EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WTH? Say it's not so EPG!!!

What the hell? I just read this on EP Gridiron's home page

*ATTENTION: Beginning this upcoming 2018 season we, EP GRIDIRON, will stop promoting and highlighting El Paso, Texas High School Football. (2004 - 2017)

Anyone know the reason why???

Re: WTH? Say it's not so EPG!!!

Man this is terrible news. EP Gridiron is important to El Paso high school football in so many ways and whoever does not think so is a fool. EP Gridiron has been doing a incredible job at getting everyone all excited leading up to regular seasons and keeps everyone excited during the regular seasons. In my opinion school districts are going to feel the absence of EP Gridiron in the future in ticket sales. EP Gridiron also does alot during the off seasons for varsity players. I honestly think that future skilled varsity players who have the potential to play division 1 football will be the main ones who will hurt with EP Gridiron's absence because of all the division 1 college coaches that follow EP Gridiron on their twitter page.

EPG has more collegiate coaches from D-1 and D-2 programs following them on Twitter than most popular recruiting scout sites Twitter pages. EPG will be greatly missed and props to them for all they did for high school football in El Paso all these years. I believe like for 14 or 15 years. As some say all great things come to an end.

Eastsider

*ATTENTION: Beginning this upcoming 2018 season we, EP GRIDIRON, will stop promoting and highlighting El Paso, Texas High School Football. (2004 - 2017)

Eastsider the person that owns EP Gridiron posted something about it on his facebook page. Something that his vision materialized and goes on thanking a lot of people.

Sure wish EP Gridiron would have continued because my Matadors are going to State this season.

Juco
EPG has more collegiate coaches from D-1 and D-2 programs following them on Twitter than most popular recruiting scout sites Twitter pages. EPG will be greatly missed and props to them for all they did for high school football in El Paso all these years. I believe like for 14 or 15 years. As some say all great things come to an end.
Juco I've noticed a bunch of those high school scout and recruiting twitter accounts that have upwards of 10,000 to 15,000 followers but they do not have any college coaches following them or only have like 30 or 40 college coaches following them and all the rest are high schoolers and regular people following them. EPGridiron has like 250 college coaches following them on their twitter. So yeah Juco I agree with you EPGridiron will be missed. Juco by any chance would you happen to know when EPGridiron will be taking down their website, this message board and their social media accounts?

UpperValley
Man this is terrible news. EP Gridiron is important to El Paso high school football in so many ways and whoever does not think so is a fool. EP Gridiron has been doing a incredible job at getting everyone all excited leading up to regular seasons and keeps everyone excited during the regular seasons. In my opinion school districts are going to feel the absence of EP Gridiron in the future in ticket sales. EP Gridiron also does alot during the off seasons for varsity players. I honestly think that future skilled varsity players who have the potential to play division 1 football will be the main ones who will hurt with EP Gridiron's absence because of all the division 1 college coaches that follow EP Gridiron on their twitter page.
Absolutely the absence of EPG will have some type of negative impact in all kinds of ways. For example all we have to do is look at what is happening right now. Since like the end of last season and for months this off-season EPG has been exposing certain local football studs to collegiate coaches on their twitter page and most all those local studs EPG has been giving exposure to have already received official offers from either D-1, D-2 or D-3 programs and with the football season almost here local El Paso sports directors and others who cover El Paso high school football will have great content on local studs with college offers to talk about and write about thanks to EPG. It's obvious EPG not only covered El Paso high school football but they created stuff basically out of nothing that did not exist before so that local sports directors and others can have something to talk about and write about as the season gets closer. When EPG is gone for good their absence UpperValley as you put it will have some type of negative impact that's for sure because my thought is who is going to do what EPG has been doing during the off-seasons in the years to come?

Danny
Juco
Juco I've noticed a bunch of those high school scout and recruiting twitter accounts that have upwards of 10,000 to 15,000 followers but they do not have any college coaches following them or only have like 30 or 40 college coaches following them and all the rest are high schoolers and regular people following them. EPGridiron has like 250 college coaches following them on their twitter. So yeah Juco I agree with you EPGridiron will be missed. Juco by any chance would you happen to know when EPGridiron will be taking down their website, this message board and their social media accounts?
Danny I don't know. My guess would be any day this month of July.

Personally what I will miss most about EP Gridiron are their preseason power ratings and rankings. They were consistently accurate.

Eastsider

Eastsider here are the 2 facebook posts from the owner of EP Gridiron that has to do with this topic.

Now obviously some of you were not aware while most of you already knew that last season, 2017, was EP GRIDIRON's final season in Promoting and Highlighting El Paso, Texas High School Football.

I would like to thank all of you that have supported EP GRIDIRON over the years. All of you, through your support towards EP GRIDIRON, helped change the way people negatively viewed El Paso, Texas High School Football but most importantly helped prove to all that there is definitely talent in the 915.

