EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Parkland vs Richland

Competition gets tougher for the Matators. Just like any other DFW team, Richland has size and speed. Richland has a stud LB that is committed to Texas A&M and more than likely will key on shutting down Hankins. Parkland will have to play mistake free and not give Richland any easy opportunities.

Re: Parkland vs Richland

I heard 1:00 pm Saturday, at Jones Stadium, Lubbock.

Koolarrow
Competition gets tougher for the Matators. Just like any other DFW team, Richland has size and speed. Richland has a stud LB that is committed to Texas A&M and more than likely will key on shutting down Hankins. Parkland will have to play mistake free and not give Richland any easy opportunities.
Funny about this post of yours is that if it was any other El Paso team playing Richland or any other El Paso team playing in Round 3 against any other out of town team the comment would be or almost be the same as your comment. I've been coming to this forum for years and when the playoffs get here especially in Round 2 and 3 these comments seem all the same that this out of town team has this or that. Nothing against your comment I just find it funny or rather I say repetitious.

Juco
Koolarrow
Funny about this post of yours is that if it was any other El Paso team playing Richland or any other El Paso team playing in Round 3 against any other out of town team the comment would be or almost be the same as your comment. I've been coming to this forum for years and when the playoffs get here especially in Round 2 and 3 these comments seem all the same that this out of town team has this or that. Nothing against your comment I just find it funny or rather I say repetitious.
I too have been coming to this forum for several years and around this time late November these sorts of comments begin to surface in here.

Just when Parkland beats Richland the same comments will be posted about the winning team between Aledo and Abilene Cooper. Either Aledo and Abilene Cooper will be the team Parkland plays next after beating Richland.

For some reason it's very rare for people to post comments about how tough a El Paso team is and how they have a player or players with division 1 offers and how they have alot of weapons on offense and defense and will do well in the playoffs and that the out of town team will have their hands full with this El Paso team. I guess noone post those types of comments because El Paso teams do not get to the 3rd, 4th, 5th and to State often and so people go by that and stick to the status quo like robots.

BeastofNE
Juco
Koolarrow
I too have been coming to this forum for several years and around this time late November these sorts of comments begin to surface in here.

Just when Parkland beats Richland the same comments will be posted about the winning team between Aledo and Abilene Cooper. Either Aledo and Abilene Cooper will be the team Parkland plays next after beating Richland.

For some reason it's very rare for people to post comments about how tough a El Paso team is and how they have a player or players with division 1 offers and how they have alot of weapons on offense and defense and will do well in the playoffs and that the out of town team will have their hands full with this El Paso team. I guess noone post those types of comments because El Paso teams do not get to the 3rd, 4th, 5th and to State often and so people go by that and stick to the status quo like robots.
Trust me!! Parkland will NOT beat Richland, same thing that happened to Montwood vs Arlington will happen top the Matadors. Parkland has never played a school from DFW and those boys are huge and strong. I really hope im wrong and will come on here and eat crow if Parkland wins.

Koolarrow
BeastofNE
Juco
Koolarrow

Trust me!! Parkland will NOT beat Richland, same thing that happened to Montwood vs Arlington will happen top the Matadors. Parkland has never played a school from DFW and those boys are huge and strong. I really hope im wrong and will come on here and eat crow if Parkland wins.
Koolarrow you will be back and eat crow with a side of rice, beans, and a large Dr. Pepper and then you will come back to this forum repost the exact same stuff about Cooper or Aledo. But it's ok it's all fun. Koolarrow you are not the only one who feels that Parkland will lose against Richland and ironically people like you not only have Parkland losing this game against Richland but you have Parkland losing their following game against Cooper or Aledo and if they beat Cooper or Aledo which you and others do not feel will happen will already have them losing in Round 5 against either Waxahachie, Lone Star, Mansfield Legacy or North Forney in Round 5. Koolarrow nothing against you it's just like I said comments like yours are so repetitive. For pete's sake the 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, seasons are not even here yet and I know you and others already have El Paso teams losing in Round 2, 3, 4, and Round 5 of the playoffs tomorrow and beyond and do not see El Paso teams getting to the State Title game. 5 to 9 year old El Paso kids right now in youth football are dreaming to someday go deep in the playoffs and represent the city of El Paso but little do those little kids know that you and others already see them losing in the playoffs to out of town teams before they even make the varsity team. Poor kids are seen by you and others losing before they even make a varsity roster.

Parkland head coach was on Texas Football Today show. Interview starts at 19:00 minute
http://www.texasfootball.com/Live/

The reason why people say the third round is tough for El Paso is because in history only one team from El Paso has ever won...in fact most of the years a team that has gotten to the third round El Paso teams get blown out...so you can understand why there's trepidation..

Parkland has a punchers chance for sure..Round 3 everyone is good and mistakes are magnified...good luck to the Mats, I think they will score points but the key will be can their defense make plays against Richland...

MattStepp
The reason why people say the third round is tough for El Paso is because in history only one team from El Paso has ever won...in fact most of the years a team that has gotten to the third round El Paso teams get blown out...so you can understand why there's trepidation..

Thank you Matt! That's exactly what I was trying to say in my opening post. Hey Matt, you being from the DFW and are more familiar with Richland..... What can we expect from Richland?

