Comment
The Torres Bowl

#3 El Dorado vs #2 Pebble Hills
Who do you have in this one & why?

Re: The Torres Bowl

Spartandad
#3 El Dorado vs #2 Pebble Hills
Who do you have in this one & why?

Being that we're in El Paso and we have coaches who also suffer with the El Paso mentality I see Pebble Hills coaches playing this game safe, conservative, cautious, run run run run in attempt to own time of possession and keep Barfield off the field. Pebble Hills coaches want ofcourse to keep their starters from getting injured as they need to go into their game against tough San Angelo team as healthy as possible without any starters out.

El Dorado 24
Pebble Hills 21

Weak pathetic Torres bowl this year not worth a dime nor Batman's time.

Both teams will play to win. Although playoff positions have been established you would like to go in healthy and on a winning note. Thursday night should be a fun game to watch. except the concession line will not be as long LOL

BigO

I bet it hurt having to drop that 0 and add that 1 to your pretty little designs huh.....

By the end of the night it will hurt even more when he has to drop that 1 and change it to a 2.
Barfield's at the 50 , 40 , 30 , 20 , 10 , the 5 , Touchdown Aztecs

Open your eyes and see the upside down 2. It's a sign!

EP to Brownsville
BigO

I bet it hurt having to drop that 0 and add that 1 to your pretty little designs huh.....

Just as much as it hurts all the El do kids and parents, to watch the season the Spartans are having knowing they chose wrong.

Chose wrong? What ever do you mean Hindsight?

El Dorado's only district loss is to Montwood
Pebble Hills only district loss is to Montwood

Both El Dorado and Pebble Hills have the same district record 5-1.

Your JV and freshman teams have won a handful of games in the last 3 years. Next year when there is no Barfield, it will be ugly I promise. Actually your only saving grace is the fact that you will be 5A but still will only be average.

hindsight
Your JV and freshman teams have won a handful of games in the last 3 years. Next year when there is no Barfield, it will be ugly I promise. Actually your only saving grace is the fact that you will be 5A but still will only be average.

I thought we were talking varsity because in varsity El Dorado and Pebble Hills have the same district record of 5-1. Anyways next time make yourself clear.

EP to Brownsville
BigO

. Pebble overrated and the Montwood Rams proved it. Now my Aztecs will give them another L . Pebble won’t anymore games this year.

Aztec
EP to Brownsville
BigO

. Pebble overrated and the Montwood Rams proved it. Now my Aztecs will give them another L . Pebble won’t anymore games this year.
Daaaaamn, who hurt you?

I know ph likes to use references from 300, but dang remember they all died in that.

Edgar
By the end of the night it will hurt even more when he has to drop that 1 and change it to a 2.

Reply to myself

I had told you Spartans. This was a sign.

FINAL
El Dorado 49 Pebble Hills 44

Edgar
Edgar

Reply to myself

I had told you Spartans. This was a sign.

FINAL
El Dorado 49 Pebble Hills 44
. I told you PH was overrated, they won’t win anymore games this season. 6A powerhouses El Do and Montwood. Good luck next year , oh you lost all senior stack team.

Ok this is too weird. How does EP Gridiron do it??? Major props to EP Gridiron. They are the freaking best!!!!

This is what EP Gridiron had on their twitter and facebook pages way before the game even started with a lot of people voting including me. I took Pebble Hills wins more than 5. The game ended by 5 points!!!! El Dorado won 49-44.

2017 TORRES BRO'S BOWL
#2 Pebble Hills Spartans vs. #3 El Dorado Aztecs
Tonight 7PM MST @ SISD Student Activities Complex
*Aztecs are riding a 4-game winning streak outscoring opponents 213-94. Spartans are coming off a heartbreaking loss to Montwood and losing the #1 Rank.

PHHS-Wins more than 5pts
PHHS-Wins less than 5pts
EDHS-Wins more than 5pts
EDHS-Wins less than 5pts

https://twitter.com/EP_GRIDIRON/status/928606966846513154

My wife and I chose right. We love our school for our Boy. With all the coach changes, our kids are where they belong. In their correct feeder pattern. Aztecs till we die. Great job tonight Aztecs. Great Battle!!!

Chose RIGHT!
My wife and I chose right. We love our school for our Boy. With all the coach changes, our kids are where they belong. In their correct feeder pattern. Aztecs till we die. Great job tonight Aztecs. Great Battle!!!

Congrats

BeastofNE
Ok this is too weird. How does EP Gridiron do it??? Major props to EP Gridiron. They are the freaking best!!!!

