EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
2018 El Paso, Texas HS Football Rankings

Bummed that EP Gridiron did not put their preseason rankings for this season? Don't be your Uncle Rico has you covered!

UNCLE RICO'S 2018 PRESEASON TOP 10 RANKINGS

#1 Chapin Huskies
#2 Andress Eagles
#3 Coronado Thunderbirds
#4 Franklin Cougars
#5 Del Valle Conquistadors
#6 Parkland Matadors
#7 Americas Trailblazers
#8 Eastlake Falcons
#9 Montwood Rams
#10 Pebble Hills

Yesterday I emailed EP Gridiron asking for a forum password and also asked if they are leaving this forum up for this season. They sent me a password but did not answer my question about the forum. I presume with them sending me my password that it will be. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Anyways if the forum does stay up I'm going to try to do what EP Gridiron did for years with their rankings. When the season starts I'm going to update my Top 10 rankings every Saturday or Sunday.

If anyone disagrees with my preseason top 10 rankings or my future updated rankings that's just fine by me and please be my guest to post your preseason top 10 and update them every Saturday or Sunday as I will be doing so that we can compare and contrast. Oh and how much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains? Yeah f Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Re: 2018 El Paso, Texas HS Football Rankings

Uncle Rico allow me to show you what a Top 10 Pre-Season really looks like

1 Franklin

2 Andress

3 Chapin

4 Parkland

5 Montwood

6 Del Valle

7 Eastlake

8 Canutillo

9 Coronado

10 Burges

Westsider I like your #1 Preseason pick Franklin. Here are my Preseason picks.

# 1 Franklin
# 2 Chapin
# 3 Parkland
# 4 Del Valle
# 5 Andress
# 6 Coronado
# 7 Eastlake
# 8 Montwood
# 9 Canutillo
# 10 Americas

Montwood preseason #1 all the way and the rest of the El Paso teams come after no matter in what order.

Qbert's 10

#1 Chapin
#2 Parkland
#3 Andress
#4 Coronado
#5 Del Valle
#6 Franklin
#7 Canutillo
#8 Montwood
#9 Burges
#10 Eastlake

Here are my Preseason Rankings. It's how I see the El Paso teams finishing when the 2018 season is all said and done.

No. 1 Chapin
No. 2 Andress
No. 3 Franklin
No. 4 Parkland
No. 5 Coronado
No. 6 Eastlake
No. 7 Montwood
No. 8 Del Valle
No. 9 Burges
No. 10 Ysleta

Ah come on dudes. All of you don't know anything.
Parkland should be everyone's preseason #1 top pick. The Texas high school coaches association ranked Parkland #1.

PARKLAND #1

BeastofNE sorry but the THSCA is not viewed by everyone as the reliable and credible source when it comes to rankings and besides BeastofNE they ranked Parkland #1 in only Class 5A Division 2 Region 1 they did not rank Parkland #1 in the entire State of Texas or the entire city of El Paso. These preseason rankings usually are voted on by some coaches and they usually go by what happened last season. BeastofNE last year was last year. Parkland lost great defensive players and their great QB.

THSCA preseason ranked Parkland #1 only in Class 5A Division 2 Region 1
http://www.theathleticsdepartment.com/football/poll/coaches/?yr=2018&clas=2
http://realignment.uiltexas.org/alignments/2018/5AD2FB.pdf

As you can clearly see THSCA has Parkland above only these El Paso area teams Canutillo, Horizon, Hanks, Riverside, Ysleta, El Paso High, Andress, Austin, Bowie, Burges, Irvin, and Jefferson who are in Class 5A Division 2 Region 1.

Once again here are my Preseason Rankings and it's how I see the El Paso teams finishing when the 2018 season is all said and done.

No. 1 Chapin
No. 2 Andress
No. 3 Franklin
No. 4 Parkland
No. 5 Coronado
No. 6 Eastlake
No. 7 Montwood
No. 8 Del Valle
No. 9 Burges
No. 10 Ysleta

You people ranking Franklin that high are off your rockers. Coronado gonna surprise in a mega kinda of way this season.

