EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top 2019 Highschool football players in El Paso

Top Juniors going into they’re senior year next year in EP??

Re: Top 2019 Highschool football players in El Paso

Caleb Gerber- RB at Pebble Hills
Hankins- Parkland
Chris Ramos (he'll be a Jr.) RB Montwood
Mike Rainwater DL Burgess

Damien Williams (he'll be a JR) #10 Socorro

Eddy Cruz
Just look at the Juniors that lead in stats.

HOUNDS 93

Hankins- Parkland

Montwood Ramos RB should win the RB spot. Montwood LB Eric Ramirez, 120 total tackles.

Legend.Abe
Damien Williams (he'll be a JR) #10 Socorro
Definitely

Carter McFadin (DE) and Tommy Barret (MLB) from Coronado are gonna be big time players on their senior season.

Eastwood
Collin Murillo #23 ILB
Noah Rios #21 RB
Jose Cerros #? OL
Pebble Hills
Caleb Gerber #9 RB
Franklin
Khatib Lyle's #3 WR
Johnny Cerros #32 DE
Socorro
Nick Reyes #24 ATH
America's
?
Coronado
?
Montwood
Jason Fernandez. #? QB
These are just a Couple of Names I've seen Over the Yrs who will all be Seniors

Garrett Slaughter Coronado

Obviously Deion Hankins & Khatib Lyles.. only 2019 prospects that are ranked and have big time interest! The two of them need to join forces and rep El Paso together!

And how would they do that

TCU Alum
Obviously Deion Hankins & Khatib Lyles.. only 2019 prospects that are ranked and have big time interest! The two of them need to join forces and rep El Paso together!
There is a huge difference between Deion and Khatib and that is that Deion has Division 1 offers right now and Khatib does not.

Deion has had Division 1 offers since his sophomore year and Khatib still does not have any.

Khatib just has interest but has NO official Division 1 offers.

HOUNDS 93

Hankins- Parkland

Who in their right mind would put any players name above Deion Hankins? A relative perhaps?

Deion is at a higher level than every other player in El Paso because as a sophomore Deion already had Division 1 offers. Deion is at a category all on his own.

Stop putting players names alongside Deion name.

Just
Eddy Cruz
Just look at the Juniors that lead in stats.
Statistics do not matter. For example what does it matter that you pass for over 500 yards against every team in your district in the regular season but you can't beat 1 or 2 out of town teams in the playoffs.

I agree. No other varsity football player is in the vicinity of a prospect as Deion Hankins. Deion is in a class of his own.

Cedarious is a great player and has division 1 offers but they are not big time offers from big time power five conferences.

Scout
HOUNDS 93

Hankins- Parkland
Chris Ramos (he\'ll be a Jr.) RB Montwood

Who in their right mind would put any players name above Deion Hankins? A relative perhaps?

Deion is at a higher level than every other player in El Paso because as a sophomore Deion already had Division 1 offers. Deion is at a category all on his own.

Stop putting players names alongside Deion name.
First this was not listed in order of skill levels or abilities. Read the title it just says players not listing them in any order.
Second no I am not a relative but I have known many of these kids since they were 8yrs old.
Last thing is you sound like you are a part of Deion's fan club, President maybe. Don't try and put down these other kids just to exalt someone else.

Troop
Eastwood
Collin Murillo #23 ILB
Noah Rios #21 RB
Jose Cerros #? OL
Pebble Hills
Caleb Gerber #9 RB
Franklin
Khatib Lyle's #3 WR
Johnny Cerros #32 DE
Socorro
Nick Reyes #24 ATH
America's
?
Coronado
?
Montwood
Jason Fernandez. #? QB
These are just a Couple of Names I've seen Over the Yrs who will all be Seniors
Montwoods Key Players:

J. Fernandez #7 QB (Younger Fernandez)
C. Ramos #23 RB (Junior 3 y LetterM)
E. Ramirez #35 LB ( 128 Tackles )

Eddy Cruz
#20 Donta Campbell FS Parkland (130 tckls 92 solo) 3rd at FS 3rd punt returns in TX

Eric Ramirez???? Are you kidding me... Jonas Christmas #57 first team all district. Playing like a senior this year, imagine next year if he stays healthy. Big time leader coming up for that pebble hills defense especially with #44 leaving.

Just check the juniors that were 1st team all district. That will answer your questions.

Fan
Eric Ramirez???? Are you kidding me... Jonas Christmas #57 first team all district. Playing like a senior this year, imagine next year if he stays healthy. Big time leader coming up for that pebble hills defense especially with #44 leaving.
Who?

