EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parkland vs Richland

Competition gets tougher for the Matators. Just like any other DFW team, Richland has size and speed. Richland has a stud LB that is committed to Texas A&M and more than likely will key on shutting down Hankins. Parkland will have to play mistake free and not give Richland any easy opportunities.

Re: Parkland vs Richland

I heard 1:00 pm Saturday, at Jones Stadium, Lubbock.

Koolarrow
Competition gets tougher for the Matators. Just like any other DFW team, Richland has size and speed. Richland has a stud LB that is committed to Texas A&M and more than likely will key on shutting down Hankins. Parkland will have to play mistake free and not give Richland any easy opportunities.
Funny about this post of yours is that if it was any other El Paso team playing Richland or any other El Paso team playing in Round 3 against any other out of town team the comment would be or almost be the same as your comment. I've been coming to this forum for years and when the playoffs get here especially in Round 2 and 3 these comments seem all the same that this out of town team has this or that. Nothing against your comment I just find it funny or rather I say repetitious.

Juco
Koolarrow
Funny about this post of yours is that if it was any other El Paso team playing Richland or any other El Paso team playing in Round 3 against any other out of town team the comment would be or almost be the same as your comment. I've been coming to this forum for years and when the playoffs get here especially in Round 2 and 3 these comments seem all the same that this out of town team has this or that. Nothing against your comment I just find it funny or rather I say repetitious.
I too have been coming to this forum for several years and around this time late November these sorts of comments begin to surface in here.

Just when Parkland beats Richland the same comments will be posted about the winning team between Aledo and Abilene Cooper. Either Aledo and Abilene Cooper will be the team Parkland plays next after beating Richland.

For some reason it's very rare for people to post comments about how tough a El Paso team is and how they have a player or players with division 1 offers and how they have alot of weapons on offense and defense and will do well in the playoffs and that the out of town team will have their hands full with this El Paso team. I guess noone post those types of comments because El Paso teams do not get to the 3rd, 4th, 5th and to State often and so people go by that and stick to the status quo like robots.

BeastofNE
Juco
Koolarrow
I too have been coming to this forum for several years and around this time late November these sorts of comments begin to surface in here.

Just when Parkland beats Richland the same comments will be posted about the winning team between Aledo and Abilene Cooper. Either Aledo and Abilene Cooper will be the team Parkland plays next after beating Richland.

For some reason it's very rare for people to post comments about how tough a El Paso team is and how they have a player or players with division 1 offers and how they have alot of weapons on offense and defense and will do well in the playoffs and that the out of town team will have their hands full with this El Paso team. I guess noone post those types of comments because El Paso teams do not get to the 3rd, 4th, 5th and to State often and so people go by that and stick to the status quo like robots.
Trust me!! Parkland will NOT beat Richland, same thing that happened to Montwood vs Arlington will happen top the Matadors. Parkland has never played a school from DFW and those boys are huge and strong. I really hope im wrong and will come on here and eat crow if Parkland wins.

Koolarrow
BeastofNE
Juco
Koolarrow

Trust me!! Parkland will NOT beat Richland, same thing that happened to Montwood vs Arlington will happen top the Matadors. Parkland has never played a school from DFW and those boys are huge and strong. I really hope im wrong and will come on here and eat crow if Parkland wins.
Koolarrow you will be back and eat crow with a side of rice, beans, and a large Dr. Pepper and then you will come back to this forum repost the exact same stuff about Cooper or Aledo. But it's ok it's all fun. Koolarrow you are not the only one who feels that Parkland will lose against Richland and ironically people like you not only have Parkland losing this game against Richland but you have Parkland losing their following game against Cooper or Aledo and if they beat Cooper or Aledo which you and others do not feel will happen will already have them losing in Round 5 against either Waxahachie, Lone Star, Mansfield Legacy or North Forney in Round 5. Koolarrow nothing against you it's just like I said comments like yours are so repetitive. For pete's sake the 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, seasons are not even here yet and I know you and others already have El Paso teams losing in Round 2, 3, 4, and Round 5 of the playoffs tomorrow and beyond and do not see El Paso teams getting to the State Title game. 5 to 9 year old El Paso kids right now in youth football are dreaming to someday go deep in the playoffs and represent the city of El Paso but little do those little kids know that you and others already see them losing in the playoffs to out of town teams before they even make the varsity team. Poor kids are seen by you and others losing before they even make a varsity roster.

Parkland head coach was on Texas Football Today show. Interview starts at 19:00 minute
http://www.texasfootball.com/Live/

The reason why people say the third round is tough for El Paso is because in history only one team from El Paso has ever won...in fact most of the years a team that has gotten to the third round El Paso teams get blown out...so you can understand why there's trepidation..

