EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pebble Hills vs San Angelo

who do you Have

Re: Pebble Hills vs San Angelo

Sa angelo will win but sa angelo will lose the next game. Pebble Hills has too many players hurting.

Eastsider
Sa angelo will win but sa angelo will lose the next game. Pebble Hills has too many players hurting.

Mansfield is looming in the second round, presuming they don't get shocked in round 1. They are near top 10 in most polls across 6A in State. Otoh, San Angelo Central is is near 15 of same polls. If these two favorites win, it won't be the Allen-SAC hype of last year but it will get a lot of attention.

This will be a very tough game for Pebble Hills to win especially after back to back losses to Montwood and El Dorado, and having to travel to San Angelo, Texas to play the Bobcats.

I think they'll match up well against Saint Angelo and will be a very good game. Good luck Pebble Hills.

RAM56
I think they'll match up well against Saint Angelo and will be a very good game. Good luck Pebble Hills.

Is Pebble Hills QB even at 90 to 100 %. Didn't he get hurt in the El Do game?

Eastsider

Heard San Angelo has 1/3 of their starters out so I guess no injury excuses can be used from either team. SAC pretty much doesn't lose down there and PH ain't Allen.

Chris
RAM56

Is Pebble Hills QB even at 90 to 100 %. Didn't he get hurt in the El Do game?

Yes. But the back up QB is also good. He can run the ball or pass. I think the drive to San Angelo is going to be what is rough.

Our QB and LT are both injured and possibly out for this game. After watching the Cowboys yesterday it's our LT injury that worries me. Coaches have this week to get the replacements ready. Next man up as they say. Let's go Spartans!!!

Taco Supreme
Eastsider

Heard San Angelo has 1/3 of their starters out so I guess no injury excuses can be used from either team. SAC pretty much doesn't lose down there and PH ain't Allen.

While staying undefeated due to underclassmen stepping up from JV for the injured, Bobcats are not as strong as the team that beat Permian three weeks ago by 11 points. The last two games they stumbled to 7 point and 9 point victories against Midland (4th in District) and Tascosa (5th in District). They still have a lot of offensive firepower but their defense - particularly the secondary - is their biggest concern.

mike03car
Taco Supreme
Eastsider

While staying undefeated due to underclassmen stepping up from JV for the injured, Bobcats are not as strong as the team that beat Permian three weeks ago by 11 points. The last two games they stumbled to 7 point and 9 point victories against Midland (4th in District) and Tascosa (5th in District). They still have a lot of offensive firepower but their defense - particularly the secondary - is their biggest concern.

I don't know their offense has struggled but not the defense in any game but one and their secondary has been good from what I'm told.

Taco Supreme
mike03car
Taco Supreme
Eastsider

I don't know their offense has struggled but not the defense in any game but one and their secondary has been good from what I'm told.

Though I touted their offensive prowess and tapped the brakes on their defense, it is the latter that was the stronger suit for most of the season. However, based on last week and the talk on the 2-6A thread at 6Atxfootball, the injury bug has bit their defense twice as much.

Not a fan of PHHS. Gotta go with San Angelo on this one for the W! I'm all for my EP teams with the exception of PHHS. Way to cocky for a newbie team!

Wiser...
Not a fan of PHHS. Gotta go with San Angelo on this one for the W! I'm all for my EP teams with the exception of PHHS. Way to cocky for a newbie team!

Please explain to the masses how this team or these kids displayed any cockiness. So if a team with years is cocky but a new or young team must be sub servant and silent? I have been to a lot of their practices and most of their games and you are mixing up confidence for being cocky.
So again you made a pretty broad stroke of a comment please elaborate and support your claim.

I hope Pebble Hills brings a good crowd to San Angelo. I've been to many playoff games involving El Paso teams in San Angelo and the PetroPlex and with just two exceptions the folks from The Pass were minuscule. Chapin brought a ton when they played WF Rider in Angelo years ago, something like 15 fan buses. They filled their side of the stadium. Montwood also brought a ton to SA when they beat Central in bi-district game. Meanwhile I've seen Franklin several times in SA and Odessa and it was sad. Also Montwood in Midland a few years ago was a very small turnout as was Coronado when they played Cooper.
Come on PH fans, make the drive and savor the memory of your very first playoff game. Is this also their first game against an out-of-town team?

