EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: 2018 El Paso, Texas HS Football Rankings

Have You not seen Eastwood play the last few weeks Had the hardest pre district schedule Just for this Reason to beat Montwood,Eastlake,and DelValle all back to back to back so until you guys beat pebble hills Your still not #1

NoOne
Have You not seen Eastwood play the last few weeks Had the hardest pre district schedule Just for this Reason to beat Montwood,Eastlake,and DelValle all back to back to back so until you guys beat pebble hills Your still not #1
Didn't hear you talking like that for years when Eastwood was in the big boys district. All of a sudden Eastwood is in the small kids district thanks to the UIL realignment and just like that you and many others are making Eastwood to be a perennial powerhouse? Come on man. Where do you people come out from?

No one said power house and we did beat Montwood this yr and had a great Scrimmage with pebble Hills Noone said we were scared we didn't choose to drop down to 5A but due to construction at Eastwood we had to All I said was Franklin wasn't the #1 team in the City but Maybe We are and Eastwood is Always on here saying we're the best Every Year cause we believe we are If you don't then why even play. Go Troop 💪

NoOne
No one said power house and we did beat Montwood this yr and had a great Scrimmage with pebble Hills Noone said we were scared we didn't choose to drop down to 5A but due to construction at Eastwood we had to All I said was Franklin wasn't the #1 team in the City but Maybe We are and Eastwood is Always on here saying we're the best Every Year cause we believe we are If you don't then why even play. Go Troop 💪
What I'm saying and what you are failing to understand or simply ignoring is that where were you and all of a sudden all those Eastwood fanatics when Eastwood was losing in the big boys district? Were you all together squeezed and packed like sardines in some closet hiding. Losing teams also need support not only when they are winning.

Have you not been on the Forum before this Season Eastwood is Always on here win or lose We feel that we can win every game not just this Yr but for the past 3-5 yrs we've been on here Every Year Every Game Go Troop Win or Lose 💪

NoOne
Have you not been on the Forum before this Season Eastwood is Always on here win or lose We feel that we can win every game not just this Yr but for the past 3-5 yrs we've been on here Every Year Every Game Go Troop Win or Lose 💪
"Eastwood is Always on here win or lose We feel that we can win every game not just this Yr but for the past 3-5 yrs we've been on here Every Year Every Game Go Troop Win or Lose"?

You must read a lot of law attraction books worshipping the genie in the bottle as well as attend positive Tony Robbins seminars. Good Luck to you and your Troop a team that always wins even when they lose.

UPDATE
After Week 8

#1 Franklin Cougars
#2 Pebble Hills Spartans
#3 Andress Eagles
#4 Parkland Matadors
#5 Chapin Huskies
#6 Eastwood Troopers
#7 Montwood Rams
#8 Del Valle Conquistadors
#9 Ysleta Indians
#10 Burges Mustangs

Uncle Rico
UPDATE
After Week 8

#1 Franklin Cougars
#2 Pebble Hills Spartans
#3 Andress Eagles
#4 Parkland Matadors
#5 Chapin Huskies
#6 Eastwood Troopers
#7 Montwood Rams
#8 Del Valle Conquistadors
#9 Ysleta Indians
#10 Burges Mustangs
Great to see you back, worried you went on vacation midseason. Look foward to seeing yours and a few others on here ranking El Paso's finest Gridiron Warriors weekly!

Yes UncleRicoSuave is back.Thanks for posting again.

1. Franklin
2. Parkland
3. Pebble Hills
4. Chapin
5. Eastwood
6. Andress
7. Ysleta
8. Montwood
9. Americas
10. Canutillo

UPDATE
After Week 9

#1 Franklin Cougars
#2 Andress Eagles
#3 Parkland Matadors
#4 Americas Trailblazers
#5 Pebble Hills Spartans
#6 Eastwood Troopers
#7 Del Valle Conquistadors
#8 Chapin Huskies
#9 Ysleta Indians
#10 Burges Mustangs

1) Franklin Cougars
2) Parkland Matadors
3) Americas Trailblazers
4) Pebble Hills Spartans
5) Eastwood Troopers
6) Montwood Rams
7) Andress Eagles
8) Burgess Mustangs
9) Ysleta Indians
10) Irving Rockets

Update: Week 9
1) Franklin
2) Parkland
3) Americas
4) Pebble Hills
5) Eastwood
6) Montwood
7) Del Valle 
8) Andress
9) Burgess
10)Ysleta

Uncle Rico
UPDATE
After Week 9

#1 Franklin Cougars
#2 Andress Eagles
#3 Parkland Matadors
#4 Americas Trailblazers
#5 Pebble Hills Spartans
#6 Eastwood Troopers
#8 Chapin Huskies
#9 Ysleta Indians
#10 Burges Mustangs
Uncle Rico that looks just about right.

