EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Playoff Matches Senerios

Ok, we are down to the last week of the regular season and the playoff picture is pretty much set. Who will play who in both 6A & 5A, and where?

Re: Playoff Matches Senerios

I don't know all I know is that 2-5A is going to sweep 1-5A in the 1st Round.

Edgar
I don't know all I know is that 2-5A is going to sweep 1-5A in the 1st Round.

Great observation

If Bel Air makes the playoffs, will they be D1 or D2? If they are D1, who will drop? Del Valle or Eastlake?

Coronado will play the winner of Odessa Permian vs Lee Rebels. It will be good experience to play OP at legendary Ratliff Stadium in Odessa.

It is still a bit early but here are my projections for 6A:

Permian vs Coronado
Lee vs El Dorado

Montwood vs Midland
Pebble Hills vs San Angelo Central

Permian and Montwood would host. Im not sure about the other two.

For 5A:

Del Valle vs Chapin
Bel Air vs Andress

Bowie vs Eastlake
Burges vs Parkland

The 4th playoff spot in 1-5A is definitely up for grabs. El Paso, Bowie, and Irvin all have a 2-4 record. Not sure how 1-5A does their playoff tie-breakers. Logic would dictate head to head then point differential. But something tells me they do coin flip.

However if logic prevails and the favorites win out next week, then Bowie will beat Jeff, Irvin will beat Austin, and El Paso will lose to Burges leaving Bowie and Irvin tied for fourth at 3-4. If 1-5A does head to head, Irvin gets in as a result of their win over Bowie and will most likely face Eastlake in the bi-district round. But again, I think 1-5A uses a coin flip to decide tie breakers....

On the 2-5A side, things are pretty much decided. If Bel Air defeats Ysleta it does not matter what Canutillo does as Bel Air has the tie breaker on Canutillo and Bel Air would get the fourth playoff spot. They would be big school along with Del Valle.

If Bel Air loses and Canutillo beats Eastlake, then Canutillo would get the fourth playoff spot and would go small school with Eastlake then becoming the second seed big school behind Del Valle.

Interesting time of the season!

Eastlake will have a walk in the park if Bel Air makes the playoffs. Del Valle will have a tough match up against Chapin.

KarlosY

This will be a heck of a game!!!!

Koolarrow
KarlosY

I Disagree. Central will mow down the Spartans. 56-7

BOBCAT
Koolarrow
KarlosY

I have to agree with BOBCAT just as Midland is going to mow down Montwood Central will mow down the Spartans as well.

4th Spot
The 4th playoff spot in 1-5A is definitely up for grabs. El Paso, Bowie, and Irvin all have a 2-4 record. Not sure how 1-5A does their playoff tie-breakers. Logic would dictate head to head then point differential. But something tells me they do coin flip.

However if logic prevails and the favorites win out next week, then Bowie will beat Jeff, Irvin will beat Austin, and El Paso will lose to Burges leaving Bowie and Irvin tied for fourth at 3-4. If 1-5A does head to head, Irvin gets in as a result of their win over Bowie and will most likely face Eastlake in the bi-district round. But again, I think 1-5A uses a coin flip to decide tie breakers....

On the 2-5A side, things are pretty much decided. If Bel Air defeats Ysleta it does not matter what Canutillo does as Bel Air has the tie breaker on Canutillo and Bel Air would get the fourth playoff spot. They would be big school along with Del Valle.

If Bel Air loses and Canutillo beats Eastlake, then Canutillo would get the fourth playoff spot and would go small school with Eastlake then becoming the second seed big school behind Del Valle.

Interesting time of the season!

I think 1-5A does head to head for 2 teams and a coin flip for 3+ teams.

Larry
BOBCAT
Koolarrow
KarlosY

I have to agree with BOBCAT just as Midland is going to mow down Montwood Central will mow down the Spartans as well.

Awww.... did montwood and pebble hills beat your team and you are bitter? Lol get over it. Go Rams!

Bobcat this will be a good game no El Paso team will get mowed down.

RAM 56
Bobcat this will be a good game no El Paso team will get mowed down.

OH YES THEY WILL.

MOJO will destroy Coronado

Lee will destroy El Dorado

Central will destroy Pebble

Midland High will play Montwood closer.

Every single 1-6A team out of El Paso is going to be eliminated in the 1st RD of the TX ST PLAYOFFS. I guarantee it! You heard it here first.

Outsider
Every single 1-6A team out of El Paso is going to be eliminated in the 1st RD of the TX ST PLAYOFFS. I guarantee it! You heard it here first.

I bet you say that every single year. You might be right 75% of the time, but I say at least one team advances.

no it won't

Larry
BOBCAT
Koolarrow
KarlosY

central wins and montwood wins

Outsider

hasnt there been a team out of 1-6a advance every year recently

KarlosY
Outsider

I bet you say that every single year. You might be right 75% of the time, but I say at least one team advances.

mw will advance evryone else will get beat down. ph still to new not ready for a San angelo central. Permian and Lee just to much for their matchup but mw will roll easily

1 2 3 4
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m