EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Franklin vs. Coronado (Playoff spot) (Must win game)

Who will win? .. Who are the key players to look out for? What is you're prediction?

Re: Franklin vs. Coronado (Playoff spot) (Must win game)

Tick Tock

Cougars 38
T-Birds 24

Like ClockWork!

Franklin WR Khatib Lyles has had a strong past few weeks with Gabe Stonewall out. Lyles might not be the fastest kid in the city, but he looks like a legit FBS prospect as a junior. Seth Dominguez needs a bounce back game, and Taj Crenshaw has also played well as of late. QB play has been terrible between Chris Kelley and Matt Heifner Franklin doesn't defense very well but Juan Ruvacalba is a name to watch along the D-line.

Coronado has one of the best play makers in 1-6A in Jose Luis Herrera, Slaughter has been disappointing and so has Julian Madrid. Donatelli will have to play mistake free football and create some plays himself for the T-Birds, and their defense can't afford any injuries or coverage busts because Franklin will throw vertically and has the better offensive talent.

Could be a typical 1-6A shootout with a great rivalry atmosphere, wish this would turn into a home-and-home instead of playing at the Sun Bowl.

Franklin has a slight edge with their play makers like Crenshaw, Lyles, and Seth D.

Franklin 48 Coronado 41

It's a must win for both but more so for Franklin cause they still have Americas after this game. Americas is struggling but they can still be dangerous on the field. Coronado has Socorro after this game.

Franklin 28 Coronado 24

Without that norz kid out at receiver for coronado it's going to be hard coronado to really do anything especially with the run!!!! I have also noticed that he is a good receiver yes I know he doesn't have that many yards receiving this season or last season but in my opinion he is good!! So now it's having coronado to bring in people that have hardly played or have J Lu Angelo slaughter Madrid and company having to carry the extra load for this game!! The defense for coronado is going to have to step up like big time!!!!

They will be fine Franklin is missing #2 at receiver as well as #5 at safety

Both of those kids will be out there for tonight's game . #5 James was out cuz of wrestling and #2 Gabe is coming back from an injury.
Should be a great game tonight and good luck to both Coronado and Franklin.

It seems nobody cares about this game. The Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills game has stolen all the thunder.

Football Enthusiast
It seems nobody cares about this game. The Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills game has stolen all the thunder.

This game hasn't had any spark for years. Franklin has been blowing Coronado away by double digits for the past few years. Honestly I don't see this game as a rivarly anymore. So even if Montwood and Pebble Hills weren't playing today this Franklin and Coronado game would not be getting any attention.

UpperValley
Football Enthusiast

This game hasn't had any spark for years. Franklin has been blowing Coronado away by double digits for the past few years. Honestly I don't see this game as a rivarly anymore. So even if Montwood and Pebble Hills weren't playing today this Franklin and Coronado game would not be getting any attention.

If Coronado can shut down Seth Dominguez, they will win. If not Franklin will win. Coronado's RBBC has hurt them all year. However, either Coronado running back can hurt you on the ground. Madrid is much bigger, but Slaughter can hurt you through the air as well. I see a close battle. Franklin 38-28 over the birds.

Close game I have Birds by 2 scores.

Congratulations T Birds!!

The T-Birds won.

What happened to Slaughter? Did not see him play a down gor Coronado. I saw him on the sideline late in the game.

True
What happened to Slaughter? Did not see him play a down gor Coronado. I saw him on the sideline late in the game.

He hurt his knee!!!!

Season ending?

True
Season ending?

No it's a sprain

Franklin still loses after having a 11 point lead.

Time for a total and complete coaching overhaul

Westwind
Franklin still loses after having a 11 point lead.

Time for a total and complete coaching overhaul

That's true that Franklin was up 11 on Coronado which was 21-7 but before that Franklin was up 14-0.

True

They played well without him, but never did establish the run. Madrid coughed it up for the second week in a row at a critical time. The playmakers saved the day at Coronado. Good job Angelo and Jlu!

Is this the first time, that Coronado beats Franklin and denies them a playoff spot??

1 2 3
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m