EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Will El Paso, Texas ever have a high school football team advance to a UIL State Championship Game?

I personally don't think so. The only way I see it happening or atleast for El Paso, TX HS football teams to have a fighting chance of getting to State Championship Games on a frequent basis is if high schools in the El Paso area are combined.

My personal El Paso, Texas high schools combined with total enrollment estimates:

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
Total Enrollment Estimate (5,625)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
Total Enrollment Estimate (5,384)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
Total Enrollment Estimate (4,562)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
Total Enrollment Estimate (4,481)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
Total Enrollment Estimate (4,410)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
Total Enrollment Estimate (3,703)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
Total Enrollment Estimate (3,477)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
Total Enrollment Estimate (3,273)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
Total Enrollment Estimate (3,177)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
Total Enrollment Estimate (3,120)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
Total Enrollment Estimate (2,834)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
Total Enrollment Estimate (2,554)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
Total Enrollment Estimate (2,223)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)
Total Enrollment Estimate (1,768)

Yes I know this topic has been discussed before within this forum over the years but I think it's important to resurrect this old topic as a refresher especially since players graduate every year and a new batch of varsity players, their parents and others become highly interested in El Paso, TX HS football. Yes I also know that Cathedral has won State but Cathedral is a private school not part of any District in El Paso and not knocking on Cathedral but Cathedral only has to win like 1 playoff game to get to a State Championship Game. What I'm wanting to discuss here are teams from the school Districts in the El Paso area.

Re: Will El Paso, Texas ever have a high school football team advance to a UIL State Championship Ga

Awesome post Juco and I agree with you in the combining of El Paso high schools. Granted Canutillo just a couple of years ago, the 2014 season I believe, was only 1 game shy of advancing to the State Title game but how many years in Canutillo high school's existence did it take to get that close? 50 years? And how many years will it take for Canutillo to repeat and get to that point and have that 1 game shy of the State Title game opportunity again? Another 50 years? Combining of the many high school in the city of El Paso is indeed the only way to get El Paso teams to compete at a higher level in the post season and advancing deep in the playoffs every single year.

Re: Will El Paso, Texas ever have a high school football team advance to a UIL State Championship Ga

Juco
I personally don't think so. The only way I see it happening or atleast for El Paso, TX HS football teams to have a fighting chance of getting to State Championship Games on a frequent basis is if high schools in the El Paso area are combined.

My personal El Paso, Texas high schools combined with total enrollment estimates:

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

Yes I know this topic has been discussed before within this forum over the years but I think it's important to resurrect this old topic as a refresher especially since players graduate every year and a new batch of varsity players, their parents and others become highly interested in El Paso, TX HS football. Yes I also know that Cathedral has won State but Cathedral is a private school not part of any District in El Paso and not knocking on Cathedral but Cathedral only has to win like 1 playoff game to get to a State Championship Game. What I'm wanting to discuss here are teams from the school Districts in the El Paso area.
Great post, totally agree. El Paso stands no chance unless this miraculously happens, need to stop building schools.

OMG Juco the consolidation of El Paso, Texas high schools would be so amazing but sadly it won't happen.

Juco

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

Hey Juco the Franklin Thunderbirds would not only easily get to State but they would win State consistently LOL

EP native, current coach at a 6a central tx perrenial state contender. It's sad to never see EP represented. I think the school combos would help getting passed the second round but it takes community support and coaching to get to state. Seen film of EP schools, schematics are unimpressive.

It's obvious when you have high schools throughout the state of Texas reporting these kinds enrollment numbers El Paso doesn't stand a chance of making it to State.

Allen High School has a enrollment of 6644
Plano West High School has a enrollment of 5654
Plano East High School has a enrollment of 5343
Plano High School has a enrollment of 5198
Galena Park North Shore High School has an enrollment of 4754
Dallas Skyline High School has a enrollment of 4568
Lewisville High School has a enrollment of 4564
Duncanville High School has a enrollment of 4451
Conroe The Woodlands High School has a enrollment of 4435
Laredo United High School has a enrollment of 4422
Alief Elsik High School has a enrollment of 4283
Pasadena Dobie High School has a enrollment of 4277
Deer Park High School has a enrollment of 4083
Pearland High School has a enrollment of 4027
Houston MacArthur High School has a enrollment 4010
Conroe High School has a enrollment of 3998
Alief Hastings High School has a enrollment of 3993
Odessa High School has a enrollment of 3992
Klein Oak High School has a enrollment of 3955
Odessa Permian High School has a enrollment of 3920
and 17 other Texas High Schools with enrollments above 3500 and lots above 3000.

This is not the answer. We've talked about it before. Not even combined schools would be able to compete with Allen, DeSoto, Trinity or Southlake Carroll.

If enrollment was the key, Why hasn't Laredo United won state titles or beat a team like Lake Travis/Westlake in the playoffs? Show me how many titles Plano West, East or High have won recently...

KarlosY
This is not the answer. We've talked about it before. Not even combined schools would be able to compete with Allen, DeSoto, Trinity or Southlake Carroll.

If enrollment was the key, Why hasn't Laredo United won state titles or beat a team like Lake Travis/Westlake in the playoffs? Show me how many titles Plano West, East or High have won recently...
KarlosY the combining of high schools may not guarantee that El Paso teams will make it to the big dance but let's atleast make it fair with the rest of the State. Atleast Laredo United has that fighting chance where as not 1 single 6A El Paso team has that fighting chance.

6A Laredo United 4,422

6A Coronado 2,816
6A Franklin 2,809
6A Montwood 2,649
6A Americas 2,502
6A Pebble Hills 2,468
6A Socorro 2,442

As I stated; atleast Laredo United has a fighting chance.

This is a great idea make only a three Unified districts. But the only problem l foresee is the past Alumni of schools that the still live in the past.

Juco
KarlosY

KarlosY the combining of high schools may not guarantee that El Paso teams will make it to the big dance but let's atleast make it fair with the rest of the State. Atleast Laredo United has that fighting chance where as not 1 single 6A El Paso team has that fighting chance.

6A Laredo United 4,422

6A Coronado 2,816
6A Franklin 2,809
6A Montwood 2,649
6A Americas 2,502
6A Pebble Hills 2,468
6A Socorro 2,442

When the 6A Texas State Playoffs come around out of town media pundits and out of town 6A teams know 6A teams out of El Paso do not stand a chance in the 6A Texas State Playoffs. They easily predict El Paso losses in the early rounds of the Texas State Playoffs without any hesitation. This clearly says there is a unfairness or unbalance in the 6A Texas high school football universe. Heck right this second I predict that this coming season not one 6A El Paso team will get past the 1st round of the Texas State Playoffs.

Juco
KarlosY

6A Laredo United 4,422

6A Coronado 2,816
6A Franklin 2,809
6A Montwood 2,649
6A Americas 2,502
6A Pebble Hills 2,468
6A Socorro 2,442

If you have ever lived in Laredo you will see that United controls all enrollment for students in North Laredo their old campus was converted into the 9th grade center, they are the only school in Laredo that has that and the topic was brought up many times about opening another high school in the northern part of Laredo but they will not budge.

EP to Brownsville
If you have ever lived in Laredo you will see that United controls all enrollment for students in North Laredo their old campus was converted into the 9th grade center, they are the only school in Laredo that has that and the topic was brought up many times about opening another high school in the northern part of Laredo but they will not budge.

As much as I would love to see teams out of El Paso do insanely well in the state playoffs and make state championship appearances and winning them ofcourse I just don't see it occurring with the way "things" are today

Individual teams in Houston, DFW, Austin, San Antonio and further East Texas have a larger quantity of bigger, faster, and skilled players on their teams than El Paso teams. Individual teams in El Paso have an extreme shortage of bigger, faster, and skilled players.

The lack of bigger, faster, and skilled players on each El Paso team is the issue here. Combining El Paso high schools would help immensely in this area and El Paso will have that fighting chance.

I am spoiled to watch DFW area HS football, NEVER.—- “too many schools” is a weak statement. The kids out here are huge (length and muscle wise), faster, and more talented as a whole team. Not saying EP doesn’t have a few talented individuals, but the level of competition outside of round two in the playoffs consists of teams with several D1 and D2 players.

