EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Riverside Head Coach stepped down today

HC Tony Pallanez has clocked out of Riverside. Official announcement TBA

Re: Riverside Head Coach stepped down today

Wow. Only two years on the job. Let's be real, the enrollment at Riverside was like 8 students over the 4A / 5A cut-off. Taking that job realizing that the Riverside area enrollment has dropped significantly over the past 15 years you had to have known it was going to be tough. Either way, whether he was pushed out or he decided to step down, don't think it is really fair after only two years.

The Middle School enrollment back around 2012 or so was over 700 kids alone in two grades.

Whoever the new coach is going to be needs to get in there and make changes immediately. They need to make their imprint on the program and establish not only with the players, but the school and community what he is about. Hopefully after next year with the realignment Riverside will drop to 4A and start competing again. This is a very proud community with a rich football tradition, they just need to be set up for success.

Riverside has their new coach...should be announced soon.

nostradamus
Riverside has their new coach...should be announced soon.
By any chance will the announcement be Gary Recorder Coronado Tbirds coaching assistant?

Yes it is true Gary Recoder is coming back to his old stomping grounds. Played center for coach work 97 to 2000. Been at a number of different schools the past couple of years. He was the OC at Coronado last year and Onate the year before. I bet he tries to brings Scott Veliz with him as his OC. Wish him luck he's going to have his Work cut out for him and his staff.

Good luck Coach Recoder

Its going to be a long season for Riverside. Where to begin? Lets start at the top...the Coaching. Recorder had dreams, aspirations coming in. A vision-- but his first error and a deep one at that. He failed to hold tryouts, not sure if it was just sheer laziness or the limited timing. But the former coach Pallanez made the same exact mistake...he had kids playing out of position all season, they only won 2 games and got blown out on the other games. Riverside has a sophmore QB 5-5, 130 lbs. on the roster? What coach would ever risk a season not to mention a QB with no phyical chance. 130 lbs!! ??? Are you kidding me? Survival will be this QB's goal, Not win games. In the spring game he had 3 ints, 2 fumbles and one literal takeaway (a lineman ripped the ball right out of his hands) for a touchdown. 130 lbs.!!
0-10 record I predict, I can just imagine all these Def lineman salivating...130lbs.

Coach Recorder--- use your brain, don't inherit players based on what they played last year OR on what people tell you. Riverside deserves better!!

River
Its going to be a long season for Riverside. Where to begin? Lets start at the top...the Coaching. Recorder had dreams, aspirations coming in. A vision-- but his first error and a deep one at that. He failed to hold tryouts, not sure if it was just sheer laziness or the limited timing. But the former coach Pallanez made the same exact mistake...he had kids playing out of position all season, they only won 2 games and got blown out on the other games. Riverside has a sophmore QB 5-5, 130 lbs. on the roster? What coach would ever risk a season not to mention a QB with no phyical chance. 130 lbs!! ??? Are you kidding me? Survival will be this QB's goal, Not win games. In the spring game he had 3 ints, 2 fumbles and one literal takeaway (a lineman ripped the ball right out of his hands) for a touchdown. 130 lbs.!!
0-10 record I predict, I can just imagine all these Def lineman salivating...130lbs.

Coach Recorder--- use your brain, don't inherit players based on what they played last year OR on what people tell you. Riverside deserves better!!
If you're a alum from Riverside or have a kid that plays for Riverside support rather than try to be a nostradumass. Make a difference

Gotta support the team. I really don't know of many hs teams that hold "tryouts" for positions. Let's face it, Riverside has been in a declining enrollment for years so the numbers game is not in their favor. But you ever know what can happen. Positive energy can go a long way at times. Try spreading some.

Riverside is landlocked in and will not see a resurgence until the older homeowners pass away and younger families move in and grow. It may sound callous but it's the truth and reality. Also they need to develop a true youth program feeder.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m