EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Division I, II, III or NAIA Offers

Please post player's full name, high school team and the college that has offered them. Whether it's from a Division I, II, III or NAIA program. Thanks :+1:

Re: Division I, II, III or NAIA Offers

Cedarious Barfield - El Dorado High School

San Diego State
Air Force
Army
Incarnate Word
Navy
New Mexico
New Mexico State
South Dakota State
Southern Miss
UTEP

Oscar De Real
Canutillo Eagles

OFFERS
Saint Mary's University
Kansas Wesleyan University
Hastings College
Hardin Simmons University
Clarke University
Tabor College
Franklin Pierce Unviversity
Dordt College
Fond Du Lac
Louisiana Prep
Vandegrift Prep
Southern Prep

DEION HANKINS (PARKLAND MATADORS)
https://247sports.com/Player/Deion-Hankins-46037778

DIVISION I OFFERS SO FAR
> UTAH UTES
> OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS
> SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS
> TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS
> SMU MUSTANGS
> UTEP MINERS

Justin Wolfe WR Pebble Hills Spartans has an offer from La Verne University in Southern California

Jake Hernandez
Eastwood Troopers
hudl page - http://www.hudl.com/profile/5015016/jake-hernandez

4 Offers
Kansas Wesleyan University offer
Culver Stockton offer
Benedictine College offer
Doane University offer

Andrew Fernandez Montwood Quarterback Division 1 offers

Fordham Rams
Army Black Knights

Juan Ruvalcaba
Franklin Cougars Defensive Tackle
Geneva Golden Tornadoes

DEL VALLE
Tristin Tuialuuluu 6'3" 295lbs

UTPB University of Texas Permian Basin
Eastern New Mexico University
New Mexico Highlands University
Cisco Junior College

AztecsC/O18
Cedarious Barfield - El Dorado High School

San Diego State
Air Force
Army
Incarnate Word
Navy
New Mexico
New Mexico State
South Dakota State
Southern Miss
UTEP
Earlier today Cedarious signed with San Diego State making it official per EP Gridiron's twitter page.

FarEastside
Justin Wolfe WR Pebble Hills Spartans has an offer from La Verne University in Southern California

Justine Wolfe got another offer

Clarke University

He now has 2

HISTORY!!!

El Dorado's Cedarious Barfield is the first ever Division 1 signee for the early NCAA football signing period out of El Paso, TX.

Cedarious Barfield a three-year letterwinner at El Dorado High School in El Paso, Texas. Played on four district championship teams. Played a bit of everything at El Dorado HS, including quarterback, wide receiver, cornerback, kick returner, punt returner and punter. According to MaxPreps, was 369-for-602 (61.3 pct.) over his three seasons at quarterback for 59 touchdowns against just eight interceptions, while rushing for 3,760 yards and 58 touchdowns on 358 attempts (10.5 avg.). Threw for 2,220 yards and 23 touchdowns in 2017, and rushed for 1,668 yards and 28 touchdowns on 166 carries (10.0 avg.). In 2016 threw for 3,069 yards and 33 touchdowns, and rushed for 1,582 yards and 22 scores on 134 attempts (11.8 avg.). Was a second-team all-state selection, a two-time 6A MVP and the El Paso Times MVP. A three-star recruit by both Rivals and 247sports. Also lettered on the basketball team and track and field team. Made the all-defensive team in basketball. Was all-region choir and an all-academic pick in both football and basketball. Chose San Diego State over offers from New Mexico, Southern Miss, UTEP, Air Force, Navy, Army West Point, New Mexico State and North Dakota.

Rhett Sullivan Franklin high school the Cougars
http://www.hudl.com/profile/5567644/rhett-sullivan

OFFER FROM KANSAS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY

Tyreese Andrus WR Montwood

D1
UTEP

DII
UT Permian Basin
New Mexico Highlands

Pebble Hills
Jacob Hernandez

OFFER
Concordia University

Pete Cadena WR Eastwood. 3 offers.