Parkland has a punchers chance for sure..Round 3 everyone is good and mistakes are magnified...good luck to the Mats, I think they will score points but the key will be can their defense make plays against Richland...

MattStepp
The reason why people say the third round is tough for El Paso is because in history only one team from El Paso has ever won...in fact most of the years a team that has gotten to the third round El Paso teams get blown out...so you can understand why there's trepidation..

Thank you Matt! That's exactly what I was trying to say in my opening post. Hey Matt, you being from the DFW and are more familiar with Richland..... What can we expect from Richland?

Richland is a solid team, very little tradition to speak of only been to the third round once in school history...finished third in their district behind Colleyville Heritage and Grapevine (who lost to Aledo last week)...LB is a stud committed to A&M and the WR Rice is a junior and holds multiple D1 offers..I actually haven't seen them in person this year but they generally are solid up front and have decent team speed.....aside from the stud LB I do think the defense is suspect

MattStepp
Richland is a solid team, very little tradition to speak of only been to the third round once in school history...finished third in their district behind Colleyville Heritage and Grapevine (who lost to Aledo last week)...LB is a stud committed to A&M and the WR Rice is a junior and holds multiple D1 offers..I actually haven't seen them in person this year but they generally are solid up front and have decent team speed.....aside from the stud LB I do think the defense is suspect
I agree with you on that LB, saw his most recent highlight video on YOUTUBE and hes as good as I've seen at the high school level. I think Parkland matches up well with them but will have to play physical defense until the whistle blows.

MattStepp
Matt, Koolarrow or any so called pundits out there hypathically speaking Parkland beat Richland tell me what your thoughts are on Parkland against either Abilene Cooper or Aledo?

If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I'd say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..

MattStepp
If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I'd say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..
Matt would you happen to know if any players on the Cooper team have official "legit" D1 offers?

Juco
MattStepp
If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I\'d say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..
Matt would you happen to know if any players on the Cooper team have official "legit" D1 offers?
Dont worry about Cooper as they will not beat Aledo. But if you really want to know...... Cooper WR #1 Myller Royals is commited to Texas Tech.

Koolarrow
Juco
MattStepp
If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I\\\'d say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..
Matt would you happen to know if any players on the Cooper team have official \"legit\" D1 offers?
Dont worry about Cooper as they will not beat Aledo. But if you really want to know...... Cooper WR #1 Myller Royals is commited to Texas Tech.
Thanks for doing the research and sharing your findings. You're a good man. :+1:

Koolarrow
Trust me!! Parkland will NOT beat Richland, same thing that happened to Montwood vs Arlington will happen to the Matadors.
Koolarrow I've been planning on taking my family to watch Parkland play Richland in Lubbock. Koolarrow are you saying I should just cancel the trip and save my time, my families time and especially my money?

Williams
Koolarrow
Trust me!! Parkland will NOT beat Richland, same thing that happened to Montwood vs Arlington will happen to the Matadors.
Koolarrow I've been planning on taking my family to watch Parkland play Richland in Lubbock. Koolarrow are you saying I should just cancel the trip and save my time, my families time and especially my money?
That’s a choice that you’re gonna have to make buddy. But I hope I don’t have to tell you, “I told you so”

Juco
Koolarrow
Juco
MattStepp
If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I\\\\\\\'d say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..
Matt would you happen to know if any players on the Cooper team have official \\\"legit\\\" D1 offers?
Thanks for doing the research and sharing your findings. You're a good man. :+1:
No research man. I just remember reading about that I while back.

Parkland players, Parkland fans and El Paso, TX football fans don't listen to these idiots like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp. Everyone knows there are lots of better teams out there on paper and film and that these teams are highly favored teams who have more talent and better coaching and overall superb programs but the games still have to be played so absolutely nothing is set in stone.

I remember everyone was against my boy and his Canutillo teammates in 2014. People like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp were saying that San Angelo Lakeview would beat Canutillo in the second round and our Eagles beat San Angelo Lakeview. Then after that those same idiots said Azle would beat Canutillo in the third round and our Eagles beat them also. Then after that those same idiots said Everman would beat Canutillo in the fourth round and our Eagles beat them as well. Then after that those same jackbutts said Ennis would beat Canutillo and they finally got their guess right but point of all this is that those dummies guess more wrong than guess right.

Give them hell Parkland and don't worry about these idiots they just live off favorites. Davids everyday throughout the world beat Goliaths but rarely do people write about the Davids. It's easy to predict the Goliaths over the Davids it's a no brainer. These guys like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp don't know crap they just live their lives picking the Goliaths. They watch film, scan through statistics and just like that they will pick the Goliaths with more talent, speed, better stats, more ncaa d1 prospects and coaching. Anyone can do that. I know that alot of 6th graders can kick a 4th graders butt majority of the time but there are 3rd graders from time to time that can kick 4th and 5th and 6th graders butts every now and then. Believe me I've seen it back in the day.

