EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TOP 3 Rushers in 5A and 6A

Caleb Gerber is the early favorite in 6A. Hankins is tops in 5A

Who are the next two best in each classification to watch out for?

Re: TOP 3 Rushers in 5A and 6A

Potential

Dumas , Slaughter, Jernigan
Silva, Rios, Davis

It is wide open. I mean Wide

Potential

I hate to bust your bubble, but I will eat crow all the way if I am wrong. The 6-A rushing title is up for grabs. Hankins should have the 5-A title. Gerber does not have the all Senior line from last year. This team is full circle. As Freshman vs Freshman in this town, The PH Hills players were average. Garrett Slaughter had 150 yards rushing plus two TD's as a Sophomore against the Spartans. as a Freshman , same story. two TD's. Last years senior class was an anomaly. Its back to reality this year. I love Gerber, and like his chances, but it isn't a given. Coronado has the best linebackers in the city hands down. It will be a battle for top honors. Caleb would tell you that too. Nothing is a given in this district.

5A- Hankins (Parkland), Mckeever(Chapin), Andress RB.

6A- Gerber(Pebble Hills), Taj (Franklin), Americas RB, Slaughter (Coronado)

Heard 1-5A's leading Rusher Dorian Lewis is headed to New Mexico for his junior year... .

POFC5

Caleb Gerber (Spartans) is a pretty runner behind a powewrful line. He is the man to beat. Crenshaw (Franklin) will have a bigger year in rushing yards. Slaughter (Coronado) may be the surprise of the year. A lot of speed and power from these boys.

Deion Hankins is in a league all of his own. everyone else is fighting for second.

TATER
POFC5

Caleb Gerber (Spartans) is a pretty runner behind a powewrful line. He is the man to beat. Crenshaw (Franklin) will have a bigger year in rushing yards. Slaughter (Coronado) may be the surprise of the year. A lot of speed and power from these boys.

Deion Hankins is in a league all of his own. everyone else is fighting for second.
Gerber is an awesome athlete, but he lost his O-Line. Don't think he can carry the Team. Good luck to Gerber.

FUR REAL
Potential

I hate to bust your bubble, but I will eat crow all the way if I am wrong. The 6-A rushing title is up for grabs. Hankins should have the 5-A title. Gerber does not have the all Senior line from last year. This team is full circle. As Freshman vs Freshman in this town, The PH Hills players were average. Garrett Slaughter had 150 yards rushing plus two TD's as a Sophomore against the Spartans. as a Freshman , same story. two TD's. Last years senior class was an anomaly. Its back to reality this year. I love Gerber, and like his chances, but it isn't a given. Coronado has the best linebackers in the city hands down. It will be a battle for top honors. Caleb would tell you that too. Nothing is a given in this district.
Being Honest, Pebble with Senior Stack OL and Gerber, still could not beat Montwood and El Dorado last year. Pebble will not be a contender this year. Not until Pebble can win a District Title then they can say they earned the Respect. Till then, Montwood is the Defending Back to Back Co-Champions.

Football
FUR REAL
Potential

I hate to bust your bubble, but I will eat crow all the way if I am wrong. The 6-A rushing title is up for grabs. Hankins should have the 5-A title. Gerber does not have the all Senior line from last year. This team is full circle. As Freshman vs Freshman in this town, The PH Hills players were average. Garrett Slaughter had 150 yards rushing plus two TD\'s as a Sophomore against the Spartans. as a Freshman , same story. two TD\'s. Last years senior class was an anomaly. Its back to reality this year. I love Gerber, and like his chances, but it isn\'t a given. Coronado has the best linebackers in the city hands down. It will be a battle for top honors. Caleb would tell you that too. Nothing is a given in this district.
Being Honest, Pebble with Senior Stack OL and Gerber, still could not beat Montwood and El Dorado last year. Pebble will not be a contender this year. Not until Pebble can win a District Title then they can say they earned the Respect. Till then, Montwood is the Defending Back to Back Co-Champions.
Well that's a pretty ridiculous statement. Nothing can take away titles from Montwood or Eldo, but if you have the chips, then you're a contender. August begins a new season and past champion doesn't matter. Nobody cared that Americas was co-district and bi-strict champ the year before last. Everyone just stomped on them. I suspect 1-6A will be competitive this year with a new champion probably hailing from the Westside.

