​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Division I, II, III or NAIA Offers

My 2 cents. If you are a player who can't make up his mind as to which college to take the offer from or which college to walk on to go to the college that is most desirable to you and don't go to the college that your high school coaches or friends tell you to go to. Go to the college that you feel is the right fit for you. It's your journey none elses.

C O R O N A D O

T H U N D E R B I R D S

Westside Bowl Champions 2017

Josh Shapiro http://www.hudl.com/profile/4169227/josh-shapiro
OFFERS
GUSTAVUS COLLEGE
HASTINGS COLLEGE
MOUNT IDA COLLEGE
PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
AUSTIN COLLEGE

Jandrick Vigil http://www.hudl.com/profile/4595225/jandrick-vigil
OFFERS
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY
MOUNT IDA COLLEGE

Marcos Castro http://www.hudl.com/profile/4163268/Marcos-Castro
OFFER
MOUNT IDA

Alex Norzagaray http://www.hudl.com/profile/4519253/Alex-Norzagaray
OFFERS
ROSE-HULMAN
LINDENWOOD UNIVERSITY

Edgar
I find it mind boggling that I hardly don't see any offers of Parkland, Eastlake, Chapin, and Del Valle players.
I'm like you Edgar I see this rather odd to say the least and to say it mildly without anger and remain calm.

Parkland, Eastlake, Chapin and Del Valle easily have 1 up to 3 players each graduating this year who have what it takes to play at the Division 1 level. Something just ain't right. Something is broken that needs dire fixing.

There are over 200 Division 1 football programs out there how can this be happening?

High school football players, parents and their high school football coaches and yes even their high school districts are not doing what needs to be done. No excuses for this to be occurring. Parkland, Eastlake, Chapin and Del Valle without question each have 1 up to 3 players graduating this year who should by now have Division 1 offers and can compete and play at the Division 1 level and like I said there are over 200 Division 1 football programs out there. Absolutely no excuses!

High school football players play their hearts out and help their high school's football team and coaches win games and district titles and advance to the playoffs and they make lots of money at the ticket gate for the districts and high school coaches look good when the team wins and the coaches resumes look great but when it's all said and done high school football players are not receiving Division 1 offers but yet high schools display such wonderful sparkly hardware behind glass cases and the high school coaches keep their jobs or transfer on to a higher paying coaching position at another high school or college because the high school football players made them look good or like coaching geniuses. There is an unbalance here that needs balancing.

Add to Alex Norzagaray
Ottawa university (track and football )
Manchester university ( football)

Andress Eagles
Tre Maestas ======== http://www.hudl.com/profile/4457036/Tre-Maestas

OFFER: New Mexico State Aggies

NMSU_Stud
Andress Eagles

Congrats to Tre. Did he get a full ride?

Fballer
NMSU_Stud
Andress Eagles

Has to be a full ride. D1 schools cannot split scholarships.

Observer
Fballer
NMSU_Stud
Andress Eagles

I was asking because I didn't see his name on the offered list for NMSU.
https://247sports.com/college/new-mexico-state/Season/2018-Football/Offers. Never the less he is getting an opportunity to play. I also heard that NMSU offered Avina from Eastlake a PWO invitation. Man. these are just 2 of a few athletes that UTEP should of taken a look at. I was also hoping they would of stuck to the offer that was extended to Tyreese Andrus.

Don't forget my friends about GRAYSHIRTS. For those that don't know about grayshirt here you are. Grayshirts are recruits who are offered but offered a DELAYED scholarship. What this basically means is that a player who is a grayshirt will postpone their enrollment till after that end of the upcoming season. Yes they will take courses as every other player on the team, however most are part time students and most importantly have not officially joined the college football team until the ensuring spring semester. Why the grayshirt? This I assume gives colleges coaches the option to offer recruits without actually sacrificing scholarship numbers because remember college recruiters have X amount of scholarship offers to make per year. The grayshirt "delayed offer" will push over the scholarship offer the following year's count of allotted offers available. This grayshirt move assist programs who tend to over sign recruits.

There are also other color shirts that are used at the college level.

REDSHIRT which basically means if a player is redshirted he is able to participate in every team activity or function if you will minus the games BUT if a player happens to be called upon to play due to injuries on other players this redshirt player will lose his redshirt status. If a player accepts a redshirt at the beginning he is given 5 years to finish his four seasons of on field eligibility. Redshirts have exceptions like medical hardships or if suffers an injury but I won't go into that.