UpperValley
Parkland players, Parkland fans and El Paso, TX football fans don't listen to these idiots like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp. Everyone knows there are lots of better teams out there on paper and film and that these teams are highly favored teams who have more talent and better coaching and overall superb programs but the games still have to be played so absolutely nothing is set in stone.

I remember everyone was against my boy and his Canutillo teammates in 2014. People like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp were saying that San Angelo Lakeview would beat Canutillo in the second round and our Eagles beat San Angelo Lakeview. Then after that those same idiots said Azle would beat Canutillo in the third round and our Eagles beat them also. Then after that those same idiots said Everman would beat Canutillo in the fourth round and our Eagles beat them as well. Then after that those same jackbutts said Ennis would beat Canutillo and they finally got their guess right but point of all this is that those dummies guess more wrong than guess right.

Give them hell Parkland and don't worry about these idiots they just live off favorites. Davids everyday throughout the world beat Goliaths but rarely do people write about the Davids. It's easy to predict the Goliaths over the Davids it's a no brainer. These guys like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp don't know crap they just live their lives picking the Goliaths. They watch film, scan through statistics and just like that they will pick the Goliaths with more talent, speed, better stats, more ncaa d1 prospects and coaching. Anyone can do that. I know that alot of 6th graders can kick a 4th graders butt majority of the time but there are 3rd graders from time to time that can kick 4th and 5th and 6th graders butts every now and then. Believe me I've seen it back in the day.
Funny how Canutillo fans will for eternity live in the memory of the 2014 team. Just like UTEP does with the 1966 NCAA championship team. But anyways, Parkland doesn’t even nearly have the caliber of defense that that 2014 Eagles team had. And at this level (3rd round of Texas High School Football playoffs) a stout defense will allow you to advance.

Lol did this guy just say that they only pick these teams because they are bigger faster strong Dr and he more d1s lol.....we'll yeah that is how you predict a winner smh. Bottom line is canutillo had the perfect storm in 14. Made small school played only teams that finished 3rd or 4th in district. Period and that is it. Parkland had a good draw this year. I hope they beat rich land but trust in the fact that aledo is a different entity. .....

Koolarrow
UpperValley
Parkland players, Parkland fans and El Paso, TX football fans don\'t listen to these idiots like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp. Everyone knows there are lots of better teams out there on paper and film and that these teams are highly favored teams who have more talent and better coaching and overall superb programs but the games still have to be played so absolutely nothing is set in stone.

Give them hell Parkland and don\'t worry about these idiots they just live off favorites. Davids everyday throughout the world beat Goliaths but rarely do people write about the Davids. It\'s easy to predict the Goliaths over the Davids it\'s a no brainer. These guys like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp don\'t know crap they just live their lives picking the Goliaths. They watch film, scan through statistics and just like that they will pick the Goliaths with more talent, speed, better stats, more ncaa d1 prospects and coaching. Anyone can do that. I know that alot of 6th graders can kick a 4th graders butt majority of the time but there are 3rd graders from time to time that can kick 4th and 5th and 6th graders butts every now and then. Believe me I\'ve seen it back in the day.
Funny how Canutillo fans will for eternity live in the memory of the 2014 team. Just like UTEP does with the 1966 NCAA championship team. But anyways, Parkland doesn’t even nearly have the caliber of defense that that 2014 Eagles team had. And at this level (3rd round of Texas High School Football playoffs) a stout defense will allow you to advance.
Caliber of defense that 2014 Eagles team had? A stout defense? You clowns weren't saying that before we started beating out of town teams in the playoffs. I swear you clowns jump on bandwagons. No clowns gave my boy and his teammates at Canutillo any chance in the playoffs versus out of town teams just as you are doing today with Parkland. So don't post as if you knew Canutillo was going to make history. You were the same then as you are now with all your easy guess work on favorites.

Lol did this guy just say that they only pick these teams because they are bigger faster strong Dr and he more d1s lol.....we'll yeah that is how you predict a winner smh. Bottom line is canutillo had the perfect storm in 14. Made small school played only teams that finished 3rd or 4th in district. Period and that is it. Parkland had a good draw this year. I hope they beat rich land but trust in the fact that aledo is a different entity. .....
This is the perfect example on HOW not to make sense on a message board post.

UpperValley
Koolarrow
UpperValley
Parkland players, Parkland fans and El Paso, TX football fans don\\'t listen to these idiots like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp. Everyone knows there are lots of better teams out there on paper and film and that these teams are highly favored teams who have more talent and better coaching and overall superb programs but the games still have to be played so absolutely nothing is set in stone.