FCGriffins
Football
FUR REAL
Potential

I hate to bust your bubble, but I will eat crow all the way if I am wrong. The 6-A rushing title is up for grabs. Hankins should have the 5-A title. Gerber does not have the all Senior line from last year. This team is full circle. As Freshman vs Freshman in this town, The PH Hills players were average. Garrett Slaughter had 150 yards rushing plus two TD\\\'s as a Sophomore against the Spartans. as a Freshman , same story. two TD\\\'s. Last years senior class was an anomaly. Its back to reality this year. I love Gerber, and like his chances, but it isn\\\'t a given. Coronado has the best linebackers in the city hands down. It will be a battle for top honors. Caleb would tell you that too. Nothing is a given in this district.
Well that's a pretty ridiculous statement. Nothing can take away titles from Montwood or Eldo, but if you have the chips, then you're a contender. August begins a new season and past champion doesn't matter. Nobody cared that Americas was co-district and bi-strict champ the year before last. Everyone just stomped on them. I suspect 1-6A will be competitive this year with a new champion probably hailing from the Westside.
Good Luck to the west but the 6A Title will stay in the East. Montwood or Pebble.

I now have to agree that Jack Niland coming back to Coronado brings some credence to Garrett Slaughter being the dark horse of the 2018 season.

Tell Tale
I now have to agree that Jack Niland coming back to Coronado brings some credence to Garrett Slaughter being the dark horse of the 2018 season.
Now Garrett Slaughter can make a name for himself credit Jack Niland

Tell Tale
Am I the only one here not impressed with this kid? I need to see him play but I question his athleticism just by his looks. Definitely has size but can he move? Not sure if his hudl is updated but it shows he runs a 6.4 40 and bench is 215.

Dr. Bruce Ivin
Tell Tale
Am I the only one here not impressed with this kid? I need to see him play but I question his athleticism just by his looks. Definitely has size but can he move? Not sure if his hudl is updated but it shows he runs a 6.4 40 and bench is 215.
Looks like Tate Jernigan has decided to spend his Senior year playing ball in Houston. Is Taj big enough to be a feature back? Folks , this district is up for grabs.

DUDE
Dr. Bruce Ivin
Tell Tale
Looks like Tate Jernigan has decided to spend his Senior year playing ball in Houston. Is Taj big enough to be a feature back? Folks , this district is up for grabs.
Who is slated to be the starting RB for Franklin now, with the loss of Taj?

Disregard. Tate Jernigan has departed leaving Taj Crenshaw as the starter.

Dr. Bruce Ivin
Tell Tale
Slaughter is a good running back. I have watched him since pee wee. I hope Niland helps. When he was last at Coronado, he was just in the way. a 200 pound bench is way weak. time will tell. Coronado needs a decent line. badly.

Top rusher in 6A-1 Dumas 2201, Gerber 1455, Slaughter 866- Crenshaw only played 4 games???
Top rusher in 5A-1 Cambre 1169, Rios 1137, Mckeever 956
Top rusher in 5A-2 Hankins 1846, Quijas 1404, Amato 1300

Overall:
Dumas
Hankins
Gerber
Quijas
Amato
Cambre
Rios

Football
FCGriffins
Football
FUR REAL
Potential

I hate to bust your bubble, but I will eat crow all the way if I am wrong. The 6-A rushing title is up for grabs. Hankins should have the 5-A title. Gerber does not have the all Senior line from last year. This team is full circle. As Freshman vs Freshman in this town, The PH Hills players were average. Garrett Slaughter had 150 yards rushing plus two TD\\\\\\\'s as a Sophomore against the Spartans. as a Freshman , same story. two TD\\\\\\\'s. Last years senior class was an anomaly. Its back to reality this year. I love Gerber, and like his chances, but it isn\\\\\\\'t a given. Coronado has the best linebackers in the city hands down. It will be a battle for top honors. Caleb would tell you that too. Nothing is a given in this district.
Well that\'s a pretty ridiculous statement. Nothing can take away titles from Montwood or Eldo, but if you have the chips, then you\'re a contender. August begins a new season and past champion doesn\'t matter. Nobody cared that Americas was co-district and bi-strict champ the year before last. Everyone just stomped on them. I suspect 1-6A will be competitive this year with a new champion probably hailing from the Westside.
Good Luck to the west but the 6A Title will stay in the East. Montwood or Pebble.
Guess you were wrong it was neither PH or MW west’side took control!

Some of those stats you mention have not been updated for the final game. Should we also take into consideration receiving yards. RB has become a more dynamic position and requires more skill then just rushing. I would say top 5 in Alcott is as follows.

1) Hankins
2) Dumas
3) Gerber
4) Cambra
5) Tird between Horizon RB and Canutillo RB

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m