​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scrimmages

Post scrimmage information here.

Pebble Hills vs. Eastwood Aug. 24 (not 100% sure but I believe it will be played at Eastwood)

Re: Scrimmages

Americas vs Andress at Andress on Friday 24

El Dorado vs Montwood August 23 at Montwood

Coronado at Delvalle Fri 24th at 7pm

Football Dad
Americas vs Andress at Andress on Friday 24
I will be at this one for sure!

Fri., Aug. 24th

Chapin Huskies at Horizon Scorpions

Freshmen 5pm
Junior Varsity 6pm
Varsity 7pm

RAM56
FR 5PM
JV 6PM
VARSITY 7PM

@SAC

AztecEmpire
RAM56
FR 5PM
JV 6PM
VARSITY 7PM

@SAC
El Dorado vs Montwood is at Montwood

Thursday August 23rd at Parkland
SCRIMMAGE
Parkland Matadors vs Eastlake Falcons
Varsity 7pm

Tomorrow I will be checking out the Americas vs Andress scrimmage but today I don't know which one of these two to check out Montwood vs El Dorado or Parkland vs Eastlake. Both should be good ones.

BeastofNE
Thursday August 23rd at Parkland
SCRIMMAGE
Parkland Matadors vs Eastlake Falcons
Varsity 7pm

DaRock will be at this scrimmage. Better be a great scrimmage or else.

How was scrimmage tonight Beast? Any insight?

Montwood - El Do scrimmage takeaways
1. El Do was outmatched most the night.
2. Montwood has nice size & a very good back in Ramos. Ramos will have a nice year.
3. Fernandez is solid but not as dynamic as big brother. Has below average receivers to throw to.
4. El do is small upfront on both sides of the ball. No big offensive threats.
5. El do secondary is solid.
6. El do has a solid young QB.
7. Montwood looks to be competitive in district 6A.
8. El Do will struggle in a very competitive 5A district.

FalconFeather
How was scrimmage tonight Beast? Any insight?
PARKLAND OVERHYPED :zzz:

Franklin looks like offensive powerhouse. Looks like the wont miss #3 one bit.Defence and corners look small safety is also small looks like same old franklin non d On the other hand Canutillo looked horrible.With the exception of the field goal kickee.

Game ball goes to # 8 who runs with the devil in him dam the kid ran over the whole canutillo team.

Franklin vs Canutillo
Not sure if Franklin is that good or Canutillo that bad? Regardless 35-0 at halftime Franklin starters didn't play the second half. They looked tough against a struggling Canutillo squad. #23,#5 lethal in the backfield. #8 dual threat QB hard to bring down. #2 will be the next major D1 prospect.

One of the corners was about 6'1. Wasn't any good but he's around 6'1

Eastside
Montwood - El Do scrimmage takeaways
1. El Do was outmatched most the night.
2. Montwood has nice size & a very good back in Ramos. Ramos will have a nice year.
3. Fernandez is solid but not as dynamic as big brother. Has below average receivers to throw to.
4. El do is small upfront on both sides of the ball. No big offensive threats.
5. El do secondary is solid.
6. El do has a solid young QB.
7. Montwood looks to be competitive in district 6A.
8. El Do will struggle in a very competitive 5A district.
To add Montwoods Defend was solid. Big D-Line. Linebackers are Fast and solid.

Went to both Franklin Coronado scrimmages

Coronado is the real deal the line is great RBS are great explosive WRs.Qb ok. THE D is really really good they have shut down DV offense to this point.This might be there year.

Franklin looked really good against a really bad Canutillo team.Canutillo coaches looked really concerned on thur.

DV should be a playoff team but CHS has been to much to this point.

I was also at the DV scrimmage. Coronado's #9 RB was running all over Del Valle. The Coronado Offensive lineman were pretty big too.

DV's defense looked undisciplined and gave up after the second Coronado td.

DV's receivers worry me. They were dropping passes, including #3 Gardiner.

I hope Coach P gets these boys minds right this upcoming week.

Went to Americas vs Andress final score 39-31 Americas with the W.
Americas BIG O LINE and young solid running back. Americas ran all over andress. Andress scored on two turnovers. Americas played well but should’ve won by more you could tell they where just stronger and faster . Andress is way overhyped but should do good in 5A as for Americas definitely a playoff team

VQ35HR
I was also at the DV scrimmage. Coronado's #9 RB was running all over Del Valle. The Coronado Offensive lineman were pretty big too.

DV's defense looked undisciplined and gave up after the second Coronado td.

DV's receivers worry me. They were dropping passes, including #3 Gardiner.

I hope Coach P gets these boys minds right this upcoming week.
I was there too. #9 was Garrett Slaughter. He ran really well tonight. The Coronado pass game was sharp.
If Coronados 3rd team rb had not fumbed with 2 minutes left, it would have been an easy shutout. Del valle will get much better.

Footballer
Americas BIG O LINE and young solid running back. Americas ran all over andress. Andress scored on two turnovers. Americas played well but should’ve won by more you could tell they where just stronger and faster . Andress is way overhyped but should do good in 5A as for Americas definitely a playoff team
Americas ran all over Andress?

Americas was stronger and faster?

Andress overhyped?

Scrimmage final score 39-31?

Sounds to me Andress is going to be great in their district this season and Americas not so great in their district.

Qbert
Footballer

Andress overhyped?

Sounds to me Andress is going to be great in their district this season and Americas not so great in their district.