Give them hell Parkland and don\\'t worry about these idiots they just live off favorites. Davids everyday throughout the world beat Goliaths but rarely do people write about the Davids. It\\'s easy to predict the Goliaths over the Davids it\\'s a no brainer. These guys like Koolarrow and Matt Stepp don\\'t know crap they just live their lives picking the Goliaths. They watch film, scan through statistics and just like that they will pick the Goliaths with more talent, speed, better stats, more ncaa d1 prospects and coaching. Anyone can do that. I know that alot of 6th graders can kick a 4th graders butt majority of the time but there are 3rd graders from time to time that can kick 4th and 5th and 6th graders butts every now and then. Believe me I\\'ve seen it back in the day.
Caliber of defense that 2014 Eagles team had? A stout defense? You clowns weren't saying that before we started beating out of town teams in the playoffs. I swear you clowns jump on bandwagons. No clowns gave my boy and his teammates at Canutillo any chance in the playoffs versus out of town teams just as you are doing today with Parkland. So don't post as if you knew Canutillo was going to make history. You were the same then as you are now with all your easy guess work on favorites.
But why are you so angry though. It’s ok,,,(pads you on your back) you guys did good in 2014. Now put that to rest and move on. Smh!!!!

Koolarrow you should call Parkland head coach E Frontz and his assistants and tell them to not bother watching footage on Richland and not to bother with practicing this week. Tell them to forfeit and reserve the embarrassment. Go ahead do it 9154346000

In 2014 Canutillo did play some teams that finished 3rd and 4th in their district but Azle were district champions and they were 11-1 going into the game vs the Eagles. I then watched them hang tough vs Ennis (eventual champions) through 2 and a half quarters. Score was 20-13, never in my life did I expect an El Paso team to compete against a title contender, even if the final score showed a complete blowout.

Good luck to the Matadors! They were the only team I thought had a chance to advance last week so of course I think they have a chance to win this week. I don't know how big a chance it is but I hope they play their best game of their lives!

BeastofNE
Koolarrow you should call Parkland head coach E Frontz and his assistants and tell them to not bother watching footage on Richland and not to bother with practicing this week. Tell them to forfeit and reserve the embarrassment. Go ahead do it 9154346000
I don’t need to tell them anything. I’m sure they are well aware.

Koolarrow
I wonder if the LB will switch now that A&M fired the coach.

Koolarrow
BeastofNE
Juco
Koolarrow

I very much want Cooper to beat Aledo. I would like anyone to stop the Aledo domination, for that matter. There's only one game a year in which I don't want Abilene Cooper to win, and that's against my Abilene Eagles. But I predict the Bearcats will roflstomp the Cougars in their own backyard on Friday, and win very comfortably over every team in their bracket on their way to another State title this year, being a top 10 team or 12th at worst of all teams in the state across all classifications. I will celebrate the day if/when they lose and will say thank you very much to their victors.

MattStepp

Parkland has a punchers chance for sure..Round 3 everyone is good and mistakes are magnified...good luck to the Mats, I think they will score points but the key will be can their defense make plays against Richland...
This is also what the "Valley" teams see every year when trying to get past the San Antonio powers. I can only remember once, in 5A or 6A, a Valley team as of late got to the 4th round.

MattStepp
Aye. Cooper is like Midland Lee: 175% offense and 25% defense.

Juco
Koolarrow
Juco
MattStepp
If Abilene Cooper pulled off the massive upset of Aledo; I\\\\\\\'d say Parkland has a shot because Cooper is suspect on D....Aledo?? Not pretty..
Matt would you happen to know if any players on the Cooper team have official \\\"legit\\\" D1 offers?
The three Abilene schools get overlooked a lot by D1 schools until after their senior season is over. Even last year, Abilene High's team that nearly beat DeSoto only had three that went to a D1 School, and the third one was not recruited by anyone bigger than D3 until after his playoff performance. Our city's athletes are usually not the physical specimens of size, speed, agility, strength, etc that most D1's recruit. But when they are recruited even before their senior season, they are standouts. Current Texas Longhorn OL (JR) Jake McMillon is an example, plus his younger brother Coy now in his first year at TCU, and our leading rusher of all time Abram Smith now in his first year at Baylor.

I think more D1 and D2 schools will look seriously at Cooper's players on offense, but it'll be based on playoff statistics.

Koolarrow
Williams
Koolarrow
Koolarrow I\'ve been planning on taking my family to watch Parkland play Richland in Lubbock. Koolarrow are you saying I should just cancel the trip and save my time, my families time and especially my money?
That’s a choice that you’re gonna have to make buddy. But I hope I don’t have to tell you, “I told you so”
I almost never miss my Abilene Eagles, no matter the odds, and I don't leave a game early, even this year's terrible blowouts suffered.

