EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PRE DISTRICT SCHEDULING

With 4 districts in El Paso i feel pre district scheduling is even more important. As a matador fan I am wondering why are pre district schedule is so weak. We have the best wr and rb in the city. We should be scheduling any 6A team besides Socorro and Any team from the new 5A district as well. As well as some out of town teams. Any other schools that you guys feel that they need to upgrade their pre district scheduling?

Re: PRE DISTRICT SCHEDULING

I agree with you. With the Districts set up the way they are, there is no reason why pre-district games should not be tougher this year. Not sure what the philosophy at The Park is.

The park scheduled Socorro again this year for week 5
But to your topic I definitely thought the new alignment would’ve made things fun but I guess even during the season these coaches already have in mind who they want to play

The AD's talk to the coaches and ask them what kind of schedule they're looking at. The AD's from all the Districts get together in a room and hash things out. Coaches will email each other and try to set things up. Lots of moving parts. But if your team has an easy schedule its because your teams coach has informed the AD that they don't want a tough schedule.

If you look at the Schedule Del Valle and Eastwood have the Toughest Schedules they Both play Big Schools Away and Schedule 6A Schools Were Parkland and Andress Play Little Easy schedules

REALLY.,,,IF PARKLAND SCHEDULED ANYONE IN 6A BESIDES SOCORRO...THEY LOSE
NOOOOO WAY THE COACH IS DUMB ENOUGH TO DO THAT; ALSO IT WOULD EXPOSE THE STARS
ALL THE HYPE KILLED BEFORE DISTRICT
BOTTOM LINE
THEY DONT HAVE THE GUTS; JUST GO LOOK AT OTHER 5A TEAMS PRE-DISTRICT
THEN GO LOOK AT PARKLANDS
REAL TRUTH!

Cmon MAN
BOTTOM LINE
REAL TRUTH!
Franklin. Montwood, Coronado, El Dorado, and Americas scheduled out of town teams last season for their non district schedule WHAT GOOD DID THAT DO THEM in the playoffs? Nothing. They were eliminated right away. Just saying

Schedule a tough non district good for you. Don't schedule a tough non district good for you.

And no I'm not a Parkland fan I'm just a man who believes that non district schedules does not guarantee you better results in the regular season and playoffs.

Andress had Coranodo and Pebble hills in their pre district schedule last yr, and with losing chapin picked up even tougher games next. El Dorado, coranodo, CChapin and Friendship. Don't try to say that Andress predistrict schedule is always easy like Parklands.

Qbert
Cmon MAN
BOTTOM LINE
REAL TRUTH!
Franklin. Montwood, Coronado, El Dorado, and Americas scheduled out of town teams last season for their non district schedule WHAT GOOD DID THAT DO THEM in the playoffs? Nothing. They were eliminated right away. Just saying

Schedule a tough non district good for you. Don't schedule a tough non district good for you.

And no I'm not a Parkland fan I'm just a man who believes that non district schedules does not guarantee you better results in the regular season and playoffs.
2018/19 Montwood Rams Football :football: will be the real deal again. A complete package team. You heard it here.

Qbert
Cmon MAN
BOTTOM LINE
REAL TRUTH!

I agree with this point, ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't on the pre-district schedule. The wisdom behind a travel-heavy pre-district is that it will prepare them for the playoffs. However there's also wisdom in getting a team up to mid-season form gradually through a pre-district schedule with maybe one Lubbock team or whatever. It'll help build depth, and also minimize risk for injury. Rather than throwing the kids into the deep end of the pool with a road game against Permian, week 1.

East
Qbert
Cmon MAN
BOTTOM LINE
REAL TRUTH!

Schedule a tough non district good for you. Don\'t schedule a tough non district good for you.

And no I\'m not a Parkland fan I\'m just a man who believes that non district schedules does not guarantee you better results in the regular season and playoffs.
2018/19 Montwood Rams Football :football: will be the real deal again. A complete package team. You heard it here.
Montwood the real deal again? Complete package team?

What ever do you mean? Are you joking? Montwood didn't do anything in the playoffs last season. In all of Montwood's history they have never defeated 2 or more out of town teams in a Texas state playoffs season.

Explain yourself. How will Montwood be the real deal again and a complete package when they have not ever been.

East
Qbert
Cmon MAN
BOTTOM LINE
REAL TRUTH!

Schedule a tough non district good for you. Don\'t schedule a tough non district good for you.