I would like to apologize to those of you coaches, parents and players who feel did not receive adequate love from EP GRIDIRON. All I can say to those of you is this; EP GRIDIRON did the best it could with the support it was receiving and the resources it had to work with.

And so, beginning this upcoming 2018 season, EP GRIDIRON will stop Promoting and Highlighting El Paso, Texas High School Football.

Thank you, Love you All!

*Special Thanks to all the photographers who generously contributed to EP GRIDIRON in huge ways and small ways over the years:

- David Lord
- Carlos Ortiz
- Lewis Venecia
- Matt Metz
- Jamey Olmstead
- Andres Acosta
- Chad Puerling
- Matthew B Leon
- Amy Thompson
- Kathy Sievek
- Michaela Román
- Orlando Sapien
- Jorge Salgado

*Also Special Thanks to all videographers who so generously contributed to EP GRIDIRON in miraculous of ways over the years:

- Ben Gonzalez
- Tony Gonzalez
- Adrian Gonzalez
- Refugio Gonzalez
- Mike Medina
- Josh Solorza
- Ruben Solis

Thank You!
EP GRIDIRON
Owner & Founder
Victor Gonzalez
www.epgridiron.com

Through EP GRIDIRON I met so many wonderful and supportive people, since 2004, such as; Booster Club Members and Parents who hired EP GRIDIRON to do work for them from creating memorable "keepsake" DVD's, college recruiting services for potential scholarship offers, posters, t-shirt designs, etc... I will always be grateful to all who called upon EP GRIDIRON to serve over the years. It was a pleasure!

It always gave me gridiron goosebumps when I witnessed or heard that Booster Clubs and others displayed our gridiron work at their Banquets and other events/places. For example, here are a couple of video clips that I will share. EP GRIDIRON work (DVD's, T-Shirt Designs, Posters) was done for Canutillo Booster Club for their 2014 Historic Season (Thank you CHS Booster Members Denise Gomez, Noe Vargas, Jamey Olmstead and others) and Franklin using EP GRIDIRON footage to test the installation of their new video display scoreboard (Thank you Louie Garcia and Hatch bro's).

Reaching out, communicating, with College Coaches via texts, emails, and twitter DM's and putting EP talents in their faces, minds, etc...for potential scholarship offers I loved/enjoyed doing very much through EP GRIDIRON.

Thanks to all those College Coaches who gave of their time to EP GRIDIRON and Thanks to all Booster Clubs and Parents who hired and supported EP GRIDIRON over the years since 2004.

Thanks to SISD, EPISD, and YISD for allowing EP GRIDIRON into their Stadiums to Promote and Highlight El Paso, Texas High School Football. Appreciate the wonderful, friendly, hospitality towards me and my staff.

Thanks to the Officials 'Refs' for their understanding of what EP GRIDIRON was "doing". Their understanding of this, over the years since 2004, allowed EP GRIDIRON to focus on its purpose, its mission.

Thanks to all those in the press boxes for being so friendly to me and my staff and especially those who provided drinks & eats, during halftime, for me and my staff.

Special Thanks to you, the EP GRIDIRON Fans, for without you my vision would have never materialized and boy did it materialize and then some.

Without question, I, through EP GRIDIRON will miss serving you all.

Thank You!
EP GRIDIRON
Owner & Founder
Victor Gonzalez
www.epgridiron.com

He has a video at the end of this post but I couldn't figure out how to post it on here.

You know MHS_Rams in reading that I think the vision of the owner of EP Gridiron was probably to see a lot of people young and old promoting and highlighting El Paso, TX high school football. I say this because ever since I first began visiting this website years ago around 2005 EP Gridiron would always post as their slogan 'Promoting and Highlighting El Paso, Texas High School Football since 2004'. They posted that a lot practically everywhere. I remember back then in the early years of EP Gridiron some local El Pasoans and some outsiders would come in this forum making fun of EP Gridiron and El Paso, Texas high school football. A lot has changed since back then for the better. Anyways the owner of EP Gridiron probably likes what he has been seeing for the past couple of years and lately and like I said before with a lot of people young and old promoting and highlighting El Paso, TX high school football now he probably sees it as the perfect time to end EP Gridiron.

This is how I see the owner of EP Gridiron making his exit with his vision materialized.

If I wanted to I could easily write a book on what EP Gridiron did to El Paso, TX high school football and it would be filled with truth from the first word to the final word.

The owner of EP Gridiron before he ventured on this endeavor years ago more than likely realized and recognized that the culture surrounding El Paso, TX high school football was in need of transforming and he took action. Just reread his facebook post and I quote him "change the way people negatively viewed El Paso, Texas High School Football but most importantly helped prove to all that there is definitely talent in the 915". That quote by the owner of EP Gridiron speaks volumes it's full of truth.

