EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Class of 2019 with Division 1 Offers?

Is Parkland Matadors Class of 2019 Deion Hankins the only one out of El Paso, TX with official Division 1 offers? If anyone knows of any others please post them here within this thread.

OFFERS:
Oklahoma State
San Diego State
UTAH
Texas Tech
SMU
UTEP

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Deion-Hankins-100970/RecruitInterests

Re: Class of 2019 with Division 1 Offers?

Caleb Gerber has had contact from Texas Tech, Baylor, and NMSU.

Hey GURU Khatib Lyles has serious interests from Division I Programs. Khatib right now has an official truly legit offer from a Division II Program in WNMU which he received last year in the summer of 2017 before his junior season.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Khatib-Lyles-103503/RecruitInterests

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7401220/5a063bd80dc14125cc811620

******* Khatib transferred to the Parkland Matadors *******

KHATIB LYLES
6'3"
200lbs

2016 Highlights of Khatib when he was a Sophomore

2017 Highlights of Khatib as a Junior 2017

:video_camera: CHECK OUT KARCH GARDINER'S 2017 HIGHLIGHTS :video_camera:
Karch should have D1 offers in the coming months.

OFOD OFOD OFOD OFOD OFOD OFOD OFOD OFOD OFOD OFOD

GURU's question was "Is Parkland Matadors Class of 2019 Deion Hankins the only one out of El Paso, TX with official Division 1 offers?"

The answer to GURU's question is

Lloyd there will be other local players like Khatib Lyles with Division 1 offers soon. It's only a matter of time.

Yale and Texas Tech has officially offered Lyles.

epwatch
Yale and Texas Tech has officially offered Lyles.
Are you positive that Khatib Lyles has official D1 offers from Yale and Texas Tech? I can't seem to find online confirmation of this being true.

Rivals.com and 247sports.com does not have Khatib Lyles with any D1 offers listed. All I see on Khatib's twitter are colleges showing interests but no proof of official offers.

https://twitter.com/khatiblyles

As I stated above it's only a matter of time.

I just read on EP Gridiron's twitter page that Khatib Lyles has a D1 offer from McNeese State University.

McNeese State University? Since when does McNeese take a look all the way down here in El Paso for talent? Hmmmm what is going on??? I am not complaining or arguing or being a hater only that it's amazing D1 Universities far away from the upper most part of the bible belt are looking at El Paso, Texas for prospects. Interesting!!!

Well that's Khatib's first official D1 offer and I'm sure he will receive others.

Khatib Lyles just now received another D1 offer. YALE! epwatch above mentioned it yesterday but it was not official and now it is official.

Khatib Lyles just now received yet another D1 offer. COLUMBIA!

BeastofNE
As I stated above it's only a matter of time.

I just read on EP Gridiron's twitter page that Khatib Lyles has a D1 offers from McNeese State University, Yale and Columbia.

Beast nobody wanted to listen to me about the kid.

That is great about Lyles, but quick question. How do football offers work for Ivy League schools. From my understanding they do not offer academic scholarships. Don’t get me wrong, kid is on path for greater things obviously. Getting attention from Ivy League schools even if for academic purposes is probably more significant than getting noticed for td’s Friday nights. I love my football but Yale, Colombia come on lol.

Curious
That is great about Lyles, but quick question. How do football offers work for Ivy League schools. From my understanding they do not offer academic scholarships. Don’t get me wrong, kid is on path for greater things obviously. Getting attention from Ivy League schools even if for academic purposes is probably more significant than getting noticed for td’s Friday nights. I love my football but Yale, Colombia come on lol.
My bad, meant to say athletic scholarships.

Curious the Ivy League "offers" if we can call it that is somewhat complicating just a tad. I will attempt to explain here but someone out there who comes to this message board may add to this and give more accurate information about this Ivy League stuff and help us both get well educated about it.

Here's what I think I know about it. Ivy League Schools do not give out full rides or full scholarships BUT they do give out pretty handsomely financial packages for the students to be or student athletes to be. Financial packages like say for instance the student or student athletes parents or parent makes less than a certain amount annually. I don't know what that annual amount is but it could be upwards to $75,000 I don't know I could be mistaken on this amount may be more or less. So if the parents or the parent earns less than $75,000 they will not have to dig that deep into their pockets or not dig into their pockets at all for any of their money for their kid's Ivy League education BUT if the parents or parent make more than $75,000 annually or a bunch more like say $250,000 annually these high roller parent$ most likely will have to pay between 15% to 20% of their actual earned annual income for their kid's education BUT the Ivy League institution might lower that % just a bit depending on certain factors. So parents or parent earning less than $75,000 will pay a little or next to nothing or nothing at all coming out of their pockets for their kids Ivy League education. Parent or parents earning more than $75,000 and lot$ more will more than likely have to pay $2,000 up to 4,000 annually and to them paying $2,000 up to $4,000 annually to a Ivy League for a solid and prestige, education, and athletics experience is very well worth it to them over full ride offers elsewhere in the country. They will see it as a superfabulicious cheap affordable deal steal no brainer for their kid to get that Ivy League experience.

Ivy League offers add some heavy spice to student and student athletes that receive multiple offers. Because on one hand if a kid has official D1 offers from New Mexico State, UTEP, SMU, Texas Tech, Wyoming, Florida St., Alabama or any other non-Ivy League institutions they have important things to discuss during dinner and decide what move to make. They have Ivy League offers because the student or student athletes have a einstein sort of a head on their shoulders with a solid GPA well parents or parent and their kid might elect to go the Ivy League route to receive that prestige, education, and athletics experience. A lot of people out there consider Ivy Leagues to serve, on a golden platter, the finest education around.

