​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
El Dorado vs Coronado

This is a must win bounce back game for both teams. I see Eldo in another close one. Coronado is struggling with their O line and running game. JMHO.

Re: El Dorado vs Coronado

El Do will continue their struggles against another solid 6A team. Tbirds 32-14.

Could Be
This is a must win bounce back game for both teams. I see Eldo in another close one. Coronado is struggling with their O line and running game. JMHO.
In another close one? The last one was a blow out! Coronado with the win.

Our boys got this one. Seeing a 3 to even 4 touchdown win. Coronado will bounce back thank you very much!!!

Why is this a must win for either team? Week 2 non district game isn't a must win.

FHS19
Why is this a must win for either team? Week 2 non district game isn't a must win.
It's a confident WIN for the players on both teams....

Coronado should win. They have scheduled all 5A teams. Give me a break. Canutillo ,andress, they need to challenge themselves.

Embarrassing, franklin has permian.pebble hills has Midland. Coronado all 5A. Gimme a break.smh.

Dude
Coronado should win. They have scheduled all 5A teams. Give me a break. Canutillo ,andress, they need to challenge themselves.
I'll laugh if Coronado loses to El Dorado... Don't sleep on 5A. Andress contained Coronado's stud running back #9 Slaughter. Just because Andress, Del Valle, Eastlake, etc has lower enrollment and in a different district doesn't mean they aren't capable of beating 6A teams.

Your right when is last time coronado beat canutillo

VQ35HR
Dude
I'll laugh if Coronado loses to El Dorado... Don't sleep on 5A. Andress contained Coronado's stud running back #9 Slaughter. Just because Andress, Del Valle, Eastlake, etc has lower enrollment and in a different district doesn't mean they aren't capable of beating 6A teams.
Well maybe don't sleep on 5A in general but you can definitely sleep on El Dorado. They are really struggling this year and going thru what us fans like to call a "rebuilding year" but honestly El Dorado program is on the decline right now. The Coronado offense will get a shot of confidence this Friday.

VQ35HR
Dude
Andress had a great game plan. The linebackers played lights out. Coronado had three touchdowns called back. One was in overtime. a 25 yard run by Slaughter to win the game. Arroyo also over threw a wide open touch down with left than a minute which would have won the game. Coronado is a better football team than the one we saw Friday night. They had better be able to cure mistakes, and stretch the defense with more consistent play from the Quarterback. Hats off to Andress. The practiced to stop Slaughter, and they did.

EL Dorado will be a cake game for Coronado, right now you can put EL Dorado in the same conversation as if they was Socorro High School........

VQ35HR
Dude
Is that RB related to the Rudolph chevrolet guy?

he sure is... that's his pops

VQ35HR
he sure is... that's his pops
Lol only its Mission Chevrolet!!

nothing against the slaughters but I wouldn't waste my hard earned money on gm products lol...

VQ35HR
nothing against the slaughters but I wouldn't waste my hard earned money on gm products lol...
There is always Hyundai and Kia out there. Lol

Coronado and El Dorado have met 12 times.

2017 Final
El Dorado 53 Coronado 28

2016 Final
El Dorado 32 Coronado 28

2015 Final
El Dorado 49 Coronado 28

2014 Final
Coronado 50 El Dorado 42

2013 Final
El Dorado 26 Coronado 20

2012 Final
El Dorado 33 Coronado 28

2011 Final
El Dorado 30 Coronado 20

2010 Final
Coronado 27 El Dorado 24

2009 Final
Coronado 10 El Dorado 7

2008 Final
Coronado 37 El Dorado 21

2007 Final
Coronado 31 El Dorado 14

2006 Final
Coronado 23 El Dorado 0

Noone is anyone's daddy when these two play against each other.

Coronado will win big

epgerm
Coronado will win big

How big?
between 17-20?
between 21-27?
between 28-35?
between 36-49?
a slaughterfest over 50?

28-35

Rudy
epgerm
Coronado will win big

How big?
between 17-20?
between 21-27?
between 28-35?
between 36-49?
a slaughterfest over 50?
Fools. This is why we play the game. I dont see anyone rolling over and laying down. This is still a toss up. The game is at the SAC. Mark my words on this one.

