Author
Comment
El Paso Area vs Out of Town (week 1)

Friday,August 31st

FRANKLIN vs R.R. CLEVELAND
MONTWOOD vs LOS FRESNOS Chapin vs Midland Christian
MAYFIELD vs DEL VALLE
BOWIE vs SILVER CITY

Can all or any El Paso area schools pull off wins in week 1?

Only DV will be at home.

Re: El Paso Area vs Out of Town (week 1)

Out of those matchups the only El Paso team I see winning is CHAPIN. They will beat Midland Christian by atleast 3 touchdowns.

epgerm

Friday,August 31st

FRANKLIN vs R.R. CLEVELAND
MONTWOOD vs LOS FRESNOS Chapin vs Midland Christian
MAYFIELD vs DEL VALLE
BOWIE vs SILVER CITY

Can all or any El Paso area schools pull off wins in week 1?

Only DV will be at home.

I already posted my predictions on the Week 1 Predictions thread. I have Franklin to beat RR Cleveland. Montwood to lose against Los Fresnos. Chapin beating Midland Christian. Del Valle losing to Mayfield and Bowie beating Silver City

Cleveland is going to beat the brakes out of franklin

Good Luck to ALL EP teams especially the ones playing the new mexico teams...

Las Cruces and ABQ area teams been talking crazy recently about how bad EP teams since we have no state titles. I always back up EP & Texas football and let them NM'ers know that their football is nothing compared to the Lone Star State.

VQ35HR

Las Cruces and ABQ area teams been talking crazy recently about how bad EP teams since we have no state titles. I always back up EP & Texas football and let them NM'ers know that their football is nothing compared to the Lone Star State.
New Mexico state championship, is like a District title here in EL Paso Texas....

TRUEALPHA
VQ35HR

Las Cruces and ABQ area teams been talking crazy recently about how bad EP teams since we have no state titles. I always back up EP & Texas football and let them NM\'ers know that their football is nothing compared to the Lone Star State.
New Mexico state championship, is like a District title here in EL Paso Texas....
TRUEALPHA is correct with what he said.
A New Mexico State Title is basically a District Title in the city of El Paso.
Practically all districts in New Mexico are full of boxed up cupcakes.

Bane
TRUEALPHA
VQ35HR

Las Cruces and ABQ area teams been talking crazy recently about how bad EP teams since we have no state titles. I always back up EP & Texas football and let them NM\\'ers know that their football is nothing compared to the Lone Star State.
When you have a underclassman from El Paso, TX, Dorian Lewis Andress high school, who transferred to a New Mexico high school football team like only 1 to 2 months ago and racked up nearly 200 yards with 2 touchdowns in yesterday's New Mexico high school football season opener it speaks volumes.

Read this article that is full of truth
https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/sports/2018/08/24/onate-routed-no-3-cleveland-season-opener/1092954002/

It's not the state of New Mexico but rather the state of Arizona, New Mexico's close neighbor, where another underclassman from El Paso, TX, Gunner Romney Franklin high school, ended up being a All-Arizona Senior Wide Receiver who received a boat load of division 1 offers and yes this too speaks volumes.

Read these articles that are full of truth
https://www.sports360az.com/2016/10/viva-futbol-americano-romneys-football-passion-knows-no-boarders/
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Gunner-Romney-93572/RecruitInterests/

El Paso, TX football compared to the rest of the state of Texas yes El Paso, TX football has its difficulties its challenges but El Paso, TX compared to other States like New Mexico, Arizona and every other State well El Paso, TX football excels above and beyond.

Franklin 31
R.R. Cleveland 36

Chapin 41
Midland Christian 24

Montwood 17
Los Fresno 35

Mayfield 42
Del Valle 14

Bowie 17
Silver City 28

TheTruth
Bane
TRUEALPHA
VQ35HR

Las Cruces and ABQ area teams been talking crazy recently about how bad EP teams since we have no state titles. I always back up EP & Texas football and let them NM\\\\'ers know that their football is nothing compared to the Lone Star State.
When you have a underclassman from El Paso, TX, Dorian Lewis Andress high school, who transferred to a New Mexico high school football team like only 1 to 2 months ago and racked up nearly 200 yards with 2 touchdowns in yesterday's New Mexico high school football season opener it speaks volumes.

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/sports/2018/08/24/onate-routed-no-3-cleveland-season-opener/1092954002/

It's not the state of New Mexico but rather the state of Arizona, New Mexico's close neighbor, where another underclassman from El Paso, TX, Gunner Romney Franklin high school, ended up being a All-Arizona Senior Wide Receiver who received a boat load of division 1 offers and yes this too speaks volumes.

https://www.sports360az.com/2016/10/viva-futbol-americano-romneys-football-passion-knows-no-boarders/

El Paso, TX football compared to the rest of the state of Texas yes El Paso, TX football has its difficulties its challenges but El Paso, TX compared to other States like New Mexico, Arizona and every other State well El Paso, TX football excels above and beyond.
Looks like El Paso high school varsity football 2nd string bench warmers at Chapin, Franklin, Coronado, and other El Paso teams can be starters at New Mexico and Arizona high school varsity football teams and become Legends.

