​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Del Valle Conquistadores vs. AZ - Salpointe Catholic

The Conquistadores hit the road to take on Salpointe Catholic in Tucson, AZ this Friday 9/7. What are your thoughts and/or predictions for this game? Del Valle won their season opener against Las Cruces - Mayfield. Can the Big Bad Blue get their second win of the 2018 season and show Tucson what El Paso football is about? Any info on Salpointe?

Re: Del Valle Conquistadores vs. AZ - Salpointe Catholic

Good luck make win it for 915!

Salpointe Cat does not know what is going to hit them. Quick Fast Power !!!!!DV DOMINATION!!!!!

DV
Salpointe Cat does not know what is going to hit them. Quick Fast Power !!!!!DV DOMINATION!!!!!
Del Valle should have just scheduled Cathedral or Jesus Chapel. Same competition but less money spent on travel and stuff.

I don’t know if you guys are serious or joking around. Salpointe is going to beat the #1 team in EP easily.

Trod0
I don’t know if you guys are serious or joking around. Salpointe is going to beat the #1 team in EP easily.
#1 team in EP? Says who?

Westsider
Trod0
#1 team in EP? Says who?
Yeah who says Del Valle is El Paso's #1 team??? You must be going by the newspaper. Everyone who knows El Paso high school football inside and out knows Del Valle is no way El Paso's #1 team.

El Paso times says they are and also Maxpreps. Those are known sources, you fans of different schools obviously have your own opinion but your word means nothing compared to those sources. Do I think DV is the best team in EP? No, I think they might be in the top 5.

Trod0
El Paso times says they are and also Maxpreps. Those are known sources, you fans of different schools obviously have your own opinion but your word means nothing compared to those sources. Do I think DV is the best team in EP? No, I think they might be in the top 5.
You're a funny guy. You call those sources? Let me get this straight. You call the El Paso times a source who has ONLY 1 guy rank all El Paso teams and you call Max Preps a source who does not even come to El Paso football games. They go by last seasons results and stats. El Paso times 1 guy well I am also 1 guy and say Del Valle is far from being #1 in El Paso. Max Preps? You're basically telling me that I or anyone can live in California, New York, Florida or wherever and start a website, blog or on social media and then rank teams in a city called El Paso and you would call me a source? Come on Trod you're better than that. SMH

Westsider
Trod0
You're a funny guy. You call those sources? Let me get this straight. You call the El Paso times a source who has ONLY 1 guy rank all El Paso teams and you call Max Preps a source who does not even come to El Paso football games. They go by last seasons results and stats. El Paso times 1 guy well I am also 1 guy and say Del Valle is far from being #1 in El Paso. Max Preps? You're basically telling me that I or anyone can live in California, New York, Florida or wherever and start a website, blog or on social media and then rank teams in a city called El Paso and you would call me a source? Come on Trod you're better than that. SMH
Yeah those are known sources. AP polls are notable throughout the country. Where do you live not to understand that? It’s not my fault you have different opinions from that. When tomorrows paper comes out it will Say #1 team in El Paso goes down. And why in the world would Maxpreps go to El Paso? There is nothing going on in EP football to make them go.

Like I said I don’t think they are the best team in EP either but I have to go with the title they are portrayed as. Like I said they might be top 5 in EP at best. I’d have PH, Montwood, Franklin and Andress better than them but that’s just my opinion.

Trod0
Westsider
Trod0
You\'re a funny guy. You call those sources? Let me get this straight. You call the El Paso times a source who has ONLY 1 guy rank all El Paso teams and you call Max Preps a source who does not even come to El Paso football games. They go by last seasons results and stats. El Paso times 1 guy well I am also 1 guy and say Del Valle is far from being #1 in El Paso. Max Preps? You\'re basically telling me that I or anyone can live in California, New York, Florida or wherever and start a website, blog or on social media and then rank teams in a city called El Paso and you would call me a source? Come on Trod you\'re better than that. SMH
Yeah those are known sources. AP polls are notable throughout the country. Where do you live not to understand that? It’s not my fault you have different opinions from that. When tomorrows paper comes out it will Say #1 team in El Paso goes down. And why in the world would Maxpreps go to El Paso? There is nothing going on in EP football to make them go.

