Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MONTWOOD RAMS DISTRICT 1-6A CHAMPS!

Montwood Rams I love you!!!

MONTWOOD RAMS DISTRICT 1-6A CHAMPS!!!!

Pebble Hills great game and good luck in the playoffs

Re: MONTWOOD RAMS DISTRICT 1-6A CHAMPS!

Congratulations Montwood. You boys played one h*ll of a game!!! Your community is proud of you!!

Way to go Rams. Bring on Midland hell bring on anyone!

Mike

Montwood beats Pebble and the Ref’s. Montwood Rams Champions.

NE
Mike

Montwood beats Pebble and the Ref’s. Montwood Rams Champions.

Don't start with the Ref's nonsense. Typical El Pasoan. Montwood got the close win stop thinking you are all that and a bag of chips by going after the refs. There were a lot of calls they did not call both ways. Game is over Montwood won.

I thought the refs were finally being stingy throwing out markers left and right, Pebble Hills, fought hard, critical errors cost them, both seemed matched pretty well, Rams made huge attacks on secondary while Pebble ground and pounded. We lost, someone had to, yeah it stings but by 3?? It was any teams game to win, Montwood did. We are still Sparta, glad no serious injuries for both teams, good luck rest of the season.

Final
MONTWOOD 49
PEBBLE HILLS 46

Without a doubt this was definitely the game of the year

Just saw this and found it interesting.

https://twitter.com/EP_GRIDIRON/status/925244460879024129

Out of like 600 votes hardly noone took Montwood to win by less than 8 points. Those who liked Montwood beating Pebble Hills thought Montwood was going to blowout Pebble Hills.

Only 10% of people took Montwood winning by less than 8
Only 13% of people took Pebble Hills winning less than 8

This tells us all that most everyone including myself thought either Montwood was going to blowout Pebble Hills or that Pebble Hills was going to blowout Montwood.

What's scary for our Montwood team is that despite the fumble recovery and interceptions they received they were in danger of still losing this game. As a Montwood alum and now dad of a player this concerns me much going into the TX playoffs.

CONGRATULATIONS RAMS ON A PLAYING A GREAT GAME TONIGHT. AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SPARTANS FOR NOT GIVING UP AND FIGHTING TO THE VERY END. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Both teams had their highs and lows on defense. But MW made plays on defense when it mattered the most. Overall, it was probably the best defensive game MW has played this season. Especially on that last stop on the Spartans that sealed the victory.

Rams
Both teams had their highs and lows on defense. But MW made plays on defense when it mattered the most. Overall, it was probably the best defensive game MW has played this season. Especially on that last stop on the Spartans that sealed the victory.

You're not thinking you are just overly excited because of our Rams victory.

Focus and think don't be stubborn.

Read what you posted "MW made plays on defense when it mattered most. Overall, it was probably the best defensive game MW has played this season"

Read that over and over. You posted it.

If you truly believe what you posted then why in the hell did our Rams win only 49-46? We cannot let our Rams victory and district title blind us from the fact that our Rams have problems that need fixing.

Again if it was the best defensive game MW has played this season then why the hell did our boys almost lose?

Unfortunately, I don't see much changing with the defense. The defense had their moments but what the defense really lacks is consistency. And I don't see things changing between now and the playoffs. But one thing I noticed about PHs is they ran the same plays over and over. Some of them MW was able to stop and others led to 1st downs and TDs. But at the end of the day, we did just enough to defense win.

RamDad
Rams

Again if it was the best defensive game MW has played this season then why the hell did our boys almost lose?
What???? First of all they didn’t almost lose. Second, this was the 2nd best team in the city that had been blowing everyone out week in week out.Yes, this was the Rams best defensive showing to date and I hope they continue with that tempo come playoffs. Pebble Hills is tuff and you weren’t gonna be able to shut them down completely. Montwood played a heck of a game and the defense played an even better game tonight!

RamDad
What's scary for our Montwood team is that despite the fumble recovery and interceptions they received they were in danger of still losing this game. As a Montwood alum and now dad of a player this concerns me much going into the TX playoffs.
. Then go sit on the other side.