El Paso high school football was the laughing stock of Texas mainly by out of towners but sadly also by local El Pasoans. Before EP Gridiron many wouldn't give El Paso high school football squads a chance against out of town opponents during preseason and in the playoffs but many people do now. Also before EP Gridiron many thought there was in no way 2 or more Division 1 caliber players in the city of El Paso to sign every year but since EP Gridiron's inception 2 or more local players have been signing with Division 1 programs every year and this is the truth.

Like I said I can write a book on all this and even mention that all El Paso, TX high schools have turf fields today and many of us are now interested in El Paso, TX high school football more than ever before and this is the truth.

Bottomline is this before EP Gridiron many El Pasoans and out of towners were comfortable with the culture surrounding El Paso, TX high school football. That culture has been transformed and that is the truth.

All hands on deck!!!

What can we do to prevent this? It's obvious all onboard will miss EPG and I your very handsome Captain as well.

Juco
UpperValley
Absolutely the absence of EPG will have some type of negative impact in all kinds of ways. For example all we have to do is look at what is happening right now. Since like the end of last season and for months this off-season EPG has been exposing certain local football studs to collegiate coaches on their twitter page and most all those local studs EPG has been giving exposure to have already received official offers from either D-1, D-2 or D-3 programs and with the football season almost here local El Paso sports directors and others who cover El Paso high school football will have great content on local studs with college offers to talk about and write about thanks to EPG. It's obvious EPG not only covered El Paso high school football but they created stuff basically out of nothing that did not exist before so that local sports directors and others can have something to talk about and write about as the season gets closer. When EPG is gone for good their absence UpperValley as you put it will have some type of negative impact that's for sure because my thought is who is going to do what EPG has been doing during the off-seasons in the years to come?
Juco I believe you hit the nail on the head with that last comment of your's """who is going to do what EPG has been doing during the off-seasons in the years to come?"""

Qbert
You know MHS_Rams in reading that I think the vision of the owner of EP Gridiron was probably to see a lot of people young and old promoting and highlighting El Paso, TX high school football. I say this because ever since I first began visiting this website years ago around 2005 EP Gridiron would always post as their slogan 'Promoting and Highlighting El Paso, Texas High School Football since 2004'. They posted that a lot practically everywhere. I remember back then in the early years of EP Gridiron some local El Pasoans and some outsiders would come in this forum making fun of EP Gridiron and El Paso, Texas high school football. A lot has changed since back then for the better. Anyways the owner of EP Gridiron probably likes what he has been seeing for the past couple of years and lately and like I said before with a lot of people young and old promoting and highlighting El Paso, TX high school football now he probably sees it as the perfect time to end EP Gridiron.

This is how I see the owner of EP Gridiron making his exit with his vision materialized.

I agree. Today everyone and their grandmothers are promoting El Paso high school football thanks to EPG. As TheTruth stated the culture surrounding El Paso high school football has been transformed.

EP Gridiron was special and High Schools in the city of El Paso were fortunate to have them for so long. As for me I will miss EP Gridiron's videos. While anyone can press a button on a camera not just anyone can record the real essence of the game and showcase the skills of the players as EP Gridiron did. EP Gridiron showcased the players skills in a way that I just cannot put into words simply to say amazing. I like several of EP Gridiron's videos but this by far is my favorite.

TheTruth
If I wanted to I could easily write a book on what EP Gridiron did to El Paso, TX high school football and it would be filled with truth from the first word to the final word.

The owner of EP Gridiron before he ventured on this endeavor years ago more than likely realized and recognized that the culture surrounding El Paso, TX high school football was in need of transforming and he took action. Just reread his facebook post and I quote him "change the way people negatively viewed El Paso, Texas High School Football but most importantly helped prove to all that there is definitely talent in the 915". That quote by the owner of EP Gridiron speaks volumes it's full of truth.

El Paso high school football was the laughing stock of Texas mainly by out of towners but sadly also by local El Pasoans. Before EP Gridiron many wouldn't give El Paso high school football squads a chance against out of town opponents during preseason and in the playoffs but many people do now. Also before EP Gridiron many thought there was in no way 2 or more Division 1 caliber players in the city of El Paso to sign every year but since EP Gridiron's inception 2 or more local players have been signing with Division 1 programs every year and this is the truth.

Like I said I can write a book on all this and even mention that all El Paso, TX high schools have turf fields today and many of us are now interested in El Paso, TX high school football more than ever before and this is the truth.

Bottomline is this before EP Gridiron many El Pasoans and out of towners were comfortable with the culture surrounding El Paso, TX high school football. That culture has been transformed and that is the truth.
TheTruth not only turf fields but video boards. Yes culture has been transformed!