OldEPGuy
I hope Pebble Hills brings a good crowd to San Angelo. I've been to many playoff games involving El Paso teams in San Angelo and the PetroPlex and with just two exceptions the folks from The Pass were minuscule. Chapin brought a ton when they played WF Rider in Angelo years ago, something like 15 fan buses. They filled their side of the stadium. Montwood also brought a ton to SA when they beat Central in bi-district game. Meanwhile I've seen Franklin several times in SA and Odessa and it was sad. Also Montwood in Midland a few years ago was a very small turnout as was Coronado when they played Cooper.
Come on PH fans, make the drive and savor the memory of your very first playoff game. Is this also their first game against an out-of-town team?

I believe it is there first out of town opponent

OldEPGuy
Montwood also brought a ton to SA when they beat Central in bi-district game.

28-24 in 2007

OldEPGuy

Come on PH fans, make the drive and savor the memory of your very first playoff game.

Can't agree more. Side note: I plan on making the trip from Abilene since we're out this year.

mike03car
OldEPGuy
Montwood also brought a ton to SA when they beat Central in bi-district game.

28-24 in 2007

OldEPGuy

Come on PH fans, make the drive and savor the memory of your very first playoff game.

Can't agree more. Side note: I plan on making the trip from Abilene since we're out this year.

Tough game for Pebble Hills but I agree their fans need to go in droves to this game. It's the way you help build a program and its strong foundation. Big games, against all odds, like this is when support should be shown and given.

EP to Brownsville
OldEPGuy

I believe it is there first out of town opponent

I think we will be ok. We are bringing a lot of people to San Angelo.

Good to hear. Travel safely!

I hope the turnout is tremendous!!!

I root for all 915 teams in the playoffs, PHHS is no more Cocky than any of the other winning teams, you sound bitter and a little bit like a female dog, you mad? Don't care!

Hognasty
I root for all 915 teams in the playoffs, PHHS is no more Cocky than any of the other winning teams, you sound bitter and a little bit like a female dog, you mad? Don't care!

I agree 100%

Wiser...

The fans may be a little cocky, but you shouldn't hope the players suffer for that. From what I hear the players are disciplined and hardworking. Back all El Paso teams since we have the rest of the state against us. Good luck Spartans!

Let's just give some support to all of our EP High School teams.

Let's go Rams, Spartans, Aztecs and my T-Birds!!!

Curious
Wiser...

The fans may be a little cocky, but you shouldn't hope the players suffer for that. From what I hear the players are disciplined and hardworking. Back all El Paso teams since we have the rest of the state against us. Good luck Spartans!
Good Luck Pebble players and coaches. But those parents and some players have no class. Hope Coached talked to those kids . tThey showed their colors on the Montwood game. Cheering when the Montwood player got hurt , really Sad. Go Aztecs.

Where are all those Spartan fans that were all over this board for the last couple of months?

Good luck tonight Spartans!!! Show the Bobcats what underestimating you boys results in. Safe travels

Get you some tonight Spartans! Play your heart out and get that W!!
Let's show our boys that they have tons of support,parents.

Hmm?
Where are all those Spartan fans that were all over this board for the last couple of months?
Guess the PHHS parents were part of the 300 Spartans ? Montwood put a beat down on them, El Do followed. Welcome to the real 6-A Teams. Good Luck and have a safe trip.

Jrod116
who do you Have
San Angelo will rest all their starters and save them for the Area round playoff game.

?
Jrod116
who do you Have
San Angelo will rest all their starters and save them for the Area round playoff game.
If they rest they're starters it will be an easy win for Pebble Hills.

San Angelo has 5-7 starters out with injuries so they can't afford to rest any of the other starters.

21-14 SA Central at the half

35-21 final. PH scored a late TD against the subs. Sloppy game, lots of penalties. Sparty was nervous, 3 straight motion calls on their first possession. SA jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead but PH hung tough and scored on the last play of the half to make it 21-14. Got a little chippy late and one of the defensive guys got to take the rest of the night off after 2 quick unsportsman flags. Did I mention it was sloppy? PH could not run the ball and ended up throwing almost 60 passes.

That's not your typical San Angelo team. Most years they would have beaten that team by 60 but they're just not that good this year.

I wanted to congratulate Pebble Hills on a great game last night and a great season. The Spartans are a talented team with tons of speed at receiver positions and with a scrappy, accurate QB. Good showing of El Paso fans. I've made that trip to El Paso for games before and it is not easy, so my respect to those who traveled so far to support the Spartans. I hope everyone had a safe trip home. Best of luck to the Spartans in the future.