Doane
Benedictine
Culver-Stockton

Justin Wolfe
Pebble Hills Spartans

Now with 3 Offers

La Verne University
Clarke University
Bethel College

Pebble Hills Spartans Cameron Seabrook has an offer from Eastern New Mexico University.

Rhett Sullivan Franklin high school the Cougars
http://www.hudl.com/profile/5567644/rhett-sullivan

OFFER FROM KANSAS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
OFFER FROM BENEDICTINE COLLEGE

C O R O N A D O

T H U N D E R B I R D S

Josh Shapiro (OFFER MOUNT IDA COLLEGE)
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4169227/josh-shapiro

Jandrick Vigil (OFFER MOUNT IDA COLLEGE)
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4595225/jandrick-vigil

Westside Bowl Champions 2017

Dr. Greg Dale from Duke University is speaking Thursday, Jan. 4, at YISD Theater at 6 pm about "Keys to Enjoying Sports - and Realities of College Recruitment. This would be a great time to understand all of these "offers" that are put on the table.

It is hard at times to accept reality, regardless of sport, and realize that it is best to call it an end.

For example, D 3 schools do not offer athletic scholarships. Many can get you other types of aid, but don't be fooled into the "offer". Learn and understand the cost of the education that you will be forking out and above all, the area of studies offered. After all, is it not about your future and your education when you get a degree? I knew a vb player who had a $16,000 "offer" based on academics to play D 3 volleyball. Well that offer left her still paying $24,000 a year. And she changed her dream major because she could not handle the class load. And the roster had like 22 players on it! She totally regrets it.

Not to be negative here. But you need to look at everything before deciding what to do.

FalconFeather
Dr. Greg Dale from Duke University is speaking Thursday, Jan. 4, at YISD Theater at 6 pm about "Keys to Enjoying Sports - and Realities of College Recruitment. This would be a great time to understand all of these "offers" that are put on the table.

It is hard at times to accept reality, regardless of sport, and realize that it is best to call it an end.

For example, D 3 schools do not offer athletic scholarships. Many can get you other types of aid, but don't be fooled into the "offer". Learn and understand the cost of the education that you will be forking out and above all, the area of studies offered. After all, is it not about your future and your education when you get a degree? I knew a vb player who had a $16,000 "offer" based on academics to play D 3 volleyball. Well that offer left her still paying $24,000 a year. And she changed her dream major because she could not handle the class load. And the roster had like 22 players on it! She totally regrets it.

Not to be negative here. But you need to look at everything before deciding what to do.
As you stated FalconFeather "need to look at everything before deciding what to do"

That is why people are calling it OFFERS and people are not calling it FREE RIDES so some parents and players out there know the difference.

But yes I agree with you FalconFeather there are still a lot of parents and players out there that do not understand the Academic "OFFERS" and what they might be getting themselves into to when it's all said and done. Parents and players need to do their own research to know exactly what they are getting into and if the Academic "OFFER" is really beneficial to them in the long run at that particular University of College. Parents and players must look really close at those Academic "OFFERS" and do the numbers as to how much $ if any will come out of their own pocket.

Parents and players educate yourselves. All too many players dropout or rather walkon after learning it was not beneficial to them for they did not educate themselves about the Academic "OFFER" and that particular University or College. Academic "offers" are not for everyone.

Update on Tristin
hudl http://www.hudl.com/profile/4256567/tristin-tuialuuluu
twitter https://twitter.com/tristintuia

OFFERS
Cisco Junior College
La Verne University
Midwestern State University

If you're looking to earn and obtain a Degree it really does not matter if you attend and play for a Division I, II, III or NAIA Program. Nowhere within the Degree does it read Division I, II, III or NAIA. It plain as day reads Degree. Wake up and go get your education and have fun playing football for a Program no matter the level.

Congrats to all players who have received offers to Universities and Colleges at any level.

Very well put!

Nowhere did I say a degree from a non D1 school was not worth it. I said to make sure you do your due diligence in checking into the academics offered and the final cost of the school (out of pocket) to you in the end to see if it is worth it. Too often I have seen parents and students disappointed in the end because the offer was not what they thought it was. Some of your smaller schools are liberal arts schools or may not have the offerings that a larger school would have.

