EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Montwood vs Odessa High

Halftime
MONTWOOD 0
ODESSA HIGH 13

Montwood defense holding but I don't know like some have said in this forum Montwood has an offense problem. Odessa High will get the ball at the start of the 2nd half and if they score and Montwoods offense does not respond quickly with a score of their own I think that will be it for Montwood as their defense will completely break apart. A defense can only hold for so long especially if they are on the road and coming off a beatdown the weak prior.

Re: Montwood vs Odessa High

Rudy
Halftime
MONTWOOD 0
ODESSA HIGH 13

Montwood defense holding but I don't know like some have said in this forum Montwood has an offense problem. Odessa High will get the ball at the start of the 2nd half and if they score and Montwoods offense does not respond quickly with a score of their own I think that will be it for Montwood as their defense will completely break apart. A defense can only hold for so long especially if they are on the road and coming off a beatdown the weak prior.
Just read that Montwood QB threw 2 interceptions in the first half. Odessa High should actually be winning by a lot more.

Montwoods defense continues to hold strong but the offense is not able to help out or they just did not get off the bus.

And that's the end of the 3rd qtr

Montwood 0
Odessa High 20

Fumble by Jason Fernandez. Odessa High with a simple pass for a touchdown.

Montwood 0
Odessa High 27

You want tough competition to prepare you, stick to the Permian Basin. Why did these guys travel to Los Fresnos? Never understood that move.

FalconFeather
You want tough competition to prepare you, stick to the Permian Basin. Why did these guys travel to Los Fresnos? Never understood that move.
Probably to enjoy the beach. There's nothing better than walking in the beach. Feet and toes wiggling in the water and hot cool sand. Taking in the palm trees and ocean breeze. Seeing and hearing the waves crashing in the rock formations and shore ahh so soothing and relaxing.

FINAL
Montwood 0
Odessa High 27

I have no idea but if there was ever a rematch between los fresnos and montwood , los fresnos would win with ease. That first week they were off the first half in which montwood scored all their pts. Lf scored all their pts in the second half , the second week they went on to beat a playoff team from austin with a couple of d1 guys and beat em after being down by like 28pts. All that without a qb who can throw

Westsider
FalconFeather
Probably to enjoy the beach. There's nothing better than walking in the beach. Feet and toes wiggling in the water and hot cool sand. Taking in the palm trees and ocean breeze. Seeing and hearing the waves crashing in the rock formations and shore ahh so soothing and relaxing.

Westsider you beat me to it. I would have replied something similar. lol :smile:

Well Montwood lost again. Like I said before wake up to reality Montwood followers stop dreaming and trying all that law of attraction secret positive philosophy nonsense. Yes Montwood has a defense and can ball out but the reality is that Montwood has no offensive fire power none zilch.

Qbert
Westsider
FalconFeather

Westsider you beat me to it. I would have replied something similar. lol :smile:

Well Montwood lost again. Like I said before wake up to reality Montwood followers stop dreaming and trying all that law of attraction secret positive philosophy nonsense. Yes Montwood has a defense and can ball out but the reality is that Montwood has no offensive fire power none zilch.
I mean its hard to replace two d1 athletes on their team. Also i saw that the older fernades had 2 d1 offers and he decided to go juco, does anyone know why?

FalconFeather
I said that all along Los Fresnos is not a powerhouse in the RGV they’re number 4 in our district, now they did beat Austin LBJ by 1 point who travelled down to Los fresnos with about 20-21 kids

Qbert
Westsider
FalconFeather
Probably to enjoy the beach. There\'s nothing better than walking in the beach. Feet and toes wiggling in the water and hot cool sand. Taking in the palm trees and ocean breeze. Seeing and hearing the waves crashing in the rock formations and shore ahh so soothing and relaxing.

I mean its hard to replace two d1 athletes on their team. Also i saw that the older fernades had 2 d1 offers and he decided to go juco, does anyone know why?
Dots person I like how you are in my reality. Montwood did not only lose players hell every team loses players but Montwood like you said lost 2 division 1 players and not just Montwood players but a quarterback who if I'm not mistaken broke city passing records and a wide receiver who was possibly the best receiver El Paso has seen in a couple of years. That is reality. Way to go dots person. You're my kind of person who is living in the real world not fantasy and make believe. About the older Fernandez division 1 offers and going Juco. I don't know about that but my guess is either grades was an issue or he waited too long and did not commit and other players that were offered by the same program committed before him leaving no scholarship available.

thank you Odessa! Another week of montwood being silent! :+1:

LeftEP4RGV
FalconFeather
I said that all along Los Fresnos is not a powerhouse in the RGV they’re number 4 in our district, now they did beat Austin LBJ by 1 point who travelled down to Los fresnos with about 20-21 kids
This guy again!! How many more times you wanna put it out there that LF is our 4th best team in the district blah blah blah. I’ll say it one more time just for you Montwood beat Los Fresnos the 4th best team in LF district!!!!! There it’s been acknowledged. Now on to this game, yes it’s was an embarrassment to finish the night with a big old goose egg. Wasn’t able to watch it but from what I was able to follow the QB is no leader on that team and the offense seems to have completely broken down. I feel bad for the defense cause those boys leave it all on the field. I’m still holding out some hope that the offense can get going and have a decent season. Ohh well time will tell

Something I would like to share about this Montwood and Odessa final. This was Odessa Highs first shutout win since 2008. Montwood made history.

Juco
Something I would like to share about this Montwood and Odessa final. This was Odessa Highs first shutout win since 2008. Montwood made history.
Dang 😢

Juco
Ohh shet Odessa High will be partying all night long.