GREENSHIRT recruits are players who enroll 1 semester ahead of schedule and they join a Division 1 FBS program for the start of the spring term in January. Typically greenshirts are the most likely to earn immediate playing time as true freshman. What's the purpose of this greenshirt thing? It gives the recruit an edge with them enrolling early the recruit will be ahead of the curve like becoming comfortable on campus, participating in spring practices, learn and digest offensive and defensive schemes. They also have the opportunity to develop in a team's strength and conditioning program which is very important. Greenshirts are usually among the best prospects in the country. Greenshirt athletes are usually players that were discovered or eyeballed far in advance by Division 1 FBS programs who are more than likely able to contribute and have immediate impact as true freshmen. Greenshirts have moths of experience over those players who sign on signing day in Febuary and still have yet to graduate high school, those players who are preferred walkon and those who just walk on.

Yes there is another color. BLUESHIRT. Blueshirt is practically like the GRAYSHIRT where college recruiters can offer a player but there is a delay in the scholarship till the following years available scholarships but there is one difference here which is a blueshirt player has the option of enrolling and participating in the teams events in the fall. This allows the college coaches to get the best of both worlds by being able to delay the scholarship for the following year then allowing the college coaches to over sign well above the 25 scholarship limit and then get the use of the prospect immediately rather than waiting until the following spring.

Who first popularized the BLUESHIRT? NEW MEXICO STATE AGGIES

Fballer
Observer
Fballer
NMSU_Stud
Andress Eagles

https://247sports.com/college/new-mexico-state/Season/2018-Football/Offers. Never the less he is getting an opportunity to play. I also heard that NMSU offered Avina from Eastlake a PWO invitation. Man. these are just 2 of a few athletes that UTEP should of taken a look at. I was also hoping they would of stuck to the offer that was extended to Tyreese Andrus.
A Preferred WalkOn offer is still an OFFER. It says loud and clear that the college coaches are interested and that is a great thing and it's a big time opportunity. I've seen many players who accepted the PWO and eventually earn scholarships and have huge impact on the team and many end up going to the NFL. I've also seen many players receive full rides only to never have played a down for the college team and I've seen many players only to screw up full rides by getting impatient, discouraged and wind up quitting and dropping out of school.

I bet right about now there are thousands of high school football players with no offers at all praying they get atleast 1 PWO. A PWO is worth a lot and it's worth 100 times more to those players who will be graduating this year who don't have any offers at all.

Absolutely right a pwo is an offer. Athletes are recruited by the school as walkons and are guaranteed to be a part of the 105 man roster as well as a part of fall camp. Bottom line is that they are a part of the team and get to compete for playing time and a chance to earn a scholarship in the future.

Juco
Fballer
Observer
Fballer
NMSU_Stud
Andress Eagles

A Preferred WalkOn offer is still an OFFER. It says loud and clear that the college coaches are interested and that is a great thing and it's a big time opportunity. I've seen many players who accepted the PWO and eventually earn scholarships and have huge impact on the team and many end up going to the NFL. I've also seen many players receive full rides only to never have played a down for the college team and I've seen many players only to screw up full rides by getting impatient, discouraged and wind up quitting and dropping out of school.

I bet right about now there are thousands of high school football players with no offers at all praying they get atleast 1 PWO. A PWO is worth a lot and it's worth 100 times more to those players who will be graduating this year who don't have any offers at all.
All such great information but Tre Maestas is committed to UTPB.

Update

TRISTIN TUIALUULUU
hudl > http://www.hudl.com/profile/4256567/tristin-tuialuuluu
twitter > https://twitter.com/tristintuia

OFFERS
University of Texas at El Paso ****COMMITTED****

University of Incarnate Word
UTPB University of Texas Permian Basin
Eastern New Mexico University
New Mexico Highlands University
Cisco Junior College
La Verne University
Midwestern State University

DV
Update

TRISTIN TUIALUULUU

OFFERS

Cisco Junior College
La Verne University

Congratulations to Tristin on the blueshirt offer. For those that don't know what a blueshirt offer is scroll up I posted a bit about it a couple of days ago.