Like I said I don’t think they are the best team in EP either but I have to go with the title they are portrayed as. Like I said they might be top 5 in EP at best. I’d have PH, Montwood, Franklin and Andress better than them but that’s just my opinion.
Trod that's fine if you choose to put credible weight on that 1 guy at El Paso times who ranked the teams but since you are going by that 1 guy source and when Del Valle loses to teams be sure to put the weight back on that 1 guy source not on the rest of El Paso's populations opinions because in my opinion and many others opinions Salpointe is not playing the #1 team in El Paso.

Westsider
Trod0
Westsider
Trod0
You\\'re a funny guy. You call those sources? Let me get this straight. You call the El Paso times a source who has ONLY 1 guy rank all El Paso teams and you call Max Preps a source who does not even come to El Paso football games. They go by last seasons results and stats. El Paso times 1 guy well I am also 1 guy and say Del Valle is far from being #1 in El Paso. Max Preps? You\\'re basically telling me that I or anyone can live in California, New York, Florida or wherever and start a website, blog or on social media and then rank teams in a city called El Paso and you would call me a source? Come on Trod you\\'re better than that. SMH

Trod that's fine if you choose to put credible weight on that 1 guy at El Paso times who ranked the teams but since you are going by that 1 guy source and when Del Valle loses to teams be sure to put the weight back on that 1 guy source not on the rest of El Paso's populations opinions because in my opinion and many others opinions Salpointe is not playing the #1 team in El Paso.
I feel you there, like I said I personally don’t think they are either. But to the rest of the world that don’t know anything ep thinks they are. Salpointe and rest of their Tucson fans think they are playing the #1 team.
In your opinion who’s your top 5? Guaranteed not everyone will agree with yours either. Felix has a tough job to try and please everyone. I think a coaches poll would do good for the Times

That's right El Paso times opinion or any other so called source does not rule over everyone's opinions.

MONTWOOD RAMS #1

BURN THE SHIP!

Rams#1
That's right El Paso times opinion or any other so called source does not rule over everyone's opinions.

MONTWOOD RAMS #1

BURN THE SHIP!
montwood was garbage in the 90s... you all love taking DEL VALLE coaches to help your program. Chuckie Veliz and know Famaligi are from DEL VALLE! y'all woodboys crack me up..get off your high horse :joy: :joy:

Rams#1

MONTWOOD RAMS #1

BURN THE SHIP!
Rams#1 just heard that 10 Montwood players have been suspended for their game against Eastlake. That's not good at all.

Juco
Rams#1
That\'s right El Paso times opinion or any other so called source does not rule over everyone\'s opinions.

MONTWOOD RAMS #1

BURN THE SHIP!
Rams#1 just heard that 10 Montwood players have been suspended for their game against Eastlake. That's not good at all.
Juco, woodboys will be woodboys.....

Quick score for Salpointe 7-0.

Del Valle answered back...

7-7

14-7 Salpointe. Salpointe has a solid running game

Trod0
Their bigger back is a 4 star with offers anywhere in the country. He is also a junior. Their other rb the smaller one is a 2 star with a d1 offer to Howard. That team has about 6 d1 athletes. Might help del valle studs get some looks

Bijan with easy work for his 3rd rushing TD. 21-7 Salpointe in the second quarter.

Rgvfb
Trod0
Their bigger back is a 4 star with offers anywhere in the country. He is also a junior. Their other rb the smaller one is a 2 star with a d1 offer to Howard. That team has about 6 d1 athletes. Might help del valle studs get some looks
Exactly. I told people on here last week that AZ football was legit. They were talking down on AZ football. I told them to wait and they’ll get a little dose of what AZ football is about. AZ is loaded with D1 talent. These guys ain’t talking no more.

Trod0 is loving this lmao shouldn't you be watching some boring new mexico football? :laughing:

Trod0
Rgvfb
Trod0
Exactly. I told people on here last week that AZ football was legit. They were talking down on AZ football. I told them to wait and they’ll get a little dose of what AZ football is about. AZ is loaded with D1 talent. These guys ain’t talking no more.
Yea man , those people think arizona is new mexico lol. Arizona is full of d1 athletes. They didnt even know about chandler when gunner romney moved there lol. Theres teams in az with more d1 than all of el paso

Bijan just broke a 77 yarder on them. 28-7.

VQ don’t be hurt my friend. Didn’t I tell you this last week?

Don’t worry they’ll call off the dogs here in the 3 qtr and DV might get some garbage points.