UpperValley

Matt Stepp is an idiot? Lives off favorites? Doesn't give a crap?

Grats for being in a world all by your own lonesome.

Objective reporting and analysis is his job.

He has zero favorites.

Actually Upper Valley I picked Canutillo to win Region I that year, including them beating my alma mater in the State Quarter-Finals....so please pump the brakes on the name calling

Everyone can make themselves believe what they want, if you want that narrative of us against the world be my guest....lol

If i pick against a team its because I think they are gonna lose, its nothing personal...its business....I pick upsets all the time, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt..luckily I'm right a lot more than I am wrong...

MattStepp
Actually Upper Valley I picked Canutillo to win Region I that year, including them beating my alma mater in the State Quarter-Finals....so please pump the brakes on the name calling

Everyone can make themselves believe what they want, if you want that narrative of us against the world be my guest....lol

If i pick against a team its because I think they are gonna lose, its nothing personal...its business....I pick upsets all the time, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt..luckily I'm right a lot more than I am wrong...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Matt is like...........

Mic drop photo ku-medium_zpsf480c9a4.gif

MattStepp

Oh the irony of being the main writer for TXHSFB in DCTF,
correctly picking an EP team to win Region 1,
but accused of idiocy and favoritism.

MattStepp

If i pick against a team its because I think they are gonna lose, its nothing personal...its business....I pick upsets all the time, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt..luckily I\'m right a lot more than I am wrong...
Sure you did Matt. You and everyone else before the 2014 Season kicked-off had Canutillo winning Region I. Without any hesitation I call BS on that.

UpperValley
MattStepp

If i pick against a team its because I think they are gonna lose, its nothing personal...its business....I pick upsets all the time, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt..luckily I\\'m right a lot more than I am wrong...
Sure you did Matt. You and everyone else before the 2014 Season kicked-off had Canutillo winning Region I. Without any hesitation I call BS on that.
UV next thing he will probably say is that back in the summer he had Parkland winning Area. LOL

UV and BO both still think Hillary won...

mike03car
UV and BO both still think Hillary won...
I'm like Matt I know all before a season gets underway and a coin toss and before the voting just as I knew along that Donald Trump would become President and that not Hillary or anyone else would defeat him.

This Oprah footage actually helped with my prediction.

You sounded like a denier of something due to disagreement alone, thus I made a jest.

Thanks for the Trump clip. I found it, and a few related suggestions, interesting.

mike03car
You sounded like a denier of something due to disagreement alone.
You're funny mike03car. Now go get a room with Matt.

Go Mats! Go Mats!! Go Mats!!!

My first reply was jest, my second was not, and your recommendation is repugnant.

I did not have Parkland winning area but there are folks in Canutillo who know I picked them back in 2014...had breakfast with one in October at Los Barilles when I was in town...but hey believe what you want....my reputation speaks for itself in the industry I have no reason to lie

MattStepp
I did not have Parkland winning area but there are folks in Canutillo who know I picked them back in 2014...had breakfast with one in October at Los Barilles when I was in town...but hey believe what you want....my reputation speaks for itself in the industry I have no reason to lie
Like Upper Valley I really doubt you or anyone at the beginning of the 2014 season had Canutillo going 5 rounds deep into the playoffs. Such comedians lol!!!!

Behave yourselves and stop acting like little girls. You girls totally hijacked this Parkland thread and made it into a Matt Stepp and Canutillo thread.

Coach
Behave yourselves and stop acting like little girls. You girls totally hijacked this Parkland thread and made it into a Matt Stepp and Canutillo thread.
It's easier for them to spew venom.

I think Parkland will win 97-3. Richland only gets the 3 when Parkland 2/3's go in.

Oh!
I think Parkland will win 97-3. Richland only gets the 3 when Parkland 2/3's go in.
I like Parkland a lot in this game against Richland. Parkland should win it but 97 points? It's not basketball even though Arlington did score 77 on Montwood but still I doubt Parkland will score 97 more like 55. Parkland 55 Richland 35.

twitter !!!!!! it was twitted by TownTalk Sports El Paso earlier..

Here is what to expect from richland offensively!!!! ........http://www.hudl.com/v/28N75S
Here is what to expect defensively !!!............http://www.hudl.com/v/28N7Yy

Richland in dark blue white helmets...

Kingsrealm

Here is what to expect from richland offensively!!!! ........http://www.hudl.com/v/28N75S

Just watched those Richland hudl clips. Richland to me talent wise looks like Bel Air.

