EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is 7 on 7 worth it

Our coach does 7on 7 till we are blue in the face, but will still have a bad season and players keep getting hurt . How much is enough , today I went to see Montwoods 7 on 7 they have Saturday’s at 5 it 530 but they had coaches in the field is not illegal , and last we we were in a 7 on 7 with 3 other team had about 5 injuries . I just don’t see the logic it doesn’t help out when the season rolls around and when we do qualify to state we are out on the first round . It would make more sense to work on other ways to help for the season. What do you all think

Re: Is 7 on 7 worth it

Hurt playa
Our coach does 7on 7 till we are blue in the face, but will still have a bad season and players keep getting hurt . How much is enough , today I went to see Montwoods 7 on 7 they have Saturday’s at 5 it 530 but they had coaches in the field is not illegal , and last we we were in a 7 on 7 with 3 other team had about 5 injuries . I just don’t see the logic it doesn’t help out when the season rolls around and when we do qualify to state we are out on the first round . It would make more sense to work on other ways to help for the season. What do you all think
Not all coaches are like that and 7on7 is not for everyone. 7on7 has its advantages and disadvantages. That's all I will say about 7on7 because this topic of 7on7 has been talked about so much over the years within this forum so much so to the point of causing everyone to turn blue in the face.

Juco
Hurt playa
Not all coaches are like that and 7on7 is not for everyone. 7on7 has its advantages and disadvantages. That's all I will say about 7on7 because this topic of 7on7 has been talked about so much over the years within this forum so much so to the point of causing everyone to turn blue in the face.
I think it's good for the skill positions to get some full speed work in without any contact. It does create a false sense of offensive potential if a team puts up a lot of points.

HOUNDS 93
Juco
Hurt playa
Not all coaches are like that and 7on7 is not for everyone. 7on7 has its advantages and disadvantages. That\'s all I will say about 7on7 because this topic of 7on7 has been talked about so much over the years within this forum so much so to the point of causing everyone to turn blue in the face.
I think it's good for the skill positions to get some full speed work in without any contact. It does create a false sense of offensive potential if a team puts up a lot of points.
I agree, all you get are stats no real look into what they will be like when they know they can get hit,,, I wouldn't put much value into the out come of games.

There are to many injuries and there to many rules broken with coches coaching just go to montwoods 7 on 7 on saturdays and you will see that

Let me debunk this argument really quick. 7 on 7 beneficial for the teams that stick to their in-season offensive playbook.

Let us look at the past 5 champions record the following year
D1 -Lake Travis - 13-3
D2 -Graham - 14-1
D1 -The Woodlands 15-1
D2 - Kaufman - 8-4
2015 -
D1 - Austin Westlake 14-2
D2 - Navasota - 12-1
D1 - Seven Lakes - 8-3
D2 - Graham - 12-3
D1 - Southlake - 11-2
D2 - Graham - 14-1

Winning the tournament does not guarantee a state championship whatsoever but numbers do not lie. If teams practiced their offenses, even if it is not 7 on 7 efficient, then they will be better prepared for in season play. However, if teams are having their kids learn new play calls all summer, just to learn another new set of play calls during camp, then the coach is doing something wrong.

Yeah you right. The only people I think 7 on 7 hurts is Linebackers because they drop straight into coverage which is not realistic. I think 7 on 7 should be modified to include RPO's

I agree
Yeah you right. The only people I think 7 on 7 hurts is Linebackers because they drop straight into coverage which is not realistic. I think 7 on 7 should be modified to include RPO's
Then your fastest linebacker would have to spell a running quarterback. The 4 second factor would be huge because of the mental play clock. A true option QB would kill it in 7/7.

Its absolutely worth it if you are running your schemes you run on Friday night.....if you are running stuff just to win in 7on7 then no..all its really doing is helping maybe w/staying in shape....

The results from teams who have success at State 7on7 and how that relates to regular season success is significant and the common theme is those teams almost always run their real football schemes

Anyone know the pool setup for tomorrow

High School football players should be going to college football camps to get noticed instead of playing touch football.

That would be great if every kid had the same agenda after high school, that simply isn't the case.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m