EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
District 1-6A Predictions 2018

DISTRICT 1-6A

#1 Franklin- Returns almost all of their top players. QB Kelley should have top recievers Stonewall, Lozano, and Lyles. On the rushing attack there will be weapons Jernigan and Crenshaw should contribute.Defense will be led by Defensive Ends Castro and Cerros as well as line backer Powers and DB MCLain.

#2 Montwood- can Famalagi and Montwood 3-peat. What a feat that would be. Can quarterback Jason Fernandez follow in his brother footsteps? Young and Ramos will lead the rushing attack, who will emerge at reciever? On defense Ramirez will lead the way along with Escobar and Flores.

#3 Pebble Hills- If any staff can motivate their squad all the way to a championship it is Pebble Hills. They found out that not only could they could compete but also be a top notch program. They return Mr. Do It All in running back Gerber and some fire power in reciever Hijar and utility player Beanes. On defense they will lean on Christmas to lead the way.

#4 Coronado- Defense will be the nucleus of the team, with the likes of linebacker Barret, linebacker Varela, and DB Seabrook. On offense QB Arroyo as well as Running Back Slaughter are some pieces to build around. Wideouts Lemaster and Parker should emerge.

#5 Americas- They struggled to compete and after competing at the top of their district the last few years, they were unable to compete this year. Can they go back to their successful recipe of a hard nose running game with a sprinkle of play action attack with reciever Acosta , and duo of running Backs in Infante and Villa. Defensive wise they will lean on DB Morales and Aguilar as well as linebacker Valdez.

#6 Socorro- It has been a tough stretch for Coach Graham and the Socorro Bulldogs QB Williams and Running Back Reyes will try to change that along with wide reciever Stephenson.

Overall MVP- Gerber, Pebble Hills
Offensive-Kelley, Franklin
Co Defensive-Christmas, Pebble Hills and Barret, Coronado

Can anyone come close to what Fernandez did This year by being #2 QB in Texas 6a with 3,664 yards in 12 games?

Can anyone come close to What Andress did in having 1590 yards in 12 games and leading the state in 6a?

Can anyone lead the state in total touchdowns with 66 in Fernandez?

Can anyone come close to Cedarious 29 rushing Touchdown?

Hopefully we have players and teams step it up, hopefully we can have a tt least two teams advance to the 2nd round

Re: District 1-6A Predictions 2018

Don't worry my bulldogs are working harder than ever and they will win next year

ThE KiNg
DISTRICT 1-6A

#1 Franklin- Returns almost all of their top players. QB Kelley should have top recievers Stonewall, Lozano, and Lyles. On the rushing attack there will be weapons Jernigan and Crenshaw should contribute.Defense will be led by Defensive Ends Castro and Cerros as well as line backer Powers and DB MCLain.

#2 Montwood- can Famalagi and Montwood 3-peat. What a feat that would be. Can quarterback Jason Fernandez follow in his brother footsteps? Young and Ramos will lead the rushing attack, who will emerge at reciever? On defense Ramirez will lead the way along with Escobar and Flores.

#3 Pebble Hills- If any staff can motivate their squad all the way to a championship it is Pebble Hills. They found out that not only could they could compete but also be a top notch program. They return Mr. Do It All in running back Gerber and some fire power in reciever Hijar and utility player Beanes. On defense they will lean on Christmas to lead the way.

#4 Coronado- Defense will be the nucleus of the team, with the likes of linebacker Barret, linebacker Varela, and DB Seabrook. On offense QB Arroyo as well as Running Back Slaughter are some pieces to build around. Wideouts Lemaster and Parker should emerge.

#5 Americas- They struggled to compete and after competing at the top of their district the last few years, they were unable to compete this year. Can they go back to their successful recipe of a hard nose running game with a sprinkle of play action attack with reciever Acosta , and duo of running Backs in Infante and Villa. Defensive wise they will lean on DB Morales and Aguilar as well as linebacker Valdez.

#6 Socorro- It has been a tough stretch for Coach Graham and the Socorro Bulldogs QB Williams and Running Back Reyes will try to change that along with wide reciever Stephenson.

Can anyone come close to what Fernandez did This year by being #2 QB in Texas 6a with 3,664 yards in 12 games?

Can anyone come close to What Andress did in having 1590 yards in 12 games and leading the state in 6a?

Hopefully we have players and teams step it up, hopefully we can have a tt least two teams advance to the 2nd round
Great post! Love the breakdown. Can't wait for next year already.