Who said I was in NM? I just know all area sports. Well I guess just AZ, NM and EP sports

Rgvfb
Trod0
Rgvfb
Trod0
Yea man , those people think arizona is new mexico lol. Arizona is full of d1 athletes. They didnt even know about chandler when gunner romney moved there lol. Theres teams in az with more d1 than all of el paso
Right! Chandler by themselves as 1 team has more D1 athletes than all off EP and Odessa put together. I’m talking about high level P5 players not UTEP offers

I see since Del Valle is getting whipped the excuses are starting to come out of the woodwork. I'm reading and hearing that Del Valle is losing because of the D1 caliber players the other team had. Come on man. You all are sounding like the El Pasoans of 15 to 20 years ago. Snap out of it. Del Valle is losing and will lose and move on. Teams lose for many reasons. Stop with the excuses.

Westsider
I see since Del Valle is getting whipped the excuses are coming out. Del Valle lost because of the D1 caliber players the other team had. Come on man
Excuses? No , just talking about how az how lots of d1 talent. I will say this. Arizonas top 5 teams could all compete yearly in our 6a for a state championship. Some could even beat allen

Rgvfb
Westsider
I see since Del Valle is getting whipped the excuses are coming out. Del Valle lost because of the D1 caliber players the other team had. Come on man
Excuses? No , just talking about how az how lots of d1 talent. I will say this. Arizonas top 5 teams could all compete yearly in our 6a for a state championship. Some could even beat allen
Weatsider what are you talking about. Who’s making excuses??? I been saying it for over a week now that AZ will beat DV. People on here are typical el pasoans thinking otherwise and thinking ep can hang. You sad cause your team got smashed again?? Don’t worry I think they are top 3 in El Paso. That just shows how far behind ep is.

Rgvfb. You’re right. The top AZ teams will hang with any top TX teams and could possibly beat them. But don’t tell these guys that because to them no one can beat them

Trod0
Rgvfb
Westsider
Weatsider what are you talking about. Who’s making excuses??? I been saying it for over a week now that AZ will beat DV. People on here are typical el pasoans thinking otherwise and thinking ep can hang. You sad cause your team got smashed again?? Don’t worry I think they are top 3 in El Paso. That just shows how far behind ep is.

Rgvfb. You’re right. The top AZ teams will hang with any top TX teams and could possibly beat them. But don’t tell these guys that because to them no one can beat them
Trod it's people like you that use the entire country to pick and choose a team or great teams to compare and contrast against El Paso a city it's not a country and with your attempt to make El Paso football as you put it seem far behind when you have the entire country to choose from. Pathetic if you ask me.

I completely agree with you Westsider!! I'll be on later, if not tomorrow. family and kids first

Westsider
Trod0
Rgvfb
Westsider

Trod it's people like you that use the entire country to pick and choose a team or great teams to compare and contrast against El Paso a city it's not a country and with your attempt to make El Paso football as you put it seem far behind when you have the entire country to choose from. Pathetic if you ask me.
Why don’t you go read some of the comments made by el pasoans talking about the other team and how bad they are. I got on here against 2 ep teams. Your Franklin cougars last week and now against DV this week. I got on here to set you blind el pasoans straight, that you guys don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’m not putting the county against ep, heck I didn’t even comment on other games. Just the 2 games that you guys were so sure that you would win but had no idea how good the other teams were. I’m just here to set some people strait on what they say.

Trod0
Westsider
Trod0
Rgvfb
Westsider

Trod it\\\'s people like you that use the entire country to pick and choose a team or great teams to compare and contrast against El Paso a city it\\\'s not a country and with your attempt to make El Paso football as you put it seem far behind when you have the entire country to choose from. Pathetic if you ask me.
Why don’t you go read some of the comments made by el pasoans talking about the other team and how bad they are. I got on here against 2 ep teams. Your Franklin cougars last week and now against DV this week. I got on here to set you blind el pasoans straight, that you guys don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’m not putting the county against ep, heck I didn’t even comment on other games. Just the 2 games that you guys were so sure that you would win but had no idea how good the other teams were. I’m just here to set some people strait on what they say.
you sound incredibly insecure...

Trod0
Westsider
Trod0
Rgvfb
Westsider

Trod it\'s people like you that use the entire country to pick and choose a team or great teams to compare and contrast against El Paso a city it\'s not a country and with your attempt to make El Paso football as you put it seem far behind when you have the entire country to choose from. Pathetic if you ask me.