Fan
Who?
You meant to say Over Rated Pebble. Montwood deflated Pebble and could not compete anymore. One year wonder.

:)
Fan
Who?
You meant to say Over Rated Pebble. Montwood deflated Pebble and could not compete anymore. One year wonder.
Not only was Pebble Hills and El Dorado overrated but Montwood was overrated 100 times more. Midland almost came back on Montwood and then Arlington spanked Montwood. Swiss cheese defense 77 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry
:)
Fan
Who?
Not only was Pebble Hills and El Dorado overrated but Montwood was overrated 100 times more. Midland almost came back on Montwood and then Arlington spanked Montwood. Swiss cheese defense 77 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have 2 - 2017 Trophies, 1-6A District Champions & 1-6A Bi-District Championship Shiny Trophy, Do you?
Oh you didn't win anymore games after Montwoods physical beat down.

Two big names that jump off the page:

Hankins from Parland high is alone at the top

Montez from DV is a distant second but ahead of most others.

These two imo will be the two major D1 offer receivers. I don't see many others realistically. Montez is helped by his name but it is what it is, good for him. I just know mostly 2-5A though.

There are a couple kids that are sophomores that will start getting attention. The RB from Andress, the wr from Chapin (Maybe a jr) and and the receiver from Hanks. Solid sophomores.

Big Red

These two imo will be the two major D1 offer receivers. I don't see many others realistically. Montez is helped by his name but it is what it is, good for him. I just know mostly 2-5A though.

There are a couple kids that are sophomores that will start getting attention. The RB from Andress, the wr from Chapin (Maybe a jr) and and the receiver from Hanks. Solid sophomores.

Montwoods C. Ramos is also a solid speedy sophomore RB.

Big Red

Raymond Montez does not have any Division 1 offers.

Deion Hankins is in a class of his own. No class of 2019 player comes close.

BeastofNE
Big Red

These two imo will be the two major D1 offer receivers. I don\'t see many others realistically. Montez is helped by his name but it is what it is, good for him. I just know mostly 2-5A though.

I agree these two will be the main two. I'm sure Montez will be looked at by D1 schools. Hopefully he'll get an offer. It's so hard for these young men.

Chuco Town
BeastofNE
Big Red

These two imo will be the two major D1 offer receivers. I don\\\'t see many others realistically. Montez is helped by his name but it is what it is, good for him. I just know mostly 2-5A though.

I agree these two will be the main two. I'm sure Montez will be looked at by D1 schools. Hopefully he'll get an offer. It's so hard for these young men.
I honestly do not think Montez will get a division 1 offer. In my opinion Montez is more of a division 2 player. Don't get me wrong he is talented but he is not close to being as tall as his brother and that I say is hurting him as to why he does not have any division 1 offers right now.

We are talking about specific athletes not schools. Keep and eye on #57 from pebble hills next year. #35 from montwood won’t be doing as much as him.

Ep
We are talking about specific athletes not schools. Keep and eye on #57 from pebble hills next year. #35 from montwood won’t be doing as much as him.
Did PHHS #57 even played ? No where in stats or News ?

Montwoods Junior LB #35 finished second in 1-6A in Tackles.

PHHS #57 Jonas Christmas LB
PHHS #71 Mario Carmona RG
PHHS #7 CJ Beanes QB

#28 for coronado high school

Correction #27 Coronado high school

Spartandad
PHHS #7 CJ Beanes QB
C.J. will be in a competition for the QB spot next year. His off season mental prep will be key. He has all of the physical tools to have a very good senior season.

Canutillo up coming seniors went 8-2 there jv year and they lost those two games by like a touch down but my god the up coming juniors for canutillo are gonna be real good that group been undefeated and haven’t lost one game since middle school 32-0 and 2k20 class keeps making history and the up coming seniors have some really talented players

Let’s see if canutillo comes back from what happened this year since there moving to 1-5a

That would be more of the montwood Defensive coordinators fault anybody who allows that many points has to go . Poor if any adjustments worst Dc in the state

Fan
That would be more of the montwood Defensive coordinators fault anybody who allows that many points has to go . Poor if any adjustments worst Dc in the state
I really hope the Head Coach notices that. My son plays Defense at Montwood Middle and considering in attending Pebble Hills next year.

