EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WEEK:11 (3-6) EASTWOOD TROOPERS VS. (9-0) MONTWOOD RAMS

These two teams have matched up well over the years. And for those in doubt the Troopers are a much better team then what their record shows so I expect to see a good game. GO RAMS

Re: WEEK:11 (3-6) EASTWOOD TROOPERS VS. (9-0) MONTWOOD RAMS

No the troopers aren't and this is a walk in the park for montwood.

Will be interesting to see how Montwood approaches this game. Will they rest starters since playoff spots are set or do they play for the undefeated regular season. For Eastwood this is their playoff game since they are done after this one.

they will embarrass eastwood. 55-21 this will be Lopez last game.

Hopefully they can put this game away early and pull the starters to end undefeated. But if they decide to sit them from the beginning I’d understand, but we still need to play to win. Eastwood can still be a dangerous team.

Play to win because remember they'll be considered Co-District Champs even though they beat PHHS and El Dorado, if they have they lose. I don't agree with that but they do not use head to head. So get the "W" and like Cats32 said jump on them early and then rest starters. FEED #23!!! Remember Gerber had 6 rushing TD's vs Troopers

If Montwood barely beats Eastwood by 1 to 10 points and Pebble Hills blows out El Dorado I bet EPG will drop Montwood from #1 and Pebble Hills will be #1 again. EPG is nasty like that.

So Rams kickass!!! Keep the pedal to the metal!!!

I agree...play to win! Gerber is a beast and I didn't know he's only a junior. But now that MW has had all weekend to celebrate their win against PHs, it's time to get back to business. If I were them, I wouldn't take the Troopers lightly. And I'm sure they would like to close the season out with a win. But if MW plays like they have all season, their offense should put up plenty of points.

Eastwood 41 Montwood 21

Great job Troopers!

Montwood
Three words

Swiss cheese

Eastwood is probably celebrating as if they won the Super Bowl

News flash
Eastwoods season is over no playoffs

Oscar

News flash

No one is celebrating anything. We know our season is over. No big deal.

Embrassing none the less

Did Montwood pull their starters? I'm not trying to be a smart a**, and I didn't attend the game.

EP_Man
Embrassing none the less

Really??? Are you Eastwood followers really that overjoyed with this win??? I'm being honest because that win does nothing. Eastwood is not going to the playoffs. Their season is over. Eastwood is done. Go focus on basketball or something.

What's more embarassing is Eastwood's 4 wins and 6 BIG LOSSES. If that wasn't embarrassing enough Eastwood is missing the playoffs again just like last year.

So Eastwood stop embarrassing yourself as if Eastwood has more wins than losses cause they don't. Stop embarrassing yourself as if Eastwood is going to the playoffs cause they are not again just like last year.

Embarrassing when alot of Eastwood followers at the beginning of the season thought Eastwood was going to win district and go to the playoffs with the best quarterback in the world and the best coaches in the world and neither one of those were achieved. Embarrassing.

Hey everybody Eastwood beat Montwood does that mean Eastwood gets a share of the district title and are going to the Texas state playoffs?

NOPE

Montwood had their starters in from start to finish.

Observer
Montwood had their starters in from start to finish.

Hey look everybody it is Observer. Glad you're back. I've been wondering where you and other Eastwood fanatics have been. Hey hopefully Eastwood carries that momentum from beating Montwood and wins some more games. Oops sorry I forgot season is over for Eastwood.

Looks like a 4-6 team just exposed Montwood and showed how to beat them. Looked like the Troopers had a man in #4's face all night long and were on a rotation. Offensively, you are not keeping up with the Ram offense, so you beat them by controlling the clock which is what Eastwood did.

Yes, Eastwood's season is over but this win has done more than made Montwood 9-1. It has knocked the air out of Montwood and it's shown Midland a way to beat them.

Unfortunately, I don't see any 6A teams winning next week. Sad time to be an El Paso fan

Montwood loses momentum after loss to eastwood and loses in the first round. Them comes and takes a seat right next to us and watches as the Texas high school playoffs move on with out them, like we don’t already know the outcome. We have bragging rights and it’s feels great to ruin an undefeated season. Good luck montwood but we’re keeping ur seat warm.

You don't play down to someone's level. It's should have been a shootout or a blowout in favor of Montwood. Montwood played down to Eastwood level or they were looking ahead to playoffs.

I didn't see San Angelo Central HS benching it's players and losing to 2-4 (district play) Tascosa HS last night?

Or Odessa Permian benching it's players and losing to a 3-3 Midland Lee HS?

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME no matter who you're opponent is.

