids have said the samething. So do not just put all the blame on the kids make the coaches the part in they role also.

Tspop
DB#20
Chucker

Walker doesn’t call the plays. Warner calls the plays, you played adult city league and youre the guru....

You are correct about that but as the head coach you have to oversee the plays and him he is not stepping and saying anything then he should have been gone along time ago. That is what I mean by making the coaches take they role in the bs

Well, here we have another genius, the Hatches are not doing the booster or involved in the program anymore. they are regular fans like rest of us. They never talked to Walker or any coaches in the past about players or strategy and have never been in their ear, EVER! If you think this problem is the Hatches your an idiot!

Stop spewing your venom about people you don’t know, the Hatches gave more to our program then anyone ever did at Franklin. Go be a hater as you haven’t done anything for any program.I’m happy to put you in contact with the Hatches, they can set you straight to your lack of understanding. Put your money where your mouth is....

The main problem is the coaching, kids don’t trust them and won’t play for ego coaches. These coaches belittle the kids, they scream at them constantly. The coaches think it’s a player and parent problem and never look in the mirror. This is the real truth and this is why you get the same results year over year. There are other problems that impact Franklin football but we don’t have time for that today.

KLyles should have gone to El Dorado, Montwood, Pebble Hills or Del Valle instead of Franklin.

I agree 100%, he's a division 1 prospect for sure. Word on the street is that Franklin will be losing him next year. Del Valle, Montwood, El Dorado, Chapin, one of you all should be getting ready to receive one of the best wide outs in the city. He's ranked top 20 in the 2019 class in Texas!

Chad
I agree 100%, he's a division 1 prospect for sure. Word on the street is that Franklin will be losing him next year. Del Valle, Montwood, El Dorado, Chapin, one of you all should be getting ready to receive one of the best wide outs in the city. He's ranked top 20 in the 2019 class in Texas!

He is a D1 player but with these coaches he will always be an average player that could have really been special somewhere if he was to stay at Franklin. Alot of those kids deserved a fair chance at a good school but they do not help the kids. Just like KG. He is a beast but for 1 he is put in a bad position for him not to be successful. Him and James #5 should have been at safety but for coaches that is really horrible they put him at outside LB. That is why they will never have a good program again.

The Real Truth
Well, here we have another genius, the Hatches are not doing the booster or involved in the program anymore. they are regular fans like rest of us. They never talked to Walker or any coaches in the past about players or strategy and have never been in their ear, EVER! If you think this problem is the Hatches your an idiot!

Stop spewing your venom about people you don’t know, the Hatches gave more to our program then anyone ever did at Franklin. Go be a hater as you haven’t done anything for any program.I’m happy to put you in contact with the Hatches, they can set you straight to your lack of understanding. Put your money where your mouth is....

The main problem is the coaching, kids don’t trust them and won’t play for ego coaches. These coaches belittle the kids, they scream at them constantly. The coaches think it’s a player and parent problem and never look in the mirror. This is the real truth and this is why you get the same results year over year. There are other problems that impact Franklin football but we don’t have time for that today.

I agree with you 110%. The Hatches has never got involved the coaches or even said anything to them. I have spoke to Trent and Travis about have they said anything to them and they always said no. So whoever the smart guy that think they involved with what is going on is just ignorant. To be honest they probably should take over because at least they egos is not so far up there buttocks to where they will listen to the kids.
That is why alot of the kids is trying to leave because they don't wanna play for them and I don't blame them. It's a shame that some of the kids that is a senior have to go out like this when some of them deserve more.
Let's just face the facts the coaches SUCK!!!I don't even know if they even know how to film study the right way. That is why they need to be relieved of there jobs.

I'm just here eating my popcorn reading this funny stuff before EP Gridiron deletes it.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m