Uncle Rico
UPDATE
After Week 9

#1 Franklin Cougars
#2 Andress Eagles
#3 Parkland Matadors
#4 Americas Trailblazers
#5 Pebble Hills Spartans
#6 Eastwood Troopers
#8 Chapin Huskies
#9 Ysleta Indians
#10 Burges Mustangs
Montwood played like it should be top 5 no joke those kids are so underrated vey strong D line and aggressive offense!

HotSHOTS
1) Franklin
2) Parkland
3) Americas
4) Pebble Hills
5) Eastwood
6) Montwood
7) Del Valle 
8) Andress
9) Burgess
10)Ysleta
Been a while lol but i been lurking. Imho

1 franklin
2 americas
3 eastwood
4 pebble hills
5 montwood
6 del valle
7 parkland
8 andress
9 chapin
10 eastlake

This what here is accurate just tbh i think all the 6as would destroy parkland. Honestly records dont give accurate depictions of how good teams are parkland played a cupcake non district schedule, they shpuld be ashamed of themselves. If the matadors dont like it then theybshould schedule real competition, tired of reading about "the park" they lose in a blowout to the top 5 teams no questions asked.

HotSHOTS
1) Franklin
2) Parkland
3) Americas
4) Pebble Hills
5) Eastwood
6) Montwood
7) Del Valle 
8) Andress
9) Burgess
10)Ysleta

1 franklin
2 americas
3 eastwood
4 pebble hills
5 montwood
6 del valle
7 parkland
8 andress
9 chapin
10 eastlake

This what here is accurate just tbh i think all the 6as would destroy parkland. Honestly records dont give accurate depictions of how good teams are parkland played a cupcake non district schedule, they shpuld be ashamed of themselves. If the matadors dont like it then theybshould schedule real competition, tired of reading about "the park" they lose in a blowout to the top 5 teams no questions asked.
“Destroy”. Pretty strong verbage, but can’t disagree with records don’t mean a lot because of strength of scheduling! Like I have said before on here I would love to see Parkland play America’s, Montwood, Franklin or Pebble maybe Permian, Odessa or Midland. I think Max Preps calculates the strength of schedule, so might be pretty accurate in their ranking of Parkland. Not taking anything away from their athletes who have been playing light out.

Boonbltz
HotSHOTS
1) Franklin
2) Parkland
3) Americas
4) Pebble Hills
5) Eastwood
6) Montwood
7) Del Valle 
8) Andress
9) Burgess
10)Ysleta

1 franklin
2 americas
3 eastwood
4 pebble hills
5 montwood
6 del valle
7 parkland
8 andress
9 chapin
10 eastlake

This what here is accurate just tbh i think all the 6as would destroy parkland. Honestly records dont give accurate depictions of how good teams are parkland played a cupcake non district schedule, they shpuld be ashamed of themselves. If the matadors dont like it then theybshould schedule real competition, tired of reading about \"the park\" they lose in a blowout to the top 5 teams no questions asked.
“Destroy”. Pretty strong verbage, but can’t disagree with records don’t mean a lot because of strength of scheduling! Like I have said before on here I would love to see Parkland play America’s, Montwood, Franklin or Pebble maybe Permian, Odessa or Midland. I think Max Preps calculates the strength of schedule, so might be pretty accurate in their ranking of Parkland. Not taking anything away from their athletes who have been playing light out.
I stand by my verbage. They would be destroyed without a shadow of a doubt.

Boonbltz
HotSHOTS
1) Franklin
2) Parkland
3) Americas
4) Pebble Hills
5) Eastwood
6) Montwood
7) Del Valle 
8) Andress
9) Burgess
10)Ysleta

1 franklin
2 americas
3 eastwood
4 pebble hills
5 montwood
6 del valle
7 parkland
8 andress
9 chapin
10 eastlake

This what here is accurate just tbh i think all the 6as would destroy parkland. Honestly records dont give accurate depictions of how good teams are parkland played a cupcake non district schedule, they shpuld be ashamed of themselves. If the matadors dont like it then theybshould schedule real competition, tired of reading about \\\"the park\\\" they lose in a blowout to the top 5 teams no questions asked.
I stand by my verbage. They would be destroyed without a shadow of a doubt.
I can can respect that kind of conviction!