Hey Montwood, how does that humble pie taste? Oh nevermind, even after an embarrassing loss you guys find ways to be arrogant.

Truth
Hey Montwood, how does that humble pie taste? Oh nevermind, even after an embarrassing loss you guys find ways to be arrogant.
Embarrassing yes! Arrogant No. The pie actually tastes great. Truth be told Eastwood executed a very good game plan. Did Montwood overlook them, maybe who knows, but The Troopers played a heck of a game by controlling the clock. Montwood didn’t capitalize on some key plays like 3 seconds left before the half, ball on the 1/2 yard line QB sneak to score and we fumble or the onside kick we successfully completed on that didn’t result to any points. Eastwood kept the defense in the field most of the game and although they held their own fairly well, our weakest point was the secondary that allowed Eastwood to convert on 3rd & 10’s with quick short passesto keep the drive alive. Crucial mistakes for Montwood and crucial plays made for Eastwood. The best team won last night and as much as it pains me to say it, congratulations to the Troopers. Now on to focusing on Midland next week. Go Rams!!!

Fan
Oscar

News flash

No one is celebrating anything. We know our season is over. No big deal.

We are celebrating ending a difficult season on a high note as any team would. Montwood had a great season...congrats on being Co-District Champs. The fact still remains that Eastwood won last night and Montwood was not expecting that at all. That was evidenced by the fact that you were already announcing yourselves as District Champs before the game even started. Be good sports. Acknowledge the fact that you were outplayed last night by a team you thought couldn't even come close to you. Every team enters the season hoping that they will be the team to make playoffs. If you don't believe in your team and their abilities why even bother playing for them? Yup, adversity hit this year. But we walked off the field from our final game with our heads held high.

Cats32
Truth
Embarrassing yes! Arrogant No. The pie actually tastes great. Truth be told Eastwood executed a very good game plan. Did Montwood overlook them, maybe who knows, but The Troopers played a heck of a game by controlling the clock. Montwood didn’t capitalize on some key plays like 3 seconds left before the half, ball on the 1/2 yard line QB sneak to score and we fumble or the onside kick we successfully completed on that didn’t result to any points. Eastwood kept the defense in the field most of the game and although they held their own fairly well, our weakest point was the secondary that allowed Eastwood to convert on 3rd & 10’s with quick short passesto keep the drive alive. Crucial mistakes for Montwood and crucial plays made for Eastwood. The best team won last night and as much as it pains me to say it, congratulations to the Troopers. Now on to focusing on Midland next week. Go Rams!!!
Simply Eastwood Coaches out Coached Montwood Coaches.

This game is over Eastwood played a great game. Playoffs next Thursday at the SAC. Good luck to all teams in the playoffs.

A
Simply Eastwood Coaches out Coached Montwood Coaches.

That is the truth Eastwood coaches out coached Montwood coaches but what is also the truth is

Midland Christian coaches out coached Eastwood coaches.
Permian coaches out coached Eastwood coaches.
El Dorado coaches out coached Eastwood coaches.
Franklin coaches out coached Eastwood coaches.
Coronado coaches out coached Eastwood coaches.
Pebble Hills coaches out coached Eastwood coaches.

That is a whole lot of coaches out coaching Eastwood coaches.

Trooper
Acknowledge the fact that you were outplayed last night by a team you thought couldn't even come close to you. Every team enters the season hoping that they will be the team to make playoffs. If you don't believe in your team and their abilities why even bother playing for them? Yup, adversity hit this year. But we walked off the field from our final game with our heads held high.

Hanks and Austin also walked off the field from their final game with their heads held high.

Eastwood followers also have to acknowledge and not let the win blind them from the truth which is that Eastwood was outplayed by Midland Christian, Permian, El Dorado, Franklin, Coronado and Pebble Hills. That's whole lot of being outplayed by so many teams. Eastwood can't forget the other truth that Eastwood and their followers entered the season hoping they would win district and make the playoffs and they did not even come close. Don't let the win cloud the truth of all the losses for if you do it will repeat and repeat.

Eastwood missed the playoffs again.

If you tag me as a hater that's ok as I understand people with the El Paso menality do not like to be told truth. Not everyone can handle the truth.

The truth is Montwood played their starters the whole game. They played for an undefeated season and lost by 3 touchdowns. If Eastwood would of lost, everybody would be killing them right now. Montwood loses to a 3-6 team and there are only excuses. Montwoods defense is terrible. All 6A teams will be out after week 1. Coronado and Pebble are going to get killed. El do and Montwood will lose in some high scoring games. Sorry Montwood enjoy sharing championships.