I think the matadors fast pace balanced offense will be able to move the ball on Richlands defense and hopefully get their defense winded ..... However the Matts will have to be very very physical on defense those are some big boys on the offensive line that seem to move slow sadly it's hard to judge speed based on film.. but if that's the case as long as the matadors defense stays quick they will have a chance to make plenty of stops... Matts can't afford to have quick 3 and outs though!!!! because if the matts defense tires out those big boys will have a field day !!!!!

Boswell, the team Richland beat in the last round, gave Aledo all it could handle in the district championship game. I think the game will be very interesting. Parkland can't have the lapse they had at the end of the Cooper game. They need to stay focused and not get lost in the moment.

DaRock
Kingsrealm

Just watched those Richland hudl clips. Richland to me talent wise looks like Bel Air.
http://www.hudl.com/v/28N75S

http://www.hudl.com/v/28N7Yy

Made them clickable links. Watched both. From these highlights, it looks like Richland rushing and passing strength is exploiting between the tackles. It also looks like the same area is where their defense is most susceptible.

Good Morning fellow Gridiron enthusiasts. I really really hope I’m wrong but based on regular season schedule strength, player size, player speed and roster depth....... My game prediction is 38-14, Richland wins

Koolarrow
Good Morning fellow Gridiron enthusiasts. I really really hope I’m wrong but based on regular season schedule strength, player size, player speed and roster depth....... My game prediction is 38-14, Richland wins
Good Morning Kooloarrow. Thanks for sharing your prediction. My prediction based on that anything can happen in the playoffs and that is why they play the games is Parkland 42 Richland 24.

mike03car
MattStepp
The reason why people say the third round is tough for El Paso is because in history only one team from El Paso has ever won...in fact most of the years a team that has gotten to the third round El Paso teams get blown out...so you can understand why there\'s trepidation..

This is also what the "Valley" teams see every year when trying to get past the San Antonio powers. I can only remember once, in 5A or 6A, a Valley team as of late got to the 4th round.
You are correct it was Harlingen I believe, and this year is no different:

San Benito vs SA O'Connor (San Benito has the best chance out of all teams in the valley)
Weslaco East vs Steele
Los Fresnos vs Lake Travis in Los Fresnos
Edinburg Vela vs Austin Westlake

BTW three of these teams San Benito, Weslaco East, and Los Fresnos are all from 32-6A Vela is the only outsider and they beat the 4th team from 32-6A in bi district which happened to be my son's school Hanna by a 54 yard field goal!

EP to Brownsville
mike03car
MattStepp
The reason why people say the third round is tough for El Paso is because in history only one team from El Paso has ever won...in fact most of the years a team that has gotten to the third round El Paso teams get blown out...so you can understand why there\\\'s trepidation..

This is also what the \"Valley\" teams see every year when trying to get past the San Antonio powers. I can only remember once, in 5A or 6A, a Valley team as of late got to the 4th round.
You are correct it was Harlingen I believe, and this year is no different:

San Benito vs SA O'Connor (San Benito has the best chance out of all teams in the valley)
Weslaco East vs Steele
Los Fresnos vs Lake Travis in Los Fresnos
Edinburg Vela vs Austin Westlake

BTW three of these teams San Benito, Weslaco East, and Los Fresnos are all from 32-6A Vela is the only outsider and they beat the 4th team from 32-6A in bi district which happened to be my son's school Hanna by a 54 yard field goal!

IIRC, without checking schedule history, I think Harlingen's 4 round playoff run was in 2012, the same year Abilene played them in San Antonio during pre-district for only the 2d or 3rd time ever.

SC
Koolarrow
Good Morning Kooloarrow. Thanks for sharing your prediction. My prediction based on that anything can happen in the playoffs and that is why they play the games is Parkland 42 Richland 24.
My prediction is the team with their name ending with "land" will win. Really going out on a limb here...

mike03car
SC
Koolarrow
My prediction is the team with their name ending with "land" will win. Really going out on a limb here...
Pal I so agree with you. Land is going to win.

Richland has 3 FBS prospects, two on offense, both WR's, and the stud LB ya'll talk about and some good size all around.

Parkland will have to play perfect, and find a way to run the ball against a stout and physical front 7. Like someone mentioned their tempo could hurt them in this game. First time Deion Hankins plays against fellow high-level athletes and it will tell us a lot about that kid, if he tears it up, expect another star and more offers to come his way. Briggs, and Presha can also help their college prospects with solid showings both have been really good.

Richland 38 Parkland 28, Frontz will have them boyz ready, but a few three-and-outs end up being the difference, keeping it real, but GO MATS, put the 79924 on the map!