GURU
DV
Update

TRISTIN TUIALUULUU

OFFERS

Cisco Junior College
La Verne University

Congratulations to Tristin on the blueshirt offer. For those that don't know what a blueshirt offer is scroll up I posted a bit about it a couple of days ago.
There are no delays on Blue Shirts. His scholarship will start August 1st of this fall coming up but will be deducted from the 2019 available scholarships. The only thing that makes it different from a regular scholarship is that he was not allowed to take an official visit to UTEP. Had to be unofficial which basically means they couldn’t feed him. Blue Shirts rarely happen unless coaches find a kid that’s worth it and they’re willing to use a future scholarship on him.

The new HC decided not to honor the scholarship that was offered to Tyreese last summer by former HC Kugler.

Congratulations Ty!!! But I would have liked to see you with the Miners.

Should have committed when he was offered the scholarship then

So is Ivan Avina the only Falcon to have gotten offers? I don't see Ezikiel Jones or Justin White (he's not playing basketball either?

EP to Brownsville
So is Ivan Avina the only Falcon to have gotten offers? I don't see Ezikiel Jones or Justin White (he's not playing basketball either?
Calderon and his staff do nothing for these kids.....

Falconite
EP to Brownsville
So is Ivan Avina the only Falcon to have gotten offers? I don\'t see Ezikiel Jones or Justin White (he\'s not playing basketball either?
Calderon and his staff do nothing for these kids.....
That is only to an extent we have had this conversation before it is not all on the coaches the PARENTS have a lot of leg work to do! Perfect example is Freshman O. Olivas look at what he is doing in basketball alone he has also been to football camps and combines. My son he is no where near being a 2-5 star recruit and it does not help the region we live in but I am putting in the work and investing the money by taking him to camps.

Everyone needs to get that out of their head it does not rest solely on the coaches!

Pebble Hills had players signing today not because of their coaches doing anything for them recruiting wise but thanks in large part to the greater el paso football showcase combine.

If it wasn't for the greater el paso football showcase combine Pebble Hills wouldn't have any players signing today. Pebble Hills coaches are walking around all proud as if they had anything to do with the recruitment of the players who signed today. And who will receive all the credit?????? And whose resumes will get a boost???? The Pebble Hills coaches that's who.

Ask yourselves why didn't Pebble Hills have atleast 1 player sign to a D1 program????? I'm not saying Pebble Hills does not have D1 caliber athletes what I'm saying is that Pebble Hills had atleast 2 players that signed today who should have signed with D1 programs. Pebble Hills coaches did not expose their top athletes at all or not good enough.

Anyways enough of the truth good luck to the Pebble Hills kids.

Truth speaks the absolute truth.
Eastlake had not 1 player sign
Del Valle only had 1 player sign
Pebble Hills like the truth said is luck that the Greater El Paso football Combine exist
When you combine all the division 1 programs, division 2 programs and division 3 programs, NAIA programs, etcetera etcetera etcetera that are out there there is no dam excuse. Is winning district titles all the El Paso football coaches care about? I thought it was about education and helping the students out.

Edgar
Truth speaks the absolute truth.
Eastlake had not 1 player sign
Del Valle only had 1 player sign
Pebble Hills like the truth said is luck that the Greater El Paso football Combine exist
When you combine all the division 1 programs, division 2 programs and division 3 programs, NAIA programs, etcetera etcetera etcetera that are out there there is no dam excuse. Is winning district titles all the El Paso football coaches care about? I thought it was about education and helping the students out.
I agree. allow me to includ Chapin and Coronado. These 2 teams should have had atleast 5 players each signing with Division 1 and Division 2 programs today. Sad. These high school coaches should be held accountable in some way. They are failing the student athletes.

I'm with you all. El Paso HS coaches ought to be held accountable or atleast questioned about all this. When athletes receive offers the coaches receive praise and so I say when a team does not receive offers or a couple of offers then the coaches should be held accountable or questioned. Ofcourse coaches in their defense will make up nonsense by saying that the players are not Division 1 or Division 2 material or that the players are not good enough to play at any collegiate level or that the players grades are not up to par. Most high school coaches will say it's not in their job description to help their athletes but I say why do they say it's not in their job description to help their athletes but when a athlete receives offers the coaches will take the credit and use it in their job interviews of how many athletes went to the collegiate level when they were coaches there. It's all BS

Add Parkland coaches to that list. Parkland ought to have had 3 to 5 players signing to Division 1 or Division 2 programs today. This is sad and you are right coaches should be held accountable.