Juco

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

If Franklin and Coronado were to be consolidated into one varsity high school football program and the money was there to pay a great coach and coaching staff I would lay $3.5 million that this team would advance all the way to State and Win it all. This team would be a State Title contender every season. Many businesses in El Paso would be supportive of this team.

How many players from those two schools have signed with D1 schools?

DNR
How many players from those two schools have signed with D1 schools?
DNR there have been quite a few athletes in the last 35 years combining both Franklin and Coronado teams. Coronado has been around since early 1970s. Franklin since mid 1990s. DNR do your research and see.

And if combining El Paso high schools were to occurr there would be lots of players signing with D1 programs throughout El Paso every year because now it would be beneficial for college scouts to recruit El Paso with lots of great teams loaded with talent and teams receiving lots of publicity from doing well in the playoffs. The entire culture in El Paso would change instantaneously.

The trenches is where the problem lies. Height, weight, strength, and stamina from end to end on the Oline and Dline is huge factor. Combining high schools would help alot with this problem. Coaches will have more chess pieces to select from and to work with to put massive Oline and Dline together.

FanInTheStands
I am spoiled to watch DFW area HS football, NEVER.—- “too many schools” is a weak statement. The kids out here are huge (length and muscle wise), faster, and more talented as a whole team. Not saying EP doesn’t have a few talented individuals, but the level of competition outside of round two in the playoffs consists of teams with several D1 and D2 players.
Totally agree. Too many people on this board are under the belief that we have all this D1 or D2 talent. We do not. We need to get over this and let the kids play ball and stop labeling them as what "we think" they should be (D1 or D2 etc....) I mean crap, we already have a post of who has or will have or whatever a D1 offer for next year!!! Heck one kid is 5' 10" and had stats this year that were worse than some others at his position by quite a bit and the kids this yr received no offers. Lets relax and let this kids enjoy the game and whatever happens, happens!

I don't think we can argue against the idea that more numbers gives you an advantage. You create depth, competition within positions and on the practice field, etc.... But go back to what the author of the quote above said about playing against teams with more D1 and D2 talent on their rosters as you advance further in the play-offs. Players will get better with competition, but not to the point where we suddenly have a plethora of D! and D2 athletes.

If 5 teams in El Paso fielded a Steven Montez at QB you would have him being recruited at all 5 schools. Do not agree with Westsider that combining schools would give recruiters a reason to come and that all of a sudden we would have all this D1 talent. If a kid is truly a D1 talent, they will be here. It is not going to take larger schools to do that.

Also Westsider, instead of asking DNR to do his research on D1 kids from Coronado and Franklin, since you said it was quite a few, than you know, so let us know. Coronado has been around almost 50 yrs. With you saying "quite a few", the list should be worthwhile. Do the same for Franklin that has been around for around 25 years. We are talking D1 signees, not walk-on's here. I can remember Lance Taylor from I think 1978 who was a stud from Coronado and went to Texas.

Austin Westlake and Lake Travis is 6-A are perennial powerhouses in 6-A and have enrollments around 2500. Then again, Westlake produced a Drew Brees and a Nick Foles!

It is a no brainer that having more studs on a team will cause each stud to push and make each stud more studdier resulting in a hell of a studalicious team capable of studish success in the Playoffs. College recruiters will want a six pack of this team's studs to take back home.

That was a rhetorical question. Point is the combined # does not even come close to a contender in the state. Combining schools would only benefit the program because their would be twice as many players to choose from. With that being said there is a ton +3000 enrollment schools that are not competitive in state.

So not only does El Paso we have the lowest enrollments. The other schools have middle school athletic development programs 7th and 8th grade and funded powerlifting teams. Head Coaches and sometimes the Offensive and Defensive Coordinator don't teach classes. Put that into perspective.

All true except enrollments. Franklin and Coronado at 2800. Austin Schools Lake Travis 3000 ans Westlake at 2800

FalconFeather
FanInTheStands
Totally agree. Too many people on this board are under the belief that we have all this D1 or D2 talent. We do not. We need to get over this and let the kids play ball and stop labeling them as what "we think" they should be (D1 or D2 etc....) I mean crap, we already have a post of who has or will have or whatever a D1 offer for next year!!! Heck one kid is 5' 10" and had stats this year that were worse than some others at his position by quite a bit and the kids this yr received no offers. Lets relax and let this kids enjoy the game and whatever happens, happens!

I don't think we can argue against the idea that more numbers gives you an advantage. You create depth, competition within positions and on the practice field, etc.... But go back to what the author of the quote above said about playing against teams with more D1 and D2 talent on their rosters as you advance further in the play-offs. Players will get better with competition, but not to the point where we suddenly have a plethora of D! and D2 athletes.

If 5 teams in El Paso fielded a Steven Montez at QB you would have him being recruited at all 5 schools. Do not agree with Westsider that combining schools would give recruiters a reason to come and that all of a sudden we would have all this D1 talent. If a kid is truly a D1 talent, they will be here. It is not going to take larger schools to do that.

Also Westsider, instead of asking DNR to do his research on D1 kids from Coronado and Franklin, since you said it was quite a few, than you know, so let us know. Coronado has been around almost 50 yrs. With you saying "quite a few", the list should be worthwhile. Do the same for Franklin that has been around for around 25 years. We are talking D1 signees, not walk-on's here. I can remember Lance Taylor from I think 1978 who was a stud from Coronado and went to Texas.

Austin Westlake and Lake Travis is 6-A are perennial powerhouses in 6-A and have enrollments around 2500. Then again, Westlake produced a Drew Brees and a Nick Foles!

FalconFeather I don't see anywhere in here with people saying there is a plethora of D1 and D2 talent in El Paso, Texas. In my opinion there is D1 and D2 talent in El Paso, Texas a plethora of them no but plenty of them absolutely and undeniably yes.

FalconFeather you stated that people need to let the kids play ball and stop labeling them and to stop thinking what they should be D1 or D2. FalconFeather football is a sport and with sports comes opinions along with many other things. High school football is not youth football.

FalconFeather you don't know what would result if high schools were combined. What we know for a fact is that teams would be much improved and better equipped to have that fighting chance in the playoffs. But FalconFeather you nor I or anyone else knows if more D1 and D2 talent would rise out of the combining of high schools. I surely would like to think so as out of town teams in certain parts of Texas there are teams with a plethora of D1 and D2 talent on their rosters and these are the teams one must face further in the playoffs. So combining high schools in EL Paso with the increase of enrollment just maybe will give El Paso teams that fighting chance.

FalconFeather I respect your opinions but my opinion like others who have shared them in here is if high schools were combined it would result in teams having more talent on the team and result in better outcomes in the playoffs or at least being more competitive and especially overall increased exposure for the athletes resulting in D1 and D2 recruiters tempted and enticed to make a visit or two to El Paso.

FalconFeather your opinion in that if a kid is truly a D1 talent recruiters would be here and scout and offer him. Come on man over the years in El Paso there has been plenty of D1 talent go unnoticed just as a plethora of D1 talent from throughout the country that goes unnoticed every year. Thousands upon thousands fall right through the cracks going low very low extremely low under the radar. Just because a kid has D1 talent does not mean they will easily be found by a recruiter. This is where you are so wrong. So you have those elite freaks of nature beast mode athletes discovered easily with their faces and profiled plastered all over rivals.com an other sites causing them to receive millions of stars but those elite freaks of nature are a small percent compared to all the D1 talent in the country that falls through the huge cracks.

FalconFeather when you and others use team's successes like Austin Westlake's and Lake Travis with their enrollments you're talking but a very small percent of these team's with such success. Come on man you are hiding behind their success and their success can be scrutinized by many as to what goes on in those parts. Then you bringing up Drew Brees and Nick Foles with Nick Foles recently guiding the Philadelphia Eagles to a SuperBowl once again you're hiding behind these select few success stories to make a point. Get the heck out of here with that shield. You are using success stories from any place on the entire Earth to back up your opinion to make El Paso look bad or in a negative light.