Here is how Max Preps has El Paso teams ranked in Texas regardless of Classification

150 Franklin
265 Parkland
317 Americas
344 Eastwood
363 Del Valle
403 Pebble Hills
481 Coronado
482 Montwood
499 Andress
518 Chapin

624 Ysleta
635 Eastlake
652 Burges
694 Austin
738 Canutillo
775 Irvin
890 El Dorado
914 Bowie
926 Hanks
929 Horizon

884 Mt View
918 Clint
922 El Paso
971 Socorro
999 Riverside
1050 Bel Air
1085 Fabens
1090 Jefferson
1106 San Elizario
1183 Anthony
1196 Cathedral
1203 Tornillo

Sorry for any I had out of Place or if I missed some team in the county

Pedro
Here is how Max Preps has El Paso teams ranked in Texas regardless of Classification

150 Franklin
265 Parkland
317 Americas
344 Eastwood
363 Del Valle
403 Pebble Hills
481 Coronado
482 Montwood
499 Andress
518 Chapin

624 Ysleta
635 Eastlake
652 Burges
694 Austin
738 Canutillo
775 Irvin
890 El Dorado
914 Bowie
926 Hanks
929 Horizon

884 Mt View
918 Clint
922 El Paso
971 Socorro
999 Riverside
1050 Bel Air
1085 Fabens
1090 Jefferson
1106 San Elizario
1183 Anthony
1196 Cathedral
1203 Tornillo

Sorry for any I had out of Place or if I missed some team in the county
Wow what a difference from local media power rankings!

Uncle Rico
UPDATE
After Week 9

#1 Franklin Cougars
#2 Andress Eagles
#3 Parkland Matadors
#4 Americas Trailblazers
#5 Pebble Hills Spartans
#6 Eastwood Troopers
#8 Chapin Huskies
#9 Ysleta Indians
#10 Burges Mustangs
Uncle Rico your updated Top 10 looks accurate for the time being.

Have enjoyed comparing Uncle Rico TO maxpreps all year. I appreciate it and as you can see top 10 has 8 of same teams. Was interesting to see 4A Mt View ranked above 5A div 1 El Dorado. Again sorry for having that part out of order.

Parkland haters still crying about who Parkland played.

They gave Ysleta their only loss

FYI Parkland destroyed Chapin who beat Andress.... hmmmm
Chapin also lost by 2 possessions 2 Franklin and 3 to Pebble Hills.
Chapin also smacked by Eastlake and Eastlake ironically beat Pebble Hills.

So open your eyes a little wider than the teams played. Because Parkland stomped a team that kept up with the teams you claiming and a team they stomped ironically beat Pebble Hills lmao...

Parkland will last the longest in playoffs. #1 in the city. Smaller school in the northeast with some good talent. Don't hate east side snobs

sean
Parkland haters still crying about who Parkland played.

They gave Ysleta their only loss

FYI Parkland destroyed Chapin who beat Andress.... hmmmm
Chapin also lost by 2 possessions 2 Franklin and 3 to Pebble Hills.
Chapin also smacked by Eastlake and Eastlake ironically beat Pebble Hills.

So open your eyes a little wider than the teams played. Because Parkland stomped a team that kept up with the teams you claiming and a team they stomped ironically beat Pebble Hills lmao...

Parkland will last the longest in playoffs. #1 in the city. Smaller school in the northeast with some good talent. Don't hate east side snobs
You failed to mention their give me "tie" versus Burges. All of that they beat that team that also beat this team means nothing.

Your signature win is against Ysleta. Lmao.Then you mention Eastlake who lost 24-0 to Coronado. And we see where they are now. Then you mention Chapin who's lost to every good team they've played. You tied with Burgess (but were losing when they gave you that tie) and nevermind Sean lol.

FYI Parkland pads those stats, really the only team I've watched keep starters in up 4 possessions the start of the 4th quarter. I'm all for run up the score, but give guys some playing time. Teams like Pebble Hills, Franklin, Montwood, Chapin dont do that.

All those blow out wins no other QB on Parkland has attempted a pass, and Hankins has 100 more carries than the next RB on the roster.

