​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
365 good or bad?

Just wanting to know what you all think out there, I'm sure this has been a topic before but just wanted to bring it back up. I personally don't agree with it. but you all's thought....

Re: 365 good or bad?

Depends which angle you look at it. Why not beef up a team for a state run.

My opinion, good. Heck, I'm all for old school. No magnet schools, no open enrollment. Go to the school where you belong. You take 365 away and you'll have all these kids thinking there - - - - don't stink, wanting to make the call of where they go, ie.... all these pro guys like jimmy butler in hoops.

Personally I am an supporter of schools of choice. I feel parents of students should be empowered to make decisions on where their sons and daughters go to school. As far as students sitting out 365 days for athletic participation, why? Its like a punishment. And everyone knows that there is numerous ways around this rule. Like bootBoy (ALWLF} said why not beef up a team and get a state title, hell other areas do it all the time.

Wym 365

ok so little interest,, how I see it, what's wrong with all the best talent being at one school? It will cause other teams to get better to beat the best. it will also build a team that could possibly go outside of the city and be a real threat for a state title instead of being sacrificial lambs in them games. I know feelings would be hurt, because every one has a D1 son playing ball in the city..... I have a son playing ball, is he D1 right now NO, can he be yes, but that's on him. There is nothing I can do to make him a D1 player. Its on him, how much he commits, if he believes in himself. Do I support him yes, do I tell him he is D1 quality yes. but I also tell him, he has work to put in and if he doesn't, then he's not going to make it D1. I feel we need to be honest with our kids and stop feeding them bull crap because we don't want to hurt their feelings. So yeah I would support no kids getting hit with the 365 rule... but that's just me

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m