Video board going up at Hanks high school and will be at other local El Paso area high schools.

https://twitter.com/PatONeill1949/status/1018241233263779840

Juco
UpperValley
Respect EPG college coaches do a lot. EPG ending will be great loss for varsity football in El Paso it shall suffer but much has been gained and learned. Remember end is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Appreciate them must you do but mourn them do not and miss them do not for attachment leads to jealously and the dark side.

EP Gridiron is a highly valuable asset that everything associated with El Paso, TX high school football will be losing.

AHSDad
EP Gridiron was special and High Schools in the city of El Paso were fortunate to have them for so long. As for me I will miss EP Gridiron\\\'s videos. While anyone can press a button on a camera not just anyone can record the real essence of the game and showcase the skills of the players as EP Gridiron did. EP Gridiron showcased the players skills in a way that I just cannot put into words simply to say amazing. I like several of EP Gridiron\\\'s videos but this by far is my favorite.

AHSDad these are some of my favorites

EPG will be missed that is for sure.

Go Rams!!!

IGWT
EP Gridiron is a highly valuable asset that everything associated with El Paso, TX high school football will be losing.
You're absolutely 100% correct IGWT. Huge loss for high school football in El Paso.

As some have said within this message board thread EPG has well over 200 college coaches as Followers to their Twitter account. This fact alone is worth much in Gold.

Devin Houx a former Franklin high school student athlete just posted this on his facebook about EP Gridiron

"I heard EP Gridiron is closing up shop after 14 years of covering high school football in the borderland. In a city that never got any interest from colleges, EP Gridiron helped market our talent to schools ranging from Jucos to D1 programs. I know they played a big part in me getting looks, a scholarship, but most importantly a degree from the Air Force Academy. To that I say with the utmost sincerity, thank you EP GRIDIRON. Hopefully you can find someone to pass the torch to. Our young men need the exposure you helped create."

Makes me wonder how many other former and active players are posting stuff like this on the internet or talking about it to people out there.

ep gridiron does this every year, it drives traffic to their website. they are not the reason kids are good players. good players get recruited with or with out ep gridiron.

hf
ep gridiron does this every year, it drives traffic to their website. they are not the reason kids are good players. good players get recruited with or with out ep gridiron.
Drive traffic to their website??? You know how dumb that sounds. EP Gridiron does not even have advertisements or google ads or whatever in this forum or on their website. Think before you post nonsense.

Westsider
Devin Houx a former Franklin high school student athlete just posted this on his facebook about EP Gridiron

"I heard EP Gridiron is closing up shop after 14 years of covering high school football in the borderland. In a city that never got any interest from colleges, EP Gridiron helped market our talent to schools ranging from Jucos to D1 programs. I know they played a big part in me getting looks, a scholarship, but most importantly a degree from the Air Force Academy. To that I say with the utmost sincerity, thank you EP GRIDIRON. Hopefully you can find someone to pass the torch to. Our young men need the exposure you helped create."

Makes me wonder how many other former and active players are posting stuff like this on the internet or talking about it to people out there.
Westsider I'm positive others are talking about EPG and what they have done. It's actually nice to see. EPG deserves the props.

As I said before sure wish EP Gridiron would have continued because my Matadors are going to State this season.

Qbert
Personally what I will miss most about EP Gridiron are their preseason power ratings and rankings. They were consistently accurate.
EP Gridiron would probably have had my Matadors as Preseason rank #1 with a Power rating of 1,000

My Matadors are going to State this season.

BeastofNE
Qbert
EP Gridiron would probably have had my Matadors as Preseason rank #1 with a Power rating of 1,000

My Matadors are going to State this season.
Parkland preseason #1 maybe but don't know about the 1,000 rating LOL

BeastofNE
hf
Drive traffic to their website??? You know how dumb that sounds. EP Gridiron does not even have advertisements or google ads or whatever in this forum or on their website. Think before you post nonsense.
I agree with you Beast that drive traffic to their website comment was dumb.

I used to coach youth football and I know of many kids who were inspired and motivated by the presence of EPG. Kids would yell things to me like "Coach one day you will see me on EP Gridiron!!!!!".

Also during some visits to my friends homes I have seen their kid and his little buddies watching EPG videos on youtube. Inspiration and motivation can come from anywhere not only from football coaches and relatives. Some are even inspired and motivated by teachers, music, movies, and even a simple cup of coffee or staring out into the ocean or at the stars in the night sky.

Just think EPG has been around for many years so the kids back then who were in youth football are playing for a El Paso, TX high school football team today with all that inspiration and motivation built up inside. EPG's presence inspired and motivated kids so yes one can say EPG is part of the reason why some players are playing harder and some players are being recruited and some getting offers today. Don't forget the nearly 250 college coaches that are Followers of EPG's twitter page this has a lot to do with some players getting recruited and getting offers and some players being inspired and motivated today.

Eastsider

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m