EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Andress vs Chapin

Firstly, congratulations to Montwood for winning the game of the year by far. Was very entertaining and well lived up to.

Regarding next week we have Andress vs Chapin for the inaugural district 1-5A championship. Seems like it’s always these two teams year after year. Both teams are undefeated in district.

Chapin just came from behind and beat Burges 27-24 after seemingly dominating the entire game. Chapin also hung tough and beat Austin 19-14 earlier this year. Chapin also beat Jefferson 56-13 recently.

Andress just beat Austin 34-14 after leading 31-0 at halftime tonight. Andress beat Burges 51-7 last week. Andress also beat Jefferson 61-0 earlier this year.

These few games were the more recent games for both teams just used as a comparative. These two teams play close most games they play and are always the battle for the NE. Any predictions and players to look out for? Chime in if you please!

Re: Andress vs Chapin

I wouldn't base this game on past scores. I'm not saying you were, I am just saying that when Andress and Chapin play they always give each other their best game. I think the difference in this game is going to be Andress' O-line. They have struggled against the blitz in the past and Chapin is very good at blitzing. Andress has enough playmakers at the skill positions, but their line is going to have to play their best game. It will also be interesting to see both defenses go up against such high powered offenses. Should be a great game and I can't wait to see how it turns out! I have Andress by 5 or less.

I just love the way these two teams bring it. They both come out to play and play hard. I give Chapin the edge on offense. I definitely have to give Andress the edge on defense. #14ahs has become an exceptional corner as well as the hard hitting safety #5ahs. It's going to be a great matchup. Mistake free football will get the win in this one. I got Andress over Chapin in a close one. There is some great football coming out of the northeast this week. GAME OF THE WEEK.

Andress don't let the Chapin and Burges final score fool you and don't go comparing what happened with Andress against Burges. Chapin coaches love to do this nonsense against teams to get you overly confident among other things. Sure this eventually comes back and bites Chapin in the butt in big games like in the first round of the playoffs but Andress do not for whatever reason take Chapin lightly and don't comparing what happened between Chapin and Burges and Andress and Burges.

Like the Montwood and Pebble Hills game this Chapin and Andress game is one that I will not miss and like the Montwood and Pebble Hills game I hope I get my monies worth especially the mileage and gas I will be putting on my truck driving to the northeast.

Juco
Like the Montwood and Pebble Hills game this Chapin and Andress game is one that I will not miss and like the Montwood and Pebble Hills game I hope I get my monies worth especially the mileage and gas I will be putting on my truck driving to the northeast.

Well don’t drive to the Northeast....lol

Hulk2017
Juco

I have to drive as I don't know how to fly or transport my physical body only using my mind.

Juco
Hulk2017
Juco

I have to drive as I don't know how to fly or transport my physical body only using my mind.

Lol

Really wish this game would be played at the Sun Bowl or somewhere else, Irvin's field has terrible lighting and it's a straight dump, but oh well.

Andress' defense will be the difference, their speed, depth, and size mixed with the solid coaching they have on defense has improved their unit since Pebble Hills rolled them. If the Andress defense of the past few weeks shows up, Chapin will have to get creative and play mistake free. Baird is a gamer, he and McKeever beat Burges in the last four mins on Friday.

We'll see how the Andress O-line holds up for their talented RB's against Chapin DT #32 Lama Levea he looks like a legit FBS prospect as a nose or 3-tech, should be a really fun game.

Prediction

Chapin 42 Andress 24

Loser of this game comes down to visit Conquest Stadium. Can’t wait!

LVDad
Loser of this game comes down to visit Conquest Stadium. Can’t wait!

Be patient our boyz will get to you and your team and beat you soon.

Kickoff is here...

Got your live updates. Chapin will receive the kick

Chapin with a three and out punting to Andress

Andress scores on a 64 yard run.
On their second play from scrimmage.

Kick is good.

Andress 7
Chapin 0

10:36 1st qtr

Turnover on downs at the 15

Andress ball

Andress with a 28 yard touchdown rush.

Andress 14
Chapin 0

4:11 1st qtr

Chapin going for it on 4th down and 4 at the 46

Incomplete

Turnover on downs.

End of the 1st

Andress 14
Chapin 0

Andress ball 3rd and 38

On the 46

Andress punting to Chapin

Chapin starts the drive on the 8

Chapin scores on 14 yard pass

Two point conversion no good

Andress 14
Chapin 6

5:45 2nd qtr

Andress scores on anoitger long rush.

Andress 21
Chapin 6

3:33 2nd qtr

Halftime

Andress 21
Chapin 6

Long halftime.

Senior night

Andress tricks Chapin’s D with the fake punt in 4th and 5

1st down Andress.

One yard Andress rush for the touchdown. Set up by a 49 yard pass.

Andress 28
Chapin 6

7:43 3rd qtr

Chapin relying on a rushing game that’s just not effective at this point.....

59 yard pass followed by a 13 yard touchdown pass

Andress 28
Chapin 12

Two point conversion no good.

5:31 3rd qtr

Andress with a 57 yard touchdown run

Andress 35
Chapin 12

4:46 3rd qtr

End of the third

Andress 35
Chapin 12

Chapin ball on the Eagle 19

1st and 10

19 yard touchdown pass to McKeever

Andress 35
Chapin 20

Two point conversion is good

11:51 4th qtr

5 yard Andress touchdown run.

Andress 42
Chapin 20

10:00 4th qtr

Looks like Chapin is done. Poorly thrown interception

Andress ball

8:17 4th qtr

Andress with a 2 yard TD rush

Andress 48
Chapin 20

Chapin picks up fumbled snap on extra point and runs it back

Andress 48
Chapin 22

These games are fun to watch. Unless they go at least three deep with the relent they have, these games are meaningless.

In the playoffs.

Andress recovers onside kick

Andress ball on 31

3:20 4th qtr

Out of towner
These games are fun to watch. Unless they go at least three deep with the relent they have, these games are meaningless.

Your comment is meaningless, but thank you though.

Of course they are. So will a season ending in the second round.

Final score

Andress 48
Chapin 22

Out of towner
Of course they are. So will a season ending in the second round.

Looks like we will just have to wait and see. Obviously this is the most important thing in your life because you had to come to another towns forum to post this so I apologize for your mediocre life. Since this is the only thing you have in your life, I would like to wish your team luck in the playoffs.

So Andreas was indeed the better team.

Chapin will see Del Valle @ DV next week
Andress will host Bel Air I presume?
Should be a fun week next week. Of course I have my two NE schools winning with Chapin “shocking” Del Valle.

Was at the game tonight and Chapin should have stayed at home. Play calling was terrible. Defense made no adjustments at half. These coaches couldn't even get a job for the northeast raiders.....Del Valke will beat them by 3 touchdowns or more.

Northeaster
Was at the game tonight and Chapin should have stayed at home. Play calling was terrible. Defense made no adjustments at half. These coaches couldn't even get a job for the northeast raiders.....Del Valke will beat them by 3 touchdowns or more.

Who is Del Valke. Is that a new school in the socorro district?

Chris
Prediction

Chapin 42 Andress 24

48-23 Andress

I think that might be the most points Chapin has allowed to an El Paso team in it’s history.

I'd highly discourage you to play the lottery, or ever consider a career as a meteorologist.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m