FalconFeather I can do the same as you and hide behind success stories of high school teams and athletes to make my argument but I will be man enough to use the city of El Paso not some other place on Earth. AARON JONES of Burges high school in El Paso did not have any D1 offers. UTEP finally ended up offering him I believe heading into his senior season at Burges high school long story short he is in the NFL. My point FalconFeather in this is that with your belief system that there is not all this D1 and D2 talent in El Paso when in fact there is plenty not a plethora but plenty if athletes given the opportunity just as Aaron Jones was by UTEP in the last minute so to speak. JOHN SKELTON also of Burges high school in El Paso did not have any D1 offers not even from Utep but John Skelton was given that opportunity by Fordham University and John Skelton broke many records at Fordham and ended up going to the NFL as well. STEPHEN SKELTON Johns brother did not have any offers coming out of Burges and ended up being given an opportunity at Fordham University and did well there he to ended up in the NFL. ALEX TORRES also goes by Alexander Torres of Franklin high school in El Paso did not have any D1 offers not even from UTEP and he walked on to Texas Tech and won over Michael Craptrees position over players on full scholarships there at Texas Tech. No not a plethora of D1 talent exist in El Paso but there is plenty and if high schools were combined each player would bring out the best in each other and maybe just maybe the plenty of D1 talent would be seen much clearer without all the smog of negativity from people like you.

Didn't Alex Torres go to Air Force for a year or so? Prep school and got injured during basic training. That's just from basic things I remember. I don't know the details but do know he wanted to play for the Air Force Academy.

KarlosY
Didn't Alex Torres go to Air Force for a year or so? Prep school and got injured during basic training. That's just from basic things I remember. I don't know the details but do know he wanted to play for the Air Force Academy.
KarlosY that is true he was for a very short time at the AF academy but my point here is that Alex Torres did not have D1 offers coming out of Franklin high school in El Paso and UTEP did not even offer Alex Torres. If FalconFeather followed Franklin back when Alex Torres played at Franklin he would have most likely said Alex Torres is not D1 talent material simply because he did not have any D1 offers.

Anyways my point in all this is that there is plenty of D1 talent in El Paso not a plethora of D1 talent but plenty of it and with the combining of high schools maybe just maybe El Paso players like Aaron Jones, John Skelton, Stephen Skelton, and Alex Torres who were way under the radar in their high school football careers be believed in and be given that opportunity to prove they are capable of competing at the D1 level.

Just because there's not 10 to 15 high school football players being offered D1 scholarships every year in El Paso does not necessarily mean there is not D1 talent in El Paso.

Adam Roberts former Coronado Thunderbird. San Diego State gave Adam that opportunity to prove the city of El Paso has D1 talent and Adam did well at the D1 level. FalconFeather do your own research I'm not going to do it for you.

->http://www.goaztecs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/adam_roberts_769953.html

Just because you don't see El Paso players being talked about on ESPN or any other sports channel or written about in sports publications or awarded Heisman's or just because you did not receive a D1 offer when you were in high school or just because your son or sons did not receive D1 offers or just because no one at your son's high school football team received D1 offers or just because the high school football team you coach none of your top talented players received D1 offers does not at all mean there hasn't been plenty of El Paso players who have played at the D1 level or playing at the D1 level or that there isn't D1 talent in El Paso high schools today.

Will El Paso, Texas ever have a high school football team advance to a UIL State Championship Game?

In Class 6A NEVER not unless high schools are combined which will NEVER be done. El Pasoans in power who can make it happen do not have the vision and courage. All these people in power know how to do is give excuses, reasons, as to why it can't be done.

6A El Paso teams are

Coronado
Socorro
Montwood
Franklin
Americas
Pebble Hills

Coronado founded in 1962 has had 55 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Coronado has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 55 years.

Socorro founded in 1965 has had 52 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Socorro has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 52 years.

Montwood founded in 1989 has had 28 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Montwood has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 28 years.

Franklin founded in 1993 has had 24 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Franklin has only one-time defeated 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 24 years.

Americas founded in 1996 has had 21 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Americas has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 21 years.

Let's excuse Pebble Hills for now as it's a new high school founded in 2015.

In Class 5A YES whether high schools are combined or not thanks to this years realignment. When do I think a 5A El Paso team will advance to a State Championship? Maybe this upcoming season and if not within the next 4 to 6 years. If wanting it to happen quicker and more often high schools must be combined but once again this will never materialize for as I stated earlier El Pasoans in power who can make it happen do not have the vision and courage.

5A El Paso teams are

El Paso high founded in 1916 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Bowie founded in 1927 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Ysleta founded in 1927 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Austin founded in 1930 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Jefferson founded in 1949 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Burges founded in 1955 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Bel Air founded in 1957 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Parkland founded in 1958 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Irvin founded in 1959 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Andress founded in 1961 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Canutillo founded in 1964 has only one-time defeated 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in fact they defeated 3.
Eastwood founded in 1965 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Riverside founded in 1969 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Hanks founded in 1978 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Del Valle founded in 1987 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Chapin founded in 1999 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Horizon founded in 2002 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
El Dorado founded in 2003 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Eastlake founded in 2010 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.

TT

TheTruth

In Class 6A NEVER not unless high schools are combined which will NEVER be done. El Pasoans in power who can make it happen do not have the vision and courage. All these people in power know how to do is give excuses, reasons, as to why it can't be done.

6A El Paso teams are

Coronado
Socorro
Montwood
Franklin
Americas
Pebble Hills

Coronado founded in 1962 has had 55 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Coronado has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 55 years.

Socorro founded in 1965 has had 52 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Socorro has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 52 years.

Montwood founded in 1989 has had 28 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Montwood has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 28 years.

Franklin founded in 1993 has had 24 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Franklin has only one-time defeated 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 24 years.

Americas founded in 1996 has had 21 years to accomplish this feat of advancing to the State Championship and they have not and the truth is that Americas has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in 21 years.

Let's excuse Pebble Hills for now as it's a new high school founded in 2015.

In Class 5A YES whether high schools are combined or not thanks to this years realignment. When do I think a 5A El Paso team will advance to a State Championship? Maybe this upcoming season and if not within the next 4 to 6 years. If wanting it to happen quicker and more often high schools must be combined but once again this will never materialize for as I stated earlier El Pasoans in power who can make it happen do not have the vision and courage.

5A El Paso teams are

El Paso high founded in 1916 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Bowie founded in 1927 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Ysleta founded in 1927 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Austin founded in 1930 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Jefferson founded in 1949 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Burges founded in 1955 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Bel Air founded in 1957 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Parkland founded in 1958 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Irvin founded in 1959 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Andress founded in 1961 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Canutillo founded in 1964 has only one-time defeated 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs in fact they defeated 3.
Eastwood founded in 1965 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Riverside founded in 1969 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Hanks founded in 1978 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Del Valle founded in 1987 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Chapin founded in 1999 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Horizon founded in 2002 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
El Dorado founded in 2003 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.
Eastlake founded in 2010 has never been able to defeat at least 2 out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs.

TT
Hey TT, thanks for your time and research and informing us on the history of El Paso High School Football.

East
TheTruth

In Class 6A NEVER not unless high schools are combined which will NEVER be done. El Pasoans in power who can make it happen do not have the vision and courage. All these people in power know how to do is give excuses, reasons, as to why it can\'t be done.

6A El Paso teams are

Coronado
Socorro
Montwood
Franklin
Americas
Pebble Hills

Let\'s excuse Pebble Hills for now as it\'s a new high school founded in 2015.

5A El Paso teams are

TT
Hey TT, thanks for your time and research and informing us on the history of El Paso High School Football.
Thanks East.

My objective of that specific post of mine is to clearly show the trend that has been taking place with El Paso, TX HS football teams these last 60 plus years.

It's a trend or rather I should call it a habit a habit of losing in the Texas state playoffs and as everyone knows habits are hard to break especially long and old standing habits. Repeating Texas state playoff failure over and over and over again.

I also chose to post all the 6A and 5A El Paso teams so that it's easier, in much clarity, to see all the high schools that exist in El Paso. Way too many high schools the supreme culprit of this continous failure in the Texas state playoffs.

It was also important to point out the year when the high schools were founded and their lack of success against out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs for there are lots of people out there who believe and have this misconception that Coronado, Andress, Eastwood, Irvin, Montwood, and other El Paso teams have successfully defeated 2 or more out of town teams in the Texas state playoffs when the truth is never.