Richland is a solid team, very little tradition to speak of only been to the third round once in school history...finished third in their district behind Colleyville Heritage and Grapevine (who lost to Aledo last week)...LB is a stud committed to A&M and the WR Rice is a junior and holds multiple D1 offers..I actually haven't seen them in person this year but they generally are solid up front and have decent team speed.....aside from the stud LB I do think the defense is suspect

MattStepp
Richland is a solid team, very little tradition to speak of only been to the third round once in school history...finished third in their district behind Colleyville Heritage and Grapevine (who lost to Aledo last week)...LB is a stud committed to A&M and the WR Rice is a junior and holds multiple D1 offers..I actually haven't seen them in person this year but they generally are solid up front and have decent team speed.....aside from the stud LB I do think the defense is suspect
I agree with you on that LB, saw his most recent highlight video on YOUTUBE and hes as good as I've seen at the high school level. I think Parkland matches up well with them but will have to play physical defense until the whistle blows.

MattStepp
Matt, Koolarrow or any so called pundits out there hypathically speaking Parkland beat Richland tell me what your thoughts are on Parkland against either Abilene Cooper or Aledo?

If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I'd say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..

MattStepp
If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I'd say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..
Matt would you happen to know if any players on the Cooper team have official "legit" D1 offers?

Juco
MattStepp
If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I\'d say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..
Matt would you happen to know if any players on the Cooper team have official "legit" D1 offers?
Dont worry about Cooper as they will not beat Aledo. But if you really want to know...... Cooper WR #1 Myller Royals is commited to Texas Tech.

Koolarrow
Juco
MattStepp
If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I\\\'d say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..
Matt would you happen to know if any players on the Cooper team have official \"legit\" D1 offers?
Dont worry about Cooper as they will not beat Aledo. But if you really want to know...... Cooper WR #1 Myller Royals is commited to Texas Tech.
Thanks for doing the research and sharing your findings. You're a good man. :+1:

Koolarrow
Trust me!! Parkland will NOT beat Richland, same thing that happened to Montwood vs Arlington will happen to the Matadors.
Koolarrow I've been planning on taking my family to watch Parkland play Richland in Lubbock. Koolarrow are you saying I should just cancel the trip and save my time, my families time and especially my money?

Williams
Koolarrow
Trust me!! Parkland will NOT beat Richland, same thing that happened to Montwood vs Arlington will happen to the Matadors.
Koolarrow I've been planning on taking my family to watch Parkland play Richland in Lubbock. Koolarrow are you saying I should just cancel the trip and save my time, my families time and especially my money?
That’s a choice that you’re gonna have to make buddy. But I hope I don’t have to tell you, “I told you so”

Juco
Koolarrow
Juco
MattStepp
If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I\\\\\\\'d say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..
Matt would you happen to know if any players on the Cooper team have official \\\"legit\\\" D1 offers?
Thanks for doing the research and sharing your findings. You're a good man. :+1:
No research man. I just remember reading about that I while back.

Parkland players, Parkland fans and El Paso, TX football fans don't listen to these idiots like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp. Everyone knows there are lots of better teams out there on paper and film and that these teams are highly favored teams who have more talent and better coaching and overall superb programs but the games still have to be played so absolutely nothing is set in stone.

I remember everyone was against my boy and his Canutillo teammates in 2014. People like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp were saying that San Angelo Lakeview would beat Canutillo in the second round and our Eagles beat San Angelo Lakeview. Then after that those same idiots said Azle would beat Canutillo in the third round and our Eagles beat them also. Then after that those same idiots said Everman would beat Canutillo in the fourth round and our Eagles beat them as well. Then after that those same jackbutts said Ennis would beat Canutillo and they finally got their guess right but point of all this is that those dummies guess more wrong than guess right.

Give them hell Parkland and don't worry about these idiots they just live off favorites. Davids everyday throughout the world beat Goliaths but rarely do people write about the Davids. It's easy to predict the Goliaths over the Davids it's a no brainer. These guys like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp don't know crap they just live their lives picking the Goliaths. They watch film, scan through statistics and just like that they will pick the Goliaths with more talent, speed, better stats, more ncaa d1 prospects and coaching. Anyone can do that. I know that alot of 6th graders can kick a 4th graders butt majority of the time but there are 3rd graders from time to time that can kick 4th and 5th and 6th graders butts every now and then. Believe me I've seen it back in the day.

UpperValley
Parkland players, Parkland fans and El Paso, TX football fans don't listen to these idiots like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp. Everyone knows there are lots of better teams out there on paper and film and that these teams are highly favored teams who have more talent and better coaching and overall superb programs but the games still have to be played so absolutely nothing is set in stone.

I remember everyone was against my boy and his Canutillo teammates in 2014. People like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp were saying that San Angelo Lakeview would beat Canutillo in the second round and our Eagles beat San Angelo Lakeview. Then after that those same idiots said Azle would beat Canutillo in the third round and our Eagles beat them also. Then after that those same idiots said Everman would beat Canutillo in the fourth round and our Eagles beat them as well. Then after that those same jackbutts said Ennis would beat Canutillo and they finally got their guess right but point of all this is that those dummies guess more wrong than guess right.

Give them hell Parkland and don't worry about these idiots they just live off favorites. Davids everyday throughout the world beat Goliaths but rarely do people write about the Davids. It's easy to predict the Goliaths over the Davids it's a no brainer. These guys like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp don't know crap they just live their lives picking the Goliaths. They watch film, scan through statistics and just like that they will pick the Goliaths with more talent, speed, better stats, more ncaa d1 prospects and coaching. Anyone can do that. I know that alot of 6th graders can kick a 4th graders butt majority of the time but there are 3rd graders from time to time that can kick 4th and 5th and 6th graders butts every now and then. Believe me I've seen it back in the day.
Funny how Canutillo fans will for eternity live in the memory of the 2014 team. Just like UTEP does with the 1966 NCAA championship team. But anyways, Parkland doesn’t even nearly have the caliber of defense that that 2014 Eagles team had. And at this level (3rd round of Texas High School Football playoffs) a stout defense will allow you to advance.

1 2 3 4 5
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m