Brooks canuts
Lopez eastwood.
Melton Americas
Calderon Eastlake
Famaligi montwood

Are there any others I want to say walker and Hernandez but I'm not sure

Re: Coaches with Playoff wins over out of town opponents

Perales at Del Valle has at least one...2014 over Amarillo Palo Duro
Was Hernandez the coach at Chapin 2009 when they beat Frenship in the area round?
I know Walker has a couple of wins over out of town teams when he was at Chapin....

I thought Hernandez and walker has a couple. Didn't remember perales over Palo duro

There has already been a thread within this forum on this topic of El Paso coaches against out of town teams in the playoffs. I remember it has lots of replies on it. It probably already expired or it might still be in here someplace.

I thought Hernandez and walker has a couple. Didn't remember perales over Palo duro
EP Gridirons playoff page could help with this topic but EP Gridiron doesn't have the coaches names only the years.

http://history.epgridiron.com/

On this EP Gridiron page it does show that Del Valle beat Palo duro and went to round 3 in 2014 and this 2014 year was the year Eastlake also went to round 3 and 2014 is the year Canutillo made history by going to round 5.

2014 was a great year for El Paso football with 3 teams in round 3 and then Canutillo went deeper.

Grahm at Burges lost in third round to Wichita Rider. They beat Hereford in the 2nd round.

I do remember Aaron Jones playing in the 3rd round

Walker has a couple at Chapin and a couple at Franklin
Chapin: 05-Big Spring (Area), 06-Hereford (Area)
Franklin: 11-Lubbock Monterey (Bi), 12-San Angelo Central (Bi)

Hernandez has one at Chapin in 09 against Wolfforth Frenship (Area).

Difference with Round 3 is that for teams like Eastlake, Del Valle, Chapin, and other 5A teams all they have to do is beat a El Paso team in round 1 and then only 1 out of town team in round 2 and boom just like that they are in round 3.

Teams like Montwood, Franklin, El Dorado, Coronado, and other 6A teams they have to beat a out of town team in round 1 and then another out of town team in round 2 to get to round 3.

For example Eastlake beating Jefferson in round 1 was practically a by week for them and all they really have to do is beat abilene in round 2 and just like that they are in round 3. Some teams have an easier path or better opportunity to get to round 3 than other teams.

This is a little off topic well maybe a lot but a school like Cathedral who is boasting that they are the first 11 man football team in El Paso to win a state championship is ridiculous because all they had to do is beat 1 team after the regular season to win a state championship unlike other 11 man football teams that have to win 6 playoff games to win a state championship. In my opinion Canutillo should not be saying they are the first 11 man football team in El Paso as if they are comparing themselves alongside other El Paso 11 man football teams. It just doesn't compare.

People really have to see and understand that there are teams that have the road to a state championship tougher or easier than others.

Williams
Difference with Round 3 is that for teams like Eastlake, Del Valle, Chapin, and other 5A teams all they have to do is beat a El Paso team in round 1 and then only 1 out of town team in round 2 and boom just like that they are in round 3.

Teams like Montwood, Franklin, El Dorado, Coronado, and other 6A teams they have to beat a out of town team in round 1 and then another out of town team in round 2 to get to round 3.

For example Eastlake beating Jefferson in round 1 was practically a by week for them and all they really have to do is beat abilene in round 2 and just like that they are in round 3. Some teams have an easier path or better opportunity to get to round 3 than other teams.

This is a little off topic well maybe a lot but a school like Cathedral who is boasting that they are the first 11 man football team in El Paso to win a state championship is ridiculous because all they had to do is beat 1 team after the regular season to win a state championship unlike other 11 man football teams that have to win 6 playoff games to win a state championship. In my opinion Canutillo should not be saying they are the first 11 man football team in El Paso as if they are comparing themselves alongside other El Paso 11 man football teams. It just doesn't compare.

People really have to see and understand that there are teams that have the road to a state championship tougher or easier than others.
Okay but Canutillo was a school of 1500 students playing against playoff teams with the likes of 1800-1900 students. You schools at Montwood, Coronado, Americas, El Do, etc,. have over 2700 students and play schools with relatively the same size. There is no excuse for greatness, only hard work to look out after. Don't ignite the fire if you cannot control the blaze.

Truth
Williams

This is a little off topic well maybe a lot but a school like Cathedral who is boasting that they are the first 11 man football team in El Paso to win a state championship is ridiculous because all they had to do is beat 1 team after the regular season to win a state championship unlike other 11 man football teams that have to win 6 playoff games to win a state championship. In my opinion Canutillo should not be saying they are the first 11 man football team in El Paso as if they are comparing themselves alongside other El Paso 11 man football teams. It just doesn\'t compare.

Okay but Canutillo was a school of 1500 students playing against playoff teams with the likes of 1800-1900 students. You schools at Montwood, Coronado, Americas, El Do, etc,. have over 2700 students and play schools with relatively the same size. There is no excuse for greatness, only hard work to look out after. Don't ignite the fire if you cannot control the blaze.
I think he meant cathedral....

Cathedral plays in a divison with 5-6 teams all over the state. They actually had to win two games to claim their title. No one takes it seriously because theyve lost to teams like Clint and Santa Teresa.

Beyond that, this thread was only talking about beating out of town teams. Doesnt matter if it is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round. A win vs an out of town team is great!

Williams That's why when all of these out-of-town teams play us they really don't consider it a first round or second round cuz really it's no round at all since they seem to beat each and everyone of us all the time so I understand what you mean when these two 5A play local team according to you it doesn't count so according to Odessa Permian and all these big schools when they play as a first-round I guess it really doesn't count for them as a 1st around either cuz it's an easy win anyway is that what you mean LOL😂

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m