Great stuff truth. Truth hurts but it sets us free so they say lol. Truth what you could have included in all that is that majority if not all El Paso, TX high school football teams and their players today are being guided and coached by individuals who played on those El Paso, TX high school football teams of the past. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Combining schools is not having vision or courageous. Keep dreaming about that being the answer.

At least the direction has changed over the last 20 or so years. From 1980-2000 only one El Paso team advanced against an out of town team. That was a bad period of football and there were far less schools around.

In regards to consolidating schools, which will never happen, EP would be a perennial players at State in all other sports BUT FB. We can wrestle, play baseball, play soccer, run cross country, play basketball, and play tennis with the best in Texas on any given year as it now stands. Imagine combining schools? Wow!

sportsfan
In regards to consolidating schools, which will never happen, EP would be a perennial players at State in all other sports BUT FB. We can wrestle, play baseball, play soccer, run cross country, play basketball, and play tennis with the best in Texas on any given year as it now stands. Imagine combining schools? Wow!
El Paso, Texas High Schools Win State At Everything Except Basketball And Football.

Westsider
FalconFeather come on man you are hiding behind their success and their success can be scrutinized by many as to what goes on in those parts.

Falcon Feather your pal Westsider is absolutely correct. Look at what I just read today. Some shady stuff sure is going on in those parts.

Southlake Carroll HC Hal Wasson Resigns Amidst Scrutiny and Support

"Wasson spent a full month on administrative leave while Carroll officials conducted an investigation into his conduct and leadership of the program. Critically, the school board’s investigation found that Wasson had overseen the following episodic violations, which were in contravention with UIL bylaws, according to documents which were obtained via a public records request by the Star-Telegram. The head coach held two football summer team camps within the boundaries of the school district. Only one is allowed by the UIL, and students were solicited to attend both camps. A sixth-grade football camp for Carroll students was held at the high school on dates prohibited by the UIL, and Carroll football coaches were paid to conduct the camp."

Read full story http://texashsfootball.com/southlake-carroll-hc-hal-wasson-resigns-amidst-scrutiny-support/

Juco

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

Juco check this out. Consolidations are occurring at EPISD. EPISD will be taking school name nominations. The naming of the combined schools.

Consolidations https://tx02201707.schoolwires.net/domain/276

Are high schools next?

Qbert
Consolidations are occurring at EPISD. EPISD will be taking school name nominations. The naming of the combined schools.

Consolidations https://tx02201707.schoolwires.net/domain/276
Hey Qbert

The only high schools I remember being mentioned for consolidation were Jeff and Bowie. The communities from those two schools would fight to the death to keep them separated.

We don't have the big boys nor the African-American athletes to compete with East Texas. Nor do our schools have the budgets to support the effort it takes to have a Top 10 Program.

Franklin Fake
We don't have the big boys nor the African-American athletes to compete with East Texas. Nor do our schools have the budgets to support the effort it takes to have a Top 10 Program.
Franklin fake and that is the whole purpose of the combining of high schools in El Paso to be able for El Paso teams to have a fighting chance. This is what a lot of people are saying. Franklin fake you basically said what many know hence the need to combine high schools to at the very least have some sort of fighting chance.

I miss the old days. Go to your neighborhood school. No open enrollment. None of this going to a school you don't live within the boundaries. That would be really interesting. Fight, fight for the good ol school and treat public schools what it is all about........Education first and extracurricular sports next. On my, what a bombshell.

It is a waste of time to sit here and talk about what will not be done, like all this combining schools. Will never happen. So we need to move on. Accept EP football for what it is. We can win state in other sports and make it consistently to rounds of sweet 16 of even final 8 and a final 4 every now and then. We can bring home individual medalist in other sports as well. It is what it is. FB is not king in El Paso. Way more athletes excel in all the other sports. Heck, softball rakes in tons of scholarship offers. If a FB team goes all the way, lets enjoy the ride. But we are nowhere near perennial players at the state level.

It is called Reality Check.

I really see no need why we need a fix to schools when all the other sports do just fine.

This Dave Campbell video goes with this subject you all are talking about. Thought I would post it here in case no one has seen it.

Listening to them, what they basically said was that any area that has a large number of athletes and consolidates all of the teams into a single giant super school could probably win a state title. They even mentioned Midland/Odessa, Lubbock and Abilene as examples. This presupposes that no other area in the state also consolidates all their high schools. However, this scenario isn't going to happen. Got to deal with the world as it exists. So what other possible avenues lead to a state championship? I believe you have to begin with coaching and outside competition that forces your program to compete at a higher level, both areas that Permian is also trying to address.

PermianFan
Listening to them, what they basically said was that any area that has a large number of athletes and consolidates all of the teams into a single giant super school could probably win a state title. They even mentioned Midland/Odessa, Lubbock and Abilene as examples. This presupposes that no other area in the state also consolidates all their high schools. However, this scenario isn't going to happen. Got to deal with the world as it exists. So what other possible avenues lead to a state championship? I believe you have to begin with coaching and outside competition that forces your program to compete at a higher level, both areas that Permian is also trying to address.
What most on this thread are implying is the combining of the high schools in TWO's making them a pair which is realistic. Noone in this thread is saying to gather the best athletes in the city of El Paso and make 1 super duper all star team. That Dave Campbell video is saying just that the gathering of the best athletes in 1 city and making a super duper all star team which is unrealistic. Ofcourse the picking of high school players in 1 city and making a super duper all star team is not going to happen. That is ridiculous!!! That Dave Campbell video is unrealistic.

This thread that Juco started clearly states the combining of 2 high schools since there are so many high schools in El Paso unlike in Lubbock, midland and Odessa where there are not that many. El Paso is crowded with high schools.

This combining of 2 high schools that are relatively close to each is realistic.

Andress high school is only 3 minutes to Parkland high school.
Chapin high school is only 3 minutes to Irvin high school and Austin high school.
Bowie high school is only 3 minutes to Jefferson high school.
Montwood high school is only 3 minutes to El Dorado high school.
Eastwood high school is only 3 minutes to Hanks high school.
Americas high school is only 3 minutes to Del Valle high school.
Pebble Hills high school is only 5 minutes to El Dorado high school.
Eastwood high school is only 5 minutes to Bel Air high school.
El Paso high school is only 5 minutes to Austin high school.
Ysleta high school is only 5 minutes to Riverside high school.
Bel Air high school is only 5 minutes to Riverside high school
Eastlake high school is only 5 minutes to Horizon high school.
Franklin high school is only 5 minutes to Coronado high school.
Parkland high school is only 5 minutes to Irvin high school
Andress high school is only 5 minutes to Chapin high school.
Canutillo high school is only 10 minutes to Franklin high school.

Combining of 2 high schools here and there throughout the city of El Paso will give El Paso a fighting chance in the playoffs as everyone has been saying. Way too many high schools right close to each other practically on top of each other.

FanInTheStands
First off, totally agree with this statement.

Secondly, when UIL goes to a Super Conference and places all schools above 3,000 or 3,500 in a separate play-off bracket that will help.

Third, it is fun to talk about consolidating schools, but we all know that will not happen. You have 3 big school districts in EP. Hell, EPISD can't even consolidate two elementary schools due to low enrollment without having parents in an uproar! Some of the suggestions read thus far all make sense, but some have schools from different districts being combined which can not happen. Also, only a few of the consolidations may actually produce a team that advances a bit further. Some schools would still be fighting for respect.

Fourth, all our school districts have site based decision making. Basically meaning the principals decide everything. AD's have no say so who is hired. So it basically means they hire all their staff and will never hardly let a head coach tell them who to hire at the middle school level. Hell, we have the co-op program in all three districts that lets college kids coach in the middle schools. No stability what so ever. Head coaches will never get a chance to have their schemes and philosophy run at the middle school level.

Fifth, our middle school do not have athletics like some in other parts of Texas.

Sixth, I think the year Canutillo went far they had a large group of kids that had played together for years. This is rare in EP. Too many egos with parents and kids who want what is only best for them. They will live in one part of town and drive 45 minutes to play in another part just so their kid can shine or the parent can shine as a coach. Developing a core group of kids from early on by playing together is hard too do now days. Permian ans Lee were known for this back in the day. As well as developing their feeder program.