It is time to get off the bandwagon of EP Talent. We DO NOT HAVE THE LOADED D1 Talent That many of you are thinking. This stuff that at least 6 or 7 schools should of had a D1 signee is ludicrous!!!! San Angelo Central kicked ass after ass in fb and had a record 10 signees!! Guess what, only a brainiac made it D1, to Harvard!!!!! I know, Spartans, you hung tough. The Permian Basin area only had 1 or 2. Lets get realistic folks!!!!!!

Andrew Fernandez was awesome this year!!!!!! Ended up at a JUCO. Yes army and fordham were there, not sure what happened.

Quit Dreaming

What happened to Eastwood? Didn't they have any players sign today? Eastwood was hyped up at the beginning of the season by local media. Eastwood calls themselves El Paso's finest well did any of the finest sign today?

EP DeLuSiOnAl
It is time to get off the bandwagon of EP Talent. We DO NOT HAVE THE LOADED D1 Talent That many of you are thinking. This stuff that at least 6 or 7 schools should of had a D1 signee is ludicrous!!!! San Angelo Central kicked ass after ass in fb and had a record 10 signees!! Guess what, only a brainiac made it D1, to Harvard!!!!! I know, Spartans, you hung tough. The Permian Basin area only had 1 or 2. Lets get realistic folks!!!!!!

Andrew Fernandez was awesome this year!!!!!! Ended up at a JUCO. Yes army and fordham were there, not sure what happened.

Quit Dreaming
I agree with delusional's post. I checked on the Lubbock area who handled Andress and Del Valle in the play-offs. They only had 2 D-1 kids sign. One kid from cooper I believe is a preferred walk on at Tech and a kid from coronado signed with SMU. D1 talent does not exist in the abundance here in EP that many on these posts assume it should.

Sure we can have kids shine under the lights week after week in District play. But lets face it. Not all of our teams are stacked at all 22 positions to make these kids work game in and game out. Deficiencies will show and kids will look super fast, hit the open guy over and over, or wreck havoc on the poor little lineman who can't sustain a block. Stats are gonna rock and shine bright. That does not make you a D1 talent.

I will say this though for the large District 5A coming up. Many are playing good teams in the non conference and the District games will be solid week in and week out. That will make TEAMS stronger hopefully for the play-offs by having to compete week after week instead of only having a couple of tough challenges during district play. You are not going to see players with out of this world stats in THIS district.

Hold El Paso coaches accountable LOL OK let's do that by district so we can see the magnitude of the problem at hand.

Socorro ISD only 1 player signed to a Division 1 Program
~~~~~Tyreese Andrus Montwood high school Incarnate Word signee

Ysleta ISD only 1 player signed to a Division 1 Program
~~~~~Tristin Tuialuuluu Del Valle high school UTEP signee