Tonight we see just how far Eldo has sunk....I hope I'm wrong.....

Coronado!

It's the end of the 1st Quarter Coronado 7 El Dorado 7

It's Halftime Coronado 14 El Dorado 7

kfox said the tbirds were up 20-7 in the 4th quarter... anyone know if that was the final score?

30-13

VQ35HR
kfox said the tbirds were up 20-7 in the 4th quarter... anyone know if that was the final score?
Final
Coronado 30 El Dorado 13

Edgar
VQ35HR
Final
Coronado 30 El Dorado 13
Birds played decent. Slaughter ate them up on the ground. 160 plus 3 tds

RESPECT.

The new Quarterback for Coronado looked poised and made some great throws. The biggest difference in the two Qb's for Coronado is that #4 has much more zip on the ball, just a stronger arm in general. He was getting the ball to the recievers in fine fashion. A dropped TD pass that was perfect would have put him well over 250 passing. Kuddos to the coaches for making this move! what a spark! Go Carney!

To start, I want to give credit where credit is due. Carney played a great game and executed what the coaches asked him to do... having said that, I don’t agree with the way you view the change and how everything transpired. First of all the reason #12 is the starting QB is because he has the better arm talent. That’s why they came out and tried to spread the field with multiple wide receiver sets. That showed the confidence the coaches have in his arm. Now my problem with the decision was that if you were going to totally change the game plan and go to a heavy run oriented offense, WHY MAKE THE CHANGE AT QUARTERBACK? They limited the reads that #4 had to make by running play action and running the football. They could have ran the same offense from the beginning instead of putting this kid in a disadvantage of having to read the field and spread the ball around. Why damage his confidence by benching him when the blame is totally on the coaches and their ridiculous play calls to start the game. Your job as coaches is not to put your players at a disadvantage and the Coronado coaches have done that 2 weeks in a row by making questionable decisions. If you’re a good coach then you know what you have in these kids and that’s why they shrunk the game plan with #4 in the game. They need to realize that the strength of their team this year is the run game and no matter who starts at QB, they need to establish the run first. Not put these kids at a disadvantage like they did to start the game. They’re lucky that they can depend on their defense this year to cover all the stupid mistakes this coaching staff makes. And another observation... the one time they tried a spread formation to throw the balll, #4 threw it into double coverage and was lucky it wasn’t picked off. Let’s try to watch the game and not just the results before saying or in this case writing anything. But again, great game by the “back up” but let’s not get carried away... he’s the back up for a reason.
Regards

I have to disagree. #12 had a clear chance to win the game in week 1 . Over threw wide open receiver with a minute left. This week threw 2 picks in the first quarter. #4 came in and hit Seabrook in stride for a TD. He also hit Lemaster and #22 among others. I also think #4 thriw the more accurate ball. They have to be able to throw the ball in order to win. Their run game is ok, but nothing without the pass. It will all come out in the wash, but if 12 diesnt improve by district, he will lose out just like he did last year.

Dissagree all you want. If you couldn’t see the way the play calling changed, then there’s nothing to talk about. Maybe you should go talk to the coaches and get it from them. They shrunk the offense for him. You don’t have agree, you just have to know football. Last week in overtime the coaches, knowing you have a VERY GOOD KICKER, could have played it closer to the vest and gotten out of there with a win. Not to mention a division 1 prospect standing at 6 foot 8 inches tall on the right side that they could run behind. Look, coaches lose more games then they win. Lucky for them they realized it in this game before it was too late. With that formula the TBirds will be though to beat no matter who’s the quarterback... but let’s not get carried away again. Kid’s the back up for a reason. Let’s put the blame where it needs to go... The ones managing and calling plays.

Correction:

He was the backup.

Ortiz
Correction:

He was the backup.
I do not think the coaches have their mind made up just yet. I agree that the run game is the strength of the team this year. Slaughter is a very physical back that wears down a defense by pounding the rock over and again. it will open up the passsing game. Charlie is also a good weapon in the arsenal. The coaches know what to do, they just need to do it!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m