Seventh, money is not the answer. You could bring in the guy from Southlake Carroll who just got canned and you would have the same results, trust me. With the constraints mentioned above, he would not know what to do.

Wow...keep dreaming. You are proposing ignoring state drawn districts and combining schools not even in the same school districts. Andress and Parkland will never happen. Eastwood and Hanks will never happen. Americas and Del Valle....where did that one come from?????smh will never happen. Eastlake and Horizon....war will break out first....never happen. If you all keep insisting on this combining school stuff at least combine schools in the same district.

Juco

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

Juco good piece :+1:

Pipe Smoker
Wow...keep dreaming. You are proposing ignoring state drawn districts and combining schools not even in the same school districts. Andress and Parkland will never happen. Eastwood and Hanks will never happen. Americas and Del Valle....where did that one come from?????smh will never happen. Eastlake and Horizon....war will break out first....never happen. If you all keep insisting on this combining school stuff at least combine schools in the same district.
You are correct Sir. As well as East Side and Fan In The Stands. Am sure you will get some negative comments as many get mad if you don’t dream with them or correct them. FB May be the most popular, but it is by far not the most successful sport in EP. Ouch.

Old timer
Pipe Smoker
You are correct Sir. As well as East Side and Fan In The Stands. Am sure you will get some negative comments as many get mad if you don’t dream with them or correct them. FB May be the most popular, but it is by far not the most successful sport in EP. Ouch.
High school football might not be the most successful in El Paso in terms of winning State Championships but high school football is the most successful sport in terms of spectators and money that it brings in to the school districts. Ouch

You are right, it brings in the most. But it also has the most overhead. electricity for the lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee's, security, police or sheriff officers are all considered in the budget for football games. On any given Friday when you have a great crowd for Bel Air vs. Eastwood you may have a handful for Fabens at Riverside and EPHS at Ysleta.

Also, football by far alone has the highest overall cost in terms of uniforms and equipment for 3 teams. So in the end, it is not the moneymaker it seems.

It sure has the highest budget when you consider 3 teams. Yes there is fundraising, but that does not come close to everything they need. Thus the higher budget for all the equip and everything. Thus lower any profits you may take in at the gate.

EastSide
You are right, it brings in the most. But it also has the most overhead. electricity for the lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee's, security, police or sheriff officers are all considered in the budget for football games. On any given Friday when you have a great crowd for Bel Air vs. Eastwood you may have a handful for Fabens at Riverside and EPHS at Ysleta.

Also, football by far alone has the highest overall cost in terms of uniforms and equipment for 3 teams. So in the end, it is not the moneymaker it seems.

It sure has the highest budget when you consider 3 teams. Yes there is fundraising, but that does not come close to everything they need. Thus the higher budget for all the equip and everything. Thus lower any profits you may take in at the gate.

That's ludicrous! I can say the same thing along those lines when it comes to overhead.

All the money that high school football games bring in yeah it has lots of overhead but there would be a lot more money in the piggy bank leftover from high school football if the districts did not use all that high school football game money made to pay for other high school sports electricity for lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee's, security, police, or sheriff officers, uniforms, equipment.

Thank goodness for high school football or else those other high school sports would not exist.

I've been to a couple of high school soccer games and there are usually on average about 20 spectators watching the game. Lots of overhead used for games of only 20 spectators. Just saying. Other non football sports the same low spectatorship.

High school football supports the other sports.

BeastofNE
EastSide

That's ludicrous! I can say the same thing along those lines when it comes to overhead.

All the money that high school football games bring in yeah it has lots of overhead but there would be a lot more money in the piggy bank leftover from high school football if the districts did not use all that high school football game money made to pay for other high school sports electricity for lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee's, security, police, or sheriff officers, uniforms, equipment.

Thank goodness for high school football or else those other high school sports would not exist.

I've been to a couple of high school soccer games and there are usually on average about 20 spectators watching the game. Lots of overhead used for games of only 20 spectators. Just saying. Other non football sports the same low spectatorship.

Not so fast NE Beast.

First off, let's not confuse the NCAA model of FB of supporting other programs. Public schools are set up to offer an array of activities for their students in which a budget is developed to include all these activities. The budget is not decided by how much FB makes.

Actually, other sports would excel without FB.

If you look around the country at places where where kids have to "pay to play" you will see that many places charge those that play FB the most. Why? The cost.

Secondly, you are forgetting one major aspect of the overhead. Salaries. YISD spends $109,500 on all football coaches. YISD has 6 schools. That is a total of $766,500 in salaries (overhead expense) going towards FB. So tell me know that FB takes care of itself AND all the other sports.

Imagine how much in the red the districts are in with football programs after the bottom line is dealt with.

Baseball, Softball, Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls and Boy Soccer programs would all be paid for with this $109,500.

EastSide
BeastofNE
EastSide
You are right, it brings in the most. But it also has the most overhead. electricity for the lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\'s, security, police or sheriff officers are all considered in the budget for football games. On any given Friday when you have a great crowd for Bel Air vs. Eastwood you may have a handful for Fabens at Riverside and EPHS at Ysleta.

That\'s ludicrous! I can say the same thing along those lines when it comes to overhead.

All the money that high school football games bring in yeah it has lots of overhead but there would be a lot more money in the piggy bank leftover from high school football if the districts did not use all that high school football game money made to pay for other high school sports electricity for lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\'s, security, police, or sheriff officers, uniforms, equipment.

I\'ve been to a couple of high school soccer games and there are usually on average about 20 spectators watching the game. Lots of overhead used for games of only 20 spectators. Just saying. Other non football sports the same low spectatorship.

Not so fast NE Beast.

First off, let's not confuse the NCAA model of FB of supporting other programs. Public schools are set up to offer an array of activities for their students in which a budget is developed to include all these activities. The budget is not decided by how much FB makes.

If you look around the country at places where where kids have to "pay to play" you will see that many places charge those that play FB the most. Why? The cost.

Secondly, you are forgetting one major aspect of the overhead. Salaries. YISD spends $109,500 on all football coaches. YISD has 6 schools. That is a total of $766,500 in salaries (overhead expense) going towards FB. So tell me know that FB takes care of itself AND all the other sports.

Imagine how much in the red the districts are in with football programs after the bottom line is dealt with.

Baseball, Softball, Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls and Boy Soccer programs would all be paid for with this $109,500.

You're funny.

Besides who goes to el paso high school boys baseball, girls softball, girls and boys basketball soccer games? That $109,500 figure you conjured up from the clouds would go to waste.

Come on

BeastofNE
EastSide
BeastofNE
EastSide
You are right, it brings in the most. But it also has the most overhead. electricity for the lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\\\'s, security, police or sheriff officers are all considered in the budget for football games. On any given Friday when you have a great crowd for Bel Air vs. Eastwood you may have a handful for Fabens at Riverside and EPHS at Ysleta.

That\\\'s ludicrous! I can say the same thing along those lines when it comes to overhead.

All the money that high school football games bring in yeah it has lots of overhead but there would be a lot more money in the piggy bank leftover from high school football if the districts did not use all that high school football game money made to pay for other high school sports electricity for lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\\\'s, security, police, or sheriff officers, uniforms, equipment.

I\\\'ve been to a couple of high school soccer games and there are usually on average about 20 spectators watching the game. Lots of overhead used for games of only 20 spectators. Just saying. Other non football sports the same low spectatorship.

Not so fast NE Beast.

First off, let\'s not confuse the NCAA model of FB of supporting other programs. Public schools are set up to offer an array of activities for their students in which a budget is developed to include all these activities. The budget is not decided by how much FB makes.

If you look around the country at places where where kids have to \"pay to play\" you will see that many places charge those that play FB the most. Why? The cost.

Secondly, you are forgetting one major aspect of the overhead. Salaries. YISD spends \$109,500 on all football coaches. YISD has 6 schools. That is a total of \$766,500 in salaries (overhead expense) going towards FB. So tell me know that FB takes care of itself AND all the other sports.

Baseball, Softball, Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls and Boy Soccer programs would all be paid for with this \$109,500.

You're funny.

Besides who goes to el paso high school boys baseball, girls softball, girls and boys basketball soccer games? That $109,500 figure you conjured up from the clouds would go to waste.