Spartandad
PHHS #7 CJ Beanes QB
Pebble 2017 Senior stack Season was their only chance to win a Championship and could not beat the Top Teams in 1-6A. Both Montwood and El Do are only losing one or two impact seniors. The 1-6A Title will be between the Aztecs and Rams next year 2018. One year wonder for Pebble. No impact players at PHHS in 2018/19.

Most likely Montwood and Eldo will not be in the same district next year. Eldo's enrollment numbers will probably not be enough to put them in 6A. Goodbye Montwood, Pebble Hills etc, hello Chapin, Del Valle etc.

Aztec you are insane. Eldo is loosing 95% of its offensive production. Pebble Hills freshman and jv have beaten Eldo the previous 2 years by huge margins ( this year both games had running clocks after halftime) because the Spartans were up by 40 at 1/2.
No impact players coming back? Carmona, Gerber and Christmas were all first team all district this year as juniors
Pebble Hills overall program record for 2017 was 32-7-1 what was Eldo's?

AZ-tec
Spartandad
PHHS #7 CJ Beanes QB
Pebble 2017 Senior stack Season was their only chance to win a Championship and could not beat the Top Teams in 1-6A. Both Montwood and El Do are only losing one or two impact seniors. The 1-6A Title will be between the Aztecs and Rams next year 2018. One year wonder for Pebble. No impact players at PHHS in 2018/19.
El Do won't even be 6-A next year. They are dropping to 5-A.

Ok so you ask about the best athlete but you mention Deion Hankins and his D1 offers so what is the question again... who has the most D1 offers or who is the best player or Athlete... let explain something to you the best athlete is and will be Karch Gardiner from Del Valle... he doesn’t really leave the field except for kickofff and come playoff time he won’t leave for that either... he was the 2-5A CO MVP with His best friends Del Valle QB Montez and he will lock up anyone on defense which is crazy. Because he will be the best WR in the city if he isn’t already... I’ll give you the argument of Tyreese Andrus from Montwood but Who else...you 6A people lets me know more and more you know nothin about football you just want your team to be heard or seen... stats and films dude is crazy on film on both sides of the ball..

First off please get your own screen name. Secondly tyrese isn't in the conversation because we are talking about next year. 3rd whoever said Gardiner wasn't in the conversation. Lastly you bring up 6a......well he played against a 6a team, and not a very good one at that. How did he do that game. And before you go in I'm really asking, how did he do that game. If your going to throw the 6a thing out there you have to give reference points.

Ok so you ask about the best athlete but you mention Deion Hankins and his D1 offers so what is the question again... who has the most D1 offers or who is the best player or Athlete... let explain something to you the best athlete is and will be Karch Gardiner from Del Valle... he doesn’t really leave the field except for kickofff and come playoff time he won’t leave for that either... he was the 2-5A CO MVP with His best friends Del Valle QB Montez and he will lock up anyone on defense which is crazy. Because he will be the best WR in the city if he isn’t already... I’ll give you the argument of Tyreese Andrus from Montwood but Who else...you 6A people lets me know more and more you know nothin about football you just want your team to be heard or seen... stats and films dude is crazy on film on both sides of the ball..
Hey DV , stating worrying about El Do ... and forget everything else.

Dude, what are you smoking?

That kid was not even the best underclassman WR in the district. No question the Parkland WR was better than him in the district plus you have Tyrese, and other WR in the city. get a grip of yourself man, He was not Co-MVP of the district. What drugs are you on brother? The SO from Hanks was a better WR than this kid was. wow, some people live in fantasy land...

Does anyone know how many athletes that played football at Del Valle high school in the last 10 to 15 years received multiple Division 1 offers and ended up signing with a Division 1 university? Is Steven Montes the only one in the last 10 to 15 years?

What does that matter

Qbert
Does anyone know how many athletes that played football at Del Valle high school in the last 10 to 15 years received multiple Division 1 offers and ended up signing with a Division 1 university? Is Steven Montes the only one in the last 10 to 15 years?
First off it's Montez with a Z but anyways I believe Steven is the only Del Valle football player to get a couple of division 1 offers and on signing day signed to a division 1 program which is Colorado. You know with all the winning Del Valle has done in their district and all the district titles they have accumulated over the years a person would think there would be a lot of Del Valle players or atleast a handful in the past who have been offered by division 1 recruiters but that is not the case.

Just Steven Montez that's it.

Eastsider
Qbert
First off it's Montez with a Z but anyways I believe Steven is the only Del Valle football player to get a couple of division 1 offers and on signing day signed to a division 1 program which is Colorado. You know with all the winning Del Valle has done in their district and all the district titles they have accumulated over the years a person would think there would be a lot of Del Valle players or atleast a handful in the past who have been offered by division 1 recruiters but that is not the case.

