EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Round 2 - Area playoffs

Les's discuss the games coming up for the local teams. Time, location, date?

Montwood vs Arlington

Del Valle vs Lubbock Coronado
Andress vs Lubbock Monterey

Parkland vs Lubbock Cooper
Eastlake vs Abilene Cooper

Re: Round 2 - Area playoffs

KarlosY
Les's discuss the games coming up for the local teams. Time, location, date?

Montwood vs Arlington

Our Mighty Montwood Rams play Arlington on Saturday, the 25th at 4pm at Ratliff Stadium in Odessa.

Good luck and GO RAMS!!!!!!

Round 2, is the El Paso killer. Most EP teams start playing out of town teams and we really struggle. District realingment might make round 1 the new killer since we might start playing out of town teams and no more across town teams for bi district. I hope im wrong, good luck to all EP teams this week.

Rams2018
KarlosY
Les\'s discuss the games coming up for the local teams. Time, location, date?

Montwood vs Arlington

Our Mighty Montwood Rams play Arlington on Saturday, the 25th at 4pm at Ratliff Stadium in Odessa.

Yea bby, I’ll be able to make that trip for sure now. Thanks for posting. Go Rams!!!

Found the other locations and dates.

Parkland vs Cooper @ Midland, Fri 3-4?
Andress vs Monterey @ Midland, Fri

Del Valle vs Coronado @ Roswell, Fri

Eastlake vs Cooper @ Ft. Stockton, Fri

If anyone has updated information or exact time, feel free to add.

Any of these games on radio, or online streams?

I'm sure they will be in tsrn website

I'm sure they will be in tsrn website
Just saw on Twitter someone locally is streaming Andress, Really want to hear or see that Montwood and/or Del Valle game.

HS_Hasbeen
I\'m sure they will be in tsrn website
Just saw on Twitter someone locally is streaming Andress, Really want to hear or see that Montwood and/or Del Valle game.
Del valle usually streams their games on their Facebook page

Any for sure update on place and what time on these games?

thank you.

Del Valle will play Lubbock Coronado play at 4 p.m. Friday in Roswell
Parkland will play Lubbock Cooper at 4 p.m. Friday at Midland
Eastlake will play Abilene Cooper at 6 p.m. Friday in Fort Stockton
Andress will play Lubbock Monterey at 8 p.m. Friday at Midland

Montwood will play Arlington HS at 4 p.m. Saturday at Odessa

I believe times are Central, one hour less Mountain

Cats32
Rams2018
KarlosY
Les\\\'s discuss the games coming up for the local teams. Time, location, date?

Montwood vs Arlington

Yea bby, I’ll be able to make that trip for sure now. Thanks for posting. Go Rams!!!
Go get em RAMS. Cats 32 keep me posted. Some of us have to work LOL

KarlosY

Maybe all times are LOCAL. Roswell, as you all know, is the same time zone as EP.

A Texas state playoff game in the state of New Mexico. Now that is hilarious. The win and the loss should not count cause the game is out of the state of Texas.

What's next in the future are they going to schedule big time Texas playoff games in California, New York and Florida?

Santa
A Texas state playoff game in the state of New Mexico. Now that is hilarious. The win and the loss should not count cause the game is out of the state of Texas.

What's next in the future are they going to schedule big time Texas playoff games in California, New York and Florida?
Neutral site
Both teams agree not a problem, if both teams are happy let’s get it on

Santa
A Texas state playoff game in the state of New Mexico.
Not uncommon when a Panhandle team faces an EP area team.

Santa

Stfu crying what do you care where it's played. Nm is between el Paso and the panhandle. It's literally a neutral site.

mike03car
KarlosY

Maybe all times are LOCAL. Roswell, as you all know, is the same time zone as EP.
Yeah, 3pm mountain for Roswell. Would have made more sense to list local time for roswell too.

The thing about Round 2 is how people immediately start saying this or that El Paso team is going to lose in Round 3 if they happen to get by Round 2.

For example I bet there are trolls right now who never or hardly post comments waiting so eagerly to see if Montwood wins so they can immediately post their crap that Montwood will lose in Round 3 versus either Carroll or DeSoto.

Same goes for other El Paso teams that if they get by Round 2 there are trolls waiting practically slobbering and anxious to post comments how the El Paso teams will lose in Round 3.

If you are one of these trolls I want you to know that you are pathetic .

I'm pulling for all our kids to ball out! Get to state! One play at a time!

Santa

It's all about geography and cost. Panhandle teams routinely meet with EP teams in Artesia.

I actually solidly see 4 of the 5 El Paso teams getting to the 3rd round of the playoffs. After that I also solidly see 2 of the 4 El Paso teams getting to the 4th round of the playoffs. The 4th round I quite can't see that far at this time. My crystal ball does not show me anything this far out.

Santa

There have been playoff games in Oklahoma and Louisiana also recently...Texas is anything but square so sometimes neutral sites are located out of state

Congrats to The Mats....Dv and Eastlake are out and Andress is down 28 to 7. Good luck to Montwood tomorrow. Round 2 kicking our butt again...

Del Valle eliminated
Eastlake eliminated
Andress eliminated

Parkland advancing

Montwood Rams?