I don't think anyone from the Rams family fathers, mothers or players would criticize the hard fought game last night. Haters just trolling go RAMS, Spartans, Aztec and T-birds. Win or lose El Paso will be proud or at least me... great job!

The final score doesn't tell the entire story, that is Montwood should have won this game by 3-4 TDs as predicted, but they missed several opportunities to score in the red zone. But it doesn't matter the margin of victory, a win is a win no matter how you look at it.

Rams
The final score doesn't tell the entire story, that is Montwood should have won this game by 3-4 TDs as predicted, but they missed several opportunities to score in the red zone. But it doesn't matter the margin of victory, a win is a win no matter how you look at it.

By reading your post it's obvious that you don't know absolutely nothing about football.

""""Montwood should have won this game by 3-4 TDs"""""<<< This is complete and utter nonsense.

Xpert
Rams

By reading your post it's obvious that you don't know absolutely nothing about football.

""""Montwood should have won this game by 3-4 TDs"""""<<< This is complete and utter nonsense.

Xpert as you should very well know the Montwood faithful are full of adrenaline after their win versus Pebble Hills and you, me and noone should fault or blame them for acting the way that they are. It was a big win for them and I enjoyed the game as I got my monies worth. And Xpert yeah some of the Montwood faithful will begin to think they know all there is to know about football and believe they have the key to being successful on the football field and off the football but again we cannot fault them as winning does this to people it plays on one's mind. Allow them to bask in their success they have earned it. I will say this though if some Montwood faithful get to cocky over this win against Pebble Hills life has a funny way of teaching people lessons down the road.

The Rams had the ball 1st and goal at the Spartans 2 yard line and head coach runs a pass that would of pit game away early but rams head coach made a bone head call other was the Rams are into the 60s

Ram Man
The Rams had the ball 1st and goal at the Spartans 2 yard line and head coach runs a pass that would of pit game away early but rams head coach made a bone head call other was the Rams are into the 60s

Pebble Hills and other teams throughout the country can play this thought process game of IF this or IF that would have happened or would have could have should have.

Cats32
RamDad
Rams

What???? First of all they didn’t almost lose. Second, this was the 2nd best team in the city that had been blowing everyone out week in week out.Yes, this was the Rams best defensive showing to date and I hope they continue with that tempo come playoffs. Pebble Hills is tuff and you weren’t gonna be able to shut them down completely. Montwood played a heck of a game and the defense played an even better game tonight!

They did almost lose. SPARTANS had the ball with over 2 min left and a big play offense. Unfortunately they did nothing with the ball but look confused. This was far from a walk off game.

HOUNDS 93
Cats32
RamDad
Rams

They did almost lose. SPARTANS had the ball with over 2 min left and a big play offense. Unfortunately they did nothing with the ball but look confused. This was far from a walk off game.
No Bill they didn't!! It was all under control. Part of the master plan.... lol!!

HOUNDS 93
Cats32
RamDad
Rams

Not almost. Shoulda, coulda, woulda! Like you say the Spartans had the ball with the last 2 min of the game and didn’t do anything. The Rams could’ve also scored 2 more times easily but they didn’t. For us that knows this team they weren’t losing last night, that’s why I questioned the almost. Great game though, it’s what Friday Night Lights is all about.

You and the rest of your PHs faithful are all full of yourselves and a bunch of hypocrits. If the tables were turned you would be bragging on the forum non-stop and putting down the Rams. But guess what? You LOST and will probably LOSE to the Aztecs next week as well. This game proved that playing dirty and counting on the refs to make calls in your favor doesn't always lead to victory. All I saw from PHs players after the game was TEARS. So you can keep your so-called Xpert opinion to yourself. Montwood is the better team and like I said before we should have won by at least 4 TDs. PHs is all hype!!!

Williams
Just saw this and found it interesting.

https://twitter.com/EP_GRIDIRON/status/925244460879024129

Out of like 600 votes hardly noone took Montwood to win by less than 8 points. Those who liked Montwood beating Pebble Hills thought Montwood was going to blowout Pebble Hills.