Just Steven Montez that's it.
This can be a whole topic in itself. Teams like Del Valle, Eastlake and even Montwood usually every year run the table in their District but they hardly to never shell out Division 1 recruits.

I also can't think of anyone else from Del Valle besides Steven Montez that received legit Division 1 offers and officially signed with a Division 1 school on signing day. The same goes for Eastlake and Montwood I can't recall any player from these high schools who received legit Division 1 offers and officially signed with a Division 1 school on signing day.

This can be an interesting topic.

Well then you don't know too much then. Eastlake has barnwell, montwood had reddix, deharo Ortega, this year they have andrus, and fernandez. Look the bottom line is there are less then 1% Hispanics in div1 football. It's just a reality. Doesn't make the kids that came through dv bad players. Most of them are great playera, they just lack the physical attributes to play on tv.

Well then you don't know too much then. Eastlake has barnwell, montwood had reddix, deharo Ortega, this year they have andrus, and fernandez. Look the bottom line is there are less then 1% Hispanics in div1 football. It's just a reality. Doesn't make the kids that came through dv bad players. Most of them are great playera, they just lack the physical attributes to play on tv.
dots person I agree with you in that most players that go through DV are not bad players. Many I think have had the talent to play at the Division 1 level but for some reason are not getting the Division 1 offers and signing with Division 1 programs. There are other reasons as to why players from Del Valle are not getting offers from Division 1 programs besides the lack of physical attributes. I don't know what that is but there is more to it because obviously there have been many players that have played at Del Valle over the years that had that next level talent and the attributes but never received Division 1 offers. Why is this???? Who knows but I do think it's a big problem that should be looked into.

dots person the other player you mentioned like Barnwell, Reddix, DeHaro, Ortega I think did not sign official offers to UTEP on signing day. I'm not to sure about this but I think they did not. The eventually made the team months after signing day and later earned some type of scholarship but I don't think they signed full rides on the actual day of signing day which I believe is the question risen here.

dots person hopefully someday Del Valle has another Division 1 signee like Steven Montez. This goes for all the schools in El Paso. I would like to see local kids getting many offers from Division 1 program and signing with Division 1 programs on actual signing.

I agree Karch is a beast and you can tell that kids works his tail off. Problem for him is he really don't have no corners in el paso that can challenge him 1A - 6A. Now you did mention film and ANYONE so now I gots to pump your brakes. Henderson, Receiver from parkland was killing lil Ponytail 80 yard before mid 2nd qtr then Henderson got hurt and did not return. So lock up anyone, nope check that off your wish list. late in the 3rd qtr Parklands Def Co decided to put #20 Campbell(FS) on Karch becuz ponytail was killing parklands corners I think he had like 200yrds already. Campbell shut that &$$ Down Just like he did when he guarded him 7 on 7.. Ask ponytail he'll tell you. Ask Tyree, Katib, lil Rudy Q from bel air, Rashee Rice from Richland.. U wanna shut somebody down, dail up #20 Campbell the kid can play ball man.

Edgar
dots person I agree with you in that most players that go through DV are not bad players. Many I think have had the talent to play at the Division 1 level but for some reason are not getting the Division 1 offers and signing with Division 1 programs. There are other reasons as to why players from Del Valle are not getting offers from Division 1 programs besides the lack of physical attributes. I don't know what that is but there is more to it because obviously there have been many players that have played at Del Valle over the years that had that next level talent and the attributes but never received Division 1 offers. Why is this???? Who knows but I do think it's a big problem that should be looked into.

dots person the other player you mentioned like Barnwell, Reddix, DeHaro, Ortega I think did not sign official offers to UTEP on signing day. I'm not to sure about this but I think they did not. The eventually made the team months after signing day and later earned some type of scholarship but I don't think they signed full rides on the actual day of signing day which I believe is the question risen here.

dots person hopefully someday Del Valle has another Division 1 signee like Steven Montez. This goes for all the schools in El Paso. I would like to see local kids getting many offers from Division 1 program and signing with Division 1 programs on actual signing.
Stop trying to make an issue out of something. The kids are good players but not d1 period. Ther a isn't anything that needs to be looked into. There isn't a large demand for short mediocre speed Hispanic kids. Montez for a d1 schollarship because he is 6-5 and can run. Stop trying to get people up in arms.