Best receiver and Running back in el paso. Enough said.

nn
Well lets see if those 2 players that you think are the best receiver and running back in El Paso are able to take Parkland to the State Championship Game

HotSHOTS
All those blow out wins no other QB on Parkland has attempted a pass, and Hankins has 100 more carries than the next RB on the roster.
Well hankins is in fact the starting rb. And the qb thing is weird but then again their qb is a junior so i feel they think they dont need to break in the backup until next yead

Qbert
nn
Well lets see if those 2 players that you think are the best receiver and running back in El Paso are able to take Parkland to the State Championship Game
Last year running back Deion Hankins helped to get Parkland to the 3rd round of the playoffs. He now has help from a Franklin transfer in 3 star receiver Khatib Lyles so Parkland should repeat that 3rd round appearance but we'll just have to wait and see how much further Parkland will go in the playoffs this season.

BeastofNE
Qbert
nn
Last year running back Deion Hankins helped to get Parkland to the 3rd round of the playoffs. He now has help from a Franklin transfer in 3 star receiver Khatib Lyles so Parkland should repeat that 3rd round appearance but we'll just have to wait and see how much further Parkland will go in the playoffs this season.
As a team do you think parkland is better overall?

Than last year

Well as a matter of fact the stats say otherwise it says that the best wr and best rb play for a team other than parkland. But hey what do i know all i can do is literally look at the numbers. And thats said given it has been proven that parkland pads stats. Even with the padding they dont lead the city. But let me be clear. Franklin, pebble hills, eastwood, americas, del valle, montwood would throttle parkland. Shame on frontz for scheduling cup cakes.

That's all I'm saying. Blow out wins means other guys should be playing. Backups should have some type of stats.

Rgv
BeastofNE
Qbert
nn
Last year running back Deion Hankins helped to get Parkland to the 3rd round of the playoffs. He now has help from a Franklin transfer in 3 star receiver Khatib Lyles so Parkland should repeat that 3rd round appearance but we\'ll just have to wait and see how much further Parkland will go in the playoffs this season.
As a team do you think parkland is better overall?
I am a proud supporter of my Parkland Matadors but as to your question if it is directed at me and to be honest I have to say no not as better as last years Parkland team not even close. If last years Parkland team had Khatib Lyles I believe Parkland would have gotten past the 3rd round and deeper. Khatib Lyles on this years team is helping Parkland so much this year. His mere presence on offense causes defenses to second guess and triple guess themselves. Deion as running back and Khatib Lyles is causing problems to defenses. In the playoffs though against out of town teams with better defenses and better coaching will be a whole different story hopefully others on our Parkland team step up and become reliable when called upon at any second and to make big plays on a consistent basis.

HotSHOTS
That's all I'm saying. Blow out wins means other guys should be playing. Backups should have some type of stats.
Lol theyre the two best players in the city. Ig you know more than scouts

HotSHOTS
that one kid is not the best rb in ep. Its hankins, its not even close because hankins is more skilled overall as of rn because hes a senior the other is a soph, hes only gonna get better. Be real. That kid will be the best rb once hankins is out, can he be better than hankins by the time hes a senior? Yes but only time will tell. Better Stats dont mean hes better all the time

Rgv
HotSHOTS
that one kid is not the best rb in ep. Its hankins, its not even close because hankins is more skilled overall as of rn because hes a senior the other is a soph, hes only gonna get better. Be real. That kid will be the best rb once hankins is out, can he be better than hankins by the time hes a senior? Yes but only time will tell. Better Stats dont mean hes better all the time
🤪

I'm aware of that I'm just saying when you are blowing teams out let the other guys get some spin.

Lmao

BeastofNE
Qbert
nn
Parkland will make it only up to the 2nd round. They will not see the 3rd round this year.

FarEastsider
BeastofNE
Qbert
nn
Last year running back Deion Hankins helped to get Parkland to the 3rd round of the playoffs. He now has help from a Franklin transfer in 3 star receiver Khatib Lyles so Parkland should repeat that 3rd round appearance but we\'ll just have to wait and see how much further Parkland will go in the playoffs this season.
Parkland will make it only up to the 2nd round. They will not see the 3rd round this year.
Who are the projected opponents they will have in the playoffs

UPDATE
After Week 10

#1 Franklin Cougars
#2 Andress Eagles
#3 Parkland Matadors
#4 Eastwood Troopers
#5 Del Valle Conquistadors
#6 Chapin Huskies
#7 Pebble Hills Spartans
#8 Coronado Thunderbirds