EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No offers? Don't sweat it. Keep grinding!

HS football athletes if your desire is to receive an offer to continue playing the sport you love and to receive an education but do not receive one single offer remember there are many Isaiah D. Buggs‏ success stories out there to keep you inspired and motivated.

"I came out of high school with ZERO offers nobody wanted me out of high school. I went to junior college and stayed humble and ALABAMA came into my life and now im playing for my first COLLEGE FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" - Isaiah D. Buggs

https://twitter.com/BigPooh_91/status/948374293569818624

#ROLLTIDE

Re: No offers? Don't sweat it. Keep grinding!

ROLLTIDE!

Aaron Jones hardly had any offers coming out of high school. UTEP eventually offered was his only offer but my point is that Aaron Jones was not in high demand by recruiters he was overlooked and passed on and Aaron Jones was not listed as a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 star athlete on rivals and all that nonsense. Look at Aaron Jones now in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers.

Edgar that is great that you mentioned Aaron in this topic. Another is John Skelton a El Paso Burges High School grad like Aaron Jones.

John Skelton had zero offers coming out of high school. UTEP did not offer Skelton a full ride all UTEP offered Skelton was a walk-on opportunity. Word was that Skelton's dad got so ticked off and tore that walk-on printed paper offer in front of UTEP's recruiter.

Skelton with no offers and desperate his dad and uncle took taped highlights to colleges in the upper east coast. Noone was interested in Skelton except Fordham University who later came calling and visited Skelton and his family here in El Paso.

John Skelton went on to break and set records at Fordham University and he led Fordham to a Conference Championship among many other successes in college.

John Skelton Awards and Honors
2006 Patriot League Rookie of the Week
2007 Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week
2007 Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week
2007 Second Team All-Patriot League selection
2008 Preseason All American by Consensus Draft Services
2009 Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week
2009 Preseason All American by Consensus Draft Services
2009 College Sporting News National All-Star
2009 Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week
2009 ECAC Offensive Player of the Week
2009 NCAA Championship Subdivision (FCS) National Leader in Passing Yards Per Game
2009 NCAA Championship Subdivision (FCS) National Leader in Total Passing Yards
2009 Invited to play in the 4th annual Texas vs. The Nation Game
2009 Played in the East-West Shrine Game- January 23, 2010
2009 Accepted invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine

John Skelton went on to the NFL and played for the Arizona Cardinals. Skelton became the first quarterback born in El Paso, TX to be a quarterback in the NFL.

Hey Bama as you stated there are many Isaiah D. Buggs success stories out there.

As for me personally I like Detroit Lions Jamal Agnew's journey to the NFL.

I like this success story because not only am I a Lions fanatic but Jamal is like 5'9" and weighs about 190 lbs

and

Jamal had ZERO Division 1 offers coming out of high school
Jamal had ZERO rated stars in high school by recruiting websites
Jamal did not play his college ball at a well known power 5 program
Jamal NON scholarship program

and despite all that

Jamal went in the 5th round of the NFL Draft
Jamal FIRST TEAM ALL PRO NFL

All are great stories.

Alex Torres former Franklin Cougars wide receiver and in his senior year started as quarterback. Alex WALKED-ON to Texas Tech and became a starter at the receiver position. Coming out of high school Alex was not offered by UTEP and he did not have any full ride offers. Alex like the players you guys are mentioning also was not rated as a elite 1 to 5 star athlete in high school. Alex had great success at Texas Tech and once again he was a WALK-ON.

ESPN/////Walk-on Torres blossoms as key Tech receiver/////ESPN
http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/2037/walk-on-torres-blossoms-as-key-tech-receiver

Great stuff! Keep it coming!!!

Justus Parker had zero rated stars and zero offers coming out of high school. He walks on to Texas Tech and earns All Big 12 in his 1st season as a walk on. He recently was awarded a scholarship.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-12-19/watch-texas-tech-db-justus-parker-awarded-scholarship-patriots

Walkon is not a bad word or bad thing to do. Keep grinding.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m