Qbert I will make what you said a bit clearer

Americas is in a higher enrollment District 1-6A ~ 39
Andress is in a lower enrollment District 2-5A ~ 31

With that said
Franklin is going to annihilate Americas
Coronado is going to demolish Americas
Montwood is going to crush Americas
Pebble Hills is going to barely beat Americas
Socorro is going to give Americas a good game down to the wire.

What about the Bowie and Cathedral scrimmage? How did Bowie look? Please don't sugarcoat Bowie. How did my alma mater look in the scrimmage against Cathedral?

I went through all El Paso team hudl timelines and did find videos on any scrimmages. Where are the scrimmage videos? Didn't anyone record any scrimmages? Not only can't find any videos of scrimmages anywhere on hudl but also can't find any videos of scrimmages on facebook, twitter or even youtube? All I've seen on a video of a scrimmage was of a player making 2 sacks, another of a player running 15 yards and that's all.

Edgar
I went through all El Paso team hudl timelines and did find videos on any scrimmages. Where are the scrimmage videos? Didn't anyone record any scrimmages? Not only can't find any videos of scrimmages anywhere on hudl but also can't find any videos of scrimmages on facebook, twitter or even youtube? All I've seen on a video of a scrimmage was of a player making 2 sacks, another of a player running 15 yards and that's all.
Calm down Edgar they are but only scrimmages and most teams still have lots of tweaking to do. Nervous coaches and players all throughout the city caused them to have crappy games and some semi good games.

Edgar don't simply go through hudl team timelines. Go through individual player's hudl pages. Edgar I'm not going to do all the work for you not unless you pay me but here are a few of them.

SCRIMMAGE MONTWOOD vs EL DORADO
Jason Fernandez
http://www.hudl.com/v/2AD52c

Christopher Ramos
http://www.hudl.com/v/2ADAER

SCRIMMAGE FRANKLIN vs CANUTILLO
Gabriel Stonewall
http://www.hudl.com/v/2AD8CY

Abraham Annabi
http://www.hudl.com/v/2AD3VH

SCRIMMAGE CORONADO vs DEL VALLE
Davis Burns
http://www.hudl.com/v/2ADbfE

Patrick Barrett
http://www.hudl.com/v/2ADdMr

SCRIMMAGE EASTLAKE vs PARKLAND
Adrian Donacio Jr.
http://www.hudl.com/v/2ADKmC

Devon Pinero
http://www.hudl.com/v/2ADJa4

Here's a short one from Eastlake vs Parkland Edgar... but willing to go in partnership with Juco !!!! :relaxed: and we can both provide you with a bill !!!! lol

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/16896/Boys-Varsity-Football

Coronado dominated Del Valle in its scrimmage

Kingsrealm
Here's a short one from Eastlake vs Parkland Edgar... but willing to go in partnership with Juco !!!! :relaxed: and we can both provide you with a bill !!!! lol

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/16896/Boys-Varsity-Football
Thank you Kingsrealm!

How is Andress overhyped if the score was 39-31, with Andress what it boils down to is COACHING.....THE OC calls the same plays over and over again. So if Andress only scored off 2 turnovers how did they get to 31, because doesn’t 6+6=12, add in 2 field goals that’s 14.....I’m just saying. Defense needs to learn to adjust to the run.

Andress is EXPECTED to dominate their district with the new UIL realignment.

TbirdsPofW
Dominated is putting it mildly.

TBIRDDAD
TbirdsPofW
Dominated is putting it mildly.
I hate to admi it, but i saw it with my own eyes. We could not stop their #9 running back. He ran hard and played smash mouth. We could not defend the pass. Coach better get on the ball . We will be lucky to make the playoffs. Jmho

Footballer
Scores are irrelevant in scrimmages...

Chuco town
Footballer
Scores are irrelevant in scrimmages...
If scores are irrelevant then why they keep score of the scrimmages and why do the teams try to score touchdowns and field scores.

These are just scrimmages all teams are using different players whether they are 1st 2nd or 3rd string we will see how everything goes during the season and hope for a healthy season for all teams the most important thing is Friday night lights is back and let’s all support El Paso football

I take it that you build your success and your district overall status over a scrimmage huh? Well DV had 6 starters out that day and they played all their 2nd and 3rd string practically the whole game that's how the DV coaching staff evaluate there upcoming JV players. I guess this was your way of revenge for DV beating you all at home in 2015 & 2016 on a regular season game. I'm not even going to use the 6A and 5A class card. Good luck to both teams this season.

Franklin offensive line took care business, Canutillo #10 didn't get no tackles. Good job O line.

I just hope Franklin does better this year cause they try preparing for distict by playing all these out of town teams and they still do HORRIBLE in their district .Go Cougars

Footballer
Yo Americas coaches, please take down your scrimmage stats from Maxpreps. It was not a game and does not count toward yearly stats. Just looks like your trying to inflate your players stats.

Westsider
Qbert
Footballer

Andress overhyped?

Qbert I will make what you said a bit clearer

Americas is in a higher enrollment District 1-6A ~ 39
Andress is in a lower enrollment District 2-5A ~ 31

With that said
Franklin is going to annihilate Americas
Coronado is going to demolish Americas
Montwood is going to crush Americas
Pebble Hills is going to barely beat Americas
Socorro is going to give Americas a good game down to the wire.
Lol soooooo much hate #BlazerNation

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m