​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Midland Lee Rebels vs Montwood Rams

If Montwood beats Midland Lee I will start taking Montwood serious.

Re: Midland Lee Rebels vs Montwood Rams

Wont even happen

My Prediction
Midland Lee 42 Montwood 17

DannyRamHater, I bet you wont be back on Friday congratulating Montwood.

Qbert, you don't have to wait till Friday to take Montwood serious. FEAR the HORN.

Qbert
If Montwood beats Midland Lee I will start taking Montwood serious.
It's early but Midland Lee doesn't seem that strong this year.

El Paso Teams have caught up to the Permian Basin Teams. We are equal now.

Jury is still out on the offense, but the defense no doubt will take care of business. I’ll take the Rams in a tough one, till the end. Go Rams!!!!

Midland Lee is the strongest team in Midland. Your just saying that in case Montwood win. Midland High is the weakest in Midland.

Agree with you, But we EL PASO teams are also very strong. Montwoods Defense is the Main Event in 1-6A. Montwood will win as a TEAM.

MIDLAND LEE 35
MONTWOOD 14

Don't try and hide under BillyBob ther REB.

Montwood is playing solid football and with Ramos returning they should be even more lethal. Lee is perennially a powerhouse and will represent themselves very well tomorrow. Montwood has to protect their QB better than they did last week. Also their defense will not face a very predictable offense such as Eastlakes.
Midland Lee is averaging 24pts per game and surrendering 27pts per game
Montwood is averaging 19pts per game and surrendering 13pts per game

Lee has faced stiffer competition overall. I want the Rams to win but numbers and level of competition point to Lee in a close game. I hope that I am wrong.

BillyBob
MIDLAND LEE 35
MONTWOOD 14
Billy Bob more like 35 to 0

Rebels looks like your shutout prediction is not happening but I'm with you Midland Lee should pull off the win easily.

HALFTIME
MIDLAND LEE 28
MONTWOOD 6

Montwood players so petty and tiny

Cats32
Jury is still out on the offense, but the defense no doubt will take care of business. I’ll take the Rams in a tough one, till the end. Go Rams!!!!
Cats32 Montwood's defense was holding early on but as you stated the offense just cannot get it going and when the offense cannot get it going eventually the defense will falter.

Where’s Montwood #1? You thought beating Los fresnos was a big win? Like I said they’re one of the weaker teams in our district this year.

FINAL
MIDLAND LEE 42
MONTWOOD 6

Those woodboys and montwood supporters are awfully quiet :laughing: burn the ship!!:laughing: :joy:

VQ35HR
Those woodboys and montwood supporters are awfully quiet :laughing: burn the ship!!:laughing: :joy:
They sure are very quite they what have a total of 44 points in three games and Midland Lee just slapped them with 42 in one game come on Montwood you cannot be the number one team in the city or West Texas with those type of numbers; you squeeked by a maybe 4th place team in 32-6A and squeeked by maybe the number 2 or 3 team in 5A in El Paso.

LeftEP4RGV
VQ35HR
They sure are very quite they what have a total of 44 points in three games and Midland Lee just slapped them with 42 in one game come on Montwood you cannot be the number one team in the city or West Texas with those type of numbers; you squeeked by a maybe 4th place team in 32-6A and squeeked by maybe the number 2 or 3 team in 5A in El Paso.
You again??? Just trolling looking to see who bites huh?? But yes I’ll agree with you. Montwood ‘s offense is leaderless and without an identity this year. First game I was able to see was Eastlake’s and I knew then that nothing special was there, but was hoping I was wrong. The defense I have to say I was impressed but without an offense to compliment that, there’s not much they can do but try and hold on. I’m curious to see what corrections or changes the coaches are gonna make if ANY! Well I’m still holding a positive feel for the program and hoping that we can learn from this embarrassment of a game and get back to fundamental football. As I see it right now all teams are weak this year including 5A, with the exception of Pebble Hills and possibly Del Valle and that just my opinion.

Agree with you Cats32 110% on this statement of yours

"As I see it right now all teams are weak this year including 5A, with the exception of Pebble Hills and possibly Del Valle and that just my opinion."

Cats32
LeftEP4RGV
VQ35HR
You again??? Just trolling looking to see who bites huh?? But yes I’ll agree with you. Montwood ‘s offense is leaderless and without an identity this year. First game I was able to see was Eastlake’s and I knew then that nothing special was there, but was hoping I was wrong. The defense I have to say I was impressed but without an offense to compliment that, there’s not much they can do but try and hold on. I’m curious to see what corrections or changes the coaches are gonna make if ANY! Well I’m still holding a positive feel for the program and hoping that we can learn from this embarrassment of a game and get back to fundamental football. As I see it right now all teams are weak this year including 5A, with the exception of Pebble Hills and possibly Del Valle and that just my opinion.
Not trolling that was for the specific Montwood fans that think they are going to state or going to run EP

Agreed 100% LeftEP4RGV. Not even Franklin is that cocky and they have had more of a successful program since the school opened compared to montwood who became relevant in 03.

Based on LSFN there are other programs around the city that have better football records than montwood.

