EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Who will be the best runningback in upcoming 2018 season?

Eastside
Very interesting that El Paso Times just announced their All-city teams and Caleb Gerber & Dorian Lewis got first team RB while Hankins and Zubiate got 2nd team.
Eastside do you think for one second that all city naming stuff by the local newspaper matters to elite DI and DII players like Hankins and Zubiate?

Hankins has DI offers for crying out loud he is way above that high school all city naming stuff by the local newspaper. And Zubiate already signed with the University of Texas of the Permian Basin you think he is looking back rather than forward? I'm pretty sure Zubiate doesn't care about the local newspaper naming of high school players. Zubiate like Hankins is above all that stuff at this point.

Juco
Eastside
Very interesting that El Paso Times just announced their All-city teams and Caleb Gerber & Dorian Lewis got first team RB while Hankins and Zubiate got 2nd team.
Eastside do you think for one second that all city naming stuff by the local newspaper matters to elite DI and DII players like Hankins and Zubiate?

Hankins has DI offers for crying out loud he is way above that high school all city naming stuff by the local newspaper. And Zubiate already signed with the University of Texas of the Permian Basin you think he is looking back rather than forward? I'm pretty sure Zubiate doesn't care about the local newspaper naming of high school players. Zubiate like Hankins is above all that stuff at this point.
I personally do not see anything wrong with these selections when it comes to all-city. These choices were made on your play on the field and D1 offers or commitments have nothing to do with selection obviously. Not that head to head match-ups determine choice either but I am sure it can definitely influence voters. Gerber had a great game as Pebble handled Chapin. How can we forget the highlight of Lewis running over the Chapin defender in the Andress vs Chapin game. Hankins unfortunately missed some games due to injury so I would think this in some way affected voters as well.

Juco
Eastside

Hankins has DI offers for crying out loud he is way above that high school all city naming stuff by the local newspaper. And Zubiate already signed with the University of Texas of the Permian Basin you think he is looking back rather than forward? I\'m pretty sure Zubiate doesn\'t care about the local newspaper naming of high school players. Zubiate like Hankins is above all that stuff at this point.
I said that it was interesting Juco...that's it. I cannot speak intelligently on how much it matters to these kids and honestly don't really care. I just find it interesting that the "best RB in the city" did not make 1st team all-city honors. I'm thinking Curious is correct in that maybe him missing some games played into it. Thought it was worth a conversation....

Eastside
Juco
Eastside

Hankins has DI offers for crying out loud he is way above that high school all city naming stuff by the local newspaper. And Zubiate already signed with the University of Texas of the Permian Basin you think he is looking back rather than forward? I\\\'m pretty sure Zubiate doesn\\\'t care about the local newspaper naming of high school players. Zubiate like Hankins is above all that stuff at this point.
I said that it was interesting Juco...that's it. I cannot speak intelligently on how much it matters to these kids and honestly don't really care. I just find it interesting that the "best RB in the city" did not make 1st team all-city honors. I'm thinking Curious is correct in that maybe him missing some games played into it. Thought it was worth a conversation....
This overall question leaves out many variables. OL, QB, receiving core, defense, and of course play calling. Also one back may better suit a system better than they would a different system. That does not make them a better back than others. For example a power downhill back may not flourish as much in a spread offense with more RPO type plays. D1 offers does not mean one back is better than the others just that his numbers caught the attention of scouts and coaches. That's not taking away from what they see on film as well. No doubt having a playmaker and game breaker does make the rest of the team look good. Most of the backs named I'd take in a heartbeat to feature and build a system around for while they were playing in school.

Eastside
Juco
Eastside

Hankins has DI offers for crying out loud he is way above that high school all city naming stuff by the local newspaper. And Zubiate already signed with the University of Texas of the Permian Basin you think he is looking back rather than forward? I\\\'m pretty sure Zubiate doesn\\\'t care about the local newspaper naming of high school players. Zubiate like Hankins is above all that stuff at this point.
It's all in the Politics of High School Football. The All City Teams selections, All Districts selections are selected by favoritism.

Americas running back sophomore Aaron Dumas is a stud, it’s like the fields bros had a third brother lol, fits they’re offensive scheme very well, runs hard and very quick, still young but very excited to see how things turn out for America’s this year, he’s slept on

Who will be the best running back this year? Deion Hankins ofcourse!!!! And I just read this little tidbit that Deion only needs 4 itsy bitsy yards to be El Paso, TX high school football all-time leading rusher. Deion will easily surpass Montwood's Eddie Britton who rushed for 5,524 yards.

PHS18
Who will be the best running back this year? Deion Hankins ofcourse!!!! And I just read this little tidbit that Deion only needs 4 itsy bitsy yards to be El Paso, TX high school football all-time leading rusher. Deion will easily surpass Montwood's Eddie Britton who rushed for 5,524 yards.
Sorry but Eddie Britton was a way better rb and Britton rushed most of those yards against way tougher teams in tougher district than Deion Hankins.

Tommy Barrett is going to have a breakout year at Coronado. He is going to be unstoppable. Look out for Tommy “moose” Barrett! The train is coming.

Fake news
Tommy Barrett is going to have a breakout year at Coronado. He is going to be unstoppable. Look out for Tommy “moose” Barrett! The train is coming.
Never heard of him. What did he do last season?

Qbert
Fake news
Tommy Barrett plays Middle LB. If he is playing FB he might get some carries. Garrett Slaughter is the 1 back in the spread. unless something happened.

sandman
Qbert
Fake news
Tommy Barrett plays Middle LB. If he is playing FB he might get some carries. Garrett Slaughter is the 1 back in the spread. unless something happened.
Patrick Barrett is a line backer. Slaughter starts and is backed up by Samienego.

Taj Crenshaw from Franklin, thanks to the OL for opening huge holes. Good job Cougar last night in Midland.

Gerber, dumas, crenshaw , and Slaughter are in a battle fir top honors. A lot of football left.

ALPHAWOLF
Americas high school is known for running backs, I believe they will have a sleeper this year, who know one has heard of and will be the newcomer that will take the high school 6A by storm.....
Y'all believe me now, 2300 rushing yards 17 touchdown AND District MVP later.... CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW:grimacing:

TRUEALPHA
ALPHAWOLF
Americas high school is known for running backs, I believe they will have a sleeper this year, who know one has heard of and will be the newcomer that will take the high school 6A by storm.....
Y'all believe me now, 2300 rushing yards 17 touchdown AND District MVP later.... CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW:grimacing:
Dumas was awarded Newcomer of the year while Gerber received Overall MVP

Dr. Bruce Ivins
TRUEALPHA
ALPHAWOLF
Y\'all believe me now, 2300 rushing yards 17 touchdown AND District MVP later.... CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW:grimacing:
Dumas was awarded Newcomer of the year while Gerber received Overall MVP
Props to the kids.

Where is this famous list ?

1 2 3
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m