El Paso ISD only 1 player signed to a Division 1 Program
~~~~~Solomon Polk Andress high school UTEP signee

Anthony ISD NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

Canutillo ISD NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

Clint ISD NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

Fabens ISD NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

Private Schools NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

This makes me want to

EP BALL
EP DeLuSiOnAl

Quit Dreaming
I agree with delusional's post. I checked on the Lubbock area who handled Andress and Del Valle in the play-offs. They only had 2 D-1 kids sign. One kid from cooper I believe is a preferred walk on at Tech and a kid from coronado signed with SMU. D1 talent does not exist in the abundance here in EP that many on these posts assume it should.

Sure we can have kids shine under the lights week after week in District play. But lets face it. Not all of our teams are stacked at all 22 positions to make these kids work game in and game out. Deficiencies will show and kids will look super fast, hit the open guy over and over, or wreck havoc on the poor little lineman who can't sustain a block. Stats are gonna rock and shine bright. That does not make you a D1 talent.

I will say this though for the large District 5A coming up. Many are playing good teams in the non conference and the District games will be solid week in and week out. That will make TEAMS stronger hopefully for the play-offs by having to compete week after week instead of only having a couple of tough challenges during district play. You are not going to see players with out of this world stats in THIS district.

EP BALL you don't know jackpoop.

Why is it that when an El Paso high school football issue is risen a handful have to bring in issues from around the state or country and use it in some way to compare and to use as argument. Who freaking cares about freaking Lubbock. Let their coaches and parents worry about their issues. And them beating El Paso teams in the playoffs has absolutely nothing to do with what is being said here.

And I don't think anyone is saying that there is an abundance of athletes in El Paso that should be going Division 1. What I gather many saying is that atleast 4 to 6 El Pasoans should be signing with a Division 1 school every year.

How many varsity teams are there in Socorro ISD? How many varsity football players will be graduating this year in Socorro ISD?
How many varsity teams are there in Ysleta ISD? How many varsity football players will be graduating this year in Ysleta ISD?
How many varsity teams are there in El Paso ISD? How many varsity football players will be graduating this year in El Paso ISD?
How many varsity teams are there in Anthony ISD? How many varsity football players will be graduating this year in Anthony ISD?
How many varsity teams are there in Canutillo ISD? How many varsity football players will be graduating this year in Canutillo ISD?
How many varsity teams are there in Clint ISD? How many varsity football players will be graduating this year in Clint ISD?
How many varsity teams are there in Fabens ISD? How many varsity football players will be graduating this year in Fabens ISD?
How many teams are there in Private Schools here in El Paso? How many football players will be graduating this year from the Private Schools in El Paso?

When you get those large numbers then get the number to how many Division 1 programs there are in the entire country which is like 250.

Only 3 El Pasoans signed with a Division 1 program today and 2 of them are UTEP with only 1 out of El Paso.

It's a numbers thing here it's not about if there is Division 1 recruits here in El Paso.

All this makes me want to

Lloyd
Hold El Paso coaches accountable LOL OK let's do that by district so we can see the magnitude of the problem at hand.

Socorro ISD only 1 player signed to a Division 1 Program
~~~~~Tyreese Andrus Montwood high school Incarnate Word signee

Ysleta ISD only 1 player signed to a Division 1 Program
~~~~~Tristin Tuialuuluu Del Valle high school UTEP signee

El Paso ISD only 1 player signed to a Division 1 Program
~~~~~Solomon Polk Andress high school UTEP signee

Anthony ISD NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

Canutillo ISD NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

Clint ISD NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

Fabens ISD NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

Private Schools NO player signed to a Division 1 Program

This makes me want to

Although he signed early you forgot Cedarious Barfield SDSU.

so who committed yesterday out of the 2018 class?

BeastofNE
I'm with you all. El Paso HS coaches ought to be held accountable or atleast questioned about all this. When athletes receive offers the coaches receive praise and so I say when a team does not receive offers or a couple of offers then the coaches should be held accountable or questioned. Ofcourse coaches in their defense will make up nonsense by saying that the players are not Division 1 or Division 2 material or that the players are not good enough to play at any collegiate level or that the players grades are not up to par. Most high school coaches will say it's not in their job description to help their athletes but I say why do they say it's not in their job description to help their athletes but when a athlete receives offers the coaches will take the credit and use it in their job interviews of how many athletes went to the collegiate level when they were coaches there. It's all BS

Add Parkland coaches to that list. Parkland ought to have had 3 to 5 players signing to Division 1 or Division 2 programs today. This is sad and you are right coaches should be held accountable.
Add Montwood and El Dorado to the picture. Co District Champs and only 1 player each. Something is not right.