TheTruth
Trooper
Acknowledge the fact that you were outplayed last night by a team you thought couldn't even come close to you. Every team enters the season hoping that they will be the team to make playoffs. If you don't believe in your team and their abilities why even bother playing for them? Yup, adversity hit this year. But we walked off the field from our final game with our heads held high.

Hanks and Austin also walked off the field from their final game with their heads held high.

Eastwood followers also have to acknowledge and not let the win blind them from the truth which is that Eastwood was outplayed by Midland Christian, Permian, El Dorado, Franklin, Coronado and Pebble Hills. That's whole lot of being outplayed by so many teams. Eastwood can't forget the other truth that Eastwood and their followers entered the season hoping they would win district and make the playoffs and they did not even come close. Don't let the win cloud the truth of all the losses for if you do it will repeat and repeat.

If you tag me as a hater that's ok as I understand people with the El Paso menality do not like to be told truth. Not everyone can handle the truth.

Now that is the honest truth

TheTruth
Trooper

Good for Hanks and Austin as well! Not going to tag you as a hater at all. We know exactly how our season went. We know the reality. Never have denied it, which is part of the reason last night's victory was so sweet.

TheTruth
The truth is Montwood played their starters the whole game. They played for an undefeated season and lost by 3 touchdowns. If Eastwood would of lost, everybody would be killing them right now. Montwood loses to a 3-6 team and there are only excuses. Montwoods defense is terrible. All 6A teams will be out after week 1. Coronado and Pebble are going to get killed. El do and Montwood will lose in some high scoring games. Sorry Montwood enjoy sharing championships.

Why are you using my username. My posts must have rubbed you the wrong way if so I don't apologize as I never apologize for speaking the truth.

Now stop using my username but if you and others continue using it I understand as it tells me that truth has prevailed.

Ofcourse Montwood played for an undefeated season which team wouldn't. Come on think. If Eastwood would have lost it wouldn't matter as people all over the city had already been dogging on Eastwood way before the Montwood game.

Yes Montwoods defense is terrible that is the truth but what is also the truth is that Eastwoods defense is even worse just ask Midland Christian, Permian, El Dorado, Franklin, Coronado, and Pebble Hills all who beat Eastwood this year.

You say that all 6A teams will be out after week 1. Well it hasn't happened so that is not the truth yet but what is the truth is that Eastwood did not even make it to the playoffs so the truth is that Eastwood is the one that is out they were never in they were out long before the playoffs even were talked about.

Coronado and Pebble hills are going to lose you say well you don't know that we don't know that that is not the truth yet. What is the truth is that Eastwood lost to a lot of teams like Midland Christian, Permian, El Dorado, Franklin, Coronado, and Pebble Hill. What is also the truth is that Coronado and Pebble Hills made it to the playoffs and Eastwood did not.

El Dorado and Montwood will lose in high scoring games you say well atleast they will be playing in playoff games as Eastwood will not.

Montwood atleast has something to share as to Eastwood they have nothing to share and that is the truth.

Trooper
Good for Hanks and Austin as well! Not going to tag you as a hater at all. We know exactly how our season went. We know the reality. Never have denied it, which is part of the reason last night's victory was so sweet.

I'm sure it was sweet but as with sweet foods they put on weight on people and so hopefully your sweet win does not weigh on you so much as to not see the issue at hand which is that Eastwood lost a lot of games and they missed the playoffs AGAIN!

Cats32
Truth

It's always good to read sound analysis and sensible words such as the above.

What is funny is that nobody is talking smack about the Eastwood win. The only people analyzing on how bad Eastwood was throughout the season are expecting an Eastwood fan to say something. We know how our season was. No one in this forum has bad mouthed montwood about the loss. Salty much?

What is even more funnier is that Eastwoods fan base disappeared about 2 months ago and now with finally a win they reappeared completely out from the shadows or rather I say closet bandwagoners.

But what is a millions times more funnier than that is how this thread will be the best Eastwood thread. Sad

Go Andress!!!

Well does this mean that the Eastwood coach will be fired due to the large amount of parent petitions to get him out or does this win save his job?

he should be fired. he thought he had the best team in el paso and he fell way short so by his own admission he was terrible as a coach fire him now.

Eastwood head coach should be replaced along with the assistants. With all the expectations and talent and the worlds greatest elite quarterback in Ochoa Eastwood missed the playoffs again.

Do you blame the talented players or the Eastwood coaches?

Think before you answer that question because the players did their jobs at every game it's the Eastwood coaches that did not do their job by making proper and necessary adjustments during halftime especially when Eastwood was winning in multiple games at the half.