BeastofNE
Del Valle eliminated
Eastlake eliminated
Andress eliminated

Parkland advancing

Montwood Rams?
If they play a great game, Monty can do it. I watched two games yesterday that should not have been close but the eventual winner had to worry a lot.

Monty is getting spanked....

Another year and we continue to struggle in the playoffs. Out of 5 teams only 1 was able to win. This is not acceptable, we need to stop being content with bi district championships won against other EP teams or bad 3-7 teams from Midland. We as community deserve better and should ask for better. Something needs to change....

Maybe you should become the head coac of all the schools

Why does everyone dance around the problem. It isn't the cosches, size of school, schemes, play calling, lack of defense. None of that is the problem. Wish someone would just come out and admit what the problem is, but the Chuco pride won't allow it.

Some of the problem lies on the coaches but can someone answer me these questions?

How many African Americans did Arlington have on the team?

How many African Americans did Montwood have on the team?

How many African Americans did Abilene Cooper have on the team?

How many African Americans did Eastlake have on the team?

My point to this is that some of the problem or most of it also lies with athletism especially the speed of an athlete.

Why does everyone dance around the problem. It isn't the cosches, size of school, schemes, play calling, lack of defense. None of that is the problem. Wish someone would just come out and admit what the problem is, but the Chuco pride won't allow it.
You can say it comes down to just race but over the years Ive seen some good El Paso teams lose due to bad special teams plays, like muffed punt returns, allowing kickoff returns for huge yardage, blocked fg returned for TD, etc. Also, many many dropped passes.

Some of these out of town teams have mostly Black and White players but that hasnt stopped some of the local teams from winning, has it?

Really? It has nothing to do with race.. it has everything to do with what a program is willing to invest in it.. that includes good coaching which requires money, off-season training which also requires descent training facilities and conditioning coaches..you would laugh if you saw the weight room that montwood has to work with and these coaches that have no clue..dominant teams in southern California are heavily populated with Latinos,islanders along with African Americans so keep that nonsense of these threads..

The colts played a hell of a game yesterday and wish them the best of luck throughout the rest of the Texas state playoffs.. rams didn't execute on either side of the ball and looked totally unprepared but they fought till the end.. great experience for all the underclassmen.. These boys will be back keep an eye out for that 2020 class

Chuco pride at its best

Green machine
Really? It has nothing to do with race.. it has everything to do with what a program is willing to invest in it.. that includes good coaching which requires money, off-season training which also requires descent training facilities and conditioning coaches..you would laugh if you saw the weight room that montwood has to work with and these coaches that have no clue..dominant teams in southern California are heavily populated with Latinos,islanders along with African Americans so keep that nonsense of these threads..
Chuco pride. It's everything's fault except mijos...... That's the problem I'm referring too. Coaches, facilities, money, training. The part you left out was the kids may just not be good enough.......

Professional Basketball and football teams are composed of majority African American players. Just the facts. In this politically correct society, we shy away from making comparisons based on race, creed, religion etc. But all you need to look at is the numbers. As a whole African American athletes tend to be more successful than other racial groups in sports such as football and basketball. Neither here nor there, but the numbers don't lie. So it does stand to reason that in areas that are populated with a good number of African American athletes increase their chances of success go up. More power to them. No big deal to me but this type of talk will most likely get erased from this board. Maybe that is one of the problems with our society.....we say we celebrate diversity but don't address the many things that make us diverse.....

Facts don't lie
Professional Basketball and football teams are composed of majority African American players. Just the facts. In this politically correct society, we shy away from making comparisons based on race, creed, religion etc. But all you need to look at is the numbers. As a whole African American athletes tend to be more successful than other racial groups in sports such as football and basketball. Neither here nor there, but the numbers don't lie. So it does stand to reason that in areas that are populated with a good number of African American athletes increase their chances of success go up. More power to them. No big deal to me but this type of talk will most likely get erased from this board. Maybe that is one of the problems with our society.....we say we celebrate diversity but don't address the many things that make us diverse.....
Chuco pride. We think everything is Rocky and Apollo lol.

We on here talking football.. take that bs somewhere else.. since you all political and knowledgeable go run for office.. hell Trump did it so guess your ****** has a chance:kissing_heart:

Green machine
We on here talking football.. take that bs somewhere else.. since you all political and knowledgeable go run for office.. hell Trump did it so guess your ****** has a chance:kissing_heart:
I don't think there was anything political about what he said. Unpopular, probably controversial but not political

Facts don't lie
You can't argue facts with people they think if a kid started on varsity 3 years they are d1

Facts don't lie
I dont have the numbers but Id like to know how many black players were on rosters of Judson vs Lake Travis or Southlake Carroll vs DeSoto. I wonder if the team with more black players won...?

I would like to know how many Hispanic players are in those teams.......I'm sure that will be the retort

All I will say on this is that one just has to look at top College football teams and the NFL teams. There are more african americans than hispanics on top college football teams and on NFL teams. One must ask, Why? Why are more african americans recruited and offered by division 1 programs than hispanics and why are more african americans drafted by NFL teams than hispanics? Find the answer to this question and one will find the reason for El Paso teams struggling to get to State in over 80 years.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m