EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Del Valle Conquistadors vs Denton Ryan

David vs Goliath

Denton Ryan likes to strike quick to discourage their opponents belief system or hope if you will. Seems to work very well for them just look at their records the past couple of seasons.

Denton Ryan will not respect Del Valle's defense and what I mean by this is if Denton Ryan at any time, no matter if they are deep in their own territory, happen to find themselves on 4th and long they will go for it. Once again this goes with the discourage and destroy their opponents will, hope and faith because getting first downs on 4th and longs will often do just that to an opponent especially in the playoffs. It takes the wind out not only from the Del Valle defense but the Del Valle sideline and especially the Del Valle spectators who showed up to cheer their team on. Denton Ryan will attack the inner system of the belief core of their opponent and Del Valle will be no different.

Big if here. IF Del Valle can get out of the first quarter down by less than 14 points and go into halftime down by less than 14 points they have a chance. Don't get me wrong it's longshot of a chance but a chance nonetheless.

I would like to see David defeat Goliath but here's my prediction

Denton Ryan 56 Del Valle 7

Re: Del Valle Conquistadors vs Denton Ryan

Looks like the game will be broadcast live on Del Valles facebook page.... Watch Del Valle vs Ryan "Live" on the Official Del Valle Football OFOD Facebook Page 12pm MST
https://www.facebook.com/DVFootballOFOD/ Good Luck "Big Bad Blue"

OldTimer
David vs Goliath

Denton Ryan likes to strike quick to discourage their opponents belief system or hope if you will. Seems to work very well for them just look at their records the past couple of seasons.

Denton Ryan will not respect Del Valle\'s defense and what I mean by this is if Denton Ryan at any time, no matter if they are deep in their own territory, happen to find themselves on 4th and long they will go for it. Once again this goes with the discourage and destroy their opponents will, hope and faith because getting first downs on 4th and longs will often do just that to an opponent especially in the playoffs. It takes the wind out not only from the Del Valle defense but the Del Valle sideline and especially the Del Valle spectators who showed up to cheer their team on. Denton Ryan will attack the inner system of the belief core of their opponent and Del Valle will be no different.

Big if here. IF Del Valle can get out of the first quarter down by less than 14 points and go into halftime down by less than 14 points they have a chance. Don\'t get me wrong it\'s longshot of a chance but a chance nonetheless.

I would like to see David defeat Goliath but here\'s my prediction

Forget Del Valle being like David.
Del Valle best be like Achilles!

Good Luck Del Valle. I'm rooting on you believe it or not. :+1:

Del Valle likes to brag about their district championship trophies and their bi district championship trophies against El Paso teams but they need a special win against a powerhouse like Denton Ryan to encompass all of those tiny championship trophies against El Paso teams. An upset over Denton Ryan will be Coach Perales signature win. Coach Perales does not have a signature win over a powerhouse team like Denton Ryan on his resume.

DV down 14-0 but threatening late in the 1st half. Keep battling fellas

OldTimer
Del Valle likes to brag about their district championship trophies and their bi district championship trophies against El Paso teams but they need a special win against a powerhouse like Denton Ryan to encompass all of those tiny championship trophies against El Paso teams. An upset over Denton Ryan will be Coach Perales signature win. Coach Perales does not have a signature win over a powerhouse team like Denton Ryan on his resume.
Sounds more like Montwood if you ask me.

DV:14
Ryan:28

2nd quarter

https://scorestream.com/game/del-valle-vs-ryan-2217090

OldTimer
David vs Goliath

Denton Ryan will not respect Del Valle's defense and what I mean by this is if Denton Ryan at any time, no matter if they are deep in their own territory, happen to find themselves on 4th and long they will go for it. Once again this goes with the discourage and destroy their opponents will, hope and faith because getting first downs on 4th and longs will often do just that to an opponent especially in the playoffs. It takes the wind out not only from the Del Valle defense but the Del Valle sideline and especially the Del Valle spectators who showed up to cheer their team on. Denton Ryan will attack the inner system of the belief core of their opponent and Del Valle will be no different.

Big if here. IF Del Valle can get out of the first quarter down by less than 14 points and go into halftime down by less than 14 points they have a chance. Don't get me wrong it's longshot of a chance but a chance nonetheless.

Well OldTimer the halftime margin is not less than 14 points but it is 14 points.

HALFTIME:
Denton Ryan 28 Del Valle 14

Nice call OldTimer.

Watch the 2nd half of this game online OFOD!!!

https://www.facebook.com/DVFootballOFOD/videos/267956497410090/

Qbert
OldTimer
David vs Goliath

Well OldTimer the halftime margin is not less than 14 points but it is 14 points.

HALFTIME:
Denton Ryan 28 Del Valle 14

Nice call OldTimer.
Qbert it had to be down by less than 14 points at halftime not equal or greater than 14 points for Del Valle to remotely have any chance at an upset.

FINAL

Denton Ryan 42
Del Valle 14

Qbert
OldTimer
David vs Goliath

Denton Ryan will not respect Del Valle\\'s defense and what I mean by this is if Denton Ryan at any time, no matter if they are deep in their own territory, happen to find themselves on 4th and long they will go for it. Once again this goes with the discourage and destroy their opponents will, hope and faith because getting first downs on 4th and longs will often do just that to an opponent especially in the playoffs. It takes the wind out not only from the Del Valle defense but the Del Valle sideline and especially the Del Valle spectators who showed up to cheer their team on. Denton Ryan will attack the inner system of the belief core of their opponent and Del Valle will be no different.

Big if here. IF Del Valle can get out of the first quarter down by less than 14 points and go into halftime down by less than 14 points they have a chance. Don\\'t get me wrong it\\'s longshot of a chance but a chance nonetheless.

I would like to see David defeat Goliath but here\\'s my prediction

Forget Del Valle being like David.
Del Valle best be like Achilles!
Guess it would have been better if at the start of the game I had posted this one instead

Denton Ryan has such a good program that they make the team they are playing cause them to believe they are actually in the game. Denton Ryan can basically win by whatever margin they desire.

despite the tough loss, I'm still proud of DV! Whether it's bi-district, area, 5A, 6A, etc. No one in El Paso can take away the success Coach Perales and his squads have had past and present. Del Valle has been one of the few programs in the El Paso area to be consistent with their football program since the late 90s regardless of coaching and enrollment changes. Not advancing further in the Texas playoffs is an El Paso issue not just Del Valle's, No need to bash.

OFOD!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m