For example, if your set on playing fb and studying engineering, you can pretty much forget about that at a smaller school. The closest thing to an engineering degree was a degree in applied physics and it was called pre-engineering at a D-3 school here in Texas, for example. That's great. But after getting your applied physics degree, you would still need to continue your education for another 2 years at a school with the engineering degree field that you would want.

So as a parent and a student athlete, you need to sit down and decide what you want. In the example above, if that is what the want, then fine. But for some, they may not want to go to school for 6 years for basically what you could have accomplished in four. You have to lay everything out on the table and decide what is best. That is all that I am saying.

Things are made much easier when the school offers your academic degree of choice, you play football, and not much comes out of pocket. But unless it is a full ride situation, you have alot to look at.

The same can be said of simply choosing a college to attend and getting a degree without playing a sport. In the end, what is the best situation, when all things are considered, scholarships, grants, aid, housing, staying at home, cost of school, travel expenses, etc..

I guess I sound like a negative Nellie, but many people get caught up with the chance to continue playing and forget to look at the whole picture. That is all. I just want people to be prepared. It must be the counselor in me coming out.

FalconFeather
Nowhere did I say a degree from a non D1 school was not worth it. I said to make sure you do your due diligence in checking into the academics offered and the final cost of the school (out of pocket) to you in the end to see if it is worth it. Too often I have seen parents and students disappointed in the end because the offer was not what they thought it was. Some of your smaller schools are liberal arts schools or may not have the offerings that a larger school would have.

For example, if your set on playing fb and studying engineering, you can pretty much forget about that at a smaller school. The closest thing to an engineering degree was a degree in applied physics and it was called pre-engineering at a D-3 school here in Texas, for example. That's great. But after getting your applied physics degree, you would still need to continue your education for another 2 years at a school with the engineering degree field that you would want.

So as a parent and a student athlete, you need to sit down and decide what you want. In the example above, if that is what the want, then fine. But for some, they may not want to go to school for 6 years for basically what you could have accomplished in four. You have to lay everything out on the table and decide what is best. That is all that I am saying.

Things are made much easier when the school offers your academic degree of choice, you play football, and not much comes out of pocket. But unless it is a full ride situation, you have alot to look at.

The same can be said of simply choosing a college to attend and getting a degree without playing a sport. In the end, what is the best situation, when all things are considered, scholarships, grants, aid, housing, staying at home, cost of school, travel expenses, etc..

I guess I sound like a negative Nellie, but many people get caught up with the chance to continue playing and forget to look at the whole picture. That is all. I just want people to be prepared. It must be the counselor in me coming out.

Trinity and Wesleyan here in Texas offer an engineering degree...:grimacing:

Lot's of D3 schools do, look it up...

Look up Texas Lutheran (applied physics) or Hardin Simmons, or Howard Payne, or Sul Ross, or McMurray. They do not offer anything in engineering. All I am trying to say is do your homework and figure out what is most important by giving an example of a student who wants to study engineering but, for example, has only an offer from lets say Sul Ross. What is more important?????? Going and playing football in front of 500 people and not getting a degree in what I really wanted or not playing football and simply going to school and getting a degree in what I wanted. Everyone has different ideas of importance. I am not saying one is more important than the other. BUT LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE.

Sorry to be so blunt in this example, but some of you just don't get what I am trying to say.

FalconFeather
Look up Texas Lutheran (applied physics) or Hardin Simmons, or Howard Payne, or Sul Ross, or McMurray. They do not offer anything in engineering. All I am trying to say is do your homework and figure out what is most important by giving an example of a student who wants to study engineering but, for example, has only an offer from lets say Sul Ross. What is more important?????? Going and playing football in front of 500 people and not getting a degree in what I really wanted or not playing football and simply going to school and getting a degree in what I wanted. Everyone has different ideas of importance. I am not saying one is more important than the other. BUT LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE.

