​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chapin Huskies vs Parkland Matadors

This is the game I will be at.

In the Week 4 prediction thread within this forum I have Chapin with the W but it won't surprise me at all if Parkland beats Chapin as Chapin has not found chemistry amongst each other. The thing I question in this specific game is what if Chapin is up on Parkland in the 4th quarter will they turn off the lights and call the game a tie as they did when Burges was beating Parkland in the 4th quarter? I will be there hoping lights do not go out and expecting a nail biter till the final seconds.

Re: Chapin Huskies vs Parkland Matadors

Here I come to save the day!!!

Chapin 42
Parkland 27

(W) Chapin at Parkland

Edgar

In the Week 4 prediction thread within this forum I have Chapin with the W but it won't surprise me at all if Parkland beats Chapin as Chapin has not found chemistry amongst each other. The thing I question in this specific game is what if Chapin is up on Parkland in the 4th quarter will they turn off the lights and call the game a tie as they did when Burges was beating Parkland in the 4th quarter? I will be there hoping lights do not go out and expecting a nail biter till the final seconds.
LMAO! I doubt the lights will turn off and save Parkland again. Like you Edgar I too will be at this game and the only reason I will be at this game is because of the Division 1 studs that will be on the field. It's very rare to have the opportunity to watch two high school football teams from the city of El Paso with a handful of Division 1 studs going after it and every media in the city of El Paso should be writing and talking about this but instead I bet they will be writing and talking about 0-4 New Mexico State and 0-3 Utep in the Battle of I need a Win.

Parklands Khatib Lyles (INDIANA, KANSAS, COLUMBIA, YALE, DARTMOUTH, MCNEESE, TEXAS TECH, UTAH, NEW MEXICO, SOUTHERN MISS, INCARNATE WORD, UTEP, ABILENE CHRISTIAN, LIBERTY, AIR FORCE, NORTH TEXAS, NEW MEXICO STATE)

Parklands Deion Hankins (UTEP, TEXAS TECH, SAN DIEGO STATE, UTAH, OKLAHOMA STATE, SMU, AIR FORCE, ARKANSAS)

Chapins Lama Lavea (TEXAS STATE, AIR FORCE, NEW MEXICO STATE)

Chapins Will Williams (BAYLOR, UTEP)

Chapins Quintavius Workman (UTEP, HAMPTON)

This isn't Jefferson, the Matadors won't have an easy game. The Huskies will come to play and show that they are the NE's best program.

Parkland will get the W :+1:

Juco
Edgar

LMAO! I doubt the lights will turn off and save Parkland again. Like you Edgar I too will be at this game and the only reason I will be at this game is because of the Division 1 studs that will be on the field. It's very rare to have the opportunity to watch two high school football teams from the city of El Paso with a handful of Division 1 studs going after it and every media in the city of El Paso should be writing and talking about this but instead I bet they will be writing and talking about 0-4 New Mexico State and 0-3 Utep in the Battle of I need a Win.

Parklands Khatib Lyles (INDIANA, KANSAS, COLUMBIA, YALE, DARTMOUTH, MCNEESE, TEXAS TECH, UTAH, NEW MEXICO, SOUTHERN MISS, INCARNATE WORD, UTEP, ABILENE CHRISTIAN, LIBERTY, AIR FORCE, NORTH TEXAS, NEW MEXICO STATE)

Parklands Deion Hankins (UTEP, TEXAS TECH, SAN DIEGO STATE, UTAH, OKLAHOMA STATE, SMU, AIR FORCE, ARKANSAS)

Chapins Lama Lavea (TEXAS STATE, AIR FORCE, NEW MEXICO STATE)

Chapins Will Williams (BAYLOR, UTEP)

Chapins Quintavius Workman (UTEP, HAMPTON)
Funny "the Battle of I need a Win". Juco they should not charge to enter the gates for this NMSU vs UTEP game but rather they should pay each spectator that walks through the gates $10 for even wanting to see these 0-7 combined teams.

Chapin coaches made a big mistake by placing Christian McKeever at QB at the start of this season. Christian was doing a hell of a job at his previous position. Chapin coaches should have gambled with someone else at QB. This move of Christian is what's hurting Chapin this season. They are off and just not clicking.

Qbert
Chapin coaches made a big mistake by placing Christian McKeever at QB at the start of this season. Christian was doing a hell of a job at his previous position. Chapin coaches should have gambled with someone else at QB. This move of Christian is what's hurting Chapin this season. They are off and just not clicking.
Qbert no one could have said it better than that. Pure truth.

TheTruth
Qbert
Thanks Truth. The McKeever kid was perfect where he was at. Chapin coaches totally dismantled and broke that gear of their high scoring offensive machine. They could have put in a no name junior or even sophomore at QB who is not that all great but eventually the seniors like McKeever would have made the big plays and made that junior or sophomore QB look good.

I have Parkland winning

Qbert
TheTruth
Qbert
Thanks Truth. The McKeever kid was perfect where he was at. Chapin coaches totally dismantled and broke that gear of their high scoring offensive machine. They could have put in a no name junior or even sophomore at QB who is not that all great but eventually the seniors like McKeever would have made the big plays and made that junior or sophomore QB look good.
As MCKEEVER'S mom I approve this message!!!!!!!

