EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Round 2 - Area playoffs

Facts don't lie
Professional Basketball and football teams are composed of majority African American players. Just the facts. In this politically correct society, we shy away from making comparisons based on race, creed, religion etc. But all you need to look at is the numbers. As a whole African American athletes tend to be more successful than other racial groups in sports such as football and basketball. Neither here nor there, but the numbers don't lie. So it does stand to reason that in areas that are populated with a good number of African American athletes increase their chances of success go up. More power to them. No big deal to me but this type of talk will most likely get erased from this board. Maybe that is one of the problems with our society.....we say we celebrate diversity but don't address the many things that make us diverse.....
I dont have the numbers but Id like to know how many black players were on rosters of Judson vs Lake Travis or Southlake Carroll vs DeSoto. I wonder if the team with more black players won...?

I would like to know how many Hispanic players are in those teams.......I'm sure that will be the retort

All I will say on this is that one just has to look at top College football teams and the NFL teams. There are more african americans than hispanics on top college football teams and on NFL teams. One must ask, Why? Why are more african americans recruited and offered by division 1 programs than hispanics and why are more african americans drafted by NFL teams than hispanics? Find the answer to this question and one will find the reason for El Paso teams struggling to get to State in over 80 years.

1 2 3
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m