Sorry to be so blunt in this example, but some of you just don't get what I am trying to say.
My son just graduated from ENMU in December and he played football there as well. He did not get any type of scholarship until his senior year but it did definitely help lol. Bottom line is getting that degree and then applying it in the real world. No matter what level it may be. Division 1 looks great when the kids go but so many do not complete even one year at school. The class work load, practices, workouts etc are very time consuming. Plus if the athlete, any sport or gender, is not mature enough they will quit and come home. My son went to JC first and it was a wake up call because he was in California away from home. My nephew, from N.J., is wrestling in college and they gave him a 2 week break and he is back for practices and meets. Pl Congratulations to all kids that have colleges interested in them coming to get their education and play a sport there. I believe we get so caught up in the level after the "D" not realizing that many of those kids, any sport and any state, will not stick it out or they'll drop to another level.

HOUNDS 93
FalconFeather

Sorry to be so blunt in this example, but some of you just don\'t get what I am trying to say.
My son just graduated from ENMU in December and he played football there as well. He did not get any type of scholarship until his senior year but it did definitely help lol. Bottom line is getting that degree and then applying it in the real world. No matter what level it may be. Division 1 looks great when the kids go but so many do not complete even one year at school. The class work load, practices, workouts etc are very time consuming. Plus if the athlete, any sport or gender, is not mature enough they will quit and come home. My son went to JC first and it was a wake up call because he was in California away from home. My nephew, from N.J., is wrestling in college and they gave him a 2 week break and he is back for practices and meets. Pl Congratulations to all kids that have colleges interested in them coming to get their education and play a sport there. I believe we get so caught up in the level after the "D" not realizing that many of those kids, any sport and any state, will not stick it out or they'll drop to another level.
Very well put Hounds. Sadly in sports like baseball there have been way too many kids go off to school whether it be a JC or smaller D level or NAIA and not last a year from home. But then again, that can be said of numerous kids who simply go away to college for academics. Many kids have a hard time being away on their own.

Tyler Jones
El Dorado Aztecs
http://www.hudl.com/profile/8942893/tyler-jones

OFFER
Culver–Stockton College

EASTWOOD TROOPERS

Robert Minjarez ( Benedictine College offer )
hudl page - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6920914/robert-minjarez

Joseph Salas ( Benedictine College offer )
hudl page - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6920912/joseph-salas

Tyreese Andrus WR Montwood

UTEP
Incarnate Word
UT Permian Basin
New Mexico Highlands

Sal Avila
El Dorado Aztecs
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4726414/sal-avila
OFFERS
Bethel College
Valley City State University

Derrick Assad
El Dorado Aztecs
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4688870/derrick-assad
OFFERS
Bethel College

AztecsC/O18
Sal Avila
El Dorado Aztecs
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4726414/sal-avila
OFFERS
Bethel College

Derrick Assad
El Dorado Aztecs
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4688870/derrick-assad
OFFERS
Bethel College
Great for Sal I know he is ready to bounce back and prove the naysayers wrong. Plus he is a great student. Personally I hope he gets some baseball offers as well.

ANDRESS EAGLES #15
Tre Maestas
OFFER: University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB)
hudl page: http://www.hudl.com/profile/4457036/tre-maestas

ANDRESS EAGLES #3
Diego Lewis
OFFER: New Mexico Highlands University
hudl page: http://www.hudl.com/profile/4385511/diego-lewis

PEBBLE HILLS / Kevin Esquivel / http://www.hudl.com/profile/4688868/kevin-esquivel

OFFER - Valley City State University

HS: CHAPIN HUSKIES
PLAYA: Matthew Zubiate
HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/profile/6104664/matthew-zubiate

OFFERS:
University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB)
Midwestern State University (MSU)

Update

TRISTIN TUIALUULUU
hudl > http://www.hudl.com/profile/4256567/tristin-tuialuuluu
twitter > https://twitter.com/tristintuia

OFFERS
University of Incarnate Word
Cisco Junior College
La Verne University
Midwestern State University

C O R O N A D O

T H U N D E R B I R D S

Josh Shapiro http://www.hudl.com/profile/4169227/josh-shapiro
OFFERS
GUSTAVUS COLLEGE
MOUNT IDA COLLEGE