Qbert
TheTruth
Bane
TRUEALPHA
VQ35HR

Las Cruces and ABQ area teams been talking crazy recently about how bad EP teams since we have no state titles. I always back up EP & Texas football and let them NM\\\\\\\\'ers know that their football is nothing compared to the Lone Star State.

Looks like El Paso high school varsity football 2nd string bench warmers at Chapin, Franklin, Coronado, and other El Paso teams can be starters at New Mexico and Arizona high school varsity football teams and become Legends.
Lol dumbest thing I’ve heard. Maybe you should start you bench then when you play us NM and AZ schools so you can have a legitimate excuse when you lose. No wonder EP football is a joke, all you guys are blinded by it. You’ll get a little dose of AZ football when your top ranked 5A team gets smashed by Salpointe Catholic. I want to hear all the excuses and shish talk then.

Trod0 so glad you enjoy hanging around with us jokesters. As they say """"you are who you hang around with""". Oh and good luck to your New Mexico or Arizona high school team this season.

Why do you have Montwood losing ? Do know anything about Los Fresnos ?

Qbert. Good luck to your teams as well. No harm intended, just sports talk. I’m just giving you an outsiders perspective on EPT Football. I lived in EP for 5 years so I know a little on what you guys have down there. I use to watch HS games every weekend. There is some talent there just not enough. The coaching isn’t great there and the development in the younger kids definitely isn’t there. That’s what hurts EP football in my opinion. So when you guys play out of town teams it doesn’t go well. The out of town teams are part of a program that starts when kids are 6-7 years old. It starts with youth city leagues.

Trod0,

I couldn't agree with you more. The idea that EP football is on par and can compete with any city nationwide is delusional. Your reasons are legitimate.

Btw, Gunner Romney left because of the lack of competition in the area, not because it was too good. To suggest otherwise is a lie.

Raider
Trod0,

I couldn't agree with you more. The idea that EP football is on par and can compete with any city nationwide is delusional. Your reasons are legitimate.

Btw, Gunner Romney left because of the lack of competition in the area, not because it was too good. To suggest otherwise is a lie.

who said EP can compete with any city nationwide?? Trod0 is either a new mexican or a biased nm hs football supporter (probably both)

the truth is that El Paso CAN compete in NMAA high school football and probably win state (Montwood, Franklin, Chapin, Andress, Del Valle and a few others) All these NM "powerhouses" would get spanked by Texas teams and I'm not talking about El Paso.. NM only focuses on El Paso but not the rest of the state LOL!

VQ35HR
Raider
Trod0,

I couldn\'t agree with you more. The idea that EP football is on par and can compete with any city nationwide is delusional. Your reasons are legitimate.

who said EP can compete with any city nationwide?? Trod0 is either a new mexican or a biased nm hs football supporter (probably both)

the truth is that El Paso CAN compete in NMAA high school football and probably win state (Montwood, Franklin, Chapin, Andress, Del Valle and a few others) All these NM "powerhouses" would get spanked by Texas teams and I'm not talking about El Paso.. NM only focuses on El Paso but not the rest of the state LOL!
Raider.
Right about Romney. He played with a team loaded with talent in AZ and he got recognized there. He never would have got that at franklin. My niece knew who he was as they graduated from Chandler High. His younger brother is also a beast. Thankfully they got out of EP to get noticed.

VQ
the teams you mentioned wouldn’t even be first place in Las Cruces. The biggest school in Las Cruces only has 1,500 students. Pretty sad when a city of 800k+ can’t even complete with cities of 100k (Cruces, Rio Rancho, Odessa etc). You guys claim to be part of Texas and Texas football but when you lose to NM and AZ schools you guys cry and say “you guys can’t beat other Texas schools”. It’s like a little boy saying you can’t beat up my dad. Win your own battles EP. You guys are the 6th largest city in Texas and are irrelevant. Demographics is what kills you. You guys compete in Futbol not Football.

VQ35,

I obviously misread the comment. Thanks for the clarification. Now , I have to agree.

Raider
VQ35,

I obviously misread the comment. Thanks for the clarification. Now , I have to agree.

Raider

You didn’t misread, this was posted by Thetruth.

“El Paso, TX football compared to the rest of the state of Texas yes El Paso, TX football has its difficulties its challenges but El Paso, TX compared to other States like New Mexico, Arizona and every other State well El Paso, TX football excels above and beyond.”

First off El Paso wouldn’t win state in NM.

Second: they are light years behind AZ just like they are the rest of Texas. Chandler could compete with any team in Texas. Chandler schedules and plays high school national champions. I don’t even remember the last time a Texas high school was awarded national champs.

Third: when he said EPaso, TX compared to other States like New Mexico, Arizona and every other State well El Paso, TX football excels above and beyond.
Lmao when he said every other state as well and El Paso excels above and beyond. That’s when you know this guy lives in a box and doesn’t know a **** thing.

In all honesty, good luck to your teams out there tonight. Let’s hope everyone who steps foot on the field tonight walks out injury free.

Here is a little present for you Franklin fans. Kick off is almost here.
https://youtu.be/ZnmSPra4X9g

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m