Come on

As I though, very much narrow minded and all about the mighty football. These kids in the other sports work just as hard as the fb kids. And to sit there and say that money would be a waste to use on them just because they do not fill up the stands? Wow. So much for being about the kids.

By the way, copy and paste the two links below and it will take you to my conjouring clouds with FACTUAL FIGURES. The Del Valle coaching list so you can see the coaching staff and positions. The 2017-18 YISD employee compensation plan so you can see salaries for positions.

https://www.yisd.net/cms/lib/TX01917279/Centricity/Domain/155/Employee%20Compensation%20Plan.pdf

https://www.yisd.net/cms/lib/TX01917279/Centricity/Domain/584/Del%20Valle%202017-18.pdf

Pretty Funny, Huh!

Why worry about a mythical State Championship that will never happen?

Why don't we create our own EP Championship like the little bowl, we can call it the BIG little bowl. We don't need to worry about the rest of Texas, they don't care about us.

Think about it, the top 32 teams in EP(all teams) enter a 5 week NCAA bracket type elimination, title game played before the Sun Bowl, get some

FeoLeo
Why worry about a mythical State Championship that will never happen?

Why don't we create our own EP Championship like the little bowl, we can call it the BIG little bowl. We don't need to worry about the rest of Texas, they don't care about us.

Think about it, the top 32 teams in EP(all teams) enter a 5 week NCAA bracket type elimination, title game played before the Sun Bowl, get some
Another idea, use the College playoff format and call it the WEST TEXAS STATE CHAMPION !!

EastSide
BeastofNE
EastSide
BeastofNE
EastSide
You are right, it brings in the most. But it also has the most overhead. electricity for the lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s, security, police or sheriff officers are all considered in the budget for football games. On any given Friday when you have a great crowd for Bel Air vs. Eastwood you may have a handful for Fabens at Riverside and EPHS at Ysleta.

That\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s ludicrous! I can say the same thing along those lines when it comes to overhead.

All the money that high school football games bring in yeah it has lots of overhead but there would be a lot more money in the piggy bank leftover from high school football if the districts did not use all that high school football game money made to pay for other high school sports electricity for lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s, security, police, or sheriff officers, uniforms, equipment.

I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve been to a couple of high school soccer games and there are usually on average about 20 spectators watching the game. Lots of overhead used for games of only 20 spectators. Just saying. Other non football sports the same low spectatorship.

Not so fast NE Beast.

First off, let\\\\\\\'s not confuse the NCAA model of FB of supporting other programs. Public schools are set up to offer an array of activities for their students in which a budget is developed to include all these activities. The budget is not decided by how much FB makes.

If you look around the country at places where where kids have to \\\\\\\"pay to play\\\\\\\" you will see that many places charge those that play FB the most. Why? The cost.

Secondly, you are forgetting one major aspect of the overhead. Salaries. YISD spends \\\\\\\$109,500 on all football coaches. YISD has 6 schools. That is a total of \\\\\\\$766,500 in salaries (overhead expense) going towards FB. So tell me know that FB takes care of itself AND all the other sports.

Baseball, Softball, Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls and Boy Soccer programs would all be paid for with this \\\\\\\$109,500.

You\\\'re funny.

Besides who goes to el paso high school boys baseball, girls softball, girls and boys basketball soccer games? That \\\$109,500 figure you conjured up from the clouds would go to waste.

Come on

As I though, very much narrow minded and all about the mighty football. These kids in the other sports work just as hard as the fb kids. And to sit there and say that money would be a waste to use on them just because they do not fill up the stands? Wow. So much for being about the kids.

By the way, copy and paste the two links below and it will take you to my conjouring clouds with FACTUAL FIGURES. The Del Valle coaching list so you can see the coaching staff and positions. The 2017-18 YISD employee compensation plan so you can see salaries for positions.

https://www.yisd.net/cms/lib/TX01917279/Centricity/Domain/155/Employee%20Compensation%20Plan.pdf

https://www.yisd.net/cms/lib/TX01917279/Centricity/Domain/584/Del%20Valle%202017-18.pdf

Pretty Funny, Huh!
Here is a picture of last night's Soccer game at the Socorro Complex between El Dorado and Americas. I see only 5 people in the stands. How much do they charge at Soccer games? How much did the district make on this specific Soccer game? Please get me the factual figures for this specific game.

And yes the lights and its facilities in general used in this specific Soccer game is a waste of money. That waste of money can be better used elsewhere like in varsity football.

BeastofNE
EastSide
BeastofNE
EastSide
BeastofNE
EastSide
You are right, it brings in the most. But it also has the most overhead. electricity for the lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s, security, police or sheriff officers are all considered in the budget for football games. On any given Friday when you have a great crowd for Bel Air vs. Eastwood you may have a handful for Fabens at Riverside and EPHS at Ysleta.

That\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s ludicrous! I can say the same thing along those lines when it comes to overhead.

All the money that high school football games bring in yeah it has lots of overhead but there would be a lot more money in the piggy bank leftover from high school football if the districts did not use all that high school football game money made to pay for other high school sports electricity for lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s, security, police, or sheriff officers, uniforms, equipment.

I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve been to a couple of high school soccer games and there are usually on average about 20 spectators watching the game. Lots of overhead used for games of only 20 spectators. Just saying. Other non football sports the same low spectatorship.

Not so fast NE Beast.

First off, let\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s not confuse the NCAA model of FB of supporting other programs. Public schools are set up to offer an array of activities for their students in which a budget is developed to include all these activities. The budget is not decided by how much FB makes.

If you look around the country at places where where kids have to \\\\\\\\\\\\\\"pay to play\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" you will see that many places charge those that play FB the most. Why? The cost.

Secondly, you are forgetting one major aspect of the overhead. Salaries. YISD spends \\\\\\\\\\\\\\$109,500 on all football coaches. YISD has 6 schools. That is a total of \\\\\\\\\\\\\\$766,500 in salaries (overhead expense) going towards FB. So tell me know that FB takes care of itself AND all the other sports.

Baseball, Softball, Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls and Boy Soccer programs would all be paid for with this \\\\\\\\\\\\\\$109,500.

You\\\\\\'re funny.

Besides who goes to el paso high school boys baseball, girls softball, girls and boys basketball soccer games? That \\\\\\$109,500 figure you conjured up from the clouds would go to waste.

Come on

Pretty Funny, Huh!
Here is a picture of last night's Soccer game at the Socorro Complex between El Dorado and Americas. I see only 5 people in the stands. How much do they charge at Soccer games? How much did the district make on this specific Soccer game? Please get me the factual figures for this specific game.

And yes the lights and its facilities in general used in this specific Soccer game is a waste of money. That waste of money can be better used elsewhere like in varsity football.

And here I thought that the greatness of sports in American public schools came from the fact that students were free to pursue competition in their sport of choice without being held back economically....but yet here we are....with that latest post.

Jimmy 2 Jackets
BeastofNE
EastSide
BeastofNE
EastSide
BeastofNE
EastSide
You are right, it brings in the most. But it also has the most overhead. electricity for the lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s, security, police or sheriff officers are all considered in the budget for football games. On any given Friday when you have a great crowd for Bel Air vs. Eastwood you may have a handful for Fabens at Riverside and EPHS at Ysleta.

That\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s ludicrous! I can say the same thing along those lines when it comes to overhead.

All the money that high school football games bring in yeah it has lots of overhead but there would be a lot more money in the piggy bank leftover from high school football if the districts did not use all that high school football game money made to pay for other high school sports electricity for lights, bus drivers, maintenance and gas, game day workers, referee\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s, security, police, or sheriff officers, uniforms, equipment.

I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve been to a couple of high school soccer games and there are usually on average about 20 spectators watching the game. Lots of overhead used for games of only 20 spectators. Just saying. Other non football sports the same low spectatorship.

Not so fast NE Beast.

First off, let\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s not confuse the NCAA model of FB of supporting other programs. Public schools are set up to offer an array of activities for their students in which a budget is developed to include all these activities. The budget is not decided by how much FB makes.

If you look around the country at places where where kids have to \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"pay to play\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" you will see that many places charge those that play FB the most. Why? The cost.

