EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coaches who should be head coaches and where should they go

I think this coach should be a head coach and end up at....

Re: Coaches who should be head coaches and where should they go

I was the only one to reply to a thread like this a couple of months ago. Thanks for bring in this up again because I'd rather speak on people doing a great job that deserve an opportunity rather than bashing those that we're convinced we're smarter than. So I'll say it again: If you want a positive culture where accountability and hard work are expected and rewarded, then Luis Salais, DC at Andress, should be a head coach. Where? I won't say because I'm not calling for anyone's job. I'll let others call for jobs. Anyone else have a coach they believe should get a job?

Bobby Cordero at Jeff. Worked his way up through the El Paso ranks and is now D.C. at Jeff. He can really coach. Prior to being at El Paso he led the Westside Sun Devils to a Little Bowl Championship.

I don't she know if this is serious. The little bowl is a resume builder

NE Coach
I was the only one to reply to a thread like this a couple of months ago. Thanks for bring in this up again because I'd rather speak on people doing a great job that deserve an opportunity rather than bashing those that we're convinced we're smarter than. So I'll say it again: If you want a positive culture where accountability and hard work are expected and rewarded, then Luis Salais, DC at Andress, should be a head coach. Where? I won't say because I'm not calling for anyone's job. I'll let others call for jobs. Anyone else have a coach they believe should get a job?
His defense really did a number on Monterey. He's great when he has talent but what happened when he was at Burges. Not saying he wouldn't be a decent head coach but there are a lot of other coaches i can think of that deserve a shot before him

It is never about who is deserving or who has earned it. It's always about the "right fit" according to the interview committee, principal/AD.

Who knows what that means, the "right fit" doesn't always translate to wins and success.

But if I has to, based on what we can tell from the last 2 seasons...

I would say OC at Eastlake seems to be a viable candidate anywhere, they have always had sucessfull seasons offensively, from what I can tell, he must have the reigns of the offense alone.

Also, Parkland OC has obviously done something to turn around that program. Even if Frontz was there last year, everyone knows he's a defense guy. Either of these coaches could do well at a place like Americas, El Dorado, Eastwood or even Franklin, Andress, or Chapin.

DC at Del Valle would fair well also. A good defense will win games more often than not. Taking that strategy to a full program like Eastwood, Hanks, or Franklin were teams gave struggled defensively.

Northeaster, who are your candidates? Just going on what I see. I also agree with OC at Eastlake Xs and O's wise, not familiar with his organizational control or philosophies when it comes to kids. "Right fit" is always an issue anywhere, been there done that.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m