RAM56
For your reading pleasure...

It was a good game, run game for SAC may have made the difference though. We threw the ball well (despite 2 big interceptons, game changers for sure!) they threw well also, but their RB got loose 1 too many times. He scored about a 40 yd td on his first carry in the 2ND half, we never really had a big play out of the backfield. At a point it looked like we were about to break one and got shoe-string tackled.

When it's all said and done our boys played a heck of a game. Special teams had a big blocked-punt and I believe one of our DL deflected a pass and got the pick himself. Still, we came up short on offense when we needed it on conversions and +20 a few times that would have made a difference.

I can't say SA had the better team, they did some things well but we busted them in the mouth also and had them on their heels into the 4th. We stepped up big on offense, defense, and special teams. Our QB went down in the 4th I think and was out for a few plays which killed our momentum. #10 came back but we didn't regain that spark we needed to ignite like we have in other games.

Congrats to the Central Bobcats for advancing in the TX6A FB playoffs.

Our fan turn out was ok, but they definitely got louder!

San Angelo Bobcats
I wanted to congratulate Pebble Hills on a great game last night and a great season. The Spartans are a talented team with tons of speed at receiver positions and with a scrappy, accurate QB. Good showing of El Paso fans. I've made that trip to El Paso for games before and it is not easy, so my respect to those who traveled so far to support the Spartans. I hope everyone had a safe trip home. Best of luck to the Spartans in the future.
We appreciate that.

That drive is hard, I've had the privilege of attending the Angelo Clinic a few times.

Didn't get easier this time, but San Angelo is a nice town so always enjoyable!

Good luck next week.

Congratulations to Pebble Hills on a winning season. Keep your heads up and be proud of your successful season. You guys did great.

Yes Congratulations Spartans!!! You gave the Bobcats a great game at their house. Great experience for the underclass men, now they know what to expect for next year. Hopefully next year you can schedule some of these type of teams to get a taste and eat at the end in playoffs!

Really, a beat down by Montwood, please, they were lucky to get out of their with a victory. For a team that is just competed for two years at the Varsity level 8-3 is pretty good! Oh yea we destroyed Eastwood but oh yea Eastwood beat Montwood go figure. I was at San Angelo and we had a huge El Paso crowd. The Bobcats were cocky and were thinking this was going to be a cake walk. The Spartans punched them in the mouth all night. Some very questionable calls by the refs but at end of the night I can tell you San Angelo had a lot of respect for the Spartans. As far as El Dorado 63-0 whooping at the hands of Midlan Lee ouch no respect there. First and foremost I am a El Pasoan so best of luck to Montwood hope you guys advance deep in the playoffs, very talented QB and receivers. Get used to it Pebble Hills will be a major player in this district. Go Sparta!

Crazyoldman
Really, a beat down by Montwood, please, they were lucky to get out of their with a victory. For a team that is just competed for two years at the Varsity level 8-3 is pretty good! Oh yea we destroyed Eastwood but oh yea Eastwood beat Montwood go figure. I was at San Angelo and we had a huge El Paso crowd. The Bobcats were cocky and were thinking this was going to be a cake walk. The Spartans punched them in the mouth all night. Some very questionable calls by the refs but at end of the night I can tell you San Angelo had a lot of respect for the Spartans. As far as El Dorado 63-0 whooping at the hands of Midlan Lee ouch no respect there. First and foremost I am a El Pasoan so best of luck to Montwood hope you guys advance deep in the playoffs, very talented QB and receivers. Get used to it Pebble Hills will be a major player in this district. Go Sparta!
This year was your only chance to win something, but could Not hang with the Big Boys in 1-6A. 3 straight losses, Treasure ur short lived 8 Wins season.

Sparta OG
Our fan turn out was ok, but they definitely got louder!

I came down from Abilene to watch the game, arriving at the ticket booth during kickoff and missed the first PH offensive series. I watched the entire game from the standing room at the top of the home side. From what I could tell, there were more PH fans present on the visitor side than I've seen from most of the trips an EP team made to Grande in the playoffs. Spartan fans were also quite vocal when had reasons to be. No doubt a good experience for everyone. I wandered over to the visitor side at the end of the game and enjoyed seeing how all from El Paso were savoring the moments post-game despite the score not in their favor.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m