EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Non-District opponents

Who would you like your team to face in the new non-district schedules

Re: New Non-District opponents

I believe that every EP team should at least face one power house in pre district. Whether that be a NM power house or Tx it doesn’t matter. I would love for Chapin, Eastlake, Pebble Hills, Andress, Montwood all the top teams to play a team such as Abilene cooper, palo duro, everman a team that is know for winning and has had playoff success.

Footbaaaaalll
I believe that every EP team should at least face one power house in pre district. Whether that be a NM power house or Tx it doesn’t matter. I would love for Chapin, Eastlake, Pebble Hills, Andress, Montwood all the top teams to play a team such as Abilene cooper, palo duro, everman a team that is know for winning and has had playoff success.
But how would a powerhouse playing a weaker team benefit them? One must look at it both ways.

The Abilene Coopers, Palo Duros, Evermans, and other programs also would prefer playing tougher teams than them.

Heard Eastwood has Plano scheduled. That's a big time program! Wonder if they might keep Midland Christian and/or Permian.

DesertGator91
Heard Eastwood has Plano scheduled. That's a big time program! Wonder if they might keep Midland Christian and/or Permian.
Eastwood needs to figure out how to win district and get into the playoffs because they can't seem to achieve either one. Speaking of Eastwood are they getting a whole new coaching staff?

Not from what I hear at the moment

DesertGator91
Plano hasn't bed a top notch program in 20 years. Don't try and hype eastwood up.

Most of the 6a schools all play out of town opponents. I'm sure this trend will continue.

Wouldn't it be great if some how we could have a yearly triple or double header at the Sunbowl or SAC between RGV and El PASO schools for pre district? They could name it "The Rio Grande Classic".

Koolarrow
Wouldn't it be great if some how we could have a yearly triple or double header at the Sunbowl or SAC between RGV and El PASO schools for pre district? They could name it "The Rio Grande Classic".
Districts need to set up some non district games against some Top Rated Arizona & New Mexico teams. Tucson is the same driving distance as Midland. Would be nice to face different teams.

DesertGator91
Heard Eastwood has Plano scheduled. That\'s a big time program! Wonder if they might keep Midland Christian and/or Permian.
Plano hasn't bed a top notch program in 20 years. Don't try and hype eastwood up.
Just like Pebble hyping up against Irvin.

Tru
Koolarrow
Wouldn\'t it be great if some how we could have a yearly triple or double header at the Sunbowl or SAC between RGV and El PASO schools for pre district? They could name it \"The Rio Grande Classic\".
Districts need to set up some non district games against some Top Rated Arizona & New Mexico teams. Tucson is the same driving distance as Midland. Would be nice to face different teams.
From what ive heard, coach P at Del Valle has tried to set up games with Tucson teams but hasnt had luck. Im not sure on the accuracy of that though.

I'm sure the biggest problem with all of this is the almighty dollar. I'm sure out districts don't want to pay.

DesertGator91
Heard Eastwood has Plano scheduled. That\'s a big time program! Wonder if they might keep Midland Christian and/or Permian.
Plano took Euless Trinity to overtime in this years playoffs..

Top 5A teams should try to schedule 6a teams (except Socorro). Since there will be a Division I and II split in 5a, maybe Andress can play Chapin, Eastlake or Del Valle. Andress will need tough non-district teams because their district will be even weaker if Chapin goes Div. I. Frenship had an a bad team this year so I'm not sure EP teams should schedule them again until their program improves again.

Franklin playing Copperas Cove was good, would like to see them try for San Angelo again.

6a teams to schedule should be Midland Lee and Permian. The Rio Rancho NM teams are very good too.

Our 6as already play those teams along with frenship Midland high Midland Christian

Our 6as already play those teams along with frenship Midland high Midland Christian
They have played them in the past and they should continue playing them. Let's see who they schedule in the future.

What would be nice is for two areas that get destroyed in playoffs to play against each other El Paso vs Rio Grande Valley teams. Although this is a logistical nightmare it can be done and would be nice to see.

If this goes through "Big statement being Made by Del Valle " Playing Aledo is one big bold move that's needed and worth watching !!!! Way to step up OFOD !!!!!

Del Valle tenatively slated to play Las Cruces Mayfield, Canutillo, Aledo, Americas in non-district football games next season.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m