Do Ivy Leagues give out offers the answer is no but they have pretty handsomely financial packages for the students or student athletes to be.

Congrats to the two players with all those offers. I hope they bring recruiters to El Paso so they see all the talent here. When I watch the state playoffs on TV some high schools had more the 6 players with D1 offers. That's more than all the schools in El Paso and Las Crises put together. I think El Paso and the surrounding area are overlooked by scouts and schools.

RAM56
Congrats to the two players with all those offers. I hope they bring recruiters to El Paso so they see all the talent here. When I watch the state playoffs on TV some high schools had more the 6 players with D1 offers. That is more than all the schools in El Paso and Las Crises put together. I think El Paso and the surrounding area are overlooked by scouts and schools.
Let's put the State of Texas and just how far El Paso is from its other Texan brethren cities into better perspective.

Just look at the magnitude of the State of Texas and the distance El Paso is from say Dallas and Houston.

El Paso is approximately 750 miles away from its brethren cities Dallas and Houston. Obviously it's a whole lot beneficial, $$$college football program budget wise$$$, for college scouts to recruit an area where cities are closer to each other to see and evaluate more skilled players and most importantly to see and evaluate those skilled players of different race and ethnicity in so many positions. The odds of discovering, in larger quantity, bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled athletes in multiple cities, closer to each other, like Dallas, Houston, Austin, and even San Antonio is a whole lot wiser than traveling all the way to El Paso which is practically located in the State of New Mexico.

If I was a college recruiter I too would focus in that region part of Texas as my budget would go alot further. I would get bigger bang for my buck instead of traveling all the way to El Paso, spending lots of money, to see and evaluate a city that is highly Hispanic populated and not much a variety of other races and ethnicity. It would not be a wise thing to do when considering the budget I may have to work with again if I was a college recruiter.

Chew on this to get a much better perspective. El Paso is approximately 800 miles from San Diego, California just about the same distance of El Paso to Houston.

Juco
Curious the Ivy League "offers" if we can call it that is somewhat complicating just a tad. I will attempt to explain here but someone out there who comes to this message board may add to this and give more accurate information about this Ivy League stuff and help us both get well educated about it.

Here's what I think I know about it. Ivy League Schools do not give out full rides or full scholarships BUT they do give out pretty handsomely financial packages for the students to be or student athletes to be. Financial packages like say for instance the student or student athletes parents or parent makes less than a certain amount annually. I don't know what that annual amount is but it could be upwards to $75,000 I don't know I could be mistaken on this amount may be more or less. So if the parents or the parent earns less than $75,000 they will not have to dig that deep into their pockets or not dig into their pockets at all for any of their money for their kid's Ivy League education BUT if the parents or parent make more than $75,000 annually or a bunch more like say $250,000 annually these high roller parent$ most likely will have to pay between 15% to 20% of their actual earned annual income for their kid's education BUT the Ivy League institution might lower that % just a bit depending on certain factors. So parents or parent earning less than $75,000 will pay a little or next to nothing or nothing at all coming out of their pockets for their kids Ivy League education. Parent or parents earning more than $75,000 and lot$ more will more than likely have to pay $2,000 up to 4,000 annually and to them paying $2,000 up to $4,000 annually to a Ivy League for a solid and prestige, education, and athletics experience is very well worth it to them over full ride offers elsewhere in the country. They will see it as a superfabulicious cheap affordable deal steal no brainer for their kid to get that Ivy League experience.

Ivy League offers add some heavy spice to student and student athletes that receive multiple offers. Because on one hand if a kid has official D1 offers from New Mexico State, UTEP, SMU, Texas Tech, Wyoming, Florida St., Alabama or any other non-Ivy League institutions they have important things to discuss during dinner and decide what move to make. They have Ivy League offers because the student or student athletes have a einstein sort of a head on their shoulders with a solid GPA well parents or parent and their kid might elect to go the Ivy League route to receive that prestige, education, and athletics experience. A lot of people out there consider Ivy Leagues to serve, on a golden platter, the finest education around.

Do Ivy Leagues give out offers the answer is no but they have pretty handsomely financial packages for the students or student athletes to be.
Thanks for the info,
I am a bit educated as well, but just like yourself can not say I’m 100% sure on some of those details. I knew about the help these institutions provide Families especially if combined income is below 75,000 (not exactly sure if that is amount but we’ll stick to that figure lol). On top of it if the athlete scores higher on college placement testing it just keeps adding up. I believe programs like Duke and Stanford do something similar just wasn’t aware Ivy League programs work in similar fashion. Taking nothing at all from any of our athletes offered D1 full rides, but advise to all other athletes and Fams seeking scholarships. Keep those grades super high and excel in the classroom. I do not know the stats but if only 1% of athletes make it pro, the rest end up with Monday-Friday schedules and by no means am I saying that is not the path to go, but get yourself an education from an Ivy League and you’ll be making more than half of these players that do make it to the pros. On top of it, this career can last you 30+ years and not the 5-7 years or however long the NFL average career lasts. On another topic from other thread; Yes, I cannot wait to see an EP high school win a state championship but maybe that’s why schools are not combined. To have less students per classroom and hopefully our educators can assist more in keeping those grades super high lol...just sayin.

Just playing the devil’s advocate, but maybe we should start breaking our heads on how we can build “more” schools to have a less student per teacher ratio. This might help our athletes get much higher grades, smaller teams so smaller player per coach ratio. Hate to say it but many of our athletes will fall below these income guidelines so why aren’t we instead starting all kinds of blogs on how to get these Ivy Leagues to look at our athletes lol...just sayin.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m