Franklin: 168-80-0
Montwood: 153-115-1
Del Valle: 186-112-2
Chapin: 134-50-0

I could list other schools but they are older and wins can be racked up from the 60's, 70's and the programs can be a shadow of their former selves. Del Valle opened in the late 80s, Montwood early 90s, Franklin mid 90s and Chapin 99/2000. The 4 schools I listed have been consistent in wins (in recent times) and are only 10-12 years apart when it comes to overall football records. I honestly haven't seen any other schools fans, parents, supporters, athletes, etc be so full of themselves like montwood.

VQ35HR
Agreed 100% LeftEP4RGV. Not even Franklin is that cocky and they have had more of a successful program since the school opened compared to montwood who became relevant in 03.

Based on LSFN there are other programs around the city that have better football records than montwood.

Franklin: 168-80-0
Montwood: 153-115-1
Del Valle: 186-112-2
Chapin: 134-50-0

I could list other schools but they are older and wins can be racked up from the 60's, 70's and the programs can be a shadow of their former selves. Del Valle opened in the late 80s, Montwood early 90s, Franklin mid 90s and Chapin 99/2000. The 4 schools I listed have been consistent in wins (in recent times) and are only 10-12 years apart when it comes to overall football records. I honestly haven't seen any other schools fans, parents, supporters, athletes, etc be so full of themselves like montwood.
My son has been on Montwood Varsity football team for 2 years and they are 12-3. Keep in mind that we are down 4 starters. I'm not saying we would of beat ML but it would of been a little more competitive.

Montwood looked tiny compared to Midland Lee. Looked like middle school vs college team! Props to Midland, they all are drinking their milk and eating their meat lol. Midland Lee is going to have a very very strong year.

Montwood Defense did great. They were getting lots of pressure and contained the run for the most part. They just couldn’t catch a break, Midland Lee players were too fast. As soon as they saw a little bit of green it was off to the races.

Montwood Rams are like the NE Patriots, everyone hates Winners. Montwood offense will re group, District play is where it counts. We have no worries, Fear the Horn 6-A.

Eastsider
Montwood Rams are like the NE Patriots, everyone hates Winners. Montwood offense will re group, District play is where it counts. We have no worries, Fear the Horn 6-A.
District titles are like Division titles in the NFL... until montwood wins 5 state titles then maybe, just maybe they can be considered to be like the patriots lmao. Records don't lie. The Montwood community needs to fall back and take a bite out of the humble pie.

VQ35HR
Eastsider
District titles are like Division titles in the NFL... until montwood wins 5 state titles then maybe, just maybe they can be considered to be like the patriots lmao. Records don\'t lie. The Montwood community needs to fall back and take a bite out of the humble pie.
Wow the hate is real huh!!! Who’s your team by the way cause I just see you here half the time. Fans cheer for their teams that’s what they do and if you pay attention you can usually tell which posts are from students with strong comments that yes I agree need some humbling. But for what ever reason you and that other troll can’t get out of Montwood threads. Go Rams!!!

Cats32
VQ35HR
Eastsider
District titles are like Division titles in the NFL... until montwood wins 5 state titles then maybe, just maybe they can be considered to be like the patriots lmao. Records don\\\'t lie. The Montwood community needs to fall back and take a bite out of the humble pie.
Wow the hate is real huh!!! Who’s your team by the way cause I just see you here half the time. Fans cheer for their teams that’s what they do and if you pay attention you can usually tell which posts are from students with strong comments that yes I agree need some humbling. But for what ever reason you and that other troll can’t get out of Montwood threads. Go Rams!!!
I got no dog in this discussion but let me correct your statement

Fans cheer for their teams UNREALISTICALLY. Majority of Montwood people are way too unrealistic. It's probably too much reading of positive self help books which has majority of these Montwood people in a world of make believe and fantasy. Montwood people actually believed and fantasized that they were going to beat Midland Lee and they are doing the same thing to themselves about Odessa High. Not going to happen!!!!! As much as I personally would like to see Montwood win I'm realistic and know it's not going to happen. Montwood has no offense!!!!!! Be realistic!!!!! Don't be like UTEP fans where they are all positive despite losing every week. Can't fix things or get better if you do not acknowledge the problems that the program has.

VQ35HR
Eastsider
District titles are like Division titles in the NFL... until montwood wins 5 state titles then maybe, just maybe they can be considered to be like the patriots lmao. Records don't lie. The Montwood community needs to fall back and take a bite out of the humble pie.
And what El Paso school do you follow with 5 state titles.