Do you really believe that high school coaches have a say in who gets a scholarship and where. So a coach reaches out to college, maybe even an ex teammate or former coach. I got a kid for you. How do you think that conversation goes? Do you really think a coaches word can get a kid a scholarship. First question, how big is he? This is usually a tough question to answer in EP. (By far 3 of the best players El Paso has seen in awhile and only one comes away with a D1 scholarship. Not knocking the other kids at all but I hear Barfields grade match his skill on the field. Is that coach or parent, who takes the credit for that. There have been some kids in this town that have D1 pedigree with D none grades and character. Oh yeah don't forget about that little nugget, character. That can cause a "D1" to pass real quick. I guess that one goes on the coach.)
It usually goes he is undersized BUT!!! He can really play. Unless the player gets out there and meets the coach ie.. pass the eye test its going to be a difficult sale. (GO TO CAMPS) yes even DII camp's, you never know who they know. I think every coach post college camps in the locker room.
When D1 schools come in town they hit up as many schools as they can. They don't come all the way out to Elp to see one kid. Especially if there is not a big fish in town. (Tyquez'16) When they can hit up the metroplex or Houston area and see 40 or 50 D1 (many big fish) kids. This also makes it tuff. Tell these big boys in town to stop marrying these short girls and breed some D1 athletes in all sports lol just playing... And before someone gets all mad, I'm not saying short girls aren't athletes, they are. I’m just saying I agree with Lavar Ball. I can't believe I just said that.
People are acting like El Paso is spitting out D1 athletes by the dozens in all of its sports yearly. I think last year basketball had 6. How many D1 scholarships did volleyball have, with the way some of these club coaches have these parents spitting out cash it should be about 30 a year. But I bet its not. How about baseball? We should be killing it in soccer how many D1's come out. And let's see, doesn't basketball play out of town tournaments where colleges can see multiple players at one time. And we still only have a few a year.
Why are you getting caught up in all this D1 talk, we have a great number of D2 and NAIA signees every year in all sports. Free education and chance to continue playing the game they love. People sound like the parents that put there kids on the Bandits, and puff their chest out. Even though their kid never plays. Yeah but the team won the little bowl. But your son never played. My son is a DI athlete. Big chest! My son is a DII athlete and has a chance to win a national championship. Yeah but that's DII. Just doesn't make since to me.
I think its awesome when a kid gets rewarded for their hard work. Is it sweeter when it says D1. Depending on the situation. Ask the kid that went D1 to say he went D1. And didn't get close to a bowl, or a national title. Then ask the kid that got both at a DII or NAIA. Ill I'm saying is stop looking down at a scholarship and go do what you love to do. If you're lucky enough to be in the 1% that gets to move on. Congratulations! But know they all have 100% chance at getting the real blessing of a scholarship, and that's your degree on someone else's dime. I won't say free cause your body is go to pay for that.
I'm probably just rambling at this point, congrats to all the kids across this city and nation that received this rare blessing. Don't listen to the haters go out and be the best you, you can be on any level. Remember without the grades, it will just be a story you can tell your friends back home. With the grades it will be an experience that you will get to live and share for 4 years with new friends and family, that will last a life time.

???? You said a lot and its all correct. My son played at ENMU but more importantly he has his degree. He would have wrestled in college if not for them wanting him to drop 30 plus pounds so he went JC then to ENMU. Many kids, unfortunately, do not last away from home/El Paso very long and do not finish college at all. Again your words ring very true to the questions coaches ask. I heard them for my son because he was 6'1 DE and schools said yes he can play but his size was an issue.
I do like seeing kids get a shot at the highest level. someone did bring up a great point earlier. If a mid major D 1, that is in the same city, is not recruiting the kids then why would a major D 1 spend the resources here?

You guys are throwing around that so many D1 kids are not being recruited or not signing. Please drop some names to those kids that you think were under recruited based on what their coaches did or did not do. Remember, there is a multitude of reasons that kids do not go play college ball. Grades, test scores, character issues, desire to play at the next level ( yes I said it). Coaches are full time teachers first even the head coaches teach classes. Trust me every coach wants their athletes to be in the spot light because it's good for their programs so saying that coaches are not utilizing their ability to get their kids recruited is about as stupid of a thing that I have heard.

Try supporting our local programs instead of throwing shade on the kids that get the opportunity to play at the next level, no matter what level it may be.

Trap house
You guys are throwing around that so many D1 kids are not being recruited or not signing. Please drop some names to those kids that you think were under recruited based on what their coaches did or did not do. Remember, there is a multitude of reasons that kids do not go play college ball. Grades, test scores, character issues, desire to play at the next level ( yes I said it). Coaches are full time teachers first even the head coaches teach classes. Trust me every coach wants their athletes to be in the spot light because it's good for their programs so saying that coaches are not utilizing their ability to get their kids recruited is about as stupid of a thing that I have heard.
So you are saying that the over 1,000 high school football players in the El Paso area that will be graduating this year all had terrible grades, test scores and character issues? Like someone stated in this thread the numbers just do not add up.