agginpmaws
I agree Karch is a beast and you can tell that kids works his tail off. Problem for him is he really don't have no corners in el paso that can challenge him 1A - 6A. Now you did mention film and ANYONE so now I gots to pump your brakes. Henderson, Receiver from parkland was killing lil Ponytail 80 yard before mid 2nd qtr then Henderson got hurt and did not return. So lock up anyone, nope check that off your wish list. late in the 3rd qtr Parklands Def Co decided to put #20 Campbell(FS) on Karch becuz ponytail was killing parklands corners I think he had like 200yrds already. Campbell shut that &$$ Down Just like he did when he guarded him 7 on 7.. Ask ponytail he'll tell you. Ask Tyree, Katib, lil Rudy Q from bel air, Rashee Rice from Richland.. U wanna shut somebody down, dail up #20 Campbell the kid can play ball man.
7 in 7 isn't real football. Nobody from parkland shut ponytail down. He had over 200 receiving the other reciever had over 100 and tbe qb rushed for over 100. They beat parkland 50 to 20 with their second String in the entire 4th quarter. U can watch that on film. Henderson played the entire game. He is good but he's not better that #3

LVLove
agginpmaws
I agree Karch is a beast and you can tell that kids works his tail off. Problem for him is he really don\'t have no corners in el paso that can challenge him 1A - 6A. Now you did mention film and ANYONE so now I gots to pump your brakes. Henderson, Receiver from parkland was killing lil Ponytail 80 yard before mid 2nd qtr then Henderson got hurt and did not return. So lock up anyone, nope check that off your wish list. late in the 3rd qtr Parklands Def Co decided to put #20 Campbell(FS) on Karch becuz ponytail was killing parklands corners I think he had like 200yrds already. Campbell shut that &\$\$ Down Just like he did when he guarded him 7 on 7.. Ask ponytail he\'ll tell you. Ask Tyree, Katib, lil Rudy Q from bel air, Rashee Rice from Richland.. U wanna shut somebody down, dail up #20 Campbell the kid can play ball man.
7 in 7 isn't real football. Nobody from parkland shut ponytail down. He had over 200 receiving the other reciever had over 100 and tbe qb rushed for over 100. They beat parkland 50 to 20 with their second String in the entire 4th quarter. U can watch that on film. Henderson played the entire game. He is good but he's not better that #3
That feels good coming off the tip of ya fingers, don't it? Anything to make you feel good I guess. look here brah 7 on 7 is not 11 on 11 football but it is 1 on 1 coverage. we was not talking about one team beating another. And I really don't think we talking bout the same film cuz #3 was getting broke the hell off by #13 plus he could make a tackle on the plays. All on his knees and s***. Henderson did not play in the 2nd half neither did Hankins so you should go watch for youself and stop saying what you thought happen

Maybe you should listen here Brah!! Wasn't nobody from parkland breaking nuthin off on del valle. As the score indicates such brah. But if it makes you feel better to make excuses go right ahead. Yeah thought so. Doesn't matter both are good

Edgar

Good stuff :+1:

LVLove
Maybe you should listen here Brah!! Wasn\'t nobody from parkland breaking nuthin off on del valle. As the score indicates such brah. But if it makes you feel better to make excuses go right ahead. Yeah thought so. Doesn\'t matter both are good
Parkland ain’t break nothing off Del Valle since 2004 if Max Preps is correct... hard to believe by comparing athletes each school has.

Edgar

Hard to believe with all the winning Del Valle has done in El Paso and Steven Montez has been the only Del Valle student athlete to have received some offers from Division 1 Programs and to have officially signed to a Division 1 Program to Colorado. Personally I don't think it's just a Del Valle problem but a problem with all high school football programs in the city of El Paso.

Don’t sleep on the Andress senior class. Darian Smith is one of the toughest receivers in the class. He catches passes over the middle, takes the contact, and holds on to the ball. Dominik Smith, QB, is coming in to his own in the passing game. He is also an elusive threat on the QB keeper. Jalen Joseph, RB, has power and speed. He takes the ball up the middle when most won’t. He had 15 TDs, more than most backs. He did it on half the carries that most backs get. Jalen Pinckens, SS, in or around almost every tackle. Andrew Henderson, CB, really came on at the midway point of the season with three interceptions. Mark Ramos, K, will likely end up with more D1 offers than anyone. He’s Money! Cedric Allen. MLB, a disruptive force on D. Next years class looks really good for Andress. Don’t sleep on them!