Jandrick Vigil http://www.hudl.com/profile/4595225/jandrick-vigil
OFFERS
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY
MOUNT IDA COLLEGE

Westside Bowl Champions 2017

TYREESE ANDRUS (Montwood Rams) ~ "With less than a month till signing day, so I can now focus the current season I am in and the rest of the school. First, I would like to thank GOD for blessing me with an opportunity to play the sport I love most at the next level and getting a free education. Then I'll like to thank my dad, my mom, friends, teammates, and coaches who have been there through it all and followed a better person and player on the field. It's been a please showcasing my talents and playing for Montwood High School but for the next 4 years I will be calling San Antonio my new home playing for the University of Incarnate Word #gocardinals"

hudl page: http://www.hudl.com/profile/5662228/Tyreese-Andrus
twitter page: https://twitter.com/dezhuan_ty

PEBBLE HILLS SPARTANS

#15 Justin Wolfe - http://www.hudl.com/profile/5359861/Justin-Wolfe
OFFERS
Ottawa University Arizona (OUAZ)
La Verne University
Clarke University
Bethel College

#34 Kevin Averette - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6440891/Kevin-Averette
OFFERS
Ottawa University Arizona (OUAZ)
University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB)
Southwestern University

#13 Jaylien Spires - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6228050/Jaylien-Spires
OFFER
Southwestern University

#3 Cameron Seabrook - http://www.hudl.com/profile/5359874/Cam-Seabrook
OFFER

#44 Kevin Esquivel - http://www.hudl.com/profile/4688868/Kevin-Esquivel
OFFER

#14 Haredt Gonzalez - http://www.hudl.com/profile/5494441/Haredt-Gonzalez
OFFER
Clarke University

#24 Jacob Hernandez - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6228057/Jacob-Hernandez
OFFER
Concordia University

E A S T W O O D ~ T R O O P E R S

:football: Jake Hernandez - http://www.hudl.com/profile/5015016/jake-hernandez
OFFERS:
Concordia University
Benedictine College
Culver Stockton
Doane University

:football: Pete Cadena - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7531844/Pete-Cadena
OFFERS:
Doane
Benedictine
Culver-Stockton

:football: Robert Minjarez - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6920914/robert-minjarez
OFFER:
Benedictine College

:football: Joseph Salas - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6920912/joseph-salas
OFFER:
Benedictine College

EL DORADO AZTECS

CEDARIOUS BARFIELD
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4187313/Cedarious-Barfield
OFFERS
San Diego State
Air Force
Army
Incarnate Word
Navy
New Mexico
New Mexico State
South Dakota State
Southern Miss
UTEP

DERRICK ASSAD
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4688870/Derrick-Assad
OFFERS
Bethel College

SAL AVILA
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4726414/Sal-Avila
OFFERS
Bethel College

TYLER JONES
http://www.hudl.com/profile/8942893/Tyler-Jones
OFFER
Culver–Stockton College

RICKIE MCCOY
http://www.hudl.com/profile/8234707/Rickie-Mccoy
OFFER

Just curious, what does a Division 3 offer look like since they cannot offer you a scholarship?

Franklin Mom
Just curious, what does a Division 3 offer look like since they cannot offer you a scholarship?
It usually consists of academic scholarship money plus any grants or federal aid the athlete might qualify for.

Observer
Franklin Mom
It usually consists of academic scholarship money plus any grants or federal aid the athlete might qualify for.
And that is why great grades are ever so vital if your desire is to continue to receive an education after high school.

Money is money, help is help, and comes in so many ways.

ANDRESS EAGLES #15
Tre Maestas
OFFER: University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB)
hudl page: http://www.hudl.com/profile/4457036/tre-maestas

ANDRESS EAGLES #3
Diego Lewis
OFFER: New Mexico Highlands University
hudl page: http://www.hudl.com/profile/4385511/diego-lewis

ANDRESS EAGLES #77
Brett Wydra
OFFER: Eastern New Mexico University
hudl page: http://www.hudl.com/profile/4385660/Brett-Wydra

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m