Secondly, you are forgetting one major aspect of the overhead. Salaries. YISD spends \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\$109,500 on all football coaches. YISD has 6 schools. That is a total of \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\$766,500 in salaries (overhead expense) going towards FB. So tell me know that FB takes care of itself AND all the other sports.

Baseball, Softball, Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls and Boy Soccer programs would all be paid for with this \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\$109,500.

You\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re funny.

Besides who goes to el paso high school boys baseball, girls softball, girls and boys basketball soccer games? That \\\\\\\\\\\\\$109,500 figure you conjured up from the clouds would go to waste.

Come on

Pretty Funny, Huh!
Here is a picture of last night\'s Soccer game at the Socorro Complex between El Dorado and Americas. I see only 5 people in the stands. How much do they charge at Soccer games? How much did the district make on this specific Soccer game? Please get me the factual figures for this specific game.

And here I thought that the greatness of sports in American public schools came from the fact that students were free to pursue competition in their sport of choice without being held back economically....but yet here we are....with that latest post.
Hey NE Beast, with the exception of maybe a couple of the past seasons, it’s not like Parkland has been the must see show in FB. There’s a reason you have a little bitty jr. High stadium!

FaclonFeather atleast we can call our stadium our own where as Eastlake shares a stadium with 6 other football teams. Instead of butting into conversations you should start a topic as to why Eastlake has never had a varsity football player sign with a division 1 program on signing day.

I see that a couple of you are getting off the topic on this thread that I started. Get back on topic girls and stop your cat fight. The only one that seems to be enjoying your nonsense is Captain Obvious.

Juco

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

I still disagree with the whole premise.

Another point to consider is that only schools from the same ISD could/should be consolidated. Chapin/Irvin and Bowie/Jeff are a good example.

For other districts, like Clint, the consolidation would be Horizon/Mt View/Clint. SISD would be Eastlake/Socorro. Can't merge schools from El Paso and Ysleta ISd for sure.

BeastofNE
FaclonFeather atleast we can call our stadium our own where as Eastlake shares a stadium with 6 other football teams. Instead of butting into conversations you should start a topic as to why Eastlake has never had a varsity football player sign with a division 1 program on signing day.
Hows this for facts NE Beast:

Eastlake Football
3 District Championships
4 Bi-District Championships
2 Area Championships

All This in 6 yrs. of varsity competition, with the first yr. being without Seniors.

No D 1 Signee's needed. It is all about team!!!!!!!!!!

Just the facts Beast, as you seem immersed in facts. And Parkland??????

FalconFeather
BeastofNE
Hows this for facts NE Beast:

Eastlake Football
3 District Championships
4 Bi-District Championships
2 Area Championships

All This in 6 yrs. of varsity competition, with the first yr. being without Seniors.

No D 1 Signee's needed. It is all about team!!!!!!!!!!

Just the facts Beast, as you seem immersed in facts. And Parkland??????
No college Signee's needed at Eastlake??? That comment speaks volumes. They're all about only winning championships looking good in the win loss column. Ok whatever if you say so.

At Parkland we work at trying to do both. Have signee's and win championships. For example like last season Parkland won Bidistrict Championship and is having players receiving division 1 offers. Team and individual player success for their future.

Coaches and players work there asses off on the field and in the classroom to succeed. Many have received great academic scholarships. It’s not all about taking it to the next level in FB.

You and Others are so caught up in all this D1 hype it is a joke!

For Eastlake to have all their success without D1 material says a lot . It’s not the coaches that make a D1 player. So don’t go blaming our staff or praising yours.

You go ahead and ride all your glory on Hankins. Your coaches did not do that. And don’t even think about taking credit for the transfer kid.

FalconFeather
Coaches and players work there asses off on the field and in the classroom to succeed. Many have received great academic scholarships. It’s not all about taking it to the next level in FB.

For Eastlake to have all their success without D1 material says a lot . It’s not the coaches that make a D1 player. So don’t go blaming our staff or praising yours.

You go ahead and ride all your glory on Hankins. Your coaches did not do that. And don’t even think about taking credit for the transfer kid.
What happen with the UIL Rule on Transfers playing any Varsity Sport ?

?
FalconFeather

What happen with the UIL Rule on Transfers playing any Varsity Sport ?
The UIL RULES are still the same for transfers, if that kid parents move to another District and become a resident there, then the kid is not responsible for the parents action. Therefore the kid will be eligible to play without any legal action taken against the kid.....

FalconFeather

Is not high school football about the kids like their education, coaching them up to be great men in society, to pursue their dreams like going to a division 1 program, and all that good stuff. FalconFeather I did not know it was only about Wins and Losses to make the high school coaches resumes look good and fill up high school glass cases with trophies. Thanks for letting me know what it is all about. All this time I thought it was about the kids.

BeastofNE
you should start a topic as to why Eastlake has never had a varsity football player sign with a division 1 program on signing day. Maybe this will shed some light into your incorrect statement BeastofNE and allow you to get back to the original topic ....Good luck this year !!!!!!!!! Matts should have another good run this upcoming year!!! :sunglasses:

http://www.elpasoinc.com/columns/local_columnists/miner-football-lands-on-national-signing-day/article_68525284-ae2a-11e4-8c03-47ed8c1ccc33.html

Kingsrealm
BeastofNE
you should start a topic as to why Eastlake has never had a varsity football player sign with a division 1 program on signing day. Maybe this will shed some light into your incorrect statement BeastofNE and allow you to get back to the original topic ....Good luck this year !!!!!!!!! Matts should have another good run this upcoming year!!! :sunglasses:

http://www.elpasoinc.com/columns/local_columnists/miner-football-lands-on-national-signing-day/article_68525284-ae2a-11e4-8c03-47ed8c1ccc33.html
Ohhhh that is right that 1 Eastlake player Chris Barnwell forgot about that guy. Although I believe he did not start as a true freshman and I believe he did not receive a full ride immediately. I believe he gray shirted or something like that. But he did good and earned a scholarship later and started playing which is good for him and what its all about.

Good luck to Eastlake this year. Hopefully they go far and after the season they have a couple of players sign to division 1 programs making some of those players dreams come true.

Have a great season Beast! Enjoyed our "chats". Don't get too crazy on me, though!

Thank you gentlemen for the entertainment. Very well done closing it out with class.

Juco

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

It will never happen. Understand this OK

Norman
Juco

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

It will never happen because of the PRIDE OF EL PASO #MACHISMO

TRUTH......
Norman
Juco
I personally don\'t think so. The only way I see it happening or atleast for El Paso, TX HS football teams to have a fighting chance of getting to State Championship Games on a frequent basis is if high schools in the El Paso area are combined.

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

Yes I know this topic has been discussed before within this forum over the years but I think it\'s important to resurrect this old topic as a refresher especially since players graduate every year and a new batch of varsity players, their parents and others become highly interested in El Paso, TX HS football. Yes I also know that Cathedral has won State but Cathedral is a private school not part of any District in El Paso and not knocking on Cathedral but Cathedral only has to win like 1 playoff game to get to a State Championship Game. What I\'m wanting to discuss here are teams from the school Districts in the El Paso area.
It will never happen because of the PRIDE OF EL PASO #MACHISMO
It won't happen because the priority for schools is EDUCATION, not Athletics. Students need good teacher ratios and good class sizes. We don't want to have 3000 students in a freshaman center and 5000 in a Community College/Senior High.

Karlos but there are high schools all over the country each with over 4,000 enrollment and they are doing just fine.

would be nice to at least get to see the dance floor, but El Paso is not really football a town. hasn't been in the 8 years I have been here and don't see that changing. If the talent here really want a chance to get seen and get to that next level (with out just being a monster on the field), you have to take your student athlete out of El Paso for camps. I'm not talking combines, but skill camps. I recommend only attending college camps with multiple schools in attendance. I also think because from what I have seen here is that the only thing that matters is district????? Now I'm an old dog, I played in Oklahoma and to be honest we never talked about district, it was always state. State was the goal, and yes I know you have to do well locally but when you are just happy with district, then after that's over the kids are ready to turn in their pads and call it a year so they can brag about winning district. with all that being said,,, who's ready for some football...

Agree that you should prioritize chasing a State Title. But big difference between Oklahoma and Texas. OK has around 550 public high schools and TX has around 7 times more, 3700. Break down the schools into classifications and it is possible to have a bright light at the end of the tunnel and make it to a State title game in OK.