AD
Don’t sleep on the Andress senior class. Darian Smith is one of the toughest receivers in the class. He catches passes over the middle, takes the contact, and holds on to the ball. Dominik Smith, QB, is coming in to his own in the passing game. He is also an elusive threat on the QB keeper. Jalen Joseph, RB, has power and speed. He takes the ball up the middle when most won’t. He had 15 TDs, more than most backs. He did it on half the carries that most backs get. Jalen Pinckens, SS, in or around almost every tackle. Andrew Henderson, CB, really came on at the midway point of the season with three interceptions. Mark Ramos, K, will likely end up with more D1 offers than anyone. He’s Money! Cedric Allen. MLB, a disruptive force on D. Next years class looks really good for Andress. Don’t sleep on them!
Eric Ramirez LB from Montwood lead the team in tackles and finished 2nd in 1-6A in Tackles. Will be a disruptive factor in 2018-19.

Juco
Edgar
Well then you don\'t know too much then. Eastlake has barnwell, montwood had reddix, deharo Ortega, this year they have andrus, and fernandez. Look the bottom line is there are less then 1% Hispanics in div1 football. It\'s just a reality. Doesn\'t make the kids that came through dv bad players. Most of them are great playera, they just lack the physical attributes to play on tv.
dots person I agree with you in that most players that go through DV are not bad players. Many I think have had the talent to play at the Division 1 level but for some reason are not getting the Division 1 offers and signing with Division 1 programs. There are other reasons as to why players from Del Valle are not getting offers from Division 1 programs besides the lack of physical attributes. I don\'t know what that is but there is more to it because obviously there have been many players that have played at Del Valle over the years that had that next level talent and the attributes but never received Division 1 offers. Why is this???? Who knows but I do think it\'s a big problem that should be looked into.

dots person the other player you mentioned like Barnwell, Reddix, DeHaro, Ortega I think did not sign official offers to UTEP on signing day. I\'m not to sure about this but I think they did not. The eventually made the team months after signing day and later earned some type of scholarship but I don\'t think they signed full rides on the actual day of signing day which I believe is the question risen here.

Hard to believe with all the winning Del Valle has done in El Paso and Steven Montez has been the only Del Valle student athlete to have received some offers from Division 1 Programs and to have officially signed to a Division 1 Program to Colorado. Personally I don't think it's just a Del Valle problem but a problem with all high school football programs in the city of El Paso.
NCAA Divison 1---3% hispanic
NFL--------------1% hispanic (26 players)

Not very good odds. I think it comes down to genetics. Not many 6 ft 5 inch hispanic kids walking around in our high schools. We are short and fat....lol

Juco
Edgar
Well then you don\\\'t know too much then. Eastlake has barnwell, montwood had reddix, deharo Ortega, this year they have andrus, and fernandez. Look the bottom line is there are less then 1% Hispanics in div1 football. It\\\'s just a reality. Doesn\\\'t make the kids that came through dv bad players. Most of them are great playera, they just lack the physical attributes to play on tv.
dots person I agree with you in that most players that go through DV are not bad players. Many I think have had the talent to play at the Division 1 level but for some reason are not getting the Division 1 offers and signing with Division 1 programs. There are other reasons as to why players from Del Valle are not getting offers from Division 1 programs besides the lack of physical attributes. I don\\\'t know what that is but there is more to it because obviously there have been many players that have played at Del Valle over the years that had that next level talent and the attributes but never received Division 1 offers. Why is this???? Who knows but I do think it\\\'s a big problem that should be looked into.

dots person the other player you mentioned like Barnwell, Reddix, DeHaro, Ortega I think did not sign official offers to UTEP on signing day. I\\\'m not to sure about this but I think they did not. The eventually made the team months after signing day and later earned some type of scholarship but I don\\\'t think they signed full rides on the actual day of signing day which I believe is the question risen here.

Hard to believe with all the winning Del Valle has done in El Paso and Steven Montez has been the only Del Valle student athlete to have received some offers from Division 1 Programs and to have officially signed to a Division 1 Program to Colorado. Personally I don\'t think it\'s just a Del Valle problem but a problem with all high school football programs in the city of El Paso.
NCAA Divison 1---3% hispanic
NFL--------------1% hispanic (26 players)

Not very good odds. I think it comes down to genetics. Not many 6 ft 5 inch hispanic kids walking around in our high schools. We are short and fat....lol
Fat because of all the eating at BBQ's and especially Beer drinking while watching NCAA football and NFL games.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m