EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bel Air Head Coaching Job

Tony Cervantes no longer head coach at Bel Air. Any front runners for this Bel Air job? Good freshman class and new gym as well as Bel Air middle can we turn the program around?

Re: Bel Air Head Coaching Job

Honestly, with the exception of the DV area, I believe all schools south of I-10 are losing enrollment due to neighborhoods being made up of older citizens and no room for growth. RHS area enrollment is really down. The magnet school at BA never really materialized into luring athletes and despite the various "magnet" offerings at the YISD high schools and open enrollment, your not seeing a rush of kids running to many of these schools for athletics. With BA being right down the street from Eastwood, I would not even be surprised if they lose even more kids to EW when the new school opens for next yr. EW has sucked Hanks kids up and will do so with even more kids from within the District.

New Middle schools for Del Valle and BA areas will have same names attached (BA MIDDLE / DV MIDDLE) to help build pride within feeder patterns. But to me combining Camino Real with Valley View to create DV Middle will only make DV much stronger down the road. The combination of Hillcrest and Ranchland to form BA Middle will not have same effect. Ranchland Middle had lost way too many students due to drop in enrollment to really have an effect.

EW is primed to have numbers with new school opening. No reason they should not get stronger in all sports. Coaches their will be on hot seats as they will be De La Torre's 6-A school for YISD. He already called out Lopez this yr. at the District convocation.

Rumor mill is Parkland's OC will take over the program at BA.

Hmmm, athletes at PHS vs BAHS???????

Is not about having athletes is about being able to atract athletes....I didnt say the "R" word. Hopefully my post wont get deleted.....lol

Big
Is not about having athletes is about being able to atract athletes....I didnt say the "R" word. Hopefully my post wont get deleted.....lol
High school coaches all over the country including El Paso high school coaches recruit it's no secret and it has been talked about before. Nothing new.

As we all expected. Parkland's coaching assistant Eric Scogin will be taking over at Bel Air.

I’m excited to see how Scogin will deal with the position battle at quarterback. Will he go with junior to be Adrian Parsons who was their starter this past season or will he go with senior to be Elizondo. I actually just found out Elziondo is former QB Isaac Ybarra’s little brother.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m