EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bel Air @ Andress

Since Canutillo lost to Eastlake, Bel Air hops into the playoffs. Mainly just Predictions and key players to watch. Who will win and why. I have Andress in a comfortable game, although it could be hard.

45-10 Andress

Re: Bel Air @ Andress

Don't take Bel Air lightly. They can score in bunches. But if they both play to their potential, I'll take Andress by 10.

Don't take Bel Air lightly. They can score in bunches. But if they both play to their potential, I'll take Andress by 10.

I was just about to say that. I'm pulling for Andress, but I wouldn't take Bel Air too lightly!

Bel vs Andress...@ Sep Stadium??? I got Dorian Lewis running for 200+ with 3 tds. Jaylen Joseph with 2 more tds. Dom Smith will get one on the ground and 2 more in the air. All before the coin toss. ROLMFAO. I HOPE FOR A GOOD GAME BUT Andress is just too athletically gifted. Haven't kept up with Highlanders BUT wish them all the luck. GO EAGLES!!

If Lewis ran for over 300 yards against Chapin. Who is bigger and stronger than Bel Air. He's going to break 400 on BA.

Bel airs defense has really struggled all year against middle of the road teams like horizon and even Riverside. So they really need to step up this week if they want to have a chance. The offense lead by Ibarra and a dominate O-line should be able to keep it interesting so long as the defense steps up. Looking for a great game and like always will be pulling for the underdog.Go Big Red!!

Andress up 7-0 early 1Q

Can follow @AndressJournalism on twitter for updates.

Halftime
Andress - 24
Bel Air - 20

This is play-offs anything can happen all I can say is wow. Thats how terrible and disgustingly bad district 1-5A is andress has no competition besides chapin in this district how can they get better every week they let bel air score 20 imagine what next weeks team will do to andress. They need to put all the top dawgs in super district and scrubs in the other

Andress Bowie
Chapin El Paso
Del Valle Irvin
Canutillo Jeff
Eastlake Austin
Burges Horizon
Parkland ysleta
Bel Air Riverside

Now Andress would be battle tested every week

1-5A is maybe the worst district in Texas. Unless you consistently get to the third and fourth rounds, winning games like this does not really matter.

It also goes to show that Coaching makes a difference. So much talent, maybe time for someone who can actually lead them.

FB fan
1-5A is maybe the worst district in Texas. Unless you consistently get to the third and fourth rounds, winning games like this does not really matter.

It also goes to show that Coaching makes a difference. So much talent, maybe time for someone who can actually lead them.
So your team goes to the third and fourth round consistently? Because I am pretty positive that no team from El Paso went to the third round last year.

Of course they don’t. That’s the problem with this city. The mindset. Content on being a district or bi-district champ playing against weak teams.

If any team in Texas doesn’t make it third/fourth round they stink.

Andress gets by Bel Air!

Next couple years their District might be worse since Chapin will possibly go DI and Andress would stay with the rest of EPISD teams. Theybetter schedule tough non-district.

Andress will play winner of Amarillo-Monterey, tbd.

FB fan
Of course they don’t. That’s the problem with this city. The mindset. Content on being a district or bi-district champ playing against weak teams.

If any team in Texas doesn’t make it third/fourth round they stink.
How many times did you make it to the third and fourth round? And don't just throw out a number or team's name. Provide the team, years, roster, and your name.

I agree with you that the mindset of the city needs to change. District champs is great, but what matters is state. The only problem is that you say bi-district doesn't matter, but in order to get to area you have to win bi-district. In order to get to regionals you have to win area. So these games actually do matter in order to go 3 or 4 rounds deep. Also, the mindset of the entire city needs to change. The coaches, players, and communities, but telling these kids that their game doesn't matter isn't going to make them better. They won so that means they get to play football for another week. They shouldn't settle for that, but the should be proud of themselves. Looking forward to hearing back from you with the proof you went 3 or 4 rounds deep multiple times.

Never went anywhere.

Agree 100% with your post. Great points.

Still say gotta work in everyone’s mindset. If not, everyone will stay content with current circumstances.

You’re right, shouldn’t take anything away from the kids. The Coaches, those guys need to push these kids to their full potential. When that happens, watch out! El Paso will make some noise.

Dont dismiss Bel Air, they are a good team and played their hearts out. Their record was so-so but they clearly showed they have some talent and decent coaching. I expected Andress to win by 10-14 points so this very close game only just a lil bit surprising.

I think Bel Air deserves some credit, lets not pretend they were San Eli or Riverside level bad. They can play!

Good luck to the Eagles next round!

The mindset has definitely got to change. I truly feel that El Paso has the talent to make it far even without "combining schools". Canutillo proved it in 2014.

Sadly, it's not going to start with coaches. I believe there are some really great head coaches and assistant coaches out there, but there are some just collecting a check. It's sad to say, but that is just how I feel. To change the expectations I feel like it needs to start with the communities and mainly the parents of the athletes.

Parents can't call for a coaches job if they never actually invested time in their kids athletics. A guy from east Texas got on here and talked about nutrition. I did disagree with him saying we do nothing but eat fast food, but I felt like he had a good point when he said that parents should help provide healthier alternatives for their kids. (Healthy doesn't only mean organic).

Also, I feel like parents should be more involved in weight training and speed and conditioning with their kids. But once parents start investing their time in their kids athletics (nutrition, workouts, practice, and most importantly,grades) then parents can start expecting more from coaches and players.

Just like school or work or anything that you are doing to better your life, football is more than just the two hours you spend at practice or games. Football is a lifestyle and it takes a lot of time and energy from coaches, players, and parents.

These are just some of my thoughts. If you don't agree with me I apologize l if I offended anyone. Not trying to tell parents what to do. Good luck Andress! Take this week seriously and enjoy it in the process.

That was a fumble...

It was, but they couldn’t let Andress get upset.

It was a fumble just saw the film, sucks to see things left in the hands of the refs. That's football though and you can't leave it up to them they are human too. Bel air had their share of mistakes and if one or two plays had went differently I know they would have taken it. Hats off to the eagles but they really need to step up their defense. If Bel Air was able to throw the ball through the secondary with that much ease, I don't see them standing a chance with any other team in Texas. Either way that was a game I won't soon forget. Sad to see another season in the books though.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m