Sure would like to be a Odessa High player right about now. Party time means booze and girlies and yeah a hangover tomorrow morning with mom calling me a Borracho rather than a Broncho.

I am calling it here and now. Montwood will lose to Eastwood.

Cats32
LeftEP4RGV
FalconFeather
This guy again!! How many more times you wanna put it out there that LF is our 4th best team in the district blah blah blah. I’ll say it one more time just for you Montwood beat Los Fresnos the 4th best team in LF district!!!!! There it’s been acknowledged. Now on to this game, yes it’s was an embarrassment to finish the night with a big old goose egg. Wasn’t able to watch it but from what I was able to follow the QB is no leader on that team and the offense seems to have completely broken down. I feel bad for the defense cause those boys leave it all on the field. I’m still holding out some hope that the offense can get going and have a decent season. Ohh well time will tell
Yes this guy again, who yup this guy once again! LeftEP4RGV! How does that crow taste? Montwood seems pretty darn quite now and just for you Cats32 I’ll finally let that whopping win against Los fresnos go! Hope you guys have Pebble Hills circled!

Edgar
whoa! that's a bold statement! As much as I don't like montwood, I know they'll do alright in district. The PHHS game will be a great game to watch but I doubt Lopez and the troopers have the athletes and game plan to beat Fama and the rams. Anything can happen, if the troopers do beat the rams it will really bring the montwood program and supporters back to reality.

VQ35HR
Edgar
whoa! that\'s a bold statement! As much as I don\'t like montwood, I know they\'ll do alright in district. The PHHS game will be a great game to watch but I doubt Lopez and the troopers have the athletes and game plan to beat Fama and the rams. Anything can happen, if the troopers do beat the rams it will really bring the montwood program and supporters back to reality.
From the only game I’ve seen and what I’ve heard, with the turnovers and play calling, basically no offense it pains me to have to agree with Edgar at this point. Rams had a pretty good Soph RB that excelled last year on JV as a freshman, heard he quit this week leaving me to wonder if it’s the player or coaches. Either way don’t agree with a kid quitting when it gets tough.

Don't believe everything you hear cats as I believe grades were a problem..do you really think a kid is gonna quit a game he loves and has been playing for the last 8 years or so over coaching staff.. in all honesty ain't nothing wrong with the running game.. but more the quarterback who cannot throw beyond 25 yards so defenses are able to come up and load the box.. check the stats, I'm sure the qb has twice as many int's as he does touchdowns..

Just wondering if Fama is starting to miss his powerful offense from last two years starting with the offensi linejust yet?

Don't be Jelly Falcon. It was an Awesome Trip and WIN.

Just wait till District Play ,,,, everyone has Montwood Circled. Team will be healthy on both sides.

Everyone hates Montwood. It is what it is, We Win Anyways.

Eastsider
Everyone hates Montwood. It is what it is, We Win Anyways.
Montwood does not win anyways here are the facts to prove it

Montwood LOST to Odessa High 0 to 27
Montwood LOST to Midland High 6 to 42
Montwood struggled to barely beat a very weak Eastlake team 22-13.
Montwood struggled to barely beat a weak Los Fresnos team 16-13.

If you do the math this is what you get

Montwoods offense is only averaging 11 points a game. That is awful and in fact this should be lower but thankfully Montwood scheduled weak Eastlake and Los Fresnos.

Montwoods defense is allowing an average of 24 points a game. This is also awful and in fact it should be higher but thankfully Montwood scheduled weak Eastlake and Los Fresnos who have terrible offenses.

Everyone does not hate Montwood I and others are simply saying that Montwood is not any good this year that's all. If you look at the facts that I posted above you will be saying the same exact thing about Montwood this year. It has nothing to do with hate it has to do with how Montwood is playing and they are playing terrible football.

Lets see how Montwood does against Eastwood this week.

Edgar whos your Team ? The comical part of you Edgar is when District play starts, you always run and hide when Montwood Wins.

Eastsider
Edgar whos your Team ? The comical part of you Edgar is when District play starts, you always run and hide when Montwood Wins.
When District play starts? Are you kidding me. You sound like a Montwood parent or Montwood coach and you also sound like Utep fans who despite losing 16 straight games they are insanely optimistic about Conference play starting with them believing that if they win their first Conference game against UTSA that the 16 straight losses won't matter when everyone who really knows about football knows that those 16 straight losses will always matter. Wins and yes Losses are documented.

Look Montwood has lost their last 2 games and it might be 3 straight losses for Montwood if they don't get their stuff together before they play Eastwood.

Those 2 consecutive Montwood losses are documented by sources and will always be fact forever.

Hey edgar thanks for the info on the Montwood losses.
Let’s see how the game plays out on Friday. Win or lose I will still support the Rams!

Mention your Team Lil bitter Edgar.

Eastsider
Mention your Team Lil bitter Edgar.
Accept the Montwood losses Eastsider the king of denial.

Run and hide Lil Edgar.

Cats is Edgars BFF, no creditability to their comments.

Eastsider
Montwood absolutely no creditability or reason to being highly ranked by anyone due to these horrendous losses.

Eastsider
😂😂😂😂 not even close bud. I’m Montwood all the way but if you know any football at all, you know that this offense isn’t meshingat all and the turnover after turnover is killing us and our defense, who in reality is pretty stout. But without the O they don’t stand a chance. I’ll say it again that I’m hopeful they turn it around. We’ll see what they look like against Eastwood tomorrow and we’ll take it from there.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m