Legend.Abe
Don't worry my bulldogs are working harder than ever and they will win next year
Good topic.
Franklins McClain may not even play next season. He is one of the top wrestlers in the nation and will easily get a wrestling scholarship to a top flight school. Thus he may forgo football and just wrestle next season.
MONTWOOD also has a freshman that started JV named Oaxaca. He runs with power and speed and is relentless. He also has terrific hands and strong work ethic. He will definitely see varsity time. Also they will be getting back their starting LT until he was injured, Nick Carrasco. He missed the season with a torn ACL but his surgery went well as is his rehab.
PEBBLE HILLS will definitely lean heavily on Gerber but he'll have good talent around him. Beanes and Ochoa should battle it out for the QB position which will help both improve immensely. Both the JV and freshman had good skills that will be moving up and getting some PT. The line,both sides, needs to get bigger and stronger and that starts in the weight room. They should be lifting for power and explosion so that they do not get pushed around like El Dorado did to them.
AMERICAS has a very talented freshman team that will produce some of their varsity starters. A big fast receiver that goes after the ball. Also a physical RB that will give them the physical presence in the run game that they lacked. Sandoval has the tools to be their starter as a sophomore at QB. Another Drennan will have a shot at helping this team to get better also. They lacked discipline as a program last season and if that doesn't change then they'll fall apart again.
Socorro has the heart but not the depth moving up to supplement or replace the upper classmen.
CORONADO- I don't know much about Coronado.

ThE KiNg
DISTRICT 1-6A

Co-Def will be Ramirez Montwood and Barrett Coronado and very close with Murillo from Eastwood. Ramirez was second in 1-6A this year with 128 Tackles.

1-6A teams lucked out with El Dorado not in their district any longer. Just saying

AztecDad
1-6A teams lucked out with El Dorado not in their district any longer. Just saying
Because 6A teams will be able to schedule worthy opponents? I'm sure as much as El Do enjoyed their success. And trust me when I say, I know how hard it is to take a team to district. El Dorado's time of glory is unfortunately over especially with their reduced enrollment and success at the lower levels. Many people know it, e.g. their OC who happened to just recently announced his retirement. And while it was an incredible run, backed by some incredible athletes, but it's all gone now.

DesertGator91
AztecDad
Because 6A teams will be able to schedule worthy opponents? I'm sure as much as El Do enjoyed their success. And trust me when I say, I know how hard it is to take a team to district. El Dorado's time of glory is unfortunately over especially with their reduced enrollment and success at the lower levels. Many people know it, e.g. their OC who happened to just recently announced his retirement. And while it was an incredible run, backed by some incredible athletes, but it's all gone now.
I AGREE 100%

DesertGator91
AztecDad
DesertGator who do you think you are? Nostradumass? 2018 and the future of El Dorado has not unfolded. OC happened to announce his retirement? What in the cruck does that have to do with anything. Coaches retire or leave to other programs every year. Programs move on.

The only fact that we know right now without trying to be Nostradumasses are these finals. Final scores do not lie.

El Dorado 35 Del Valle 34

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 10

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

Stop trying to be Nostradumasses and lets see what tomorrow brings. Every program loses coaches and players due to graduation. Every so often in realignments programs either move up or down districts due to enrollment. That is no dam secret. Lets see what 2018 and the future brings and in the middle of the 2018 season and at the end of the 2018 season we can talk about El Dorado and other teams. Speculating or trying to predict a programs future because of this or that is just being plain old dumass.

63-0

Way to represent! Good job!

AztecDad
DesertGator91
AztecDad
Because 6A teams will be able to schedule worthy opponents? I\'m sure as much as El Do enjoyed their success. And trust me when I say, I know how hard it is to take a team to district. El Dorado\'s time of glory is unfortunately over especially with their reduced enrollment and success at the lower levels. Many people know it, e.g. their OC who happened to just recently announced his retirement. And while it was an incredible run, backed by some incredible athletes, but it\'s all gone now.
DesertGator who do you think you are? Nostradumass? 2018 and the future of El Dorado has not unfolded. OC happened to announce his retirement? What in the cruck does that have to do with anything. Coaches retire or leave to other programs every year. Programs move on.

The only fact that we know right now without trying to be Nostradumasses are these finals. Final scores do not lie.

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

Stop trying to be Nostradumasses and lets see what tomorrow brings. Every program loses coaches and players due to graduation. Every so often in realignments programs either move up or down districts due to enrollment. That is no dam secret. Lets see what 2018 and the future brings and in the middle of the 2018 season and at the end of the 2018 season we can talk about El Dorado and other teams. Speculating or trying to predict a programs future because of this or that is just being plain old dumass.
You're right let's talk figures and facts.