Only 10% of people took Montwood winning by less than 8
Only 13% of people took Pebble Hills winning less than 8

This tells us all that most everyone including myself thought either Montwood was going to blowout Pebble Hills or that Pebble Hills was going to blowout Montwood.

I saw that over at EPG's twitter. Seems practically noone out of the 616 voters believed the Montwood and Pebble Hills game was going to be by less than a 8 point game. So whomever believed or said before the game that Montwood was forsure a lock and easy win against Pebble hills was lying through his or her teeth because the proof is right there 616 votes and a mere 10 percent of voters which breaksdown to about only 60 people out of the 616 believed it was going to come down to the wire were right.

Rams
You and the rest of your PHs faithful are all full of yourselves and a bunch of hypocrits. If the tables were turned you would be bragging on the forum non-stop and putting down the Rams. But guess what? You LOST and will probably LOSE to the Aztecs next week as well. This game proved that playing dirty and counting on the refs to make calls in your favor doesn't always lead to victory. All I saw from PHs players after the game was TEARS. So you can keep your so-called Xpert opinion to yourself. Montwood is the better team and like I said before we should have won by at least 4 TDs. PHs is all hype!!!

Wow, takes a big person to bash young men on this forum. You should be proud of yourself. Playing dirty? This game was tough for both sides. Of course you saw tears from both teams. This game was full of emotion and heart. I will say one thing you are right about, if the game had went the other way, you would see PH faithful talking **** instead of the Montwood faithful. Why don't you show some class and take your win with some dignity.

Rams

What dirty plays? Really? I would call it out if there were and I didn't see any. BOTH teams played good hard hitting entertaining football. All hype? Another REALLY? Also kids crying is called passion and they busted their butts. MHS made the crucial plays when they needed. Congratulations to the RAMS.

Cats32
HOUNDS 93
Cats32
RamDad
Rams

Not almost. Shoulda, coulda, woulda! Like you say the Spartans had the ball with the last 2 min of the game and didn’t do anything. The Rams could’ve also scored 2 more times easily but they didn’t. For us that knows this team they weren’t losing last night, that’s why I questioned the almost. Great game though, it’s what Friday Night Lights is all about.

And PHHS could've had a 2 TD lead in the first qtr. Or its a OT game if they make their PATs. Point is don't make it sound like this was a runaway game.

Hognasty
I thought the refs were finally being stingy throwing out markers left and right, Pebble Hills, fought hard, critical errors cost them, both seemed matched pretty well, Rams made huge attacks on secondary while Pebble ground and pounded. We lost, someone had to, yeah it stings but by 3?? It was any teams game to win, Montwood did. We are still Sparta, glad no serious injuries for both teams, good luck rest of the season.
Sparta ? All 300 Spartans died. Not a good comparison.

RamDad
. I understand your concern, unfortunately the pass was deflected and Intercepted. If not it would have been a Win by 10 points. Our Defense came up with stops and very important ones. You guys want shut outs or wins by 50 points plus. It takes a Team to win.

Rams
RamDad
. I understand your concern, unfortunately the pass was deflected and Intercepted. If not it would have been a Win by 10 points. Our Defense came up with stops and very important ones. You guys want shut outs or wins by 50 points plus. It takes a Team to win.

Unbelievable that you are still with IF THIS or THAT would have happened. Stop already with that nonsense. I and others can say the same thing IF THIS or THAT would have happened Pebble Hills would have won by 20 or 30. IF THIS or THAT would have happened Eastlake would have beat Del Valle by 10. IF THIS or THAT happened Franklin would have beaten Coronado by 21.

Really stop that nonsense.

CO
CO
CO
CO
CO
Co-DISTRICT champs!!! Correction POLICE- you’ve been served.

Well dayumm!! Congratulations Eastwood. You guys came in with a heck of a game plan and executed it well. No excuses. Good job

SliderKid

Stand up for the champions

Eastsider
Stand up for the champions

Technically Montwood are still Champions they are simply sharing it with El Dorado. Montwood and El Dorado are Champions. Eastwood on the other hand is not sharing anything with anyone as they did not win anything and are not even going to the playoffs.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m