Dude go to the Pickem Week 2 edition prediction thread and see that El Pasoans had Del Valle to lose against Salpointe. You are not the only person in the Universe who predicted Del Valle to lose to Salpointe. Just because 1, 2 or 3 people think Del Valle is powerhouse or that a newspaper has Del Valle preseason #1 does not mean all El Pasoans think that as well.

http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=1529108027&frmid=10389&msgid=1971025&cmd=show

Westsider
Trod0
Westsider
Trod0
Rgvfb
Westsider

Trod it\\'s people like you that use the entire country to pick and choose a team or great teams to compare and contrast against El Paso a city it\\'s not a country and with your attempt to make El Paso football as you put it seem far behind when you have the entire country to choose from. Pathetic if you ask me.

Dude go to the Pickem Week 2 edition prediction thread and see that El Pasoans had Del Valle to lose against Salpointe. You are not the only person in the Universe who predicted Del Valle to lose to Salpointe. Just because 1, 2 or 3 people think Del Valle is powerhouse or that a newspaper has Del Valle preseason #1 does not mean all El Pasoans think that as well.

http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=1529108027&frmid=10389&msgid=1971025&cmd=show
About 50/50 pick on that game. Did you read the comments last week when people were trashing AZ and NM football? Where are those people know that things aren’t going their way

35-14 Salpointe

And Trod don't forget to look at many El Pasoan's preseason rankings so that you may also see that not every El Pasoan thought Del Valle to be the #1 team in El Paso. Possibly the only people that thought Del Valle was the #1 preseason team in El Paso was the El Paso times 1 guy team and Del Valle people that's it.

http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=1529108027&frmid=10389&msgid=1970558&cmd=show

Westsider
And Trod don't forget to look at many El Pasoan's preseason rankings so that you may also see that not every El Pasoan thought Del Valle to be the #1 team in El Paso. Possibly the only people that thought Del Valle was the #1 team in El Paso was the El Paso times and Del Valle people that's it.

http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=1529108027&frmid=10389&msgid=1970558&cmd=show
I myself don’t think they are the #1 team in EP. that’s what the AP and Maxpreps say not me. Top 3 are PH, Montwood and Franklin.

42-14 Salpointe

Del Valle got beat up tonight. Salpointe running back had a hell of a night. 5 TD's.

Trod0
Westsider
And Trod don\'t forget to look at many El Pasoan\'s preseason rankings so that you may also see that not every El Pasoan thought Del Valle to be the #1 team in El Paso. Possibly the only people that thought Del Valle was the #1 team in El Paso was the El Paso times and Del Valle people that\'s it.

I myself don’t think they are the #1 team in EP. that’s what the AP and Maxpreps say not me. Top 3 are PH, Montwood and Franklin.

42-14 Salpointe
Well Trod contact the El Paso times the AP you say and MaxPreps then ask them what happened with their #1 team against Salpointe because Trod if you look at the preseason rankings by people in this board hardly anyone had Del Valle as their preseason #1.

Why contact them? It is what it is. AP had them ranked number 1. They were very much outclassed by Salpointe, that’s not my fault they ranked them as the best team in El Paso. That’s like when the AP has Alabama ranked #1 in college and if they were to lose me contact them about it. You know how dumb that sounds? AP is a relevant ranking source, people’s opinions on the forum isn’t. I get it, most people on here didn’t have them as the top team. I’d still say they “might” be the best team in El Paso in 5A.

Heartbreaking loss for Del Valle and its supporters. Time to lick the wounds and bounce back against Hutto this coming week. Eastlake let me down, even though the falcons are DV's newest rival, I was rooting for them to beat montwood and show them that they aren't invincible. El Paso team's had it rough against out of town teams this week. PHHS is the only EP school that got the W.

Trod0
Why contact them? It is what it is. AP had them ranked number 1. They were very much outclassed by Salpointe, that’s not my fault they ranked them as the best team in El Paso. That’s like when the AP has Alabama ranked #1 in college and if they were to lose me contact them about it. You know how dumb that sounds? AP is a relevant ranking source, people’s opinions on the forum isn’t. I get it, most people on here didn’t have them as the top team. I’d still say they “might” be the best team in El Paso in 5A.
I would like to know why you are saying """AP had Del Valle preseason ranked #1""". May you please post the link where you say the AP had Del Valle preseason ranked #1. I know the El Paso Times preseason ranked Del Valle #1 but the AP? Are you referring the El Paso Times as the AP?

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m