This is what EP Gridiron had on their twitter and facebook pages way before the game even started with a lot of people voting including me. I took Pebble Hills wins more than 5. The game ended by 5 points!!!! El Dorado won 49-44.

2017 TORRES BRO'S BOWL
#2 Pebble Hills Spartans vs. #3 El Dorado Aztecs
Tonight 7PM MST @ SISD Student Activities Complex
*Aztecs are riding a 4-game winning streak outscoring opponents 213-94. Spartans are coming off a heartbreaking loss to Montwood and losing the #1 Rank.

PHHS-Wins more than 5pts
PHHS-Wins less than 5pts
EDHS-Wins more than 5pts
EDHS-Wins less than 5pts

https://twitter.com/EP_GRIDIRON/status/928606966846513154

EPG has always been doing this type of cool stuff since I started coming here years ago. There are some people and also coaches that laugh at EPG believe me I know. They talk bad about EPG behind EPG's back but news flash EPG is still here doing what they have been doing for years which I believe is like 15 years. For EPG to be around that long they must be doing lots of things right. Kudos to EPG.

Just wondering why teams don't use their best athletes both ways more. It helped produce a INT For El Do and kill a PHHS drive. Barfield was running away from defenders and the one kid that is probably just as fast if not faster was sitting on PHHS sideline. That winning touchdown was a simple snap and the QB ran away from the defense. Having faster defenders, regardless if they play offense or not, would have made a play or at least slow #6 down.

neither team will go far in the playoffs. neither team plays defense.

What are you talking about? Pebble Hills has the best defense in the city.... that’s what it seems like when you play that soft pre-district schedule. When the big dawgs show up they don’t seem so good. Send 7 and you pay for it.

Hounds93
Just wondering why teams don't use their best athletes both ways more. It helped produce a INT For El Do and kill a PHHS drive. Barfield was running away from defenders and the one kid that is probably just as fast if not faster was sitting on PHHS sideline. That winning touchdown was a simple snap and the QB ran away from the defense. Having faster defenders, regardless if they play offense or not, would have made a play or at least slow #6 down.

Was thinking the same thing.

Gotta say that we had other chances though, 3 onside kick recoveries that ended in punts for instance, but we made mistakes throughout that cost us the game. We can't be a 2nd half team either if we are to have a chance against San Angelo, git takes start fat and strong. But thats football, the team that makes the least mistakes wins. This game like vs Montwood came down to the end, turned out to be an exciting ending. 49-44 says it all. Glad that there were no fights or serious injuries.

Good luck to the Aztecs in the playoffs.

Wow!!!!! So the MIGHTY SPARTANS, WE ARE SPARTA went from #1 to #3 in less than 2 weeks. How does that humble pie taste? I don't see the 20 Spartan Dads (which I think half of those were #9's dad to begin with) posting anymore since last weeks loss to Montwood. Pebble Hills loss's 2 games and along with it loss their fan base. I'll be the first to wish all 1-6A teams luck in the play offs, especially Pebble Hills.

YouKnow
What are you talking about? Pebble Hills has the best defense in the city.... that’s what it seems like when you play that soft pre-district schedule. When the big dawgs show up they don’t seem so good. Send 7 and you pay for it.

Big dawgs? Are you referring to Montwood and El Dorado as big dawgs? If you are the that makes Pebble Hills a big dawg.

Against Montwood Pebble Hills was down as much as 16 and they stormed back making it a game against your big dawg 49-46.

Against El Dorado Pebble Hills was down as much as 28 and they stormed back making it a game against your big dawg 49-44.

Obviously you have that El Paso mentality people talk about. Give credit where credit is due.

Duh!!!
Wow!!!!! So the MIGHTY SPARTANS, WE ARE SPARTA went from #1 to #3 in less than 2 weeks. How does that humble pie taste? I don't see the 20 Spartan Dads (which I think half of those were #9's dad to begin with) posting anymore since last weeks loss to Montwood. Pebble Hills loss's 2 games and along with it loss their fan base. I'll be the first to wish all 1-6A teams luck in the play offs, especially Pebble Hills.

Don't go trying to guess who post what because if do that it shows that you have El Paso mentality which I think you do because your username is Duh!!! and I have not seen you post anything else before the season, during the season but only come and post after something happens that you liked or just to be a assss. That shows that you have that El Paso mentality.

Anyways yes those people who were posting Spartan stuff npw have that El Paso mentality. They supported when their team was winning and they had all this faith, all this belief, all this optimism, all this hope, all the excitement, all the energy, then their team loses and all that is gone like a flame in a candle it stops burning. El Paso mentality at its finest. Sad

I didn't get to go to the game last night but I heard it was very exciting. Good luck to two both teams in the playoffs. Go El Paso and go Rams.

