EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hudl highlights

Going thru some of the hudl highlights of the featured players on the main page, it became apparent that these kids and/or parents really need to work on putting together a good highlight reel. Hudl even gives this advice when you start to make the highlight reel. Parents/players please heed this advice because some of these highlights need some serious work. One of the players I clicked on had a highlight reel that was 18 minutes long! That's entirely too long. It should be no longer than 15 clips. Also your most impressive clip should be your first one then work your way down to the least impressive. But by far the biggest blunder everyone is making is making them WAY too long.

Re: Hudl highlights

Advisor
Going thru some of the hudl highlights of the featured players on the main page, it became apparent that these kids and/or parents really need to work on putting together a good highlight reel. Hudl even gives this advice when you start to make the highlight reel. Parents/players please heed this advice because some of these highlights need some serious work. One of the players I clicked on had a highlight reel that was 18 minutes long! That's entirely too long. It should be no longer than 15 clips. Also your most impressive clip should be your first one then work your way down to the least impressive. But by far the biggest blunder everyone is making is making them WAY too long.
I agree.

One of the biggest problems is that there are some high school coaches out there telling their players that they need to have lots of highlights up on hudl and also full game footage.

Look it's pointless simply a waste of time to have lots of highlights up on hudl and full game footage if you don't get the college coaches attention FIRST and FOREMOST. What good does it do if you have lots of highlights up and full game footage if no one goes to your hudl account except only you and your relatives?

A great highlight video of 5 to 15 clips is what needs to be done and possibly your best chance at getting a college coach on the line and hooked.

College coaches by watching 1 to 3 clips know immediately within 3 to 5 seconds if that is the type of player they are looking for or if that player has ability for the next level or if they simply want to continue watching. If the college coaches like him then they will watch all the highlights and full game footage but again only if the high school football players 5 to 15 video clips caught the attention of the college coaches.

Noone goes and spends money to watch a full feature film without first watching the trailer.

Create a trailer of 5 to 15 of your best video clip highlights.

Hudl is a tool to help athletes but as in any tool you need to know how to use it. I've seen people use a hammer and instead of hammering the nail they hammer their fingers.

Think about your position and what college coaches are looking for from that particular position also. For example, if you're a qb, highlight you outs, post and corners as well as your home run deep balls. Highlight your decision making under pressure. If you're a reciever, obviously your great catches in various routes, but also your blocking on run plays.

Juco
Advisor
I agree.

One of the biggest problems is that there are some high school coaches out there telling their players that they need to have lots of highlights up on hudl and also full game footage.

Look it's pointless simply a waste of time to have lots of highlights up on hudl and full game footage if you don't get the college coaches attention FIRST and FOREMOST. What good does it do if you have lots of highlights up and full game footage if no one goes to your hudl account except only you and your relatives?

A great highlight video of 5 to 15 clips is what needs to be done and possibly your best chance at getting a college coach on the line and hooked.

College coaches by watching 1 to 3 clips know immediately within 3 to 5 seconds if that is the type of player they are looking for or if that player has ability for the next level or if they simply want to continue watching. If the college coaches like him then they will watch all the highlights and full game footage but again only if the high school football players 5 to 15 video clips caught the attention of the college coaches.

Noone goes and spends money to watch a full feature film without first watching the trailer.

Create a trailer of 5 to 15 of your best video clip highlights.
I absolutely agree with you Juco.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m