Lobo8
would be nice to at least get to see the dance floor, but El Paso is not really football a town. hasn't been in the 8 years I have been here and don't see that changing. If the talent here really want a chance to get seen and get to that next level (with out just being a monster on the field), you have to take your student athlete out of El Paso for camps. I'm not talking combines, but skill camps. I recommend only attending college camps with multiple schools in attendance. I also think because from what I have seen here is that the only thing that matters is district????? Now I'm an old dog, I played in Oklahoma and to be honest we never talked about district, it was always state. State was the goal, and yes I know you have to do well locally but when you are just happy with district, then after that's over the kids are ready to turn in their pads and call it a year so they can brag about winning district. with all that being said,,, who's ready for some football...
I keep saying that everytime kids need to attend camps/combines and El Paso lacks hosting those for example FBU at San Antonio that I know of I saw one kid from EP he will be playing at PH, it sucks to make that drive but it is needed and if more kids from the same schools attended it would show in the program. College camp season is around the corner and Texas will be hosting many camps across the state get out there and grind!

El Paso won’t, two reasons but the smaller of which is that the schools are too lowly populated and spread out. That’s a factor talent wise but ultimately the bigger issue lies in the development here. I’m from Odessa Texas and we build our teams different. Schools are our little leagues and the rams run and practice the same plays they will run in Highschool same blocking scheme same everything, this way by the time they are in highschool is all muscle memory. Also youth coaches here care more about a dumb little bowl trophy than they actually do getting teams ready for the future. They use plays or formations that are nothing like they will run in middle school and nothing like the high school level. Also in Odessa all the coaches are comprised of former Odessa Permian/high players so they know the systems. Here they are developed by fandoms and dads that never picked up a ball. That’s where the issue lies. Fix the foundation and we have a chance but otherwise nope.

Outside looking in
El Paso won’t, two reasons but the smaller of which is that the schools are too lowly populated and spread out. That’s a factor talent wise but ultimately the bigger issue lies in the development here. I’m from Odessa Texas and we build our teams different. Schools are our little leagues and the rams run and practice the same plays they will run in Highschool same blocking scheme same everything, this way by the time they are in highschool is all muscle memory. Also youth coaches here care more about a dumb little bowl trophy than they actually do getting teams ready for the future. They use plays or formations that are nothing like they will run in middle school and nothing like the high school level. Also in Odessa all the coaches are comprised of former Odessa Permian/high players so they know the systems. Here they are developed by fandoms and dads that never picked up a ball. That’s where the issue lies. Fix the foundation and we have a chance but otherwise nope.
I totally agree....

EP to Brownsville
Lobo8
would be nice to at least get to see the dance floor, but El Paso is not really football a town. hasn\'t been in the 8 years I have been here and don\'t see that changing. If the talent here really want a chance to get seen and get to that next level (with out just being a monster on the field), you have to take your student athlete out of El Paso for camps. I\'m not talking combines, but skill camps. I recommend only attending college camps with multiple schools in attendance. I also think because from what I have seen here is that the only thing that matters is district????? Now I\'m an old dog, I played in Oklahoma and to be honest we never talked about district, it was always state. State was the goal, and yes I know you have to do well locally but when you are just happy with district, then after that\'s over the kids are ready to turn in their pads and call it a year so they can brag about winning district. with all that being said,,, who\'s ready for some football...
I keep saying that everytime kids need to attend camps/combines and El Paso lacks hosting those for example FBU at San Antonio that I know of I saw one kid from EP he will be playing at PH, it sucks to make that drive but it is needed and if more kids from the same schools attended it would show in the program. College camp season is around the corner and Texas will be hosting many camps across the state get out there and grind!
yeah,, me and my son are out of town again this weekend going to a camp here in Austin.. camps are open, and will get hot and heavy next month. I took my other son to camps two years in a row and he got noticed. had a total of 7 D1 offers and is currently attending college. he is in his Jr. year he will graduate in may and have two years of eligibility left. so I may have spent about $3500 on camps total, so that mean I paid $3500 for him to attend a D1 school and get a degree and will get getting his Masters. Camps pay off if your kid has the skill, but the most important part is the GRADES,, that's number 1...

LOBO8 you are correct about the grades and how important they are. Unfortunately many do not get a chance to either go to these camps or can afford them. As well as some are just to reliant on HUDL and do not make the effort to attend camps. Your boys are ridiculous athletes,lol, and will get looks as they go through high school. Having coached and been around your boys I know they are academically and physically prepared for continued success.
Now I agree the talk should be state championship but in my experience with my son that's really only a individual sports conversation in El Paso. Like wrestling, swimming and track.

Juco

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

How about we build a super team? Grab all the best talents from the different parts of the city and make some super teams that will compete with out of town teams? Every year there will be tryouts to play on this super team. I think it would be a good idea because that means there is competition to not o my try and make the team but, to keep their spot on the team. That would make practices more intense, workouts more intense, kids will push harder, and then come gametime they'll be so jacked and ready to beat up on someone else they'd probably tear a new one in an out of town team. I agree with JUCO we have so many teams here in El Paso and so many kids with talent on separate teams and basically carrying that team on their own shoulders but, can only do so much with a limited amount of talent on that one team.

EPHS Alum
Juco
I personally don\'t think so. The only way I see it happening or atleast for El Paso, TX HS football teams to have a fighting chance of getting to State Championship Games on a frequent basis is if high schools in the El Paso area are combined.

Coronado (2,816)
Franklin (2,809)
---------------
Eastwood (2,160)
Bel Air (1,987)
Burges (1,537)
---------------
Americas (2,502)
Del Valle (2,060)
---------------
Pebble Hills (2,468)
El Dorado (2,013)
---------------
Montwood (2,649)
Hanks (1,761)
---------------
Eastlake (2,155)
Horizon (1,548)
---------------
Socorro (2,442)
San Elizario (1,035)
---------------
Chapin (1,864)
Irvin (1,409)
---------------
Jefferson (1,783)
Bowie (1,394)
---------------
Andress (1,572)
Parkland (1,548)
---------------
El Paso High (1,442)
Austin (1,392)
---------------
Ysleta (1,396)
Riverside (1,158)
---------------
Mountain View (799)
Fabens (757)
Clint (667)
---------------
Canutillo (1,529)
Anthony (239)

Yes I know this topic has been discussed before within this forum over the years but I think it\'s important to resurrect this old topic as a refresher especially since players graduate every year and a new batch of varsity players, their parents and others become highly interested in El Paso, TX HS football. Yes I also know that Cathedral has won State but Cathedral is a private school not part of any District in El Paso and not knocking on Cathedral but Cathedral only has to win like 1 playoff game to get to a State Championship Game. What I\'m wanting to discuss here are teams from the school Districts in the El Paso area.
How about we build a super team? Grab all the best talents from the different parts of the city and make some super teams that will compete with out of town teams? Every year there will be tryouts to play on this super team. I think it would be a good idea because that means there is competition to not o my try and make the team but, to keep their spot on the team. That would make practices more intense, workouts more intense, kids will push harder, and then come gametime they'll be so jacked and ready to beat up on someone else they'd probably tear a new one in an out of town team. I agree with JUCO we have so many teams here in El Paso and so many kids with talent on separate teams and basically carrying that team on their own shoulders but, can only do so much with a limited amount of talent on that one team.
I don't know why you want to go to all the trouble of consolidating schools to field more successful football teams.. Just give the El Paso teams 12 to 13 players on the field while playing out of town teams. It would save money and keep the class sizes from growing too large. Maybe allow the El Paso teams to have all players in motion during the snap. I'm sure there are lots of other things that could be done to level the playing field......... I mean equalize the playing field.

While thought of combining schools is almost unrealistic, I can't help but imagine just how good and how deep the the combination of 2014 Franklin’s offense and 2014 Canutillo’s Defense could have been. I honestly think it could have been El Paso’s best chance at a shot of hoisting a state title.

Once again...in due time.

No, because then they would have had 6a numbers and had to play against much larger schools.

Which school do you coach at in Central Texas ?

Chaplin has defeated 2 out of town teams. Coach Walkers last year their. Big Spring and Hereford

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m