And no I\'m not a Parkland fan I\'m just a man who believes that non district schedules does not guarantee you better results in the regular season and playoffs.
I would not sleep on Los Fresnos just saying you guys don't have Ty anymore and younger Fernandez is not his brother, although I am excited to see an EP school in the valley I will call it now LF will win in a shootout 48 - EP 35.

You must be from PHHS. People like you make El Paso Teams look bad before anything else. If you would say Montwood will WIN a close game instead of losing a close one. Your just a negative person, with no positive vision for El Paso Teams. But its okay. Good luck to all the players and coaches. May their dreams come true.

Los Fresnos is not the team they were last year either. I will not predict to outcome all I know we'll have a better offensive line and the defense will be much stronger. Jason Fernandez is not his brother but when he had his opportunity he played like a champ with the first team. The only thing that Los Fresnos may have over Montwood is they're not on a 14 hour bus ride...no excuses just fact. It'll be a fun game to watch.

RAM56
Los Fresnos is not the team they were last year either. I will not predict to outcome all I know we'll have a better offensive line and the defense will be much stronger. Jason Fernandez is not his brother but when he had his opportunity he played like a champ with the first team. The only thing that Los Fresnos may have over Montwood is they're not on a 14 hour bus ride...no excuses just fact. It'll be a fun game to watch.
That is true no team is ever the same than the year prior and yes it'll be a fun game to watch who knows I may go sit on the Montwood side if I attend the game as my son will be playing also at McAllen

EP to Brownsville
RAM56
Los Fresnos is not the team they were last year either. I will not predict to outcome all I know we\'ll have a better offensive line and the defense will be much stronger. Jason Fernandez is not his brother but when he had his opportunity he played like a champ with the first team. The only thing that Los Fresnos may have over Montwood is they\'re not on a 14 hour bus ride...no excuses just fact. It\'ll be a fun game to watch.
That is true no team is ever the same than the year prior and yes it'll be a fun game to watch who knows I may go sit on the Montwood side if I attend the game as my son will be playing also at McAllen
Good luck to your so this fall.

RAM56
EP to Brownsville
RAM56
Los Fresnos is not the team they were last year either. I will not predict to outcome all I know we\\\'ll have a better offensive line and the defense will be much stronger. Jason Fernandez is not his brother but when he had his opportunity he played like a champ with the first team. The only thing that Los Fresnos may have over Montwood is they\\\'re not on a 14 hour bus ride...no excuses just fact. It\\\'ll be a fun game to watch.
That is true no team is ever the same than the year prior and yes it\'ll be a fun game to watch who knows I may go sit on the Montwood side if I attend the game as my son will be playing also at McAllen
This Montwood Rams Senior crop have always been Champions since Middle School year. 3 year Letterman OL , Offense will lead by J. Fernandez a true leader. Defense will be lead by leading tackler starter LB E. Ramirez. Montwood will be the Team to Beat.

Rams
RAM56
EP to Brownsville
RAM56
Los Fresnos is not the team they were last year either. I will not predict to outcome all I know we\\\\\\\'ll have a better offensive line and the defense will be much stronger. Jason Fernandez is not his brother but when he had his opportunity he played like a champ with the first team. The only thing that Los Fresnos may have over Montwood is they\\\\\\\'re not on a 14 hour bus ride...no excuses just fact. It\\\\\\\'ll be a fun game to watch.
That is true no team is ever the same than the year prior and yes it\\\'ll be a fun game to watch who knows I may go sit on the Montwood side if I attend the game as my son will be playing also at McAllen
This Montwood Rams Senior crop have always been Champions since Middle School year. 3 year Letterman OL , Offense will lead by J. Fernandez a true leader. Defense will be lead by leading tackler starter LB E. Ramirez. Montwood will be the Team to Beat.
Overall what I am excited about is seeing to regions go at it who always struggle after the 2nd/3rd rounds for the Valley it's always the 3rd round (San Antonio Week) as for bi-district they play another valley school similar to what 5A does in EP.

Qbert
Cmon MAN
BOTTOM LINE
REAL TRUTH!

So you're saying that playing Del Valle Eastlake El Dorado Eastwood wouldn't help get Parkland ready for the playoffs? This is a team expected to at least reach the 3rd round of the playoffs. Head Coach is afraid to lose a game. Canutillo and Chapin are our only challenges. I'm not saying play Permian but we could at least play the best El Paso has to offer

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m