EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2018 Predictions on running the Gauntlet (District 1-5A)

This district has the most heavyweights and will provide the most fireworks week in and week out. All these contenders have good programs that are trying to continue that winning tradition. I can really see several of these teams making some noise come playoff time.

ThE KiNg's prediction for the 2018 season

#1 Del Valle- Has really established themselves as the front runner to defend their crown in 2018. They return several key pieces on offense and defense to include 1-5a co mvp’s Montez and Gardiner. QB Montez should be able to put up big numbers as he will have top receivers Gardiner, Cortez and Rendon. On the rushing attack there will be dual threat QB Montez along with Galindo that will contribute.Defense will be led by linebacker Perez and ball hawk Gardiner as well as Oropeza. They have the edge and fire power returning to make a deep playoff run. They should have a number of JV and freshmen players that could potentially make a big impact as both those units were successful in their respective seasons.

#2 Chapin -This Program hs been known to reload every year, however they do return key pieces to build around; utility player Mckeever. Running backs Silva and Cambra will complement that offense. On defense they return several key players to include linebackers Saenz and Rodriguez both young but experiences, DB Williams, DL McKnight, and (DI prospect) DT Levea. No doubt that this defense brings perhaps the most experience back from all the teams and will be a mainstay in a district with several explosive offenses.

#3 Eastwood- Coach Lopez and Company get a much needed break from 6a, but will see that this new 5a is no cake walk. Castenada will be at the helm and will have running back Rios and reciever Cruz to lead that offense. On defense they will rely on linebackers Murillo and Perez. It shall be seen in the spring who will help make up the rest of the puzzle to that high octane offense.

#4 Eastlake-The will look to build around a young nucleus. They will look at QB Kirtley and RB Donacio to lead the way. WR Donacio should emerge as threat as well. Pinero will anchor a young defense. If they can grow up quick they will be fine. Another team that usually reloads so look for some big names to emerge com Spring.

#4 El Dorado- They will not only fall from 6a, but will struggle to make the playoffs. For the first time in this coaching staffs tenure they will not have "Mr. Do it all" Cedarious. We will really look at what type of coaches they have at El Dorado. This program failed to develop young players at each level and now their true colors will show. They will rely on running back Davis, but will need to find a QB to throw to Gianni and Milian as quickly as possible. On defense will build around linebacker Gonzalez.

#6 Bel Air- They really have stepped up their game recently. The are just very unfortunate on the luck of the draw this time around with this new district coming together. Will definitely be a rebuilding year for Bel Air.

Overall MVP- Montez and Gardiner-Del Valle
Offensive- McKeever- Chapin
Co Defensive-McKnight-Chapin and Perez-Del Valle

Raymond Montez already has one D1 offer will he get more D1 attention like his brother Steven Montez? What type of stats will Raymond put up with those explosive receivers? How deep of a playoff run can they make?

What defense will be able to shutdown these high octane offenses? Chapin or Del Valle will take on that task?

How many teams can make it past the second round?

Hopefully this district produces more division 1 players along with memorable games.

Re: 2018 Predictions on running the Gauntlet (District 1-5A)

I don't agree with your prediction but I enjoyed reading it.

Here's my ranking on how this district will finish.

#1 Chapin Huskies
#2 Eastlake Falcons
#3 Del Valle Conquistadors
#4 El Dorado Aztecs
#5 Eastwood Troopers
#6 Bel Air Highlanders

Re: 2018 Predictions on running the Gauntlet (District 1-5A)

ThE KiNg
This district has the most heavyweights and will provide the most fireworks week in and week out. All these contenders have good programs that are trying to continue that winning tradition. I can really see several of these teams making some noise come playoff time.

ThE KiNg's prediction for the 2018 season

#1 Del Valle- Has really established themselves as the front runner to defend their crown in 2018. They return several key pieces on offense and defense to include 1-5a co mvp’s Montez and Gardiner. QB Montez should be able to put up big numbers as he will have top receivers Gardiner, Cortez and Rendon. On the rushing attack there will be dual threat QB Montez along with Galindo that will contribute.Defense will be led by linebacker Perez and ball hawk Gardiner as well as Oropeza. They have the edge and fire power returning to make a deep playoff run. They should have a number of JV and freshmen players that could potentially make a big impact as both those units were successful in their respective seasons.

#2 Chapin -This Program hs been known to reload every year, however they do return key pieces to build around; utility player Mckeever. Running backs Silva and Cambra will complement that offense. On defense they return several key players to include linebackers Saenz and Rodriguez both young but experiences, DB Williams, DL McKnight, and (DI prospect) DT Levea. No doubt that this defense brings perhaps the most experience back from all the teams and will be a mainstay in a district with several explosive offenses.

#3 Eastwood- Coach Lopez and Company get a much needed break from 6a, but will see that this new 5a is no cake walk. Castenada will be at the helm and will have running back Rios and reciever Cruz to lead that offense. On defense they will rely on linebackers Murillo and Perez. It shall be seen in the spring who will help make up the rest of the puzzle to that high octane offense.

#4 Eastlake-The will look to build around a young nucleus. They will look at QB Kirtley and RB Donacio to lead the way. WR Donacio should emerge as threat as well. Pinero will anchor a young defense. If they can grow up quick they will be fine. Another team that usually reloads so look for some big names to emerge com Spring.

#4 El Dorado- They will not only fall from 6a, but will struggle to make the playoffs. For the first time in this coaching staffs tenure they will not have "Mr. Do it all" Cedarious. We will really look at what type of coaches they have at El Dorado. This program failed to develop young players at each level and now their true colors will show. They will rely on running back Davis, but will need to find a QB to throw to Gianni and Milian as quickly as possible. On defense will build around linebacker Gonzalez.

#6 Bel Air- They really have stepped up their game recently. The are just very unfortunate on the luck of the draw this time around with this new district coming together. Will definitely be a rebuilding year for Bel Air.

Overall MVP- Montez and Gardiner-Del Valle
Offensive- McKeever- Chapin
Co Defensive-McKnight-Chapin and Perez-Del Valle

Raymond Montez already has one D1 offer will he get more D1 attention like his brother Steven Montez? What type of stats will Raymond put up with those explosive receivers? How deep of a playoff run can they make?

What defense will be able to shutdown these high octane offenses? Chapin or Del Valle will take on that task?

How many teams can make it past the second round?

Hopefully this district produces more division 1 players along with memorable games.
THE KING, WOW!!! I guess you been sleeping on your throne,and saying EL DORADO will struggle and not make the playoff PLEASE. First off they just got another dual-threat QB just move here, so they want miss a beat at the QB position. On top of that they have Seth the running back and also rumors has it that they have another running back that is just as good. They also have other receivers that move in from other states with speed... So if I had to give the edge to a school, that can win District in this new 5A, with all the added pieces, I WILL SAY ELDO, just my opinion

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m