Fact! El Dorado's enrollment had been, for at least the last three re-alignments, the highest or in the top three in enrollment. Including the 2016-18 alignment which had them at 2978 students; second highest was Franklin with 2726. Result? El Dorado consistent success!

Fact! Pebble Hills opens up and drains from El Dorado's enrollment. El Dorado turned in 2013 students, down down over 900 students! Which means all 6A teams, Eastwood, Eastlake, and Del Valle are all higher in enrollment.

Fact! While lower level success isn't always an indicator for the future, it does give an idea of how teams play out. And having your lower levels (JV, 9th, and Developmental) for the past two seasons either barely making .500 or below isn't a good indicator. Especially when you can't even finish developmental games because of lack of players.

Fact! SISD re-drew their school boundaries to aid Montwood and Americas middle/elementary schools. Only team it hurt? El Dorado!

I'm sure you're very upset about my comment, you should at least clarify what I was commenting on. I said 6A should not compete with El Do anymore because they won't be much of a challenge. And while I may be a "dumb @ss" at least I'm not delusional.

DesertGator91
AztecDad
DesertGator91
AztecDad
Because 6A teams will be able to schedule worthy opponents? I\\'m sure as much as El Do enjoyed their success. And trust me when I say, I know how hard it is to take a team to district. El Dorado\\'s time of glory is unfortunately over especially with their reduced enrollment and success at the lower levels. Many people know it, e.g. their OC who happened to just recently announced his retirement. And while it was an incredible run, backed by some incredible athletes, but it\\'s all gone now.

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

You're right let's talk figures and facts.

Fact! El Dorado's enrollment had been, for at least the last three re-alignments, the highest or in the top three in enrollment. Including the 2016-18 alignment which had them at 2978 students; second highest was Franklin with 2726. Result? El Dorado consistent success!

Fact! Pebble Hills opens up and drains from El Dorado's enrollment. El Dorado turned in 2013 students, down down over 900 students! Which means all 6A teams, Eastwood, Eastlake, and Del Valle are all higher in enrollment.

Fact! While lower level success isn't always an indicator for the future, it does give an idea of how teams play out. And having your lower levels (JV, 9th, and Developmental) for the past two seasons either barely making .500 or below isn't a good indicator. Especially when you can't even finish developmental games because of lack of players.

Fact! SISD re-drew their school boundaries to aid Montwood and Americas middle/elementary schools. Only team it hurt? El Dorado!

I'm sure you're very upset about my comment, you should at least clarify what I was commenting on. I said 6A should not compete with El Do anymore because they won't be much of a challenge. And while I may be a "dumb @ss" at least I'm not delusional.
I predict Montwood will win they're 3rd straight district title.

RAM56
DesertGator91
AztecDad
DesertGator91
AztecDad
Because 6A teams will be able to schedule worthy opponents? I\\\\\'m sure as much as El Do enjoyed their success. And trust me when I say, I know how hard it is to take a team to district. El Dorado\\\\\'s time of glory is unfortunately over especially with their reduced enrollment and success at the lower levels. Many people know it, e.g. their OC who happened to just recently announced his retirement. And while it was an incredible run, backed by some incredible athletes, but it\\\\\'s all gone now.

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

You\'re right let\'s talk figures and facts.

Fact! El Dorado\'s enrollment had been, for at least the last three re-alignments, the highest or in the top three in enrollment. Including the 2016-18 alignment which had them at 2978 students; second highest was Franklin with 2726. Result? El Dorado consistent success!

Fact! Pebble Hills opens up and drains from El Dorado\'s enrollment. El Dorado turned in 2013 students, down down over 900 students! Which means all 6A teams, Eastwood, Eastlake, and Del Valle are all higher in enrollment.

Fact! While lower level success isn\'t always an indicator for the future, it does give an idea of how teams play out. And having your lower levels (JV, 9th, and Developmental) for the past two seasons either barely making .500 or below isn\'t a good indicator. Especially when you can\'t even finish developmental games because of lack of players.

I\'m sure you\'re very upset about my comment, you should at least clarify what I was commenting on. I said 6A should not compete with El Do anymore because they won\'t be much of a challenge. And while I may be a \"dumb @ss\" at least I\'m not delusional.
I predict Montwood will win they're 3rd straight district title.
Montwood kids are very talented and will be in contention again for the District Title. Montwood Coaches should count their blessing with such talented athletes.

ThE KiNg
DISTRICT 1-6A

Montwood LB Ramirez Stats are better than Barrett and Christmas. Ramirez will be in the running for the 2018 Defensive MVP.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m