EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: El Paso Athlete vs. East Texas Athlete

It’s not necessarily the athlete, it’s the entire culture. Football is flat out more important. You have powerlifting, Head Coaches and coordinators rarely have regular classes or none at all. Family insists that there son goes to workouts. Majority of schools in East TX charge there players to attend summer workouts. I personally do not think El Paso kids and parents wouldn’t attend if they had to pay. FEAR a lot not all coaches and players fear or assume they will lose when they go play out of town.

Bat
East Texas
Alright...Bat. You win...lol..you are right to be an elite athlete you just need to ignore nutrition...be confrontational, talk smack...no poise..ok..you are right then. Have all upcoming generations get mentored on your perspective. Smile..😃
You're a tool bag, read the post! Never did I say it wasn't important. What I did say is that the solution to ep athletes/football isn't just nutrition as you say it is. Get out of here already, I hope one of our malnourished teams take it to your east Texas teams!
Bat...you arent the brightest tool in the shed..are you? Dang..you still come here and talk smack after El Paso teams get blasted? C'mon man...dont be a hater..East Texas takes care of business..we simply dont..dont act like a fool and continue to act like an El Paso fool and show down our city. What a tool you are. El Dorado? Zero points? And you still blabber?..

°§μ©Ωθฯ
Bat
East Texas
Alright...Bat. You win...lol..you are right to be an elite athlete you just need to ignore nutrition...be confrontational, talk smack...no poise..ok..you are right then. Have all upcoming generations get mentored on your perspective. Smile..😃
You\'re a tool bag, read the post! Never did I say it wasn\'t important. What I did say is that the solution to ep athletes/football isn\'t just nutrition as you say it is. Get out of here already, I hope one of our malnourished teams take it to your east Texas teams!
Bat...you arent the brightest tool in the shed..are you? Dang..you still come here and talk smack after El Paso teams get blasted? C'mon man...dont be a hater..East Texas takes care of business..we simply dont..dont act like a fool and continue to act like an El Paso fool and show down our city. What a tool you are. El Dorado? Zero points? And you still blabber?..
Easy for out of towers or haters of El Paso HS football to use any teams East of El Paso to fit their narrative, arguements, and opinions.

They should post the team that they played for or the team their son plays for and use that team to make their narrative, arguement, and opinions by comparing it to El Paso HS football instead of using a team East of Texas or all the teams East of Texas.

Stop hiding behind a army of East Texas teams from multiple Texas cities to put down one city El Paso.

They should stop being wussies.

Blame others..excuses..fingerpointing...you must of b
Never played or understand team sports. Its all about accountability..do your job Juco. Not say the others have the problems..not us...:wink:

°§μ©Ωθฯ
Blame others..excuses..fingerpointing...you must of b
Never played or understand team sports. Its all about accountability..do your job Juco. Not say the others have the problems..not us...:wink:
You got it expert :+1:

Juco agrees. Well at least there some juco (almost D1 capability) people are some slwith some sense out there. Lol

Just a thought guys:

Money in athletics. The east pays their coaches. They put money into facilities. Everyone in Dallas has an indoor facility and nice weight rooms.

Living in Houston but from El Paso and watching my son play I see that elite El Paso players could play in east Texas. Problem is that there are more of them especially in the Houston and Dallas metro area.

Coaching: quality of coaching in El Paso has improved so has competition. But the successful people on the east are head and shoulders above your guys coaching. They have access to colleges and they constantly try to improve their trade. But they also lose their jobs if they lose. Case and point: the offensive teams are scoring lots of points out there. Maybe it’s the quality of defense being played? They score a bunch of points against each other, but they play an out of town team and it’s not the same.

Administration: The way they run their programs is critical. They have more coaches paid, most programs have 14-17 coaches on staff. The head football coach is the campus coordinator if not the ad. All coaches are on campus, they coach other sports allowing football kids to participate in other sports and improving athleticism. They have huge track programs. Many control the middle school coaches and what they do.

All your districts ought to do a study of athletic programs in big districts like El Paso and find out how they do things. Then try and implement.

1 2
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m