My Top 4 that will WIN their District ~ #1 Coronado #2 Parkland #3 Chapin #4 Andress

1. Chapin
2. Coronado
3. Andress
4. Parkland
5. Del Valle
6. Americas
7. Eastlake
8. Franklin
9. Canutillo
10. Montwood

I just posted on the WTH EPG thread that EP Gridiron not doing El Paso, TX football is already having a negative impact because by this time every year they would be doing a lot on the new season coming up such as uploading video highlights and photos of which players to watch. I also said that their power ratings and rankings would be up by this time. Then here I come to find a thread started by Uncle Rico with preseason predictions nice!!! We don't have EP Gridiron's preseason ratings and rankings to put side by side to our predictions and critic all of them but that's ok atleast we have something to get our excitement up for a new season. Something is better than nothing. Anyways my preseason predictions are Montwood #1 ofcourse. Parkland #2 just because of Deion Hankins. Andress #3 because they are in a weak district. Del Valle #4 but I can see Chapin beating Del Valle so I will rank Chapin #5 just in case they do. I really think Americas #6 is a sleeper and I can see them beating all 1-6A El Paso teams except ofcourse Montwood. Eastlake #7 they have great coaching and will keep their not so skilled players in the games and might upset either Del Valle or Chapin. A lot of you like Franklin me well I put them at #8. We are going to learn a lot from Burges when they play Parkland and if Burges somehow upsets Parkland things are going to get crazy in this city and especially in this forum so I will put Burges at #9 just in case crazy happens. At #10 I will put both Ysleta and Canutillo. Good luck everyone on your preseason predictions!!!

Franklin #1? Westsider and Edgar we're not ranking cheerleader squads here. The ranking of varsity football squads is what this thread is about. Oh and I kid you not back in '82, I used to be able to toss a pigskin a quarter of a mile.

#1 Parkland
#2 Montwood
#3 Del Valle
#4 Chapin
#5 Franklin
#6 Eastlake
#7 Andress
#8 Coronado
#9 Burges
#10 Americas

OMG noone giving any respect to Del Valle!!!!! Del Valle should be everyones #1 or atleast #2.

Del Valle DC 2018!!!!! OFOD!!!!!

#1 PARKLAND
#2 MONTWOOD
#3 DEL VALLE
#4 CHAPIN
#5 FRANKLIN
#6 ANDRESS
#7 CORONADO
#8 EASTLAKE
#9 AMERICAS
#10 BURGES

Top 3 Chapin, Coronado, and Andress

I love it! Everyone sleeping on my Spartans. Apparently no one learned their lesson from last year. And not just the Spartans, it seems 6A in general is getting some disrespect.

BeastofNE
Ah come on dudes. All of you don't know anything.
Parkland should be everyone's preseason #1 top pick. The Texas high school coaches association ranked Parkland #1.

PARKLAND #1
BeastofNE that is ok let them sleep on our Matadors again it is much better like that just like last year we will be the last El Paso team still in the playoffs.

This how I see this season going down

#1 Montwood
#2 Chapin
#3 Del Valle
#4 Coronado
#5 Parkland
#6 Andress
#7 Franklin
#8 Bowie
#9 Pebble Hills
#10 Eastlake

Uncle Rico
Franklin #1? Westsider and Edgar we're not ranking cheerleader squads here. The ranking of varsity football squads is what this thread is about. Oh and I kid you not back in '82, I used to be able to toss a pigskin a quarter of a mile.
Uncle Rico I'm no Franklin grad, supporter, lover or what have you but I also like Franklin this season. Here's my two cents on this subject.

1 Franklin
2 Chapin
3 Andress
4 Parkland
5 Del Valle
6 Coronado
7 Eastlake
8 Americas
9 Montwood
10 Bowie

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m