Go Matadors. Parkland's defense has really stepped it up. Richland is good, #7 definitely needs to be stopped. Deion Hankins has been a Beast coming back after injury and the receivers are doing great. Parkland has the speed and the strength to take on this Richland team. It doesn't matter if the other team is from Dallas, Houston or somwwhere in California or Florida. It's 11 guys agasinst 11. You can do it Matadors.

So much hostility in here! Can't we just pick a winner and leave the namecalling out of it?
Anyways I've come to ask a question because I've yet to receive an answer from any football players on Parkland, because they don't know. Is there going to be a Fan Bus for the game on Saturday? If so, how much and any more details you can spare?
Btw, Got MATS! #PutOnForThe24

NeBattle
So much hostility in here! Can\'t we just pick a winner and leave the namecalling out of it?
Anyways I\'ve come to ask a question because I\'ve yet to receive an answer from any football players on Parkland, because they don\'t know. Is there going to be a Fan Bus for the game on Saturday? If so, how much and any more details you can spare?
I hope so because I read on Facebook that Richland has two charter buses for fans heading to Lubbock. We need to outnumber the DFW folks!!!!

Koolarrow
NeBattle
So much hostility in here! Can\\\'t we just pick a winner and leave the namecalling out of it?
Anyways I\\\'ve come to ask a question because I\\\'ve yet to receive an answer from any football players on Parkland, because they don\\\'t know. Is there going to be a Fan Bus for the game on Saturday? If so, how much and any more details you can spare?
I hope so because I read on Facebook that Richland has two charter buses for fans heading to Lubbock. We need to outnumber the DFW folks!!!!
Koolarrow post that link on facebook saying that Richland is chartering 2 buses. Reason I ask is that I doubt that they are. Prove me wrong.

don't know about 2 buses!!!!! but here is the post!!!!!!!!!!

Official Richland High School
November 28 at 5:53am ·
Rebel fans, we received information this morning that the cost of the charter bus is double what we were told. Therefore, if you are still interested in riding the fan bus to Lubbock on Saturday, the cost will be $60.00 per person and not $30.00 like we originally thought. We are so very sorry for the confusion, but this is beyond our control. We will still need your money by Wednesday if you wish to go, and we must have 50 people minimum. Call the front office at (817)547-7000 if you want to go.

Kingsrealm

don't know about 2 buses!!!!! but here is the post!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel fans, we received information this morning that the cost of the charter bus is double what we were told. Therefore, if you are still interested in riding the fan bus to Lubbock on Saturday, the cost will be $60.00 per person and not $30.00 like we originally thought. We are so very sorry for the confusion, but this is beyond our control. We will still need your money by Wednesday if you wish to go, and we must have 50 people minimum. Call the front office at (817)547-7000 if you want to go.
Please post the link to that post so that we may all see if it's true. Thanks

Williams
Kingsrealm

don\'t know about 2 buses!!!!! but here is the post!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel fans, we received information this morning that the cost of the charter bus is double what we were told. Therefore, if you are still interested in riding the fan bus to Lubbock on Saturday, the cost will be \$60.00 per person and not \$30.00 like we originally thought. We are so very sorry for the confusion, but this is beyond our control. We will still need your money by Wednesday if you wish to go, and we must have 50 people minimum. Call the front office at (817)547-7000 if you want to go.
Please post the link to that post so that we may all see if it's true. Thanks
Ok, perhaps i miss read the post but why would you want proof that the post is legit? What difference does it make? But if you really want to ready the “legit” post, request to get approval to join the Richland Rebel Football group on Facebook so you can see for your self.

Koolarrow
Williams
Kingsrealm

don\\\'t know about 2 buses!!!!! but here is the post!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel fans, we received information this morning that the cost of the charter bus is double what we were told. Therefore, if you are still interested in riding the fan bus to Lubbock on Saturday, the cost will be \\\$60.00 per person and not \\\$30.00 like we originally thought. We are so very sorry for the confusion, but this is beyond our control. We will still need your money by Wednesday if you wish to go, and we must have 50 people minimum. Call the front office at (817)547-7000 if you want to go.
Please post the link to that post so that we may all see if it\'s true. Thanks
Ok, perhaps i miss read the post but why would you want proof that the post is legit? What difference does it make? But if you really want to ready the “legit” post, request to get approval to join the Richland Rebel Football group on Facebook so you can see for your self.
LMAO!!! Yup it was all a lie. Just as I figured.

Majority of time when people make a prediction or predictions they so badly want the team they predicted to win to actually win the game so they can say I told you so. They will actually be rooting for the team from start to finish. Being right is all they care about. Most of the time they don't actually care about the players and coaches and their school that they predicted to win.

