EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Pebble Hills vs San Angelo

who do you Have

Re: Pebble Hills vs San Angelo

Sa angelo will win but sa angelo will lose the next game. Pebble Hills has too many players hurting.

Eastsider
Sa angelo will win but sa angelo will lose the next game. Pebble Hills has too many players hurting.

Mansfield is looming in the second round, presuming they don't get shocked in round 1. They are near top 10 in most polls across 6A in State. Otoh, San Angelo Central is is near 15 of same polls. If these two favorites win, it won't be the Allen-SAC hype of last year but it will get a lot of attention.

This will be a very tough game for Pebble Hills to win especially after back to back losses to Montwood and El Dorado, and having to travel to San Angelo, Texas to play the Bobcats.

I think they'll match up well against Saint Angelo and will be a very good game. Good luck Pebble Hills.

RAM56
I think they'll match up well against Saint Angelo and will be a very good game. Good luck Pebble Hills.

Is Pebble Hills QB even at 90 to 100 %. Didn't he get hurt in the El Do game?

Eastsider

Heard San Angelo has 1/3 of their starters out so I guess no injury excuses can be used from either team. SAC pretty much doesn't lose down there and PH ain't Allen.

Chris
RAM56

Is Pebble Hills QB even at 90 to 100 %. Didn't he get hurt in the El Do game?

Yes. But the back up QB is also good. He can run the ball or pass. I think the drive to San Angelo is going to be what is rough.

Our QB and LT are both injured and possibly out for this game. After watching the Cowboys yesterday it's our LT injury that worries me. Coaches have this week to get the replacements ready. Next man up as they say. Let's go Spartans!!!

Taco Supreme
Eastsider

Heard San Angelo has 1/3 of their starters out so I guess no injury excuses can be used from either team. SAC pretty much doesn't lose down there and PH ain't Allen.

While staying undefeated due to underclassmen stepping up from JV for the injured, Bobcats are not as strong as the team that beat Permian three weeks ago by 11 points. The last two games they stumbled to 7 point and 9 point victories against Midland (4th in District) and Tascosa (5th in District). They still have a lot of offensive firepower but their defense - particularly the secondary - is their biggest concern.

mike03car
Taco Supreme
Eastsider

While staying undefeated due to underclassmen stepping up from JV for the injured, Bobcats are not as strong as the team that beat Permian three weeks ago by 11 points. The last two games they stumbled to 7 point and 9 point victories against Midland (4th in District) and Tascosa (5th in District). They still have a lot of offensive firepower but their defense - particularly the secondary - is their biggest concern.

I don't know their offense has struggled but not the defense in any game but one and their secondary has been good from what I'm told.

Taco Supreme
mike03car
Taco Supreme
Eastsider

I don't know their offense has struggled but not the defense in any game but one and their secondary has been good from what I'm told.

Though I touted their offensive prowess and tapped the brakes on their defense, it is the latter that was the stronger suit for most of the season. However, based on last week and the talk on the 2-6A thread at 6Atxfootball, the injury bug has bit their defense twice as much.

Not a fan of PHHS. Gotta go with San Angelo on this one for the W! I'm all for my EP teams with the exception of PHHS. Way to cocky for a newbie team!

Wiser...
Not a fan of PHHS. Gotta go with San Angelo on this one for the W! I'm all for my EP teams with the exception of PHHS. Way to cocky for a newbie team!

Please explain to the masses how this team or these kids displayed any cockiness. So if a team with years is cocky but a new or young team must be sub servant and silent? I have been to a lot of their practices and most of their games and you are mixing up confidence for being cocky.
So again you made a pretty broad stroke of a comment please elaborate and support your claim.

I hope Pebble Hills brings a good crowd to San Angelo. I've been to many playoff games involving El Paso teams in San Angelo and the PetroPlex and with just two exceptions the folks from The Pass were minuscule. Chapin brought a ton when they played WF Rider in Angelo years ago, something like 15 fan buses. They filled their side of the stadium. Montwood also brought a ton to SA when they beat Central in bi-district game. Meanwhile I've seen Franklin several times in SA and Odessa and it was sad. Also Montwood in Midland a few years ago was a very small turnout as was Coronado when they played Cooper.
Come on PH fans, make the drive and savor the memory of your very first playoff game. Is this also their first game against an out-of-town team?

OldEPGuy
I hope Pebble Hills brings a good crowd to San Angelo. I've been to many playoff games involving El Paso teams in San Angelo and the PetroPlex and with just two exceptions the folks from The Pass were minuscule. Chapin brought a ton when they played WF Rider in Angelo years ago, something like 15 fan buses. They filled their side of the stadium. Montwood also brought a ton to SA when they beat Central in bi-district game. Meanwhile I've seen Franklin several times in SA and Odessa and it was sad. Also Montwood in Midland a few years ago was a very small turnout as was Coronado when they played Cooper.
Come on PH fans, make the drive and savor the memory of your very first playoff game. Is this also their first game against an out-of-town team?

I believe it is there first out of town opponent

OldEPGuy
Montwood also brought a ton to SA when they beat Central in bi-district game.

28-24 in 2007

OldEPGuy

Come on PH fans, make the drive and savor the memory of your very first playoff game.

Can't agree more. Side note: I plan on making the trip from Abilene since we're out this year.

mike03car
OldEPGuy
Montwood also brought a ton to SA when they beat Central in bi-district game.

28-24 in 2007

OldEPGuy

Come on PH fans, make the drive and savor the memory of your very first playoff game.

Can't agree more. Side note: I plan on making the trip from Abilene since we're out this year.

Tough game for Pebble Hills but I agree their fans need to go in droves to this game. It's the way you help build a program and its strong foundation. Big games, against all odds, like this is when support should be shown and given.

EP to Brownsville
OldEPGuy

I believe it is there first out of town opponent

I think we will be ok. We are bringing a lot of people to San Angelo.

Good to hear. Travel safely!

I hope the turnout is tremendous!!!

1 2 3
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m