Eastsider

Cats32

RAM56

I don't consider myself a troll, just someone who calls out the nonsense with certain programs and their followers. I've listed school football records and montwood isn't the best program even with their recent success starting in 03, I can't see why you all think you run El Paso. If you haven't figure it out by now, I'm a Del Valle supporter. We (DV) have had some knuckleheads on the forum post some nonsense but nothing compared to Montwood. Eastsider's comparison of the rams being like the patriots made me :laughing: :laughing: Pats have 5 SB titles which in our case, would be state titles. He then goes on to talk about district is where it counts which would be like division games in the NFL but fails to acknowledge that if his team struggled against out of town Texas teams in non-district, the rams may face the same fate come mid November. He's only worried about district wins :face_with_rolling_eyes:

VQ35HR you make a great point. The way I see it is that social media is causing these problems with people and players as well as their coaches included being unrealistic and overly positive. You know just as the Utep followers, players and their coaches were before the season started and today they are awakening to the reality of things. Social media is causing people, players and coaches to have tunnel vision and this is bad. Social media is causing them to be detached from reality only focusing in their own timeline and little circle of followers. This in my opinion is a problem and it's getting bigger. If this opinion of mine rubs anyone the wrong way sorry but when you have people, players and coaches saying such things as "we will beat Midland Lee", "Montwood Rams are like the NE Patriots" or like Parkland on their twitter saying before the season to "Believe the Hype" and they Parkland basically lost to Burges in their first game of the season with reality hitting them in the face. I can go on and on with examples of what people, players and coaches are posting and tweeting. Again I find this to be a problem as social media is causing people, players and coaches to have illusions. Having faith and being positive is great but totally detaching and unplugging yourself from reality is not good. I will close with this parents can tell their kid that he or she will have a good life if they finish high school and go to college. That's all fine but finish telling them the rest the reality of things such as you will have to work very hard what you want out of life for nothing is going to be handed to you as there are many others who are way smarter than you that will work way harder than you and have way better resources and way more support than you who are also way more attractive than you so on and so on. BE REALISTIC!!!

VQ35HR
Eastsider

Cats32

RAM56

I don't consider myself a troll, just someone who calls out the nonsense with certain programs and their followers. I've listed school football records and montwood isn't the best program even with their recent success starting in 03, I can't see why you all think you run El Paso. If you haven't figure it out by now, I'm a Del Valle supporter. We (DV) have had some knuckleheads on the forum post some nonsense but nothing compared to Montwood. Eastsider's comparison of the rams being like the patriots made me :laughing: :laughing: Pats have 5 SB titles which in our case, would be state titles. He then goes on to talk about district is where it counts which would be like division games in the NFL but fails to acknowledge that if his team struggled against out of town Texas teams in non-district, the rams may face the same fate come mid November. He's only worried about district wins :face_with_rolling_eyes:
I agree with a lot of this stuff. The five State titles does, and would make you Royalty. Actually, our Royal West Texas neighbor Odessa Permian has six. Has appeared in 11 state championships and is the topic of two major motion pictures and a TV series. Midland Lee has three themselves. Montwood is just what we call "El Paso good". Until we change that mindset, we all will be bottom feeders. With that said, you have to be king of your own circle before you can invade another one. Pebble Hills is on fire. Id love to see them make noise out of our "little big town".

Qbert
VQ35HR you make a great point. The way I see it is that social media is causing these problems with people and players as well as their coaches included being unrealistic and overly positive. You know just as the Utep followers, players and their coaches were before the season started and today they are awakening to the reality of things. Social media is causing people, players and coaches to have tunnel vision and this is bad. Social media is causing them to be detached from reality only focusing in their own timeline and little circle of followers. This in my opinion is a problem and it\'s getting bigger. If this opinion of mine rubs anyone the wrong way sorry but when you have people, players and coaches saying such things as \"we will beat Midland Lee\", \"Montwood Rams are like the NE Patriots\" or like Parkland on their twitter saying before the season to \"Believe the Hype\" and they Parkland basically lost to Burges in their first game of the season with reality hitting them in the face. I can go on and on with examples of what people, players and coaches are posting and tweeting. Again I find this to be a problem as social media is causing people, players and coaches to have illusions. Having faith and being positive is great but totally detaching and unplugging yourself from reality is not good. I will close with this parents can tell their kid that he or she will have a good life if they finish high school and go to college. That\'s all fine but finish telling them the rest the reality of things such as you will have to work very hard what you want out of life for nothing is going to be handed to you as there are many others who are way smarter than you that will work way harder than you and have way better resources and way more support than you who are also way more attractive than you so on and so on. BE REALISTIC!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :100: :100: :100:

VQ35HR
Eastsider
I have to agree, here in El Paso the only thing people talk about it District? All District means is that you can beat your local teams. State should be the focus, with district being one of the obstacles, but nooooo here its like state to people. Its sad and shows how small minded we really are. El Paso will always be content with their participation ribbon. #THINKBIGGERBEBETTER

Lobo8
VQ35HR
Eastsider
District titles are like Division titles in the NFL... until montwood wins 5 state titles then maybe, just maybe they can be considered to be like the patriots lmao. Records don\'t lie. The Montwood community needs to fall back and take a bite out of the humble pie.
I have to agree, here in El Paso the only thing people talk about it District? All District means is that you can beat your local teams. State should be the focus, with district being one of the obstacles, but nooooo here its like state to people. Its sad and shows how small minded we really are. El Paso will always be content with their participation ribbon. #THINKBIGGERBEBETTER
Just look at social media how momies and daddies even some coaches still treat and talk about high school football players and teams as if it's youth football. Mindset rather that getting better and moving forward is getting worse and moving backwards.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m