EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top 5 running backs in the city

I don't see any of our cities running backs receiving their due diligence. Its always about the QB position. What do you all think?

Re: Top 5 running backs in the city

Honestly it is because the majority of offenses out there are centered around the QB you have. The days of running the ball 70-80% of the time are over so that makes the QB more relevant. And it is not just spread offenses. Even pro style offenses are starting to be more revolved around your QB. The running back from Andress is pretty good and just by reading on the forums the kid from Pebble Hills is really making a name for himself this season. Also I believe the kids from Franklin and Coronado are doing pretty well this season. Sorry I don't know their names.

Completely agree. So let's talk standout running backs. I agree, the kid from Andress is a stud. Both backs are studs. I saw some highlights on Pebble Hills back and yes...kid has flare. That entire team is explosive. Of course Mr. Zubiate from Chapin is no slouch. He's like that extra huge RB you create on Madden and set him with 99overall.Lol. Just always been a fan of the running game.

Wow!

It took the fourth post in this thread for someone to mention Parkland’s Deion Hankins.

Honesty, he’s probably Number 1, 2 and 3 in the city.

BigHecIII
Wow!

It took the fourth post in this thread for someone to mention Parkland’s Deion Hankins.

Deion already gets a lot of pub from the media let the fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, cousins, girlfriends throw their kids names in here. Don't be selfish

1. Deion Hankins - Parkland
2. Caleb Gerber - Pebble hills
3. Seth Dominguez - Franklin
4. Dorian Lewis - Andress
5. Javier Arellano - Canutillo
6. Ezekiel Jones - Eastlake

Maybe a little biased :)

Parkland has two good running backs not only Deion but also #24 Mikko obonan

1. Deion PHS(really hope he bounces back after the injury)
2. Dorian AHS (such great vision and grit)
3. Caleb PHHS(extremely quick and also great vision)
4. Seth FHS(just an all around stud)
5. Zubiate CHS(size matters!!!)

BigHecIII
Wow!

Come on man that's implied haha. Hankins is in a class of his own.

1) Hankins
2) Dorian Lewis
3) Dominguez
4) Gerber
5) Zubiate

SixFoKilla
I don't see any of our cities running backs receiving their due diligence. Its always about the QB position. What do you all think?

First off not trying to be picky but you need to learn what due diligence means.

next the list:

1. Hankins
2. hankins
3. hank ins
4. Hankin's
5. that other kid...

Okay...pero me entendieron!!! NEXT!!!

https://youtu.be/tAsx0DjGAjA

BIG TIME
https://youtu.be/tAsx0DjGAjA

Hadn't seen this. Thanks for sharing

Gerber and Hankins are both Juniors. Next season will be even more explosive for both players. Also Montwoods #23 has the tools to be a really good one as well. He is a sophomore.
As far as this seasons its a Hankins/Gerber 1/2.
By the way who told Chapin that they are allowed to have a locomotive play RB? I remember that man-child from youth football, if I am not mistaken.

Hankins is a grown man hands down. Humble kid great work ethic, the next edric Benson.

Gerber can run, especially behind that offensive line, that's why he plays the position. Is he a complete back though, the jury should still be out. can he catch out of the backfield, does he block effectively?

Dorian Lewis is only a sophomore and plays in a pass first system yet is still averaging 9.3 yards per carry. Do some research.

Zubiate is just big, he won't play RB at the next level cause he's too slow. Almost 0 lateral ability but he's a bull in the open field. Very lazy in pass protection, but a monster on the goal line(He should be Chapin's MLB or DE) forget what benefits the player.

Franklin RB what's his name again....

Hastobesaid
Hankins is a grown man hands down. Humble kid great work ethic, the next edric Benson.

Gerber can run, especially behind that offensive line, that's why he plays the position. Is he a complete back though, the jury should still be out. can he catch out of the backfield, does he block effectively?

Dorian Lewis is only a sophomore and plays in a pass first system yet is still averaging 9.3 yards per carry. Do some research.

Zubiate is just big, he won't play RB at the next level cause he's too slow. Almost 0 lateral ability but he's a bull in the open field. Very lazy in pass protection, but a monster on the goal line(He should be Chapin's MLB or DE) forget what benefits the player.

I am not sure if you have seen PHHS games but Gerber does catch the ball out of the backfield as well as a slot receiver. You'll also see him block on screens as well. since it is a spread he does not do any lead blocking. I would ask the same questions of all of a teams leading rusher.

All this talk about Gerber. He is talented everyone knows this but he needs to hit the weight room everyday and build on his mass. He needs to get to 195lbs to 200lbs this coming offseason for if he doesn't no D1 program is going to offer him.

Hastobesaid

Seth Dominguez & he's one of the best all-around backs in the city. Last I checked #3 in rushing yards in the district.

Spitfire
All this talk about Gerber. He is talented everyone knows this but he needs to hit the weight room everyday and build on his mass. He needs to get to 195lbs to 200lbs this coming offseason for if he doesn't no D1 program is going to offer him.

Totally disagree. He has speed and great hands he does not have to play RB in college. Next thing is because of schools nutrition and lifting they'll put weight on him while he gets faster. My nephew went to Nebraska as a 185lb WR out of Hanks. They put 25lbs on his frame. Also Caleb is still growing some of that will come on him naturally. Biggest thing is he is a terrific student so colleges will take a look at him because he will not be a liability in the classroom, at any level of football.
Texas tech was scouting the game on Friday. One of their leading receivers is 5-10 170lbs. remember Edward Britton was not much bigger than Gerber and he went to TT and became one of their best receivers along with Crabtree and Amendola. Bottom line is he puts in the work in the classroom and weight-room prayerfully stays injury free on the field and schools at all levels will look at him.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m