Many take their predictions further especially sports editors, analyst, commentators, etc... as they need to be more right than wrong as their reputation is on the line. So they will be rooting for the teams they predicted to win. They need to be right as to gain respect amongst many. It's all about him not the actual team that he predicted to win.

But majority of the time predictions made by people are just that predictions so they can say I told you so to the world. It gives them some form of satisfaction to know he was right. Most of the predictions made by these people is not that they like or hate a team or city it's just about their ego in them trying to make others believe that they know more than others.

So when you have someone who makes a prediction they will be rooting for the team they predicted to win and when that team wins that person does not care about that winning team. All he cares about is that he was right filling him with satisfaction, indulgence, a sense of power as if he knows more than others.

The more a person predicts games the more this person will have predicted many right. Say a person predicted 1000 games he will more than likely have be right 450 times out of the 1000. Being correct 450 is a lot and pretty good but he won't talk about the 550 times he was wrong. People who make predictions for a living will not talk about the times he was wrong he will talk about all the times he was right.

Matadors have arrived!

Go Matadors!

Update

Aledo 14 Abilene Cooper 17

Halftime

BeastofNE
Matadors have arrived!

Go Matadors!

Awesome man can't wait!

Juco
Update

Aledo 14 Abilene Cooper 17

Halftime
Aledo 34 Abilene Cooper 31 final

I was at the Cooper - Aledo game. The latter escaped out of Shotwell stadium. Their running game is insane and for the most part, they shot themselves each time they gave up the ball via three turnovers or penalties stopping a drive. They are beatable because they don't have a very strong defense and as great as they play on offense, they are prone to mistakes. Unfortunately for the Cougars, they made their own mistakes as well with their own three turnovers.

The Richland - Parkland winner has a gunslinger's chance against Aledo if you play a clean game and win the turnover battle. Good luck on Saturday. I want the team from West Texas to pull it off and continue to represent. I predict the other guys, but then again I also thought Aledo would roflstomp Cooper...

I was looking towards a Abilene Cooper win but oh well once again the road to state leads through Aledo. Going to be interesting next week.

That first touchdown for Richland was way to easy. I knew size and speed would be a problem for Parkland.

Already 15-0

MattStepp
Already 15-0
Is game being streamed anywhere?

22-0

EP to Brownsville
MattStepp
Already 15-0
Is game being streamed anywhere?
22-0

Radio feed http://www.episdsportsradio.com/

28-0

28-7

28-14

Deshaun White for the Rebels is as good as advertised. Looking forward to see what he does at Texas A&M.

55-14 in the 4th

MattStepp
55-14 in the 4th
When Things were even.....

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/zmjn1QJu6h9qzOqlKzJ8qjrZE5M9mvHlbpDNJp3xd4Z

Edgar
Parkland 55 Richland 35.
Well Edgar you got the 55 correct but it was Richland that got 55 not Parkland.

Koolarrow
BeastofNE
Juco
Koolarrow

You see!!!!!! I wasnt trying to be negative against the Mats. I really wanted them to prove me wrong but I knew the the odds were stacked so high against them. Some people will go as far as to say that Parkland had a bad game or that they just didn’t show up to play. NO!!!! Richland made them have a bad game. From the very first snap Richland won the battle on threnches and when you do that you will come up with the victory on any level of football competition. The Mats has a tremendous season and no one can take that away from them. But the gap between DFW teams and El Paso teams is just about as far a drive from here (El Paso) to there (DFW).

In my opinion very poor officiating in this game.

Holding all over the place by Richland and that long pass by Richland when it was 4th down and 4 and QB tosses a hailmary like pass and the ball hit the ground and the idiot official called it complete and a touchdown. Everyone saw the replay on the jumbotron with the video zoomed in and everyone in the stadium saw that the ball hit the ground even Richland fans. It would have been Parklands ball and the score at the point was 21-7. That gave Richland the momentum and deflated Parklands hopes going into halftime.

No excuses in football but stuff like this always has to be said and officials called out or else the poor officiating in the playoffs will continue towards El Paso teams in future playoff games.

BeastofNE
In my opinion very poor officiating in this game.

Holding all over the place by Richland and that long pass by Richland when it was 4th down and 4 and QB tosses a hailmary like pass and the ball hit the ground and the idiot official called it complete and a touchdown. Everyone saw the replay on the jumbotron with the video zoomed in and everyone in the stadium saw that the ball hit the ground even Richland fans. It would have been Parklands ball and the score at the point was 21-7. That gave Richland the momentum and deflated Parklands hopes going into halftime.

No excuses in football but stuff like this always has to be said and officials called out or else the poor officiating in the playoffs will continue towards El Paso teams in future playoff games.
28-0 early in the 2nd quarter, actually. Parkland's fist TD came with 4 minutes to go in the half. Halftime score was then 35-14.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m