EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top 5 WRs in the city

I saw someone posted about RBs because the hype is always around the QBs so lets keep it going! Who do you have as the top 5 WRs in the city!

Re: Top 5 WRs in the city

When people post this they want to see if there kid is going to be mentioned lol. Imho there ks only 1 wr that I think is actually good that's andrus, but that depends on how you classify avena from eastlake. There are a bunch of solid guys though. But best only goes to avena and andrus

I had a hard time ranking only 5. Lot of good receivers out there. I give the nod to the 6A guys & I don't go off stats alone.

1. Tyrees Andress - Montwood
2. Jose Herrera - Coronado
3. Kevin Averette - Pebble Hills
4. Dequan Henderson - Parkland
5. Haredt Gonzalez - Pebble Hills
6. Anthony Baird - Chapin
7. Robert Minjarez - Eastwood

I had a hard time ranking only 5. Lot of good receivers out there. I give the nod to the 6A guys & I don't go off stats alone.

1. Tyrees Andrus - Montwood

Spartandad

Averette is 3rd best wr on ph team 14 and 15 are better by far.

Spartandad

Rankings are a matter of opinion. Post your own.

Spartandad
Spartandad

1- Andrus- Montwood
2- Avina- Eastlake
3- #3 from Del Valle
4- Blanco- Hanks
5- Henderson- Parkland

Falconite
Spartandad
Spartandad

1- Andrus- Montwood
2- Avina- Eastlake
3- #3 from Del Valle
4- Blanco- Hanks
5- Henderson- Parkland

In case you did not know here is a bit of history Andrus, Avina, and Blanco all played for the Horizon Falcons and Andrus and Avina where part of the little bowl team they had a great coach.

Spartandad
Spartandad

Some opinions are alot better than others and more professional and most importantly free of bias.

Scout
Spartandad
Spartandad

Some opinions are alot better than others and more professional and most importantly free of bias.

But Scout my mijo is the most talented, the best in the city, has amazing statistics and should rank higher than all the other players at his position.

Scout
Spartandad
Spartandad

You hit the nail on the head---------FREE OF BIAS

1. Montwood - Tyreese Andrus
2. Franklin - Khatib Lyles
3. Eastlake - Ivan Avina
4. Parkland - De'Quan Henderson
5. Eastwood - Robert Minjarez

Spartandad

1. Tyrees Andrus - Montwood

Baird is the QB, you mean McKeever....Beat Montwood

1 Andrus- Montwood
2 Gardiner-Del Valle
3 Lyles- Franklin
4 Wolfe-Pebble Hills
T5 Herrera- Coronado
T5 McCoy- El Dorado

Hulk2017
Spartandad

1. Tyreese Andrus - Montwood

Baird is the QB, you mean McKeever....Beat Montwood

Your right, I meant Mckeever

I think "Stats" are misleading when it comes to who is on top of who at the WR position or who is a better WR overall since you need good passes to catch and you need good OL to let the passes not be rushed and be on target.
WR positions are dependent on others to shine unlike other positions. You can play as a DE or DB on the crappiest team and still have amazing stats if you are really good but you cant have great stats as a WR as good as you might be with out a decent or good QB or OL.
Based on stats the lists above are pretty accurate, but I would love to see these kids competing in the all star combine to see where they really are compared to each other using the same level of QB and covered by the same level of corners.
I think the list would change quite a bit IMHO!

Well said!

intrigued
I think "Stats" are misleading when it comes to who is on top of who at the WR position or who is a better WR overall since you need good passes to catch and you need good OL to let the passes not be rushed and be on target.
WR positions are dependent on others to shine unlike other positions. You can play as a DE or DB on the crappiest team and still have amazing stats if you are really good but you cant have great stats as a WR as good as you might be with out a decent or good QB or OL.
Based on stats the lists above are pretty accurate, but I would love to see these kids competing in the all star combine to see where they really are compared to each other using the same level of QB and covered by the same level of corners.

WOW this has to be a bitter parent !Here's the truth if you sons a playmaker he will find away to make plays!Look at the Recivers from Eldo for instance We all know Barfield is the best Athlete in the city but he's not a great throwing QB the have some successful WR s.First off with out stats how will they be invited to the combine???2nd A scout would never offer on combine stats alone !!Parents if your on here to say it's the Qb' s or lines fault its you thats the problem for giving him a excuse to why he has no stats.

Stop crying and work!!!

I'm not sure I agree with you regarding his point of view. You do depend on others for the WR.
Of course you still need skills to get good stats but how can you say that having a QB like Ced or Andrew not be better for their WR stats than kids that dont?

Mr. Who
intrigued

WOW this has to be a bitter parent !Here's the truth if you sons a playmaker he will find away to make plays!Look at the Recivers from Eldo for instance We all know Barfield is the best Athlete in the city but he's not a great throwing QB the have some successful WR s.First off with out stats how will they be invited to the combine???2nd A scout would never offer on combine stats alone !!Parents if your on here to say it's the Qb' s or lines fault its you thats the problem for giving him a excuse to why he has no stats.

Stop crying and work!!!

No dog in the Varsity fight, I have a son in JV and we attended a few of the local camps and noticed a few kids in the camps that were killing it and their stats are not where I though they would be and some of the the kids with better QB's are having better stats. Again just my opinion!

WR's do need a good quarterback to have good stats. That goes hand in hand. Also, the combine is open to anyone who is a qualifying senior. However, the game is invitation only. Small colleges will talk to kids at the combine if they see what they like and they will request film on them before they decide to make an offer. Stats can help a player get to the next level, but film and grades are what really sells a kid to a college.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m