Over 1,000 El Paso area football players will be graduating this year and there are 250 Division 1 programs and there are 282 of Division 2 programs and there are 249 Division 3 programs and there are hundreds of other lower tier college football programs. This tells me by looking at the numbers at the worst case scenario that on signing day I say there should have been atleast 8 players signing to a Division 1 program, 15 players signing to a Division 2 program, and 15 signing to a Division 3 program. That's only 38 players out of the 1,000 high school players in the El Paso area that will be graduating this year. Surely 38 players had the grades, the test scores, and humble as pie character.

As I stated a couple of posts up within this thread blaming it on the athletes, their grades, and other things is what people especially the high school coaches will use at their defense. It's all BS. Easy out.

Haaaaaaaa Got Em!!!

These are all very good points. But I believe race, athleticism, size and exposure also factor into the equation.

BeastofNE
Trap house
So you are saying that the over 1,000 high school football players in the El Paso area that will be graduating this year all had terrible grades, test scores and character issues? Like someone stated in this thread the numbers just do not add up.

Over 1,000 El Paso area football players will be graduating this year and there are 250 Division 1 programs and there are 282 of Division 2 programs and there are 249 Division 3 programs and there are hundreds of other lower tier college football programs. This tells me by looking at the numbers at the worst case scenario that on signing day I say there should have been atleast 8 players signing to a Division 1 program, 15 players signing to a Division 2 program, and 15 signing to a Division 3 program. That's only 38 players out of the 1,000 high school players in the El Paso area that will be graduating this year. Surely 38 players had the grades, the test scores, and humble as pie character.

As I stated a couple of posts up within this thread blaming it on the athletes, their grades, and other things is what people especially the high school coaches will use at their defense. It's all BS. Easy out.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Nicely put BeastofNE.

Sad to see so many good El Paso HS football players not receive better offers and others not receive offers at all from colleges. Are these players not being helped by their high school coaches and district with the recruiting? What is going on???? What is the problem??? For example Eastlake players like Justin should have received a full ride someplace. Ivan should have received a full ride someplace. Emilio and Ezekiel also should have received full rides someplace. Eastlake players in the past also hardly ever received full ride offers to division 1 and division 2 programs. Like some have said there are lots of division 1 and division 2 programs throughout the United States this should not be a problem. Are the El Paso, TX HS football players not being helped with any of this by their coaches and district? If not why?

On coronado and franklins behalf, through experience with both Headcoaches, they do not help their players with the recruiting process at all!

I appreciate everyone who posted in this thread that I started nearly 2 months ago.

Congratulations to all student athletes who received offers and will go on to pursue a higher education and continue to play football.

You need to invest time and money into camps every summer. You have to visit the universities you’re interested in. You need to email coaches, call them leave messages. You need to sell your kid to these coaches. With social media and hudl it’s easy for your kid to get over looked. Full rides just don’t appear, you have to hunt them down.

I'm happy for Pebble Hills players Kevin Averette, Justin Wolfe, and Cameron Seabrook receiving offers from UTPB, Clarke U and ENMU but each of these players should have gone Division 1. Someone dropped the ball on these players. What's concerning about this is if it wasn't for that El Paso Combine who knows if these 3 players would be going any place after high school. Maybe as walkons somewhere.

Jose Herrera from Coronado still undecided?? I thought for sure he would be one of the first ones taken from this group.

DaRock
I'm happy for Pebble Hills players Kevin Averette, Justin Wolfe, and Cameron Seabrook receiving offers from UTPB, Clarke U and ENMU but each of these players should have gone Division 1. Someone dropped the ball on these players. What's concerning about this is if it wasn't for that El Paso Combine who knows if these 3 players would be going any place after high school. Maybe as walkons somewhere.
Because they are not as good as advertised. Good luck to them. PHHS has not won a District Championship.

Eastsider
DaRock
I\'m happy for Pebble Hills players Kevin Averette, Justin Wolfe, and Cameron Seabrook receiving offers from UTPB, Clarke U and ENMU but each of these players should have gone Division 1. Someone dropped the ball on these players. What\'s concerning about this is if it wasn\'t for that El Paso Combine who knows if these 3 players would be going any place after high school. Maybe as walkons somewhere.
Because they are not as good as advertised. Good luck to them. PHHS has not won a District Championship.
Caleb Gerber Air Force

1 2 3
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m