EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Potential D-1 Prospects out of El Paso, Texas

In my opinion these kids have both the talent, size, and grades

1. Americas- Aaron Dumas, rated as the #21 running back in his class (2021) in Texas. Will be the workhorse. He will definitely have the stats, looking for big things this year. A team USA player at his age group.

2. Gabe Stonewall- Many at Franklin believe he is the top receiver. At 6’2 this kid ha a knack for the ball and the end zone.

Who else do you think are potential D-1 prospects out of El Paso, Texas?

Re: Potential D-1 Prospects out of El Paso, Texas

Pebble Hills has some D 1 prospects. Caleb is not the only one.

Sparta
Pebble Hills has some D 1 prospects. Caleb is not the only one.
Pebble Hills? Are you being serious? Surely you must be joking, right?

Nope...not joking. Pebbles has lots of D1 talent.....

No Joke
Nope...not joking. Pebbles has lots of D1 talent.....
Either list the Pebble Hills players you say are potential division 1 prospects and if you don't list them you are not being serious and only joking around.

CORONADO'S GARRETT SLAUGHTER!!!!!

T-Birds#1
CORONADO'S GARRETT SLAUGHTER!!!!!
He is too small for D1. He does not have elite speed for D1. I can see him go D2 or JUCO then D1. If he is a hard enough worker then D1 is a possibility.

ThE KiNg
In my opinion these kids have both the talent, size, and grades

1. Americas- Aaron Dumas, rated as the #21 running back in his class (2021) in Texas. Will be the workhorse. He will definitely have the stats, looking for big things this year. A team USA player at his age group.

2. Gabe Stonewall- Many at Franklin believe he is the top receiver. At 6’2 this kid ha a knack for the ball and the end zone.

Who else do you think are potential D-1 prospects out of El Paso, Texas?
Aaron Dumas will be a Honorable Mention type of player for Americas this year, his hard work and going to camps and also being on Team USA, will payoff on the high school level........

He is bigger and stronger than Gerber, and runs the same 40 time. This year will tell a lot. I too think d-2 is a stronger possibility.

NEW DEAL
He is bigger and stronger than Gerber, and runs the same 40 time. This year will tell a lot. I too think d-2 is a stronger possibility.
Why do you have to compare a player that does not have a D-1 offer to a player that has a D-1 offer? What's the purpose to that?

You should compare a player with no D-1 offers to another player with no D-1 offers.

New Deal, you obviously are new. Nothing against the America’s kid but trust me, Gerber has succeeded at every level. This kid has been doing this since his youth days. Trust me, he’s never been the biggest but has always put on a show. Hope things go good for the Dumas too but you may be kidding. Let’s atleast wait until Dumas plays one varsity game to start comparing to these other boys who have proved a few things already.

You must be kidding
New Deal, you obviously are new. Nothing against the America’s kid but trust me, Gerber has succeeded at every level. This kid has been doing this since his youth days. Trust me, he’s never been the biggest but has always put on a show. Hope things go good for the Dumas too but you may be kidding. Let’s atleast wait until Dumas plays one varsity game to start comparing to these other boys who have proved a few things already.
Boys! I was speaking of Slaughter at Coronado. I know nothing of Dumas.

Pretty sure Slaughter is not as fast as Gerber

Both are 4.5 backs.

I've know Caleb Gerber since he was 8 years old, what he lacks in size is nothing compared to his heart. He plays bigger than he is and more then likly will repeat last year's numbers.

I lookef
Both are 4.5 backs.
Sorry, not buying it. Gerber is the king of speed. Slaughter might have him in size and strength but not speed. Why didn't Slaughter run track?

RAM56
I've know Caleb Gerber since he was 8 years old, what he lacks in size is nothing compared to his heart. He plays bigger than he is and more then likly will repeat last year's numbers.
My prediction is 2K yards and 20+ TD's

SPARTA
I lookef
Both are 4.5 backs.
Sorry, not buying it. Gerber is the king of speed. Slaughter might have him in size and strength but not speed. Why didn't Slaughter run track?
I dont know either back personally. I guess it all depends on how well the line plays. I watched both their hudl videos. Caleb looks good in open field. Slaughter appears to hav to run through a gauntlet. I like both kids a lot. I didnt know if either kid ran track. I dont watch track.

I'm curious as to why some of you are bringing up Caleb Gerber in this thread when this thread is titled Potential D-1 Prospects out of El Paso, Texas. Caleb does not belong in this conversation of Potential D-1 Prospects out of El Paso, Texas.

Caleb is in the category of Class of 2019 with Division 1 Offers.

There are El Paso players who are way better than the El Paso players who right now have division 1 offers and this is fact!!!!!

There are El Paso players who have no offers and no stars who are way better than those El Paso players who right now have division 1 offers and stars and this is fact!!!!!

SPARTA
RAM56
I\'ve know Caleb Gerber since he was 8 years old, what he lacks in size is nothing compared to his heart. He plays bigger than he is and more then likly will repeat last year\'s numbers.
My prediction is 2K yards and 20+ TD's
You say 2K yards, WHAT??? Tell me how many yards did he put up against ELDO last year, let me remind you 83 rushing yards below a 100 yards....:thinking_face:

1 2 3
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m