Chapin mom
Qbert
TheTruth
Qbert
Chapin coaches made a big mistake by placing Christian McKeever at QB at the start of this season. Christian was doing a hell of a job at his previous position. Chapin coaches should have gambled with someone else at QB. This move of Christian is what\'s hurting Chapin this season. They are off and just not clicking.
As MCKEEVER'S mom I approve this message!!!!!!!
If you indeed are Mckeevers mom I want to say that I'm not saying that Christian McKeever is a terrible quarterback not at all. What I'm saying here is that his coaches can't expect him to move from a position he excelled at to all of a sudden being a quarterback and expect Christian to lead Chapin to the promise land. If Christian was not excelling at his previous position and if he was a sophomore or junior then I understand the move as he would have plenty of time to get extremely comfortable at the quarterback position. If you ask me Chapin should be undefeated at this time. There is no reason Chapin should be scoring under 20 points. Christian should be being tossed the ball and scoring 2 to 3 touchdowns a game. This is all on Christians coaches as they made a bad bad extremely bad move and I'm sure they know it but as with most El Paso coaches Christians coaches will not make the necessary adjustments. They will ride with their bad decision till the end and hope it pans out for the best.

Forgive me if this is a new post I'm not to tech savvy, but yes I am indeed his mother and I agree with everything you and half of el paso has said!!! Yes Christian played QB all city and 7th and 8th grade and freshmen year, not saying he cant do it and make the plays, but it was a bad choice on coaches, I hope soon they see that and make the changes but as you stated it wont happen....

Very interested in this game. Where is this game being played at?

Cats32
I believe it will be at Parkland. Such a shame that Chapin doesn't have a football stadium to call its own. Major fail by the EPISD and Designers of the campus

VQ35HR
Cats32
I believe it will be at Parkland. Such a shame that Chapin doesn't have a football stadium to call its own. Major fail by the EPISD and Designers of the campus
VQ35HR you can say that again. Oh hell I'll say it major fail by EPISD and Designers of the campus.

Qbert
VQ35HR you can say that again. Oh hell I'll say it major fail by EPISD and Designers of the campus.
QBert, I pass by Chapin everyday on my way to work out at WSMR and I see what could have been a stadium with one of the best views of the city lights (could have rivaled El Paso High) with the sun away from the spectators faces. I doubt EPISD can come up with a solution and will cheap out with middle school capacity bleachers like Jeff if they decide at attempting to create an actual stadium for the huskies. smh

VQ35HR
Qbert
QBert, I pass by Chapin everyday on my way to work out at WSMR and I see what could have been a stadium with one of the best views of the city lights (could have rivaled El Paso High) with the sun away from the spectators faces. I doubt EPISD can come up with a solution and will cheap out with middle school capacity bleachers like Jeff if they decide at attempting to create an actual stadium for the huskies. smh
If Chapin booster, a bunch of former players and alumni, as well as a mob of parents got together they can make it happen.

Qbert
If Chapin booster, a bunch of former players and alumni, as well as a mob of parents got together they can make it happen.
True but Chapin is landlocked. I physically haven't been on the current field or bleachers but it appears (from the 54) that there isn't much room to create an actual stadium, even if it was a one sided one like andress, irvin, eastwood, etc.

VQ35HR
Qbert
True but Chapin is landlocked. I physically haven\'t been on the current field or bleachers but it appears (from the 54) that there isn\'t much room to create an actual stadium, even if it was a one sided one like andress, irvin, eastwood, etc.
In my opinion there is plenty of room but they would have to strip and tear down the entire field especially the bleachers area. Flatten the entire hill where the bleachers are currently at as well as flatten all the space that is behind the bleachers and that's a lot of space back there behind the bleachers. Install and place the new field more towards the campus to make room for the other side by 54 for seating of spectators. Or again strip, tear down, flatten the entire area as I previously stated then completely turn the field around and install the field this way [] rather than how it currently is [----] which would have a goal post towards campus and the other goal post towards 54. Either way it will be tight but it's doable and will be perfect. They need to hire someone an expert at sports construction management. It's possible but then again it's EPISD.

Deion Hankins needs 137 yards to become the all-time career rushing leader in El Paso.

Will he get it against Chapin???

I think so!!!!

Chapin vs Parkland ~ ~ ~ ABRACADABRA!!! Chapin by 10

Chapin 7 Parkland 0
8:56 in the 1 qtr

With Mckeever out this game, parkland will take the W easy

Chapin 7 Parkland 7
7:36 in the 1st qtr

Chapin 7 Parkland 14
End of the 1st Qtr

Chapin 7 Parkland 20
9:29 in the 2nd Qtr

Chapin 7 Parkland 26
6:27 in the 2nd Qtr

Parkland 33 chapin 7 5:03 in the 2nd

Chapin 7 Parkland 33
5:03 in the 2nd Qtr

Chapin 7 Parkland 33

Deion Hankins has 121 yards and need only 16 yards for city rushing record

Chapin 7 Parkland 40

Deion Hankins has broken the record. He is the all-time leading rusher in the city!!!!!!

Chapin 14 Parkland 46

Time for a complete overhaul of Chapins coaching staff starting with the head coach. They are done.

Been saying that past 3 years. Secondary coach should’ve been fire last game after pebble hills.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m