RAM56
I didn't get to go to the game last night but I heard it was very exciting. Good luck to two both teams in the playoffs. Go El Paso and go Rams.

You didn’t miss much. Both these teams are over rated. They had no legit offensive drives. All points were scored on hail marys, trick plays and QB sweeps. Apparently both teams forgot how to play defense. Both coaching staffs need some changes. I have never seen so many 4th down failed attempts in my life. Punt the **** ball!! Both teams have talent but the Torres brothers will get out coached in the playoffs.

Who Dat
RAM56

You didn’t miss much. Both these teams are over rated. They had no legit offensive drives. All points were scored on hail marys, trick plays and QB sweeps. Apparently both teams forgot how to play defense. Both coaching staffs need some changes. I have never seen so many 4th down failed attempts in my life. Punt the **** ball!! Both teams have talent but the Torres brothers will get out coached in the playoffs.

Montwood did the same against Pebble Hills and El Dorado. Montwood no legit offensive drives. Points were scored on hail marys, trick plays, and QB sweeps. Apparently Montwood, Pebble Hills, and El Dorado forgot how to play defense. All these coaching staffs on these 3 teams need some changes. Don't get me wrong these 3 teams have talent but these coaches from these 3 teams, Montwood, Pebble Hills, and El Dorado, are going to get out coached in the playoffs.

Alex
YouKnow

Big dawgs? Are you referring to Montwood and El Dorado as big dawgs? If you are the that makes Pebble Hills a big dawg.

Against Montwood Pebble Hills was down as much as 16 and they stormed back making it a game against your big dawg 49-46.

Against El Dorado Pebble Hills was down as much as 28 and they stormed back making it a game against your big dawg 49-44.

Obviously you have that El Paso mentality people talk about. Give credit where credit is due.
. Overrated !!! From 1st to 3rd just like that!!

Aztec
Alex
YouKnow

. Overrated !!! From 1st to 3rd just like that!!

Be careful what you say El Paso mentality because as tough as you are posting that I am sure you will have no toughness if El Dorado and Montwood both are eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs. If Montwood and El Dorado are both eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs hopefully you return to this board with your toughness.

Duh!!!
Sparta, all 300 didn’t make it. Guess History repeated itself. Not even 300 Fans.

A
Duh!!!
Sparta, all 300 didn’t make it. Guess History repeated itself. Not even 300 Fans.

Hey you person going by the letter A and where were you? I haven't seen you post in this forum before. You must be a bandwagon fan. Typical El Paso mentality.

Aztec
Overrated !!! From 1st to 3rd just like that!!

Aztec bandwagon fan you must not follow El Paso football closely. Pebble Hills was not even a top 10 team in the El Paso times at the start of the season. Noone gave Pebble Hills a thought at the beginning of the season. EP Gridiron had Pebble Hill like #11 or #12 at the start of the season which was some respect. EP Gridiron eventually moved Pebble Hills up like after the 3rd or 4th week.

Pebble Hills barely lost to Montwood and El Dorado. They were not blowouts look at the finals and don't be El Paso mentality and say IF THIS or THAT would have happen it would have been blowouts. Pebble Hills also beat old established programs like Coronado and Franklin.

Stop having that El Paso mentality like many say and dish out some props man.

Have to move to the next game this game is over. Playoffs start next week and every one should be team El Paso. Unless we meet again in the playoffs. Good luck to all El Pass teams 6A, 5a and ay other team I missed.

Who Dat
RAM56

no they won't they will get out athleted

Who Dat
RAM56

no they won't they will get out athleted

I agree Montwood is going to get out athleted.

Whatever go Rams. Oscar doesn't get it!

montwood wins first round

montwood wins first round

The playoffs haven't started yet so how can they win something that has not started? Montwood plays Eastwood in an hour or so in a game that they can lose because Montwood coaches will be playing their backups alot. Also hope that no Montwood star plays a lot in this game increasing his chance of getting injured in this meaningless game against Eastwood and being short a star player for the playoffs.

what does that have to do with montwood winning the first round.

what does that have to do with montwood winning the first round.

You're using the word winning in your sentence wrong. Montwood is not winning the first round because the playoffs are not taking place right now. Montwood is not playing right now so they are not winning. They first have to play Eastwood and even that Montwood is not winning their game against Eastwood because that game hasn't started.

If you fix it and say Montwood will win the first round then I and others will understand what you are thinking and saying.

it was a response to Oscar

it was a response to Oscar

Oh, my bad

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m