Like some have said don't let the Montwood win fool you and cause you not to see the bigger picture. There is a problem and it needs fixing and fixing fast for Eastwoods sake and if not you will be here again next year missing the playoffs again.

I have a son that goes to Eastwood and we showed up to a parent meeting with the principal to voice any concerns. Guess how many parents complained in person. 0 none at all. The parents that showed up all supported the coaches. We had some tough losses but I know my son has bigger goals in life than just football. I also know the 2 parents that complained never showed their face. It’s easy to type without putting your real name to it. I was glad to see us never give up and finish strong.

Parents
I have a son that goes to Eastwood and we showed up to a parent meeting with the principal to voice any concerns. Guess how many parents complained in person. 0 none at all. The parents that showed up all supported the coaches. We had some tough losses but I know my son has bigger goals in life than just football. I also know the 2 parents that complained never showed their face. It’s easy to type without putting your real name to it. I was glad to see us never give up and finish strong.

Good Luck next season with what will stay in place.

I honestly don't know what to say when it comes to Eastwood anymore. In the past I blamed coaches and had people rant on me saying there was not enough talent at Eastwood to compete. Then when it was obvious there was plenty of talent at Eastwood the same people wanted to blame the Coaches???? Maybe it's just time to face the sad reality that Eastwood has fostered an environment where the kids just don't have it in them to dig deep when things get tough. Maybe these other schools are just coaching kids of similar talent but just with a little more grit as well. I know this is not going to go over well with Eastwood parents but they should not take it as an insult. I'm not saying they are not good kids that can do well in life ...they just may be a more fragile sort and are not very good at football. Just a thought.....

TrooperX
I honestly don't know what to say when it comes to Eastwood anymore. In the past I blamed coaches and had people rant on me saying there was not enough talent at Eastwood to compete. Then when it was obvious there was plenty of talent at Eastwood the same people wanted to blame the Coaches???? Maybe it's just time to face the sad reality that Eastwood has fostered an environment where the kids just don't have it in them to dig deep when things get tough. Maybe these other schools are just coaching kids of similar talent but just with a little more grit as well. I know this is not going to go over well with Eastwood parents but they should not take it as an insult. I'm not saying they are not good kids that can do well in life ...they just may be a more fragile sort and are not very good at football. Just a thought.....

It's the coaching plain and simple. Blame the coaching. Coaches are suppose to figure out how to bring out the best in a student athlete. Nuff said.

Really?? Are people going to blame kids???? Blame a district that believes incompetence and misconduct are worth an $80,000 salary. Way to go YISD, you really are "DUH" District.

Edgar
TrooperX

It's the coaching plain and simple. Blame the coaching. Coaches are suppose to figure out how to bring out the best in a student athlete. Nuff said.
I agree 100% but coaches have to work with what they have as well and if the coaches at Eastwood are working with kids along with "helicopter parents" who are going to second guess them and not allow lil Johnny to reach his full potential then these Coaches are at a disadvantage to Coaches who can get on kids without mom & dad interfering. Some of this comes from parents having confidence to let the Coach be a Coach even if lil Johnny gets his feelings hurt every once in a while. Parental involvement has never been a problem at Eastwood but parental over involvement just might be.

TrooperX
Edgar
TrooperX

I agree 100% but coaches have to work with what they have as well and if the coaches at Eastwood are working with kids along with "helicopter parents" who are going to second guess them and not allow lil Johnny to reach his full potential then these Coaches are at a disadvantage to Coaches who can get on kids without mom & dad interfering. Some of this comes from parents having confidence to let the Coach be a Coach even if lil Johnny gets his feelings hurt every once in a while. Parental involvement has never been a problem at Eastwood but parental over involvement just might be.

So now instead of blaming the coaches your going to blame the parents. Amazing

Edgar
TrooperX
Edgar
TrooperX

So now instead of blaming the coaches your going to blame the parents. Amazing
I am suggesting there is a culture being fostered at Eastwood that lends itself to falling short and folding. I don't know where it starts anymore than I know where it starts if kids are failing standardized testing! Do you blame the teachers, parents or kid? I would say just like with standardized testing it starts with the parents then the teachers are responsible for pulling the best out of the kids but ultimately it falls on the kid. Is the kid gonna reach deep when the rubber meets the road or not! At Eastwood they simply have not on a consistent basis and like I initially stated...I REALLY DON"T KNOW WHAT THE ANSWER IS....

I can't believe people are still talking about this game. The game is over...MW lost and the Troopers won. But it's playoff time now.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m